Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

post the depressing stories, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SirSamVimes posted:

post the depressing stories, imo

TheRedPill disturbs the hell out of me. Very depressing to see this kind of behavior out in the world. I wouldn't post it normally, because most of these sickos are abusive and their philosophy is toxic, but since you asked:

So here is a funny poo poo test.

quote:

Get this. Happened last night. LTR 2 years.

her: "I hate your beard when we kiss, you should shave it". (First time growing out my beard, super pumped about it. Been about 3 months now).

Me: Ha..ha.. lmao.

her: well I guess I'll stop shaving my vagina then. . . .(she doesn't f* (at work at the moment) without being bald)

Me: You're funny. We both know you don't put out when you are not shaved.

her: "Well I guess we wont be doing anything then for awhile"

Me: It takes two to tango honey.

And that was that. My question is wtf does this mean. Hell no, I'm not going to shave my beard and if I do decide to, it will not be because she told me to do so.

Although I doubt she'll commit to this - I am extremely curious how some of the more experiences RPers would handle this. I sense of few chuckles coming.

How to keep from slipping back to BP when you like a girl

quote:

So I'm new to TRP on Reddit however had already started the journey previously after having a crappy experience with a girl I liked.

So far my favorite RP moment is having met this girl briefly. Got her number, added some mystery/fun to our texts by saying she's a secret agent since she was off to travel somewhere (for whatever). Without even meeting her I told her I had an intense animal attraction to her (she had already dropped hints just with her eyes), she poo poo tested me, I agree and amplified and on our first meeting we hosed, and this continued along with her making me breakfast, lunch, massaging me, etc. A few weeks later I saw her again and I was with a plate. Contrary to my programming I invited her to come join us for a cook off on the beach. After that moment she THANKED me and told me it re-arranged her thinking. She's still into me. Holy poo poo this works...

Fast forward, I meet this girl I start to like, we haven't even met up and we are talking way too much (not just logistics), even to the point of good morning texts, gently caress I really enjoy talking to this girl...(I don't do this with anyone else). She tells me how she likes surprises and I bought her a little gift, gently caress I even paid for dinner when we met up. I had a total relapse and of course it didn't go anywhere. She did make dinner, no sex, no making out, gave her a massage and interest waned pretty quick. We've messaged back and forth a bit since then. I'm tapering that off. I may be able to turn this around if logistically we can meet up again, otherwise np abundance mentality. I see this as a wake up call, this got me to the TRP.

So how do you keep from slipping back into BP autopilot? I'm dialing it back and working on myself.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 19, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Oh boy a good old Mexican sex witholding standoff.

People are so loving dumb.. that is all.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

tater_salad posted:

Oh boy a good old Mexican sex witholding standoff.

People are so loving dumb.. that is all.

On the bright side, we won't have to worry about a Red Piller reproducing!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Cant type the gently caress word, at job atm.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Discussing that my girlfriend doesn't engage in sexual intercourse with me unless her mons pubis is shorn and as smooth as a newborn babe's ruddy cheek while at work is fine, but typing the work "gently caress" is beyond the pale.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"I'm doing nice things for a girl I really like, how do I stop :ohdear:"

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Trp is odd. It doesn't make any sense.

For the record I am willing to take a pm of the follow up to the stolen rabbit story, I don't normally go for the depressing ones but that had enough mystery that I want to know what happened next. Hook me up.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

cubicle gangster posted:

Trp is odd. It doesn't make any sense.

For the record I am willing to take a pm of the follow up to the stolen rabbit story, I don't normally go for the depressing ones but that had enough mystery that I want to know what happened next. Hook me up.

It doesn't seem any worse than the first part: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3xtqy1/update_25f_with_22f_i_think_my_sister_is_going_to/

I'm getting pretty strong "two sides to this story" vibes.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
There's such a horrendous catalogue of terrible things going on I'm starting to wonder if it's a troll. I hope so anyway.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Chichevache posted:

TheRedPill disturbs the hell out of me. Very depressing to see this kind of behavior out in the world. I wouldn't post it normally, because most of these sickos are abusive and their philosophy is toxic, but since you asked:

So here is a funny poo poo test.

How to keep from slipping back to BP when you like a girl

The first guy us playing it off saying it'll be interesting but his entire post screams that he is terrified of her not shaving and not getting any lmao.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Post depressing broken people as you will, but please don't post from the circle jerk forums of people encouraging each other to be lovely broken people.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.

quote:

My [32F] husband's [37M] friend [30'sF] sent him a Christmas card to his mother's house and didn't put my name anywhere on it.

I've been married to Ben for 4 years now and living with him for 6 years. We went to his mother's house and there was a Christmas card addressed to Ben from his friend Amanda and her family with no mention of my name on it anywhere. Amanda has always been cold to me for no reason, and now this?
I don't understand why she sent Ben a Christmas card to his MOTHER'S house, where he hasn't lived for over 6 years! Do I have a right to be offended by this? Should I send a Christmas card to Amanda's husband's mom's house without her name on it? Why even bother sending a Christmas card to my husband if you're not going to include me? And who sends Christmas cards this early anyway?

:byodame:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Christmas card drama is just the whitest suburbanest mommest thing

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

loquacius posted:

Christmas card drama is just the whitest suburbanest mommest thing

But THAT HOMEWRECKER WHORE sent a card in November.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ikanreed posted:

But THAT HOMEWRECKER WHORE sent a card in November.

gently caress you Stephanie!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Imagine being stressed enough about that that you wrote a whole reddit post about it, formatted for to their[30s/M/anal] specifications.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

She sent that card to his mother's house because she doesn't like you and/or knew that you'd be tripping about that one bitch sending your hubby a Christmas card and she didnt want to actually cause any drama while also sending a a nice card to her friend. She sent it in November so there would be plenty of time for your husband to see it before the holidays, comma, you dumb person. It could be that, or she's trying to steal your husband by sending a Christmas card to him by way of his mother. Now that I think about it, he's probably cheating on you, at least emotionally. Kill him.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pvt.Scott posted:

She sent that card to his mother's house because she doesn't like you and/or knew that you'd be tripping about that one bitch sending your hubby a Christmas card and she didnt want to actually cause any drama while also sending a a nice card to her friend. She sent it in November so there would be plenty of time for your husband to see it before the holidays, comma, you dumb person. It could be that, or she's trying to steal your husband by sending a Christmas card to him by way of his mother. Now that I think about it, he's probably cheating on you, at least emotionally. Kill him.

Do you dictate your posts??!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Coming to theaters valentines day 2017

quote:

I [25/F] think I have feelings for the guy [25/M] who bullied me in high school.

I didn't have feelings for him at the time. In fact, I kind of hated him at the time. He was rude, verbally abusive, and he ruined school for me. I was very studious and I had always achieved good grades, but towards the end I would cut class just to avoid him. It was pretty bad. I had no idea why he had singled me out. Of all the kids in school, he really, truly only picked on me. We were too old for the playground theory to apply, and he certainly made his way around the block if you know what I mean, so I knew for certain he wasn't just in denial of a crush on me or something. I doubt he'd have made it a game to see how many times he could make me cry in a week if he had the slightest crush on me. Plus, he always made a point to let me know how completely undesirable I was.

The one time I went to a school dance, he cornered me and told me I looked ridiculous in my outfit, and that I should learn to walk in heels if I plan on wearing them ever again.

In any case I graduated and moved on, and tried my hardest to bury all of that ... until I ran into him on the train to work last month. We hopped onto the same train car and stood maybe twelve inches away from each other for nearly five stops before I noticed it was him. He glanced up from his phone immediately after, gave me a double take and stared back at me for a solid thirty seconds before nodding hello. I was in too much shock to do anything, so I very awkwardly glanced away and pretended to go on my phone.

We've seen each other on the train nearly every morning since. It's the first train into the city, and unless I want to be late for my new job, I have to catch it.

The first few times we ignored each other, and then around fourth or fifth time, I accidentally dribbled a little bit of coffee down my blouse and he saw. He smirked, weaved his way over to me and gave me a tide-to-go pen from his pocket. The fact that he carries one of those lol. Regardless, the stain was fresh and came off quickly. I thanked him and there was a bit of awkward pause, but we eventually got to talking and that's basically how all of this started.

Without boring you all too much, we stand/sit together on the train almost everyday now, and although I was initially skeptical of him, he does seem to have changed quite a lot. We talk about work and the weather mostly, but there is the odd personal question (e.g. the time he asked about the engagement ring I wear on my right hand, the time I asked why he takes the six o'clock train if he starts work at nine, etc.) Turns out we have some things in common. My mother died of cancer just before I graduated high school whilst his mother is currently battling it, so he takes the six o'clock train everyday and visits her at the hospital for a few hours every morning before work.

Suffice to say, life happened. We're both very different from who we were in high school, so when he asked if I'd like to grab coffee some time, I said yes. We met after work one day, had coffee and walked around the seawall a bit, where we finally broached the topic we had steadily avoided until then. He "lowkey" apologized for the way he treated me. Honestly there's nothing he can say/do to make up for what he put me through. Yes, we were kids, and "kids will be kids", but those were crucial years, and I'm not saying he's responsible for the time I tried to take my own life when I was 16, but he certainly didn't help. The only thing that really helped was when my mom got sick. I was forced to grow up really fast and by doing so, I gained a lot of perspective that I otherwise wouldn't have had at so young an age.

This past Monday, he expressed his feelings for me and asked me if I would like to go on a date with him. It was a soft invite, no pressure. Honestly I do like him ... which is odd because until a month ago, he was the only person I had ever known whom I could've said I hated with absolute certainty. I was in therapy for years because of the damage he caused, and now I'm beginning to question everything I thought I knew and ask myself if it was even half as bad as I remember it.

You can't go from telling someone they're disgusting and worthless and reminding them which way to cut, to this, can you?

It's a little more than just a crush at this point, otherwise I would've brushed it off by now. I can't fathom going on a date with him unless we really talk about this.

So my question is, what should I say? How deep should I go?

tl;dr He bulled me so relentlessly high school, I tried to take my own life. We ran into each other on the train about a month ago, and I've slowly come to realize he's a changed person. We've talked, he's apologized to me very lightly as to not patronize me, and there's now a layer of romantic interest which is very confusing given our history. I know he likes me, and I know I like him, but I don't really know if I can do this. Yes, it was a long time ago, but it was also a very crucial time for me (and for him) and now I'm beginning to wonder if it was even that bad. I'm mostly just confused (and slightly embarrassed?) and disappointed in myself for developing feelings for this guy. What should I do? Talk to him about this? Let it go?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
The card was laced with poison. Sorry I didn't include you, stand by for Valentine.

Love, Homewrecker

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Never have I seen a more opportune chance for revenge present itself

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gaunab posted:

:stonklol:

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Never have I seen a more opportune chance for revenge present itself

But would it still be revenge if he is no longer the person that harmed her?

Edit

VVVV
:laffo:

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Gaunab posted:

The one time I went to a school dance, he cornered me and told me I looked ridiculous in my outfit, and that I should learn to walk in heels if I plan on wearing them ever again.

Hope he drops that burn again as she's walking down the aisle during their wedding

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

quote:

tl;dr He bulled me so relentlessly high school, I tried to take my own life.

We've talked, he's apologized to me very lightly as to not patronize me, and there's now a layer of romantic interest which is very confusing given our history.

:stare:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Chichevache posted:

:stonklol:

But would it still be revenge if he is no longer the person that harmed her?

Yes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dude can't low key apologize for being a nightmare of a person for four years.

I had a friend that I was just BAD friends with 7 years ago and we both "high key" apologized for being lovely people. We didn't antagonize the other or drive them to therapy or Suicide. That was good. That's actually a really good way to start again.

Dude is like "oh yeh sorry I kind of picked on you a little in high school"

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I was pretty lovely to a girl in high school too. It was bad. I apologized to her before we graduated and explained that I wasn't happy with myself, was being bullied myself but it didn't and wouldn't ever actually excuse my actions. Who knows, maybe the guy is low key humiliated at acting like a total loving idiot to her. I'm still pretty ashamed of myself and likely always will be.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I was pretty lovely to a girl in high school too. It was bad. I apologized to her before we graduated and explained that I wasn't happy with myself, was being bullied myself but it didn't and wouldn't ever actually excuse my actions. Who knows, maybe the guy is low key humiliated at acting like a total loving idiot to her. I'm still pretty ashamed of myself and likely always will be.

True, I guess the proof will be in the pudding if he follows through. She should be cautious though.

If she had said he was straight up "I'm sorry I was a total loving idiot" that'd carry more weight though, I'd think?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pvt.Scott posted:

I have a simpler theory. Her husband never told this girl their address and she still sends them to the same address she has logged from years ago.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

True, I guess the proof will be in the pudding if he follows through. She should be cautious though.

If she had said he was straight up "I'm sorry I was a total loving idiot" that'd carry more weight though, I'd think?

From the comments, the apology was "I have no idea why I was so awful to you, and I know an apology won't make up for all the damage I caused, but I'm sorry. Really."

It's not a bad apology, but there's no way that girl should get emotionally involved with the dude without having a really good conversation about the bullying. Even then, probably a bad idea to get into something with someone you have so much baggage with; it's hard to not have old bitterness influence your actions at the very least.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I get the impression that he may not be fully aware how much damage he caused.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Nah gently caress him (not literally)

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Nitrox posted:

I get the impression that he may not be fully aware how much damage he caused.

It sounds like she was going through a bad time anyway and he happened to make it worse. I'd bet he isnt totally aware of just how much he hurt her. But like someone else said they probably shouldn't be together unless there's a very serious talk about it at some point.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
hey you bullied me into attempting to kill myself lmao, anyway whats up with u?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Do you dictate your posts??!

From my brain, sometimes, yeah. The "comma" bit is just how I would have phrased that out loud.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Lol if you don't realize that their first time is going to be the best gently caress of their lives

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.

quote:

My boyfriend's [51m] daughter [31f] told him to choose between her or me [21f] and I'm going to their family thanksgiving dinner.

I am going to their family thanksgiving. My bf and I have been dating for 2 years now (we did break up for a short time after his daughter freaked out, but got back together).
Basically his daughter snooped and found out I'm a cam girl, she hates me for it thinks I'm a terrible person blah blah blah.
She told him he had to choose between me and her.
He obviously wouldnt choose me over his daughter because that's his daughter so we broke up. We got back together (in secret from his daughter) and I have been surrounded by his family for months now. His daughter never comes around or talks to him unless she wants something. I'm not sure if she knows I'm with him again, unless someone told her.
How do I keep the drama down while at thanksgiving dinner? Do I ignore her? Talk to her politely but minimally? Shes the type to run away and cry and cause problems and I am pretty chill and laid back

That's going to be one fun dinner!

Edit:Added spoiler tags because lmao.

almightyerin fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

almightyerin posted:

That's going to be one fun dinner!

I have a sneaking suspicion that the camgirl thing isn't her main first concern

Also put the ages behind spoiler tags for even more fun, because lmao