Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The KF 2 release trailer is pretty baller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WpMZdzkn2M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So if Killing Floor 2 officially out of Early Access now? Or is that just for the PS4 release?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Revolver Bunker posted:

So if Killing Floor 2 officially out of Early Access now? Or is that just for the PS4 release?

yep it's fully released worldwide for both systems

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
That makes me even more upset about the Survivalist perk. Its basically the meet deadline perk. I wonder if player count for the PC will increase. I miss the 6+ player servers from KF1 where it was an army of 20 people against hordes of zeds and it would actually be a challenge as half the team would run out of ammo midway through.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Welcome home KF2, you're a beautiful monster, but I will forever miss the original Firebug.

Though I liked the original trailer more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6C2czPIV3A

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Collapsing is a great song, it really carries that video imo. I always smile when I hear the first few bars start up a new wave.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Gotta say, I'm genuinely amused at the music in this game. It really strikes the mood perfectly.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the music is poo poo. what are you saying here, Macys? :v:

Revolver Bunker posted:

That makes me even more upset about the Survivalist perk. Its basically the meet deadline perk. I wonder if player count for the PC will increase. I miss the 6+ player servers from KF1 where it was an army of 20 people against hordes of zeds and it would actually be a challenge as half the team would run out of ammo midway through.

There are servers with higher playercounts already - everything scales up and it's apparently kind of insane.

I agree about Survivalist being the ultimate :effort: perk, but the game launched 11 months past their original estimated EA timeline so like, what can you do?

I'd be more okay with it if the other 9 classes were all fun to play but some of them are pretty bad too (fix firebug) and some are just unrewarding (make Commando better) and so I guess I'd rather see them expend more effort on tuning up existing classes and giving us an 11th later, if ever.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 18, 2016

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I actually prefer this fan trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tgcBylHVAg

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Why the heck is there an almost 10 gig update on day 1?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

drrockso20 posted:

Why the heck is there an almost 10 gig update on day 1?

A revolutionary Automated nerfing system will streamline their workload for post launch support (It's 5.5 gigs on my PC end).

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Did they remove resistances yet?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Concordat posted:

Did they remove resistances yet?

Nope, but from what I can recollect they changed them up months ago so that they're a lot less annoying than they were when they were first added

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

drrockso20 posted:

Nope, but from what I can recollect they changed them up months ago so that they're a lot less annoying than they were when they were first added

Right, they tend to top out at 20%. Early on you were seeing 50%+ regularly. It is still a bad idea in either implementation, and it only still exists because someone at TW is too prideful to get rid of them completely. The original implementation nearly killed the game on Steam.

When people talk about TW being "bad at updates," it is because throughout the Greenlight process they would radically change the balance with a multitude of interacting changes, instead of gradually rolling anything out. The resistance debacle was incredible, because they put into "beta" for like 48 hours on the preview build, then suddenly went "It's live!!!" without collecting any feedback and left for E3, falling asleep at the switch while the player base became outraged.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 19, 2016

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

dont even fink about it posted:

Right, they tend to top out at 20%. Early on you were seeing 50%+ regularly. .

Microwave is still commonly reduced by 75-80% which one of the reasons why firebug is poo poo.

For others: instead of making some discoverable or intuitive reason why to use the flamethrower vs the microwave, they threw in an insane system where fire is poo poo versus 70% of enemies and microwave is poo poo versus a different 70% of enemies and then on top of that there is an overlap where both weapons are poo poo. Our main beef with resistances is that you needed a frigging spreadsheet to play an arcade FPS which is insanity. The frustrating thing is that despite the system being massively rolled back, you still kind of do need something like this to play effectively: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/htmlview

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm waiting for the first mutator to pop up which simply sets all resists to zero. That may make the game :airquote: too easy :airquote: but I'll be real interested to see how it feels. That was something pre-resist had dialed in pretty well, it felt really satisfying to play. I'd be real curious to see how it plays now that we have all the classes and new zeds and so on but with no resists.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Psion posted:

I'm waiting for the first mutator to pop up which simply sets all resists to zero. That may make the game :airquote: too easy :airquote: but I'll be real interested to see how it feels. That was something pre-resist had dialed in pretty well, it felt really satisfying to play. I'd be real curious to see how it plays now that we have all the classes and new zeds and so on but with no resists.

Watch resists be hard-coded in.

Balance was not perfect before resists (and has never been perfect), the main thing being that some classes have always been much better than others, at times ludicrously so.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

dont even fink about it posted:

Watch resists be hard-coded in.

Balance was not perfect before resists (and has never been perfect), the main thing being that some classes have always been much better than others, at times ludicrously so.

as far as I know, It's not hard coded - resists are part of their live update system, I think? I could be wrong.

I agree about balance, it wasn't perfect at all before or after - I'm talking about my personal satisfaction in playing. I don't think locking resists to zero would be a universally popular choice, which is fine. I do think needlessly complicating the system makes it much harder to identify and then properly fix those class imbalances, though.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I've gotten used to resistances and I'd say they've gotten it down to the point where you can get a feel for which weapons work against zeds and which ones don't, especially when you're mixing weapon types via Survivalist.

For instance, I've been running the M14 with the double barrel and I've been swapping to the double barrel whenever there's Gorefasts or Scrakes because I can recognize that the M14 pales in comparison when it comes to dealing with them.

Resistances are fine now, the only issue is that they've brutalized fire and electric type damage (IE the only types of damage Firebug has access to) to the point of being useless. Oh, and also toxic Medic is useless because almost everything resists toxic on top of the perk that makes Medic shots poison targets straight-up and literally cannot poison large zeds depending on difficulty.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Theta Zero posted:

Resistances are fine now, the only issue is that they've brutalized fire and electric type damage (IE the only types of damage Firebug has access to) to the point of being useless. Oh, and also toxic Medic is useless because almost everything resists toxic on top of the perk that makes Medic shots poison targets straight-up and literally cannot poison large zeds depending on difficulty.

"resists are fine now, except for ruining three types of damage and one and a half classes (depending on perks)"

man I know you're more positive about this game than I am, but really, those two do not go together. sure, it's a step up from ruining nine classes, but let's not give credit where it's not due.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Psion posted:

"resists are fine now, except for ruining three types of damage and one and a half classes (depending on perks)"

man I know you're more positive about this game than I am, but really, those two do not go together. sure, it's a step up from ruining nine classes, but let's not give credit where it's not due.

Actually, correction. I double checked, fire and electricity resistances in fine since they're sort of polarizing--they're either really good or really bad against certain enemies with no in-between, and they both cover each other's weaknesses.

Fire and electricity just feel so useless because they nerfed the damage of fire and electric weapons into oblivion.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The only resist that PISSES ME OFF is the metal one cause it cuts almost all damage and sirens are covered in a metal cage basically and Hans also has a bunch on him.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

The only resist that PISSES ME OFF is the metal one cause it cuts almost all damage and sirens are covered in a metal cage basically and Hans also has a bunch on him.

That's locational damage. We're talking about weapon damage resistances. Every enemy either resists or is weak to damage based on what weapon you're hitting them with. For example, shotguns do heavily reduced damage against Bloats (which is why it often takes two point-blank headshots with the double barrel to decapitate them) while Gorefasts take increased damage against shotguns (which is why you're often able to just snipe them with a shotgun). There's a spreadsheet listing all of them but I simplified them here. I also include the varying locational damage areas for each enemy at the bottom, as well.

Oddly enough, although Hans has a metal brace as well and it makes the noise of your bullets deflecting, he takes normal damage from being shot in his metal brace, as if you shot a fleshy area.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

God drat, is the Demolitionist ever satisfying. Just... vaporizing dudes.

I mean, I get the M79 and the RPG-7? Sign me the gently caress up!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hey there. How's the game nowadays? I got it when it launched on early access and wasn't so hot compared to KF1 and kind of forgot about it. I played hundreds and hundreds of hours of KF1 and was wondering if someone could just resume what are the big gameplay changes since launch? I read about resistances, then they nerfed them and some people complained that during early access they made this a pay2win game but I didn't see purchases on steam's storefront and I'm confused (still downloading this).

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Little tip for new people, patriarch's rocket hitbox extends beyond his cannon when he's about to shoot it, that is to say his cannon is at least twice as big as it looks when he fires so don't think you're safe if you're at his sides when he shoots and you're close range to him.

I forgot and got annihilated on a hard just now from full health/armor=dead.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Guillermus posted:

Hey there. How's the game nowadays? I got it when it launched on early access and wasn't so hot compared to KF1 and kind of forgot about it. I played hundreds and hundreds of hours of KF1 and was wondering if someone could just resume what are the big gameplay changes since launch? I read about resistances, then they nerfed them and some people complained that during early access they made this a pay2win game but I didn't see purchases on steam's storefront and I'm confused (still downloading this).

Big gameplay changes since launch:
-Every perk's tree has been basically changed. Medic now chooses between giving buffs or giving itself damage bonuses, Gunslinger chooses between running and gunning or precision aiming, and so on.
-Six perks since launch, three of which are new to the series: Sharpshooter, Gunslinger, Survivalist, Firebug, SWAT, Demolitions, and all the weapons that come with them (except Survivalist).
-Guts physics, if your computer can handle it.
-A few new characters.
-Added the Patriarch.
-Hans has been reworked so he's less of a chore now, mostly.
-Special Zeds like Crawlers that explode into gas or Clots that rally other zeds.
-Stun and incap system: instead of attacks that just instantly stun zeds, stun builds up over time with some attacks adding more stun than others.
-Better locational damage, with Husks, Hans, and Fleshpounds having alternative weakspots in addition to their heads. Also Husks explode if you shoot their backpack.
-Self-adjusting difficulty depending on performance and team composition. If your team dies a lot, it'll ease up a bit. Conversely if you have a Sharpshooter, it'll spawn literal dozens of Scrakes because of how trivial Sharpshooter makes them.
-Waves will also have pools of enemies that are still selected at random but have predetermined compositions, IE literally six Bloats/Husks/Sirens or 10 Gorefasts/Crawlers/Stalkers.
-A PvP mode.
-Universally faster weapon swap speed. You also swap to and from the med-syringe faster on top of this. Med-syrine also regens faster than before.
-Jumping on zeds increases their incap level. You can instantly knock out Clots and Crawlers by jumping on them.
-They increased the knockback on ragdolls in general, but especially for the double barrel which literally launches zeds about three stories high.
-New maps, of course. Three are community maps.

There's more but that's what first comes to mind. Also anybody who says this game is pay to win is an idiot because the closest it comes to that is one whole promotional weapon (a sword for Berserker) which unlocks so everyone can buy it if literally anybody in the server owns it.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Nov 19, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Little tip for new people, patriarch's rocket hitbox extends beyond his cannon when he's about to shoot it, that is to say his cannon is at least twice as big as it looks when he fires so don't think you're safe if you're at his sides when he shoots and you're close range to him.

I forgot and got annihilated on a hard just now from full health/armor=dead.

Yeah, same here on Paris. Took five out of six before we got the bastard, too.

Theta Zero posted:

Also anybody who says this game is pay to win is an idiot because the closest it comes to that is one whole promotional weapon (a sword for Berserker) which unlocks so everyone can buy it if literally anybody in the server owns it.

It's not pay to win, but pay to skin, on PS4 at least...

Keys are $3.49 Canadian.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Theta Zero posted:

Big gameplay changes since launch:

Cheers thanks! Looks decent enough. Now to see if I will grind perks like in KF1 or just gently caress it and edit all the levels because Tripwire loves to make leveling a tedious grind.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
How many different bosses are there? I only keep getting Patriarch and the Doctor

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin
That's it. KF1 had just the Patriarch. There was a rumour that a third boss "The Matriarch" could appear in the future, but who knows?
For me the boss fights are not the most fun Killing Floor has to offer anyway.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fun was on early days of KF1 running around like chickens and a support welding a door with teammates behind it trying to run from a fleshpound.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Guillermus posted:

Fun was on early days of KF1 running around like chickens and a support welding a door with teammates behind it trying to run from a fleshpound.

It's you, you were the type of person I wished death upon IRL for that poo poo.

But the tears were so awesome...

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

It's not pay to win, but pay to skin, on PS4 at least...

Keys are $3.49 Canadian.

Is there any system in place to sell the garbage the game drops for you on PS4? I mean they're worth a couple pennies at most on PC if they ever sell at all, but are you just stuck with what you get on console?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Skoll posted:

It's you, you were the type of person I wished death upon IRL for that poo poo.

But the tears were so awesome...

I have no shame to admit that I hit the cap on welding before even level 3. All i had to do for lvl6 was to kill poo poo with shotguns afterwards. I am the guy that only spoke "I am welding this bloody doah".

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ClonedPickle posted:

Is there any system in place to sell the garbage the game drops for you on PS4? I mean they're worth a couple pennies at most on PC if they ever sell at all, but are you just stuck with what you get on console?

There's a recycle/craft system for creating skins and I have no idea how it works because I don't have enough items yet to bother.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Reminder that KF Goons is a thing, feel free to request membership and join up, easier way to manage people, I've added Boston Zombie already.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

There's a recycle/craft system for creating skins and I have no idea how it works because I don't have enough items yet to bother.

Oh, right, I forgot about that. You can't recycle crates though, right? So you're just stuck with those? (because lol paying to open crates)

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Quick question: why was the launch update 5.5 gigabytes? I can't find any new assets except for weapon skins and hats.

e- Interestingly, the game's overall size seems to have decreased since I last checked it, so kudos to TWI's optimization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Full release in November, so does that mean??

Could it be???

Christmas event?!?!