Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
At the end Flash says "Who are you?" and the thingamajig said something back, what was it? My source for this show isn't subtitled and i can't make it out.

v v Weird

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dongattack posted:

At the end Flash says "Who are you?" and the thingamajig said something back, what was it? My source for this show isn't subtitled and i can't make it out.

Savitar, the god of speed.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Koalas March posted:

Ah yes, the black people see racism everywhere fallback. Good one. Whether it was a "clunky" line or not it was racist. You can be racist without the intent, believe it or not.

Yeah, there's not actually a binary of racist vs. not-racist people. People who probably see themselves as non-racist still internalize all kinds of assumptions, and all that poo poo emerges through writing whether someone intends it or not.

And I fully agree that the Jax/Stein dynamic is a little racist at its core. The entire conceit of Firestorm is that these opposites come together for a greater good. But the way that actually looks is that Stein is [brilliant, anxious, book-smart] where Jax is [brash, uneducated, street-smart]. Their entire banter is framed in sociocultural terms, where Stein can't believe Jax doesn't know some academic detail, and Jax calls Stein out as an uptight nebbish who "doesn't get it." It's pure 70's exploitation, and it's instructive to remember that Stein's dynamic with Ronnie was way more about Ronnie's youth and vitality than his class position. Ronnie was an engineer where Jax is a mechanic.

With respect to Wally, I agree with the argument he just isn't a formed character. When they actually turn him into Kid Flash and develop how he differs from Barry as a crimefighter, a lot of things will probably gel about him. Right now, he's burdened with being a conduit for drama who mostly broods about his family, broods about not having powers, and is lectured by anybody and everybody. How could that possibly be fun?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Keiynan Lonsdale was just named GQ's breakthrough actor of the year.

In Australia

Congrats to him! :)

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 18, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dislike of Wally/Keiynan doesn't have a goddamned thing to do with his race.

It's rooted in my deep hatred of Australians.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

I really like Keiynan's economic theories though.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Surprise twist: Julian's girlfriend is Patty :twisted:

Shantel is on Shooter now.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
In this timeline Patty never existed. Some completely new character will show up, and Barry will have no idea who she is, but in this timeline they had dated for years and hijinks will ensue :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They really dropped the ball by not having Barry be a deadbeat dad in this new timeline.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Do you think HR's partner/new face Randolf Morgan is connected to Tess Morgan, the wife of the original Wells that Eobard killed? Secret brother? Genderbent alternate universe double? Lazy name reuse?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rhyno posted:

:(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pee out my butt posted:

Do you think HR's partner/new face Randolf Morgan is connected to Tess Morgan, the wife of the original Wells that Eobard killed? Secret brother? Genderbent alternate universe double? Lazy name reuse?

This isn't an HBO show dude.

ChristopherRobin
Feb 27, 2011

Corgis with attitude.

pee out my butt posted:

There's a theory on the Reddit that HR is gay and Randolf Morgan is his divorcee, which is part of why he wanted to GTFO of his Earth.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ChristopherRobin posted:

There's a theory on the Reddit that HR is gay and Randolf Morgan is his divorcee, which is part of why he wanted to GTFO of his Earth.

Then why was he getting all up in a brother's game this episode? He couldn't leave that poor woman alone.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Heh, 'rooted'.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah, honestly, the first episode of the season he was working really well for me:

Flashpoint Caitlin: "Was I just kidnapped?"
Wally: "Unclear..."

The current mopey thing is definitely not helping all that much

I think "mopey" just doesn't work with this show, period. With the exception of certain Barry-Joe interactions, any time any of the main actors have tried to deliver emotions like sadness and angst, you can almost hear the people in the audience collectively rolling their eyes.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Anyway, I'm pretty annoyed that the season villain turned out to be yet another speedster. They could have taken the plot in all kinds of interesting directions, but noooo, it had to be "god of speed"... :rolleyes:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every season is going to be a speedster baddie. They don't know how to write challenges for Barry if his opponent doesn't have the same power set ONLY BETTER. For gently caress's sake, DC editorial mandated the creation of yet another super fast jerkoff so they can adapt him to the show in a future season.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Look if Barry can't win against an opponent by going faster than he just can't win.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Look if Barry can't win against an opponent by going faster than he just can't win.

This is bascially why they spent like the first half of season 1 priming the audience with stuff like:

:v:: Barry! You need to go FASTER!
:what:: ...Really?
:j:: YES!
:flashfap:: Okay.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

This is bascially why they spent like the first half of season 1 priming the audience with stuff like:

:v:: Barry! You need to go FASTER!
:what:: ...Really?
:j:: YES!
:flashfap:: Okay.

Actually, when Barry fought Captain Cold and Heatwave for the first time, he specifically had to go slower to make them cross beams. :eng101:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If they would just come out and say the Speedforce makes you dumber when you use it I'd be totally cool with the the way Barry handles himself.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It burns through his blood sugar, of course it makes him a moron.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

R-Type posted:

Then why was he getting all up in a brother's game this episode? He couldn't leave that poor woman alone.

Maybe he's bi and looking for that rebound.

When are we getting Snart back, or Grodd? These speedster Big Bads are lame and push the writers into a corner, except for Eobard.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I want an episode where evil Eobard Thawne shows up from another world, and then a good version who is that world's Flash shows up chasing him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bonus points if they go back in time and encounter Wells-Thawne.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Crisis on Infinite Thawns

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

Crisis on Infinite Thawns

Tom Cavanagh and Matt Letscher having a "who can be the bigger smug rear end in a top hat?" competition? Sign me the gently caress up :flashfap:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I forgot about this scene in season 2 where Snart freezes lasers into solid objects. I'm dying over here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh man, "natural athleticism." Every drat time.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh man, "natural athleticism." Every drat time.

I can't even watch that episode which sucks because I like Jax.

Oh man, remember in LOT when they were in the 50s and Jax was kidnapped by the racist sheriff and everyone kinda hung around on the ship for a few hours instead of looking for him considering he could've been straight lynched? Good times.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It kinda works in that episode since Stein is the only one who says it, and you can just pretend Stein is really super racist, except they kept doing it in Legend for a while, too. Seems to have vanished from the latest season.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

FactsAreUseless posted:

I want an episode where evil Eobard Thawne shows up from another world, and then a good version who is that world's Flash shows up chasing him.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bonus points if they go back in time and encounter Wells-Thawne.

I would absolutely watch a whole season about Eobard Thawne being a huge rear end in a top hat throughout time and space. At least he can own up to being a huge remorseless rear end in a top hat, unlike Barry who makes excuses for himself whenever he fucks up.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Koalas March posted:

Keiynan Lonsdale was just named GQ's breakthrough actor of the year.

In Australia

Congrats to him! :)

cool, good for him

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

lotus circle posted:

I would absolutely watch a whole season about Eobard Thawne being a huge rear end in a top hat throughout time and space.

If you can shut off the rational part of your brain for an hour a week, he's over on Legends doing exactly that, plus carting Damien Darhk around with him. He already killed Hourman because gently caress you, that's why.

Legends is fun as long as you don't think about it too much and concentrate on things like Mick's love of setting Nazis on fire.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Putting Thawne and Dhahrhkh together is the smartest thing Legends of Tomorrow has ever done. Now just find a way to include Slade as their muscle and it'll be fully awesome.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Phylodox posted:

Putting Thawne and Dhahrhkh together is the smartest thing Legends of Tomorrow has ever done. Now just find a way to include Slade as their muscle and it'll be fully awesome.
He does appear to be making at least a cameo in the Crossover Event...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Barry was going a bit over Mach 2 when he traveled back in time. Any rear end in a top hat with a supersonic jet can go back in time.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Barry was going a bit over Mach 2 when he traveled back in time. Any rear end in a top hat with a supersonic jet can go back in time.

As long as they are on speedforce yeah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oracle posted:

He does appear to be making at least a cameo in the Crossover Event...

Has he stopped thinking everyone at the CW is an rear end in a top hat?

• Locked thread