Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

In Training posted:

If you're losing against a legion or other 1/no dash Titans, it doesn't matter if they fall for it or not, they usually just can't actually move away fast enough
Legion is especially vulnerable to the nuke eject: aside from only having one dash maximum if they have the gun shield active they cannot melee (so you can get really close without getting executed) and cannot run away until it goes on cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

squidgee posted:

You're not playing Titanfall 2 right if you're not using all pink camo.

Still have to get it for my pilot, so neon lemon will have to do until then.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Finally got around to playing multi. It's so drat good! I think it'll be my new go-to multiplayer game.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stim is amazing but I've learned it doesn't work well if you run straight at somebody :smith:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

When the gently caress is this going to go on sale in Canada

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sorry dawg you gotta make Canada great again before you get sweet deals.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Bob NewSCART posted:

When the gently caress is this going to go on sale in Canada

Hm? The current sale (-33% off) plus the TITAN20 promo should make a standard edition purchase about $44CAD excluding any relevant tax.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Question about the Mastiff: does it do more damage towards the middle of the crosshair or not? I've been finding it pretty inconsistent.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mordja posted:

Question about the Mastiff: does it do more damage towards the middle of the crosshair or not? I've been finding it pretty inconsistent.
Only in the sense that you're more likely to hit all the projectiles. Each of the 8 projectiles it shoots does the same damage.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
So this happened...

Then we switched to attrition and met another goon group. That was a good match, which we ended up losing.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
If I regen does it reset all my loadouts to their defaults?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
yes

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Taiso posted:

Scorch pro tip, if you look straight up and shoot your gas canisters they'll land behind you about a titan length away, makes it super easy to put them on top of a drop ship.

Tried this out last night and can confirm it works great, melts the drop ship pretty fast

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I just tried to use Scorch again

I'm still so bad at it :negative:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

I just tried to use Scorch again

I'm still so bad at it :negative:

Scorch takes some practice to get used to, he's a much more defensive Titan. Get good at throwing his gas canisters out so that you cover a wide area and use the perk that makes his shield last longer + do more damage. If a ronin or pilot gets in your face just hold that up and watch it melt :supaburn:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Yeah I've been trying to get levels to unlock the longer lasting shield perk but man is it slow going since I rarely get those titan kills/assists. On the bright side I'm getting tons of pips on my G2 because I spend so much time outside my titan!

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Insert name here posted:

Yeah I've been trying to get levels to unlock the longer lasting shield perk but man is it slow going since I rarely get those titan kills/assists. On the bright side I'm getting tons of pips on my G2 because I spend so much time outside my titan!

You are like my opposite. I get insane amounts of kills with Scorch but I just can't deal with that stupid rear end G2. Argh.

But yeah, the only Scorch loadout that matters is the improved shield. Everything else is bad.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Last titan standing will get you a bunch of titan XP due to the nature of the matches. But its up to you if you enjoy it. With scorch a lot of the time I'm not even going for kills but rather forcing the enemy to move in ways that help my heavier hitting teammates

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I hope some of the Black Friday sales improve the player population in this game, Walmart is going to have it for $27 that might move some copies.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Just finished the campaign... gently caress that was good. Had some visions of Portal 2 going through some of those levels. Just really fun and fresh.

The length wasn't amazing, but with all the epic journey poo poo on my backlog, I'm totally fine with a compact experience that doesn't overstay its welcome or make me wonder "when's this going to end so I can move on to <x>?"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darke GBF posted:

Just finished the campaign... gently caress that was good. Had some visions of Portal 2 going through some of those levels. Just really fun and fresh.

The length wasn't amazing, but with all the epic journey poo poo on my backlog, I'm totally fine with a compact experience that doesn't overstay its welcome or make me wonder "when's this going to end so I can move on to <x>?"

Yeah as I have less time to spend on games I much more appreciate one that is fast and enjoyable with no wasted space. I can't off the top of my head come up with a part of the campaign that I didn't like. Closest I guess is the very start of the base assault with a bunch of titans, but that was more because I was probably approaching it wrong.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I finally managed to get the Grand Theft Semi-Auto execution off on another player. I was so excited I wall ran and jumped straight into a nuclear ejection. :downs:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Ever have just an insanely good game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21qOBTTv5hI

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I was thinking about getting this, been playing nothing but Destiny for the last couple years. Should I expect it to be on sale on Black Friday anywhere?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Anyone else getting weird spikes tonight?

Ping could be 9-10 at one point, then it spikes to 100 for a bit. Getting a lot of deaths from behind walls and after I use phase shift.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
So is the CAR actually better when not ADSing, because it sure feels like the TTK is lower. Is this true of all weapons? It really feels like there's no point to aiming down the sights unless your target is so far away you can't see them.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

OdinsBeard posted:

So is the CAR actually better when not ADSing, because it sure feels like the TTK is lower. Is this true of all weapons? It really feels like there's no point to aiming down the sights unless your target is so far away you can't see them.
Most guns are more accurate while ADSing, and the G2 can't hit the broad side of a barn if you aren't ADSing/sliding.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

actionjackson posted:

I was thinking about getting this, been playing nothing but Destiny for the last couple years. Should I expect it to be on sale on Black Friday anywhere?

Invisible Handjob posted:

I hope some of the Black Friday sales improve the player population in this game, Walmart is going to have it for $27 that might move some copies.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Our Goon group played against the saddest bunch I've ever seen tonight. Final score was 5000 to 112 with 100 of their points going to the MVP and 12 dollars split amongst the other 4. At I certain point I just felt bad shooting them. Not that bad though because we got destroyed way more than normal for the rest of the night.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

veni veni veni posted:

Our Goon group played against the saddest bunch I've ever seen tonight. Final score was 5000 to 112 with 100 of their points going to the MVP and 12 dollars split amongst the other 4. At I certain point I just felt bad shooting them. Not that bad though because we got destroyed way more than normal for the rest of the night.

I once played a game of Attrition with some goons where the enemy team didn't even make it to 100 points. The top earner on the enemy team had 27 points: 4 pilot kills, 7 minion kills.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.

actionjackson posted:

If you are on PC it is $32 USD right now on Origin. Rather, it is $40USD and the code TITAN20 takes another $8 for a final price of $32.

I just bought it and played one MP match and happened to have wolfffenstein in my game. I forgot how satisfying the Titan executions were.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

AirRaid posted:

I dunno I only picked up Nuke Ronin a day or two ago and I am doing poo poo like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztK7-PjN4Q

Pretty much every other match.

Would've been a quad kill if Amebix hadn't MGL sniped the Ion on the right just before my nuke went off. :argh:

Apparently I forgot that Shadowplay automatically uploads videos as private, this should work now. :downs:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Elysiume posted:

Most guns are more accurate while ADSing, and the G2 can't hit the broad side of a barn if you aren't ADSing/sliding.

The Spitfire is pretty bad if you aren't ADS'ing either. But who uses the spitfire when the devotion exists?!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

This is what you get for killing me with my own phase shift. :saddowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGb9Qp5Kzd4

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Man, I can't see myself using anything else after nailing three pilots with firestars in my very first match. It's so satisfying.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Ronin with nuclear eject is so beautiful. Every time I lose my sweet sword baby I have another one or 3/4s of another one already :allears:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I don't think I'll ever play bounty hunt without pilot sentry now. So many players are in such a rush they don't sweep the room the bank is in, so a sentry on a box or corner sweeps up stolen bounties every time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It can also solo a AI wave by itself if you leave it with a good view of the spawn point and leave to hunt other pilots

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Black Griffon posted:

Man, I can't see myself using anything else after nailing three pilots with firestars in my very first match. It's so satisfying.

Hell yeah. I have one load out for Last Titan Standing where I run arc grenades, but even the firestarter seems pretty good against Titans, especially if you can stick the cockpit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I don't think I'll ever play bounty hunt without pilot sentry now. So many players are in such a rush they don't sweep the room the bank is in, so a sentry on a box or corner sweeps up stolen bounties every time.

For real. I actually just started using it last night and the first one I threw down killed the entire enemy team as they funneled in. I got like 500 dollars after the first wave. They seem extra lethal if you can get them to overlook the bank instead of just sitting next to it