Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zotix posted:

3ds is like $200 still huh? I think I threw my old one away. Any chance that it drops a bit next Friday?
If you can find one on Black Friday, there's a special deal for the New 3DS that's $99. So, yes.
e:

deadly_pudding posted:

It's great because by the time you're both old enough to move out of your mom's house, your Munchlax has functionally evolved into a couch.
:yeah:

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Zotix posted:

3ds is like $200 still huh? I think I threw my old one away. Any chance that it drops a bit next Friday?

I believe the current deal for BF is New 3DS for $99 baseline but I dunno what the individual retailers will box with it to jack up the price

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

My Brionne just unburned herself to avoid disappointing me

Am I a bad parent who pushes unrealistic expectations onto their daughter

I wish there were a way to punish them. They keep critical hitting to impress me... but I'm trying to weaken that thing to catch it, ya goof!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zotix posted:

There's a deal for 100 dollar new 3ds's this black Friday. I don't have the link but that's easily to google.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Khanstant posted:

I wish there were a way to punish them. They keep critical hitting to impress me... but I'm trying to weaken that thing to catch it, ya goof!

This is backwards, like the time my cousin got in trouble in like first grade because he was already doing like 5th grade level math. That was like friggin 10 years ago and now he's pretty much Captain America.

Are you really gonna yell at your tryhard Pokemon for being better at this game than you?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love that when you go to pet or groom your Grimer, it makes the hand move slow and get covered in slime !

deadly_pudding posted:

This is backwards, like the time my cousin got in trouble in like first grade because he was already doing like 5th grade level math. That was like friggin 10 years ago and now he's pretty much Captain America.

Are you really gonna yell at your tryhard Pokemon for being better at this game than you?

Was he using his math skills to knock out other 1st graders trying to learn..?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Blaziken386 posted:

Question about the QR code things - is it possible to use them to get the other version's exclusive pokemon, or no? Because if so, I might need to bug some goons for a Drampa code when my game finally friggin' shows up.

Even if it is (and I don't think it's possible), it's random. The Pokemon that shows up has nothing to do with what's scanned. It would add it to your Pokedex as seen, but you'd have to trade to get one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

When can I change my clothes?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Khanstant posted:

Was he using his math skills to knock out other 1st graders trying to learn..?

Yeah the teacher was worried he would infect the other kids with his dangerous Future Knowledge and gently caress up her curriculum.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Do you need the xl to enjoy a 3ds?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Zotix posted:

Nope! I prefer it because I find it easier to keep track of things across the larger screen, but the regular 3DS is not all that much smaller, and many people prefer it because, it being the same number of pixels either way, the graphics look a little sharper.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
If I ever do an owl run, are there enough characters for me to name it Sasuke Hootchiha?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Zotix posted:

So far there haven't been many 3D scenes in SuMo, but I really, really enjoy my New 3DS all the same. A very pro buy imo

e: mine is not an XL btw

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Zotix posted:

I have an XL and it fits my needs. I've never tried one of the small DSes/DSoid machines. Consequently, when I do see one it strikes me as absurdly small, but I probably wouldn't think that if I were used to it...

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Serebii has the QR thing up, it's just a few specific pokemon apparently. http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/qrscanner.shtml

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is there any easy way to check happiness on the first island? I'd love to get me my Snorlax nice and fast, could use a good tanky dude

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wait is Solgaleo really Psychic Steel, I thought he was Fire Steel

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My favorite thing about high pokemon refresh affect is that when Brionne hits super effectively my trainer congratulates her and then she looks back at her and smiles and oh my god it's the cutest thing

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I just spend 20 turns with a Pichu in the red in health and it never called for help. Do I have to talk to an NPC somewhere that says "Hey sometimes Pokemon can call for help!" or have a tutorial where it happens?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I just spend 20 turns with a Pichu in the red in health and it never called for help. Do I have to talk to an NPC somewhere that says "Hey sometimes Pokemon can call for help!" or have a tutorial where it happens?

You need to have beaten the first Totem Pokemon for SOS battles to be unlocked.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yes, it happens right after the first trial

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Let's get figy with it!

this is a good game

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If I want an Ash Greninja with the right nature do I have to reset the demo or anything?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lol you and mom and Meowth Dad live in the Haole part of town.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Avalerion posted:

Serebii has the QR thing up, it's just a few specific pokemon apparently. http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/qrscanner.shtml

Hydreigon lives! :getin:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

If I want an Ash Greninja with the right nature do I have to reset the demo or anything?

Nature and IVs are rerolled once you receive it in the game.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lass Audrey, your sister is a Caterpie. Please have more discerning taste in siblings.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

I've heard that the demo greninja has a set nature, but when it's imported the nature is rolled randomly. I believe you just have to reset the act of receiving the greninja in SM

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This was ruined for me the day it first leaked and someone pointed out that the lyrics are "uh, skull, drat, dubba dubba dubba dubbaFUCK" and now I'm ruining it for you all.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

cheetah7071 posted:

My favorite thing about high pokemon refresh affect is that when Brionne hits super effectively my trainer congratulates her and then she looks back at her and smiles and oh my god it's the cutest thing

And here I thought Refresh was a dumb waste of time. Good to know I'm completely wrong.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
This SOS thing is pretty bullshit. Now you can't throw a ball and their buddy will just wear you the gently caress down.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Disargeria posted:

This SOS thing is pretty bullshit. Now you can't throw a ball and their buddy will just wear you the gently caress down.

Put a status effect on them. That'll turn the SOS battle back into a normal one.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Disargeria posted:

You can prevent them from calling in reinforcements by applying any status effect. Thunder Wave is cool and good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I swear to god if next gen we go back to gyms I'm gonna be so sad. Trials are so much more 'pokemon' and cool.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Wait is Solgaleo really Psychic Steel, I thought he was Fire Steel

All legendaries are psychic. In spirit, at the very least.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
How do I even get Crabrawler? Serebii says it's under the berry trees, but what do I have to do to actually find it there?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Supremezero posted:

How do I even get Crabrawler? Serebii says it's under the berry trees, but what do I have to do to actually find it there?

I encountered one by picking up berries from a pile. There was a message saying a pokemon was eating them and then I had an encounter with Crabrawler.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
God dammit GF there is absolutely no good reason as to why the starters gender isn't 50/50, 87.5% male is just absurd

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

currently stuck in a battle with the first beauty on the way to the first trial. has a ghastly. it doesnt have any attack moves... all my munchlax attacks are normal and can't affect it. I cant run, and it used this move to make it so I can't escape. Might have to reset since there's no way to end this battle.

Edit: and none of my metronome moves worked so yeah, totally boned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

queeb posted:

currently stuck in a battle with the first beauty on the way to the first trial. has a ghastly. it doesnt have any attack moves... all my munchlax attacks are normal and can't affect it. I cant run, and it used this move to make it so I can't escape. Might have to reset since there's no way to end this battle.

Edit: and none of my metronome moves worked so yeah, totally boned.

If you haven't saved recently and don't want to reset, struggle will eventually end the battle one way or the other.