Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Why in the world is Les pitching anything to Purdue? Shouldn't the meeting consist of Les going "hey yeah I'll come coach there" and Purdue going "wow really? like this isn't a prank or anything you'll come coach for us?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Purdue plays in the Big Ten and gets the corresponding money that comes along with that.

Part of the issue with Purdue is they haven't been spending that money on sports. Which in a perfect world would probably be what everyone does, blah blah.

The new AD might be changing that now, but the history there makes any 'Big 10 $$$' appeal questionable from a candidate's perspective.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

General Dog posted:

Purdue plays in the Big Ten and gets the corresponding money that comes along with that.

Any other P5 school could easily match or out pay whatever Purdue is offering.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Les Miles can't resist the opportunity to play in the Rose Bowl

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2016/11/17/13666892/you-wanna-go-all-in-on-a-guy-named-jimbo

Didn't think Louisiana people would get elitist over his name. Weird.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 18, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

swickles posted:

Any other P5 school could easily match or out pay whatever Purdue is offering.

Right, but obviously I don't think Western Michigan could, which was the only point I was making.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Grittybeard posted:

Part of the issue with Purdue is they haven't been spending that money on sports. Which in a perfect world would probably be what everyone does, blah blah.

The new AD might be changing that now, but the history there makes any 'Big 10 $$$' appeal questionable from a candidate's perspective.

The money is there believe me.....The person who gets the job is going to see facilities spending that will rival anyone else in the big ten, sure, that will simply catch them up but it beats anything Joe Tiller ever got and he was pretty successful.

Bobinski is just a placeholder AD, no one thinks he's gonna be long term.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Miles, Locksley, and Sarkisian to Purdue? :getin:

Also :laffo: @ FSU although Florida will still have to play Jumbo every year, at least FSU will suffer.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an adult beverage posted:

Miles, Locksley, and Sarkisian to Purdue? :getin:

Also :laffo: @ FSU although Florida will still have to play Jumbo every year, at least FSU will suffer.

:mad:

Why don't he want me, Uncle Phil?

:smithicide:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why in the world is Les pitching anything to Purdue? Shouldn't the meeting consist of Les going "hey yeah I'll come coach there" and Purdue going "wow really? like this isn't a prank or anything you'll come coach for us?"

I dunno if he'd be super high on my list if I were then honestly. He can recruit better than they have but there's still a pretty hard cap on how well you can recruit there and he sure as hell isnt gonna out game plan people. They should be trying to do something different offensively not to be Wisconsin but with bad players

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What was Les' offense at OkSt like? I think Gundy was his OC, but Les doesn't seem like the air raid type.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

MourningView posted:

I dunno if he'd be super high on my list if I were then honestly. He can recruit better than they have but there's still a pretty hard cap on how well you can recruit there and he sure as hell isnt gonna out game plan people. They should be trying to do something different offensively not to be Wisconsin but with bad players

Looks like he wants Sarkisian as OC maybe? What was his offense at USC and Washington, standard pro style?

Although coaching at Purdue and living in West Lafayette might drive him back to drinking.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 19, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What was Les' offense at OkSt like? I think Gundy was his OC, but Les doesn't seem like the air raid type.

It wasn't full out air raid but Rashaun Woods was a first round draft pick that people were surprised busted and Josh Fields got a look. Tatum Bell put up a couple of thousand yard years on the ground.

They were definitely at least good at offense, which is not what LSU has been recently.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

an adult beverage posted:

Looks like he wants Sarkisian as OC maybe? What was his offense at USC and Washington, standard pro style?

Although coaching at Purdue and living in West Lafayette might drive him back to drinking.

sarkesian is ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed Jimbo would leave FSU. I guess it's not a done deal yet though.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

It wasn't full out air raid but Rashaun Woods was a first round draft pick that people were surprised busted and Josh Fields got a look. Tatum Bell put up a couple of thousand yard years on the ground.

They were definitely at least good at offense, which is not what LSU has been recently.

Yeah, as far as I can remember those Ok State teams bore almost no resemblance to his LSU teams.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Scionix posted:

sarkesian is ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

If we've learned anything from Kiffin, it's that people can be reverse Peter Principled back down to their level of competence.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Les wasn't always so conservative at LSU either, but I think the Jarret Lee/Jordan Jefferson years broke him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If I were a LSU fan I would be mad about Jaret Lee getting benched for no reason every day. That 2011 team should be remembered as one of the best teams of all time

Latter day Les also had a bizarre habit of recruiting dual threat option QBs and then forcing them to run the most boring pro style offense possible

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 19, 2016

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MourningView posted:

If I were a LSU fan I would be mad about Jaret Lee getting benched for no reason every day.

It's the first thing I think about when I wake up most days.

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin

DJExile posted:

Also Western michigan to purdue is a lateral move at absolute best.

I think there's a slim chance that Fleck actually stays at Western if he doesn't take Purdue (and he'd be searching for a new job in 4 years if he took that job).

There is also some buzz going around that he's got family issues, with an ex wife who he splits custody of his kids with living in K-zoo. He lost his infant son a few years ago so he might not want to be that far from his kids after something like that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think he's probably gonna have a lot of options beyond Purdue.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I have a feeling that Coach O won't be offered a hiring package by LSU.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/800096595928875009

Bye Kliff

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LSU should keep coach O and hire Kliff for the O.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Scarf posted:

Jimbo to LSU, Herman to FSU. Callin it.

Texas better not let this happen.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
already mad about kiffin getting hired by like kentucky or some poo poo and kliff taking the Bama oc job

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

MourningView posted:

already mad about kiffin getting hired by like kentucky or some poo poo and kliff taking the Bama oc job

there would be two branches of the saban coaching tree: the large adult sons and the handsome young lads

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

MourningView posted:

No that pansy Air Raid stuff is not good enough for Bama, Kliff is a better fit at a finesse program like UF IMO.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

No that pansy Air Raid stuff is not good enough for Bama, Kliff is a better fit at a finesse program like UF IMO.

We just won the East, no way they fire Nuss (although they loving should)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Come back to A&M Kliff. Johnny, you too.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

We just won the East, no way they fire Nuss (although they loving should)

Maybe Nuss will go to Purdue or BC or something.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

swickles posted:

Maybe Nuss will go to Purdue or BC or something.

Nuss has Les Miles OC written all over him

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

Nuss has Les Miles OC written all over him

God I loving hope so. That pitch on 3rd and goal from 2ft out was a goddamned travesty.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

:rip: Kilff and Charlie

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wonder if Jimbo wants to buy Les' house.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Who are the good Defensive Coordinators that will be available this offseason?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mike_V posted:

charlie strong is browsing monster.com right now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mike_V posted:

I'd all but guarantee Mike Elko from Wake Forest goes somewhere.

E:

Darren Rovell posted:

$19,675,000: Cost for 3 seasons of Charlie Strong (16-20 record), including Louisville buyout. If he gets fired, his buyout is $10 million.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Just think of the world we'd be in if Odom got along with Kuligowski.

Then cry. A lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I'm glad we gave up the best D-line coach in the country for a guy that can't even make sure his players know how to tackle or catch a fuckin' ball right.

• Locked thread