Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Paper Diamonds posted:

Gym convo overheard from yesterday.
:argh: guy is a very angry 25ish man who is one of those "lift angry" gungho assholes who's always talking about fighting or breaking stuff to get back at people. :jihad: is large bearded man who doesn't generally talk much. :) is typical gym bro
:) and :argh: are talking about :) getting into a road rage incident
:) : So this guy is road raging at me and pulls up next to me screaming and I just ignored him until the light changed.
:argh: : I keep a big knife in my center console for stuff like that. I also keep an 18" steel rod in there in case I need to break a window and smash faces.
:jihad: : You should be careful with that steel rod, 1 in 4 adults in this city are licensed to carry a gun.
:argh: : There's a guy who work with who's always talking about guns. He said he'd shoot me if I ever tried to fight him and I was like 'if you pull a gun on me you better kill me'
:jihad: : Well... yeah that's kind of the point

Holy poo poo, are you a GBS time traveller from 2007?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In my world, if you are a guy and youre gonna wear compression pants to the gym, you wear shorts over them, like this;

That is to spare other people from your penis

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
If your legs aren't the size of a professional bodybuilder or power lifter than you shouldn't be wearing tights or compression shorts in the gym.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I thought everyone wore sliders under their gym shorts? I've been doing that since like 6th or 7th grade

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
its going to be too cold for me to expose my crotch after today unfortunately

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Defiant Sally posted:

If your legs aren't the size of a professional bodybuilder or power lifter than you shouldn't be wearing tights or compression shorts in the gym.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

what if i ijust want to assert dominance by showing off my monster dick print

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
im reading you loud and clear, meet me in the showers in 10

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In the gym I only wear my magnum condom on my monster dong.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
aw poo poo my cock ring fell off

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

FedEx Mercury posted:

Holy poo poo, are you a GBS time traveller from 2007?

Does aging count as time travel?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
if you have a pair of compression underwear under a thicker pair of compression tights you really can't see anything. doubly so if you have a longer shirt. I still throw regular shorts on over, but those come off whenever I go to squat or deadlift

like what is even the point "hrm yes let me put on clothing designed to be almost entirely non restrictive oh and yes, lets put on some more restrictive clothes on top because i have such a huge giant penis....7 inches un-erect

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 20, 2016

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
All this talk of compression shorts makes me think you all lift in space and are just waiting for the airlock to fail.

I'm getting even closer to my 100kg bench goal - 88kg for 5 reps. This is awesome.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Defiant Sally posted:

Same for wearing a sleveless hoodie, at my gym there is a tiny asian dude and who wears it and it just looks ridiculous.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I made the mistake of buying an under armour shirt with a hood recently. It's the most pointless thing ever. What the hell would you need the hood for at the gym. The drat thing just gets in the way, especially when squatting.

My favorite are people who have to wear all the sports clothes and equipment they own at the same. The best combo I've encountered included wrestling shoes, knee high socks, tights, knee sleeves, shorts, hoodie, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, belt, cap. All must be worn through the whole session of course. Gotta properly protect the body for that 2" rom squat.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Do compression shorts make you stronger and better? Or do they just give you bulging balls? Why not just wear shorts?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Do compression shorts make you stronger and better? Or do they just give you bulging balls? Why not just wear shorts?

probably nothing measurable. it's just a matter of comfort for me. I still want to get some rugby shorts to try but my regular basketball shorts like to hang on my knee when I squat. its not really a big deal though, I still wear those all the time, especially in the summer

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

How the gently caress are regular shorts constrictive in any way shape or form? Lol that you can't squat in shorts. Wouldn't anything getting in the way of your 135lb squat!

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Nov 20, 2016

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
but my freakishly enormous genitals get in the way if they are not properly supported by special clothing items

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

How the gently caress are regular shorts constrictive in any way whale or form? Lol that you can't squat in shorts. Wouldn't anything getting in the way of your 135lb squat!

you're such an rear end in a top hat and i was actually up to 225

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

you're such an rear end in a top hat and i was actually up to 225

You squat more that that every time you stand up

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
im not even fat tiny lowtax

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Let's have a bench off

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
does everyone else get bullied this much by their gym nemesis?

ill be there though, in my best spandex

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Alan_Shore posted:

:iiam:

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Alan_Shore posted:

I live in korea where they provide fresh gym clothes for you every visit however ive torn the stitching/flirted with tearing out the rear end of their provided shorts with my fat american rear end when I go over 495lbs on back squats. So I just wear compression shorts and take off the gym provided shorts when I do my squats.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't use compression pants at the moment, but I can tell you that they feel really good to wear

Compression clothes also improves blood circulation. Maybe thats why they feel so good to wear? who knows

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i cant believe tiny lowtax stooped so low

tiny lowtax called us out and said how much do you guys squat

and just like that zzulu said when can we try and tiny lowtax said today at 2pm

so i didn't bother doing my usual workout and so did zzulu too and we had to get into special compression pants(tight pants...ugh)

zzulu enjoyed every minute of it

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
What fresh hell is this

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:smugdon:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm not gonna lie, I want the compression top that looks like Saiyan armor because I know it'll make me stronger (unlike compression shorts). BUT I have to be buff before I can wear it. It's a conundrum.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Going to the gym in a bit guys. Gonna put on my sliders and then my shorts. Keeps my balls snug.

Deadlift day and I've got wu-tang clan playing on my telephone

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What the hell is a slider

google image searching it just gives me hamburgers

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I'd always assumed people meant putting tiny buns on their legs.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Zzulu posted:

They're basically compression pants but made for sliding in baseball. Same thing tho.

Sorry DDD tough night at work. I love you.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Zzulu posted:

What tiny low tax said. Used for baseball and basketball and such. They're just compression shorts. Mine are under Armour. So expensive though my friend

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
Did someone say hosed up shoulders? Got any good stretches?

I'd like to OHP heavy without my shoulders feeling like they're about to explode from the inside out.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Hope you all can see my dick outline while I post this. :dong:

canned from the band posted:

Did someone say hosed up shoulders? Got any good stretches?

I'd like to OHP heavy without my shoulders feeling like they're about to explode from the inside out.

http://strengtheory.com/healthy-shoulders-big-bench/

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Metanaut posted:

I made the mistake of buying an under armour shirt with a hood recently. It's the most pointless thing ever. What the hell would you need the hood for at the gym. The drat thing just gets in the way, especially when squatting.

My favorite are people who have to wear all the sports clothes and equipment they own at the same. The best combo I've encountered included wrestling shoes, knee high socks, tights, knee sleeves, shorts, hoodie, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, belt, cap. All must be worn through the whole session of course. Gotta properly protect the body for that 2" rom squat.

That's my stepdad, but he's strong and fast as gently caress at 60, so I'm not going to make fun of him for his spacetape and super hero costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

There were many nights after work I didnt have time to change and shower so I'd end up in the gym with khakis on, I've never felt more over dressed in my life