Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Puppy Galaxy posted:

iBrain is the hardest I've ever laughed in my life

iBrain is one of those "I will never forget the first time" things for me. A friend of mine had e-mailed me a link to it and I was listening to it while walking around doing chores in the house. I eventually had to pause it and sit down I was laughing so hard. I've shown it to a handful of people since then but they haven't found it funny :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Can't remember if I heard it or not when listening to CBB (skipped some of the CDR episodes, definitely keep meaning to go back and listen to them all) but I just listened to iBrain last night based on that link. I thought it was funny, but not the greatest thing ever :shrug:

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

iBrain is one of those "I will never forget the first time" things for me. A friend of mine had e-mailed me a link to it and I was listening to it while walking around doing chores in the house. I eventually had to pause it and sit down I was laughing so hard. I've shown it to a handful of people since then but they haven't found it funny :shrug:

Same, I was driving and had to pull over.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Seaniqua posted:

For me, that was Brett's "original" Eagleheart pilot. I was in the process of moving out of my old apartment and needed something to listen to as I was packing up my kitchen, so I decided to give CBB a shot. "Oh, an episode with the cast of Eagleheart, I bet that'll be good" I thought. Thirty minutes later I've stopped any kind of meaningful work and am doubled-over laughing, head in arms on the counter, as they went through the increasingly dark story of Brett, Susie and Chief as degenerate heroin addicts. CBB Fan for life, right then.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Even if you don't like the Solo Bolos, this is cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inhckLWmZbg

SMP
May 5, 2009

I go back and listen to iBrain every other month and still laugh my rear end off.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Gelman is great and I just watched his dinner in America last night (then rewatched the other 2 dinner specials). They are good.

I should watch eagleheart again.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Gelman is awesome in Another Period, as well.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Gelman is going to be in the next season of Stranger Things!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

For me, that was Brett's "original" Eagleheart pilot. I was in the process of moving out of my old apartment and needed something to listen to as I was packing up my kitchen, so I decided to give CBB a shot. "Oh, an episode with the cast of Eagleheart, I bet that'll be good" I thought. Thirty minutes later I've stopped any kind of meaningful work and am doubled-over laughing, head in arms on the counter, as they went through the increasingly dark story of Brett, Susie and Chief as degenerate heroin addicts. CBB Fan for life, right then.

Was there ever an explanation why Chief left after the first season?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

GoutPatrol posted:

Was there ever an explanation why Chief left after the first season?

If I had to guess, scheduling conflicts with Mad Men?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

He was written off Mad Men two years before Eagleheart started.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Speaking of Mad Men, I wish Jon Hamm would go on the podcast again. He was really quick and funny, and he went on Spont a few months ago, so it seems weird that he hasn't been back.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
No such thing as too much hamm

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

He was written off Mad Men two years before Eagleheart started.

Wait, was he. Haha man I thought eagleheary started a lot earlier than it did.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Adomian is back! Also, Maria Thayer :swoon:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I missed James Adomian so much.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Scott's suicide by cop joke was the most I've laughed at a comedy bang bang moment in a long time.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Scott was using some good instincts this episode. Engaging with the Chicago character well for the main bit, but then being very funny in abruptly dismissing the local references.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Today is a good day for a trip down memory lane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNmEejLTEgI

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I hope Jesse Ventura escapes the Plugs Bag some day.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
To celebrate James Adomian's return, one of my favorite Huell Howser bits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er3HEY3xYqs

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Coughing Hobo posted:

To celebrate James Adomian's return, one of my favorite Huell Howser bits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er3HEY3xYqs

That and the black Friday one made me laugh almost as hard as iBrain the first time I heard them. It kind of makes me sad to realize I don't laugh nearly that hard at anything else anymore, even for episodes that I think are really good.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So here are my favorite episodes of the year. I can't decide on a top 10.

390: Merman, Mulaney, Kroll. Probably the best appearances of the Tunamen
394: The first appearance of Don Darling, and the glee coming from Lauren Lapkus when he starts talking about Sugar daddies.
399. Gilbert Gottfried and Trump/Bernie
400. Zouks and Hot Dog
406: JJ and Murphy O'Malaman
412: JW Stillwater
425: Claudia is the best
432: Dana Carvey and Lil Buttonpuss
436: Rich Mind Vain
439: Bro's back!
441. It's your cousin Marvin. Marvin Phelps.
446: HI I'M PREGNANT
452: Claudia is still great

Jessica McKenna is probably the breakout star of the podcast this year

Worst episode of the year: Aya Cash and Kether Donahue. You're the Worst is possibly the best show on tv, but these ladies aren't funny at all and I could barely make it through.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 22, 2016

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I'm just voting for hi I'm pregnant 10 times

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's definitely one where you have to pause so you can regain composure. PFT dying in the background seals it.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Missionary Positron posted:

Today is a good day for a trip down memory lane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNmEejLTEgI

I posted earlier that ibrain was the hardest I've ever laughed. This bit was the strongest reaction I've ever had to a bit - literally gagged

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Heres the funniest moment on all of comedy bamng bang history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Vauo-PmOk

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Habsburg cholera

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Hot tub foot.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Hot tub foot.

Hot tub foot?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Hot tub foot.

God listening to old episodes really makes me miss Huell Howser.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
Though I loved the original Bob Ducca appearances, I thought it was one of the times rehashing and changing a character on the TV show went really well. Mostly cause Seth Morris translated it to screen so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWv5LCYs9ak

"You know, I've been very depressed for the last couple of the most of my life."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Am I imagining that he would wear the neck brace on the podcast too?

He also turned up on Kroll Show in a Shark Tank-esque segment.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Am I imagining that he would wear the neck brace on the podcast too?

He also turned up on Kroll Show in a Shark Tank-esque segment.

Yes, he would go all out with the "costume" for an audio-only show. Commitment to a bit.

Also, the Shark Tank bit was just the beginning, and in true Kroll Show fashion spun out into a pretty substantial recurring role in the last season.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
P U F F

K N U C K L E

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Low-Fiber fibromyalgia

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JethroMcB posted:

Yes, he would go all out with the "costume" for an audio-only show. Commitment to a bit.

Also, the Shark Tank bit was just the beginning, and in true Kroll Show fashion spun out into a pretty substantial recurring role in the last season.

I miss Kroll Show so much, the interweaving and character/in-show development was amazing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I just went into a Bob Ducca youtube k-hole because of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The Bob Ducca episode where he screams the N-word into the microphone is absolutely epic. Seth Morris da genius