Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
You get the EXP Share so early!

I should turn it off because it made X and Y so easy but its just so convenient :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"What was different in the second dance?"
"The hiker."
"B-but how?!"

I love this. :allears:

these traditional dances are so rich and cultural

I love how the first one lures you into a false sense of seriousness and then they just get silly.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

WHERE IS THE MUK HAT

Also I like that you can apparently change Oricorio around by giving it nectar, that's better than my old plan of 'catch all of them'.

Just a shirt. The first shop's hats are exclusively trilbys.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

oh no I'm running out of pokebeans

The cafe dude gave me a handful of em when I first ordered a drink but he's not handing me any more. Is there a store I could go to?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The cafe dude gave me a handful of em when I first ordered a drink but he's not handing me any more. Is there a store I could go to?

A bit later in the game, after the third trial, you get access to poke pelago, which gives you lots and lots of beans.

Until then, they're rather lean.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Are Kukui and the PC actually cousins? Or does Kukui call everyone that?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What do the beans do?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blaziken386 posted:

What do the beans do?

They just raise affection as far as I can tell in Refresh. Just like the pokepuffs or whatever they were called in X/Y

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ChaosArgate posted:

Just a shirt. The first shop's hats are exclusively trilbys.

Theres a Muk hat, shirt and capris right when you get to island 2.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They just raise affection as far as I can tell in Refresh. Just like the pokepuffs or whatever they were called in X/Y

I *think* also that having higher fullness allows you to gain more affection from petting a pokemon before it starts getting "enjoyment" but I'm not totally sure about that.

Also they're used as currency in Poke Pelago.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

What do the beans do?

Well, they're good for the heart

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zore posted:

Theres a Muk hat, shirt and capris right when you get to island 2.

glad I just finished Island one then, because I've had Alolan Grimer in my party since the start and I gotta show my Literal Garbage Pride.

Also hey anyone know the rarity of finding a Crabrawler when you go through berries? I've been rooting through every pile I pass but no luck. Is it rare enough where I should just wait until it shows up as a more normal pokemon or am I just unlucky?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Holy gently caress, i'm tired of having to talk to my mother, blondie, and whoever every loving other bum on the beginning island at the start.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Team Girl reporting in, lording my massive fashion options over the peons.

Checked out from playing til evening so I could scoop up A-Rattata before my boy Virgil the Rowlett starts steamrolling everything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Does it have to be night time for Alola Meowth to evolve? It just switched over to daylight and if that's the case Garmfielf will have to wait.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hapu is my favorite character

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

What do the beans do?

The more you eat, the more you toot.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I'm on the fence about getting SuMo. Based on what my friends have been telling me,the story blows,your companions suck and it has the worst villain team since Team Filler Flare,apparently. Should I get this,wait for (hopefully) a third version,or just skip it?

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Deified Data posted:

Team Girl reporting in, lording my massive fashion options over the peons.

Checked out from playing til evening so I could scoop up A-Rattata before my boy Virgil the Rowlett starts steamrolling everything.

Is it still lopsided that the girl protagonist has way better options? I haven't started yet because the boy options in X and Y kinda sucked and was wondering if there was any sort of guide as to what's available yet.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Kithkar posted:

Is it still lopsided that the girl protagonist has way better options? I haven't started yet because the boy options in X and Y kinda sucked and was wondering if there was any sort of guide as to what's available yet.
Girls are always way more fashionable, sorry, them's the rules

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

VolticSurge posted:

I'm on the fence about getting SuMo. Based on what my friends have been telling me,the story blows,your companions suck and it has the worst villain team since Team Filler Flare,apparently. Should I get this,wait for (hopefully) a third version,or just skip it?

There is a 3rd version coming out for the Switch, so you should probably skip these games. I don't know how much of an improvement that will be though.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Kithkar posted:

Massively. If you care about customization options girl is the only way to go.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
no dresses though, rip

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

VolticSurge posted:

Your friend has bad opinions. If you can't like Team Skull, you have no sense of humor. And Lillie at least is nowhere was forced as he XY kids.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

VolticSurge posted:

Uhhh

How's this strike you

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

VolticSurge posted:

Team Skull is extremly good so your friends are lying to you.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Team Skull is extremly good so your friends are lying to you.

But are their other points accurate?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Yes.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

All I need to know.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

VolticSurge posted:

I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, but I've never been one to be critical of a Pokemon game

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

If you're playing a Pokemon game for the story, you're going to be thoroughly disappointed since they're never good.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Just remember it's Pokemon, the story is always going to be bad, the companions are always annoying and the team is always bad. You go in it for the fun battling and the cute creatures, so never kid yourself.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Waiting for the 3rd version is going to require a Switch if the rumor is to be believed.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I think B/W was probably the high point of the franchise for story. That's the exception rather than the rule, though. Generally Pokemon games don't have much in the way of story and make up for it in atmosphere and I think SuMo does a great job of that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

Generally Pokemon games don't have much in the way of story and make up for it in atmosphere and I think SuMo does a great job of that.

:yeah:

The atmosphere, environments and whatnot is so good in SuMo. I also don't mind any of the characters in this game (yet?) and think they're all pretty nice :shobon:

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jarogue posted:

Oh yeah my dual pack came with 200 pokeballs here is a code for half of them since I'm not going to be playing Sun any time soon..

Mystery Gift
A6ZAARCLXR8M6J6G

Redeemed this. Thanks!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

VolticSurge posted:

No

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

your friend has bad opinions in story, companions, and villains

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is there a list out there with all the customization options? I want to get most touristy vibe out of my guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Carlosologist posted:

is there a list out there with all the customization options? I want to get most touristy vibe out of my guy

Go for the white guy with cornrows look