Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

real dilemma posted:

what is a bogdan
rank S pugger - and NA pros hate any new player by default for a very long time, even if they are performing at an acceptable level in pugs and matches. see: stewie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

he played literally 400 pugs in a month or some poo poo to get into rank s, because esea just picked the top two rank a players with most pugs played, with no regard for other stats. apparently they changed it after seeing how bad bogdan is

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 18, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hell yeah

i just wanted to comment on how poor the NA scene is to new people, but basically i'm just a white noise idiot

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

stump collector posted:

rank S pugger - and NA pros hate any new player by default for a very long time, even if they are performing at an acceptable level in pugs and matches. see: stewie

Steel started a bully campaign on twitter and reddit to force Bogdan off rank s because Bogdan dared to tell him to shut the gently caress up, and ESEA loving listened to Steel and removed him.

gently caress steel so hard.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
That's... one way to look at it, I guess. Bogdan absolutely did not belong in Rank S at all.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bogdan was a poster boy for all the idiots that complain how you stole their kills and it hurt their r dubs

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

canoshiz posted:

That's... one way to look at it, I guess. Bogdan absolutely did not belong in Rank S at all.

Well, no poo poo, yeah.

That can be determined without loving harassing someone with the drooling hordes of Reddit.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Famethrowa posted:

Well, no poo poo, yeah.

That can be determined without loving harassing someone with the drooling hordes of Reddit.

Thank you Bogdan

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

Well, no poo poo, yeah.

He did kind of egg it on if I'm not mistaken, he definitely benefitted from all of the exposure.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Last week on NA CS "curb your enthusiasm theme starts to play"

Even if this Bogdan which is a good name had punched a child in the face and stole his ice-cream no one deserves being brought to reddit's attention.

Anyhow time to lose some friday matches to eastern euro wallhackers on sub 300 hour accounts if anyone is on or maybe some esea if there isn't.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Photex posted:

He did kind of egg it on if I'm not mistaken, he definitely benefitted from all of the exposure.

Honestly I'd be toxic too if a sadsack manlet like steel was screeching in my ear.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

Honestly I'd be toxic too if a sadsack manlet like steel was screeching in my ear.

he was toxic before ever played with steel...I'm not defending steel he can be a real shitter, but bogdan is far from innocent who tries to defend his poo poo for brain plays.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, basically there are two separate issues in this quote:

Famethrowa posted:

Steel started a bully campaign on twitter and reddit to force Bogdan off rank s because Bogdan dared to tell him to shut the gently caress up, and ESEA loving listened to Steel and removed him.

Which are being lumped into one.

Bogdan got booted because bogdan did not belong in Rank S. --Good
Bogdan got bullied by steel, who was being a little punk-rear end. --Bad

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
ban steel, give bogdan admin.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
nissans are poo poo cars and steels a poo poo person

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
wait so bogdan is s1mple?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

Lol steel is an rear end in a top hat but that's not really how it happened

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Google Butt posted:

Lol steel is an rear end in a top hat but that's not really how it happened

Steel made a video because Bogdan talked back to him in a game, promoted it on twitter, and the next day ESEA booted bogdan.

Pretty lovely for ESEA to be paying any heed to the bitching of that obnoxious incestuous clique of NA steamers.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

Steel made a video because Bogdan talked back to him in a game, promoted it on twitter, and the next day ESEA booted bogdan.

Pretty lovely for ESEA to be paying any heed to the bitching of that obnoxious incestuous clique of NA steamers.

ok bogdan

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Famethrowa posted:

nt bogdan

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Redditors/Goons/Everyone thinks they know the game and gets into arguments on who deserves to be in Rank S

Take a step back and check yourself before getting involved in those discussions. 90% of those involved in those threads are at least three echelons away from that level of play. Do yourself a favor and please don't assume.

You're doing yourself a disservice!!

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qutXDn7AwCI

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Redditors/Goons/Everyone thinks they know the game and gets into arguments on who deserves to be in Rank S

Take a step back and check yourself before getting involved in those discussions. 90% of those involved in those threads are at least three echelons away from that level of play. Do yourself a favor and please don't assume.

but I would be a pro if I didn't have a job, self worth and relationships to maintain!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
So apparently there will be another French G2/EnvyUs shuffle after the major.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

If I was putting together a french dream team it would be Kenny, Shox, Apex, NBK and a lurker/flanker but you don't want happy or devil. Maybe shox lurks and you bring rpk into it as turret man or scream if you're a gambler

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Holy poo poo, played an ESEA game and I feel soooo bad for my teammates. Was usually middle of the board in terms of kills, but was clearly making like 100000x worse decisions than everyone else.Going back to MM for awhile...

Do you guys have a rule of thumb rank cutoff before thinking about ESEA?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Holy poo poo, played an ESEA game and I feel soooo bad for my teammates. Was usually middle of the board in terms of kills, but was clearly making like 100000x worse decisions than everyone else.Going back to MM for awhile...

Do you guys have a rule of thumb rank cutoff before thinking about ESEA?

You should be at least LE/LEM when starting on ESEA. If you're anything below that I'd try out CEVO, especially since that service is free.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Xenaero posted:

I like how you said echelon so it would be ok to say level later in the sentence

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
jesus loving christ HLTV :barf:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

A TURGID FATSO posted:

jesus loving christ HLTV :barf:

a teenager with oily yet sensitive skin. I remember the pain :(

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It's great how Valve basically removed gun skin drops from the game now that they added sprays.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I still get lovely guns or cases instead of sprays most of the time :shrug:

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
People get real salty on 1v1 servers when you spray where your nooblet opponents body drops. Keep giving me sprays.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Make sure you throw their weapon out of the map and type "lol nice skin" into chat.

Elman posted:

It's great how Valve basically removed gun skin drops from the game now that they added sprays.

I suspect that the next operation will highlight "you can get weapon drops again!" if they ever loving release it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
NV is getting savaged by optic if anyone is interested

e: well they weere

stump collector fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 19, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
holy gently caress

mixwell just had a 1v2 clutch with no armor and an AK

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

stump collector posted:

holy gently caress

mixwell just had a 1v2 clutch with no armor and an AK
mixwell and loWel dragging Spain back into the CS circuit.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
good christ mixwell and stan won that game with those two big rounds late in the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Optic 2-1 NV and 2-0 Fnatic, back to back. Goddamn they're looking fine right now.