Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm gonna name my alolan cubone KenBone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When it evolves and catches fire, rename it to KenBone's Reddit

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

On the subject of Cubone - do you have access to Thief by the time you can catch them?
Or am I just gonna have to catch a ton and hope one of them has the thick club?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Disargeria posted:

Shiny, level 100, and competitive stats/nature. No HA though, but I'm guessing those might not be available and might flag their legitimacy checks.

Shane, if you could breed the HA from it it would be indisquisable from being legit I'd think.

My rowlett friend is gonna be Altair or Sirocco

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Why is Ash somehow even younger looking in this new season? Haven't something like 10-15 years passed in the show since it released?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The Shortest Path posted:

Why is Ash somehow even younger looking in this new season? Haven't something like 10-15 years passed in the show since it released?

He's a cartoon and cartoons do not age, usually.

It's really, really satisfying to beat up Ilima in the rematch after talking poo poo about him to his dad. :allears:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Japanese people age backwards.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Okay driving to gamestop now to get my game so I can make best friends with a bowtie owl

Getting sun because the difference in version exclusives is huge. The moon postgame legends (?) are really ugly.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 18, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

mother of god

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Welp that basically sold me on the Switch

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Shortest Path posted:

[crumpled up research, red string corkboard, head in hands]

bart... 10 ??

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

They couldn't have said this earlier? :argh:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I don't think I'd re-buy Sun/Moon for the Switch, but if they put out Pokemon Stars or whatever at the same time, I'd get that.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Blaziken386 posted:

On the subject of Cubone - do you have access to Thief by the time you can catch them?
Or am I just gonna have to catch a ton and hope one of them has the thick club?

Thief TM is in the same room as the first totem fight against the Gumshoos, but requires Tauros Ride to break rocks up a ramp.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So there's absolutely no hms right? It's all done by summoning Pokemon that replace fly surf cut etc right? So what happened to the actual hm moves?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Calaveron posted:

So there's absolutely no hms right? It's all done by summoning Pokemon that replace fly surf cut etc right? So what happened to the actual hm moves?

At least some of them have been moved to TMs.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

This is good.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The hacking community has already found another placeholder for a Lycanroc form in the PGL data.

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/799420279697117184

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo box management is so much better now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God I want office worker Jeremy to be the final boss

It's no use being at a graveyard like this... I always get so mournful...

Then he starts the battle with this loving huge poo poo eating grin on his face

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Fly is in the 3rd island library with a sightseer and Surf/Dive are on the last island with a pair of female swimmers.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
How many Pokemon are catchable in Sun/Moon?

Is this one of the games where there's going to be like 300 pokemon that you can only get by trading or transferring from another gen via the bank?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Scoss posted:

Is this one of the games where there's going to be like 300 pokemon that you can only get by trading or transferring from another gen via the bank?

It's like 340 iirc

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I forget what the Pokedex number for the last Ultra Beast was, but it's around 300 with 70 being completely new. That also counts for the shiny charm.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

the hat is gone

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Scoss posted:

With the QR Code scanning, you can make something that may not normally appear in the game show up once a day. The couple of times I've done it has always been something from an old gen that's not in Alola. Wild Pokemon show up on the bean island once a day too, but I think that's all Alola stuff. Though not necessarily stuff you've caught before.

But the highest number I have in the Alola Pokedex is 299, so there's probably 400-something you'd have to bank/trade/QR scan for.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I will always wear a hat. :colbert:

... once I find one that isn't a goddamn Trilby. I want my Pangoro hat from X/Y postgame back

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

TVs Ian posted:

With the QR Code scanning, you can make something that may not normally appear in the game show up once a day. The couple of times I've done it has always been something from an old gen that's not in Alola. Wild Pokemon show up on the bean island once a day too, but I think that's all Alola stuff. Though not necessarily stuff you've caught before.

But the highest number I have in the Alola Pokedex is 299, so there's probably 400-something you'd have to bank/trade/QR scan for.

How does the QR island scan work? Just go to the route it says and walk through grass?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I will always wear a hat so I can roleplay my confused journalist from the 30s character.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blaziken386 posted:

Question for people that have the game: Is Lillie as adorable in the game as she is in the anime? Because she's the best. :3:

how do you live with yourself

Lillie is kind of warming up to the MC right now but I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if she revealed she was a alien and this was her first time with silly human emotions.

She's reeeally stiff and robotic for a long while.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Disargeria posted:

How does the QR island scan work? Just go to the route it says and walk through grass?

Yup. The Pokemon will be whatever level usually shows up there, and I think it shows up on the island you're on when you run the scan, so make sure it's not an island with blocked off areas.

When I've had one show up, it's always been the third fight or sooner, and they hang around for an hour before they go away. There's only one, if you catch it or knock it out, it's gone. I haven't tried running away to see if that does it too.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So is Drifloon just a really rare spawn at Han'ouli Cemetary or is it a unique/event one like D/P/P? I've been running around in here for like an hour and have only run into Gastly, Misdreavus and rarely Zubat.

I dunno why but these dumb npc sidequests are getting me to grind this stuff out.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Haven't played a Pokemon game since the first DS one, haven't finished a Pokemon game since Red. Why are people trying to get female starters? Any other tips for someone who's only casually played before but doesn't want to get owned online.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

Haven't played a Pokemon game since the first DS one, haven't finished a Pokemon game since Red. Why are people trying to get female starters? Any other tips for someone who's only casually played before but doesn't want to get owned online.

when you breed new pokemon the species is whatever the mother is so getting a female starter means you can breed new starters before getting a ditto

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Lilly in the game is different. This is her story, you're just along for the ride while doing your island trial.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I got a female Rowlett on my first try!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

also man i haven't even done the first gym equivalent and i'm already having problems deciding what pokemon i want on my team

there's too many good mons

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I got a female Popplio right away. I hardly ever do breeding stuff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dehry posted:

Lilly in the game is different. This is her story, you're just along for the ride while doing your island trial.

It's particularly funny with how emotive her and the other npcs seem to be, while you just sit there walleyed with a stupid smile