Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Brita filters Keurig are actually useful and not a colossal waste of money though.
fake edit: gently caress your snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

That's just stupid.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Hmm, this probably won't end well.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

fishmech posted:

What are you talking about? It will be glorious.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm trying to think of ways to get rich off of this without going to jail.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

CommonShore posted:

:same:

Hmmm... all the usual things to manipulate an investment market are already illegal...

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Run Indiegogo and take a cut of all the cons.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

WrenP-Complete posted:

:same:

Hmmm... all the usual things to manipulate an investment market are already illegal...

MLM? What someone was to use it to set up a "Direct Sales" company with the explicit business model that With companies like herbalife, you need to get in on the ground floor if you want a chance to get rich. Here is your chance to sell lovely stuff to other people for the sake of resales, and to get rich off of it!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAv8h5kivc4

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

monster on a stick posted:

Run Indiegogo and take a cut of all the cons.

A crowdfunding campaign to start a competitor to Indigogo/Kickstarter. :smugbird:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

CommonShore posted:

MLM? What someone was to use it to set up a "Direct Sales" company with the explicit business model that With companies like herbalife, you need to get in on the ground floor if you want a chance to get rich. Here is your chance to sell lovely stuff to other people for the sake of resales, and to get rich off of it!

I think we can still package them together to leverage, right?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

fishmech posted:

Literally throw money in a hole and hope for the best.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Harveygod posted:

A crowdfunding campaign to start a competitor to Indigogo/Kickstarter. :smugbird:

This is pretty much how Tim Schafer became one of the heads of Fig, along with the Wasteland 2 guy.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Guy Mann posted:

This is pretty much how Tim Schafer became one of the heads of Fig, along with the Wasteland 2 guy.

Tim Schafer [and Brian Fargo] are on an advisory committee, they don't run Fig.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
We live in a post-bitcoin world.

People can show up and say "Hey guys! Come over here! We're running a ponzi scam! you know how those work, right? Sign up now!"

And people do. And then get butthurt that the scammers took the money and ran right away, rather than paying out the initial investors with the money from later ones like a real ponzi is supposed to.

So just so straight on there and say "I want to connect your tootbrush to the internet so that when you run out of toothpaste you can shake your brush and order some more. also it knows when the bristles need replacing and buys a new ones of itself for you."

Then say "I'll try my best with your startup money, but if it falls through, I'll make sure to pay the employees their wages before returning what's left to the investors"

Make yourself the only employee with a massive salary.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Ahem, I think you'll find they're called "honest ponzis"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Game developer creates WACKETY-SHMACKETY Kickstarter to promote their new game and sell Steam keys, even further eroding any pretense that the site isn't just a glorified pre-order platform.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I'm so confused, are you actually able to poo poo/piss in them or are they just a joke

Given how scarily obsessed with poo poo the rest of the page and campaign is I'm guessing you actually can

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Big deal, I can poo poo in my pants right now.

In fact I just did to prove I could!

:smug:

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

pee pee
doo doo

It was a bad game

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

All of this guy's games have castration scenes in them, no way is he getting anywhere near me with this poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm a big baby, but I have never in my life actually been so scared of anything that I poo poo myself, let alone a video game.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm a big baby, but I have never in my life actually been so scared of anything that I poo poo myself, let alone a video game.

Scaredest I ever gotten of a video game is this one where you take pictures of Japanese ghosts I forget what it was called, and while I was playing it two lamp bulbs in my apartment went out at the same time.

Sorry for this post.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Scaredest I ever gotten of a video game is this one where you take pictures of Japanese ghosts I forget what it was called, and while I was playing it two lamp bulbs in my apartment went out at the same time.

Sorry for this post.

That was Metal Gear Solid

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Sorry for this post.

Fatal Frame?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Maw posted:

Fatal Frame?

That's the one.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
I'm not an expert, but these equity crowdfunding campaigns seem like terrible deals.

This bar/distillery isn't even offering equity, just promising to repay 10% gross revenue, up to 1.5x your initial investment.

https://app.microventures.com/crowd...20161115_equity

This smart toy is offering "future equity" conditizonal on a larger, future funding round that may or may not ever happen.

https://app.microventures.com/crowd...20161115_equity

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Anyone remember incredibly bad MMO "The Endless Forest", in which you are frolicking deer and which got mercilessly trolled by a certain dead comedy website?

Welllllll https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-endless-forest-second-decade-game-multiplayer#/

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

gschmidl posted:

Anyone remember incredibly bad MMO "The Endless Forest", in which you are frolicking deer and which got mercilessly trolled by a certain dead comedy website?

Welllllll https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-endless-forest-second-decade-game-multiplayer#/

wasn't tales of tale supposed to be out of the gaming business after sunset flopped horribly

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

exploded mummy posted:

wasn't tales of tale supposed to be out of the gaming business after sunset flopped horribly

quote:

Tale of Tales is currently concentrating on non-commercial work. To fund such productions we now rely on the generosity of people willing to support the arts.

We are currently in the last days of a fundraising effort to renew our very first game release, The Endless Forest, a free multiplayer online game where everyone plays a deer.

https://igg.me/at/theendlessforest

Created over a decade ago, The Endless Forest has been the cornerstone of the design of all our subsequent games. There is an incredibly active community of players, but the games' technology is outdated and we want to remake it so that we can continue to expand it for another decade.

Recreating the game in a new engine will also allow us to attract many more players than the current 170,000 registered accounts, including users of OS X and Linux. But six days from the end, we still need to collect over half of the funds needed to do this properly. Hence this message.

Please support one of the most unique games ever made and ensure it can live on!

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

flexible funding, go loving figure

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I almost want it to get funded so we can watch it never happen.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

gschmidl posted:

This is it, this is the game that make speedrunners (the kind that speedrun 20 year old Happy Meal games) seem sane.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Remember those HD, eink shoes?
Of course they haven't been delivered yet
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/shiftwear-customize-your-kicks-technology#/comments

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Non Serviam posted:

Remember those HD, eink shoes?
Of course they haven't been delivered yet
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/shiftwear-customize-your-kicks-technology#/comments

And it was already beaten to the market by another crowdfunded e-sneaker, the Vixole Matrix, which uses OLED screens, albeit monochrome and low-resolution (22ppi).

(Intentionally looked for real photos of this thing, since I'm certain they enhanced the pitch video)

Young Freud has a new favorite as of 15:56 on Nov 23, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Young Freud posted:

And it was already beaten to the market by another crowdfunded e-sneaker, the Vixole Matrix, which uses OLED screens, albeit monochrome and low-resolution (22ppi).

(Intentionally looked for real photos of this thing, since I'm certain they enhanced the pitch video)

those look pretty tacky for a $275 shoe

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

reminder that Tim Schafer is an anagram for Mr Shitface

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

On the plus side, though, they actually work.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

TBF, pre-order price is actually $150.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

On the plus side, though, they actually work.

This, too, because they're probably using the basics version as a testbed for the limited edition HD version that's $350+. It's at least small steps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I just don't understand how anyone, except maybe Xzibit, would think that screens on their footwear is a good idea.