Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

buddhanc posted:

Chest stuff today at the gym guys.

I added a new blister / future callus on top of the 8 I already have. I've been hitting a couple hundred balls at the driving range every few days. My hand will be indestructible and hardened like a siberian babushka

Nice, I'm glad to see some retired guys in this thread too. It's important to stay fit at the golfing ages aka twilight years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Golf is awesome but it seems like I am getting exponentially worse at it the older I get

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's because the older you get, the closer to death you get

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Im not on the decline yet, Ive barely begun to peak!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, old age sucks. My muscles keep getting stronger, but my joints and tendons just bitch every time I bump up the weight.

Goddam aging infrastructure.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Soon

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

going to pick some weight up and then put it back down several times today. can't wait

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Managed to get with a girl for the first time in recent memory and it completely hosed with my eating/training schedule for the past two days. drat gains goblins

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i am so, so sorry

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Tolkien minority posted:

Managed to get with a girl for the first time in recent memory and it completely hosed with my eating/training schedule for the past two days. drat gains goblins

:yeah:

also have her check your form when you squat :q:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Tolkien minority posted:

Better than me. Been sick for a week, all my meager gains going away.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Actually the forklift was invented already, long ago.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Managed to get to my gym for the first time in two weeks after being away training for a new job, and had to go at peak time( which will be the norm when I go operational in the new job) and if this is a sign of what it's like I may have to change gyms, it was horrible there were small clusters of oddly shaped youngsters huddling around each bench and lifting tiny weights.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my gym has been noticeably dead this week

is everyone just giving up for the rest of the year and getting fat basically?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
And then they'll all feel guilty and come POURING back on Jan 2nd.
Yes.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Maybe they all have shoulder injuries

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Tolkien minority posted:

that's what you get sexhaver

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Mine has been loving slammed and it sucks. I've seen dudes use two barbels in one rack!!

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Chinatown posted:

I'm going to the gym AND getting fat :)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Keg posted:

I'm going to the gym AND getting fat :)

:same:

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

I gave up half way through arms today

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

i did finish eating all my wings and chocolate lava cakes though

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

E_P posted:

It is probably from squatting incorrectly. Have you considered tracking your knees outside more? Also have you considered lifting more? Also have you considered sticking a needle in your butt?

i think i've posted probably 100 times in this thread i squatted just fine for like 8 months, even went from like 115-225 with no issues at all. being a form nazi helps a little but it's not the main issue. only trying to sleep really good, eat good, and not drink so much has actually seemed to help so it's probably a tightness/recovery deal. also my knees acted up some before i even started working out again so unless i'm squatting with such horrible form my knee pain traveled into the past

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Tolkien minority posted:

Same. I had two days of pizza that gave me heartburn for 2 days....and I just went through a small pack of the holiday vanilla creme oreos because I haven't had those since I was a kid. (1200 calories)

But hey, there's only one day this week I wasn't in the gym and I hardly ate today sooooooo..

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
eating is good

eating + working out = swole

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
sorry to the guy in dirty sweatpants doing some poo poo near me bc im cg benching in compression shorts. or you're welcome idk

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

You're wearing only compression shorts? Nothing on top of them? The gently caress?

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Ive done that on leg day but I live in Korea and I am married so I don't give a gently caress if someone sees the outline of my D.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Winnie the poo poo posted:

sorry to the guy in dirty sweatpants doing some poo poo near me bc im cg benching in compression shorts. or you're welcome idk

please post pics

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Tiny Lowtax posted:

You're wearing only compression shorts? Nothing on top of them? The gently caress?

oh yeah you're convinced im a guy lol

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Gym convo overheard from yesterday.
:argh: guy is a very angry 25ish man who is one of those "lift angry" gungho assholes who's always talking about fighting or breaking stuff to get back at people. :jihad: is large bearded man who doesn't generally talk much. :) is typical gym bro
:) and :argh: are talking about :) getting into a road rage incident
:) : So this guy is road raging at me and pulls up next to me screaming and I just ignored him until the light changed.
:argh: : I keep a big knife in my center console for stuff like that. I also keep an 18" steel rod in there in case I need to break a window and smash faces.
:jihad: : You should be careful with that steel rod, 1 in 4 adults in this city are licensed to carry a gun.
:argh: : There's a guy who work with who's always talking about guns. He said he'd shoot me if I ever tried to fight him and I was like 'if you pull a gun on me you better kill me'
:jihad: : Well... yeah that's kind of the point

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
same

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Winnie the poo poo posted:

oh yeah you're convinced im a guy lol

Yah

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Re: compression pants.

About a month ago (around the time the thread was destroyed by the name conspiracy), I was squatting and a dude came up in the rack next to me. As he's putting one 35er on each side (a weight he never changed, I thought he was just warming up but NOPE), I noticed he was wearing what could only be described as American flag leggings. I'm sure they were marketed as compression pants, but they were leggings.

These leggings had his dick and balls in the most grotesque headlock, and he's just walking around the gym like nothing is wrong. :stonk:

It was horrifying and is still burned into my retinas. Compression pants on guys without some kind of dick-wrangler: not even once.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
without the dick and balls its ok until i look down and then I feel weak and lacking

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Compression pants on guys without some kind of dick-wrangler:

Very comfortable.

No steppy on wee freedom

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I love wearing compression shorts especially when doing cardio. But I wear shorts over them.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Prude.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
No one wants to see a goon's dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
That's why I won't lose too much weight.