Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TVs Ian posted:

Well, either I got super lucky or the odds aren't all that bad - found a Corsola on my first bubbling rock off Melemele, and the second thing it called up was a Mareanie.

My only question now is where is Sableye? The Pokedex shows it up at Ten Carat Hill, but I can't find it, and PokemonDB doesn't show it in the spawn table. Is it also an SOS-only catch?

yea, it's SOS only and hilariously it seems to prioritize attacking the pokemon that called it before yours. I love that lil poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How do you earn more FC? I got some before I ever went online, but now I just get other people's avatars and they don't give me no FC.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Ahaha Snorlax is so big his Pokemon Refresh takes up both screens

I love you, my gold-making tower of pain

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

W.T. Fits posted:

Someone in another thread mentioned some kind of bug with Litten being monogender but not actually monogender or something? What's up with that?

I think they were making a "joke" about its final evolution looking masculine, but it can still be female.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Dr. Fetus posted:

I think they were making a "joke" about its final evolution looking masculine, but it can still be female.

Yea its like no one has ever seen miss universe bodybuilding shows

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Khanstant posted:

How do you earn more FC? I got some before I ever went online, but now I just get other people's avatars and they don't give me no FC.

if an avatar's name is in red you can talk to them and they'll ask you questions which can get you FC and also you can start up missions by talking to either the lady npc outside the castle or one of the npcs in the castle

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
How do you get the Plates? Ive been pressing A everywhere it says they are.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

W.T. Fits posted:

Someone in another thread mentioned some kind of bug with Litten being monogender but not actually monogender or something?

Same

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I expected Rotomdex to be incredibly annoying but he's unironically hilarious. His line about how there's even government offices in paradise is my favourite so far.

Also, Rowlet using Astonish is the best attack animation of all time.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
A crap ton of QR codes for people who want to do the island scan stuff but also don't have friends.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Question about Technician - I know it fails to power up 60 or under moves if said move gets a boost in damage ala Pursuit, but how does it interact with moves that get STAB?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Deified Data posted:

Question about Technician - I know it fails to power up 60 or under moves if said move gets a boost in damage ala Pursuit, but how does it interact with moves that get STAB?

STAB does not matter for Technician. It only cares about the move's base power.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Deified Data posted:

Technician stacks with STAB perfectly fine. Pursuit and other variable attacks cause it to fail because they actually change the power of the attack. STAB is a straight damage multiplier after the attack's power is set.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

some random kid in the first Pokemon center on the third island mentions getting a Mewtwo from Wonder Trade

so that means someone not only canonically caught Mewtwo in universe they threw it into the void and gave it to some random child without any concern

this is canon now

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ziddar posted:

Technician stacks with STAB perfectly fine. Pursuit and other variable attacks cause it to fail because they actually change the power of the attack. STAB is a straight damage multiplier after the attack's power is set.

Dr. Fetus posted:

STAB does not matter for Technician. It only cares about the move's base power.

Thanks, A-Persian's moveset would have been really questionable otherwise.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay, thanks. I haven't really paid attention to any of the news for Sun and Moon since they announced the starters and the whole "some classic pokemon have different type combinations in Alola" twist, so I was worried they were talking about a legitimate gameplay bug.

I'll be able to sleep soundly tonight, knowing that Yoshikage and Killer Queen can finally begin their quiet life in Alola without any gameplay issues.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

TFRazorsaw posted:

some random kid in the first Pokemon center on the third island mentions getting a Mewtwo from Wonder Trade

so that means someone not only canonically caught Mewtwo in universe they threw it into the void and gave it to some random child without any concern

this is canon now

Pokémon canon is insanely cool and half the fun of the playthrough for me.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

Pokémon canon is insanely cool and half the fun of the playthrough for me.

I wonder if this is the 2nd Mewtwo Trevor had in XY

He would be the type to just give one of those away

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
"Okay shirtless science man I love pokemon too"

also Kahunas are local strongmen warlords that rule through violent intimidation with their OP pokemon. But a positive spin is always cool.

The one in the first town can't stop himself from owning his grandson its great so far.

TheLightPurges fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 19, 2016

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Slowpoke is my spirit animal

Where is his mega stone

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
The stupid ice cream cone pokemon was my favorite from the last game.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

LEGO Genetics posted:

Slowpoke is my spirit animal

You find him creeping on the bikini chick at the beach yet?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheLightPurges posted:

The stupid ice cream cone pokemon was my favorite from the last game.

He was actually from the game before that but yeah vanilluxe rules

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

TFRazorsaw posted:

this is canon now

Or he's like the "My Raichu evolved!" guy from Red/Blue, who I assume was just screwing with you. (I think it was actually a bug where they changed what he traded you and forgot to update the dialog)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deified Data posted:

You find him creeping on the bikini chick at the beach yet?

why do you think he made the post to begin with???

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, I got Moon, how early do Oranguru and Drampa show up? I want to take my Wizard Ape and Granddad for the main plot, but if they're like, final area Pokemon, I could grab one of the others, there are so many good Pokemon this gen.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TVs Ian posted:

Or he's like the "My Raichu evolved!" guy from Red/Blue, who I assume was just screwing with you. (I think it was actually a bug where they changed what he traded you and forgot to update the dialog)

it wasn't a bug, it was them using a different script from the version of the game they'd actually adapted into that particular version, where the traded Pokemon was one of the trade evolutions and not a Raichu.

This line at least is fully intentional.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LordHippoman posted:

So, I got Moon, how early do Oranguru and Drampa show up? I want to take my Wizard Ape and Granddad for the main plot, but if they're like, final area Pokemon, I could grab one of the others, there are so many good Pokemon this gen.

oranguru is on the second island, grass trial location

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

A shockingly good friend and a mighty warrior

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TFRazorsaw posted:

this is canon now

I have a different interpretation: that kid, and others that talk about trading and have 3DSes, are playing Pokemon games since they're too young to be trainers. So it's like if Nintendogs was way more in-depth.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deified Data posted:

A shockingly good friend and a mighty warrior

I finally got myself one. Now to find all the punch moves I can and load up my punchcrab buddy

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zprjKNiR34

So AZ's Floette is still in the game. Maybe this gen they'll actually release it?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I finally got myself one. Now to find all the punch moves I can and load up my punchcrab buddy

I was pleased to see how early you get the Fighting Z-crystal

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
Second totem fight was awesome that felt like a proper boss battle

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It took a bit of time but now I got my Mareanie all set up and ready to watch my other dudes murder things for its own fun and profit.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Does the XP Share still utterly break the game like it did in X/Y? I'm using it to avoid some early grinding and was pleasantly surprised that things seem to be keeping pace.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Does the XP Share still utterly break the game like it did in X/Y? I'm using it to avoid some early grinding and was pleasantly surprised that things seem to be keeping pace.
If you don't want it to break the game, just turn it off whenever you start to get a little bit overleveled.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Countblanc posted:

He was actually from the game before that but yeah vanilluxe rules

I go into these games blind every few years and when I saw the ice cream cone pokemon appear I honestly just burst out laughing.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Do any new pokemon learn sleep inducing moves? I can't seem to find any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Supremezero posted:

Do any new pokemon learn sleep inducing moves? I can't seem to find any.

alolan exeggutor if that counts.