Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Mike_V posted:

Who are the good Defensive Coordinators that will be available this offseason?

Yeah... Charlie Strong is definitely going to be on the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Thinking at this point Tom Herman's gonna have to fix Texas as a matter of state pride.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PrinceRandom posted:

charlie strong is browsing monster.com right now.

Geoff Collins will prob get a DI job this year.

Come home Charlie. Come home to Gainesville.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Thermos H Christ posted:

Yeah... Charlie Strong is definitely going to be on the market.

Bummed. I hope he finds success at his next stop, but I completely understand getting canned for losing to 1-9 Kansas.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/CaseyKeirnan/status/800137100343595008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

:sadwave:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Posted this in the aftermath thread. This loss definitely landed Kliff firmly in the hot seat, but I still think it more likely than not that he is at Tech next season.

Why? $$.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What was Les' offense at OkSt like? I think Gundy was his OC, but Les doesn't seem like the air raid type.

Run heavy spread iirc.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Neil Armbong posted:

Bummed. I hope he finds success at his next stop, but I completely understand getting canned for losing to 1-9 Kansas.

1-9 doesn't quite convey the magnitude of this loss. They had lost their last 23 games against FBS teams. Incredibad.

Still it seems the overwhelming sentiment in the Texas fandom right now is (a) Charlie Strong absolutely must be fired, and (b) we mourn the loss of Charlie Strong.

Total class act. Red McCombs aside, Texas fans really like him and we wanted him to be the guy. He is much, much more popular than Mack Brown was at the end. Really hurts to see him go out like this.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 20, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Charlie Strong and Art Briles took radically different paths and arrived at the same destination (fired). Makes u think.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
https://www.fireholgorsen.com/RICHROD/MAKEWVUGREATAGAIN

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Strong fired per twitter.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

General Dog posted:

Charlie Strong and Art Briles took radically different paths and arrived at the same destination (fired). Makes u think.

The moral of the story is gently caress booster wives, get buyout money.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Thoguh posted:

Strong fired per twitter.

Well no poo poo. I mean whether it's officially official or not, it's completely inevitable.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
https://twitter.com/SportsPlusShow/status/800165575951400960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

At least let him get back to Austin guys... I mean, that way you could leave him on the tarmac.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Don't lose to Kansas

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Between Houston overachieving on Thursday and UT losing to Kansas in football, Texas is probably parachuting pallets of cash into Herman's backyard (mind the pool) right now.

I'm glad my fiancee and I are going to Memphis next week to see the last game of the Herman Era at Houston.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

UH needs to get Herman a new contract, like tonight. The new buyout needs to be whatever the principal is on TDECU Stadium, plus the deed to 300 or so acres in south Houston.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

UH needs to get Herman a new contract, like tonight. The new buyout needs to be whatever the principal is on TDECU Stadium, plus the deed to 300 or so acres in south Houston.

Oh buddy :(

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Glad Florida beat LSU, sad to see it probably put the nail in the coffin for any potential Head Coach O. :(

I wonder if he stays on the next staff or goes somewhere else like when USC didn't get him the job.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

I request that Scionix be banned before the first of the annual Saban Bama v Herman Texas National Championship games.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I'm not even mad. Houston's gonna be fine. There will be plenty of coaches lining up to take Herman's place and plenty of money to pay for one.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Korranus posted:

Im so sorry Korranus but we really need your coach tia

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

I'm not even mad. Houston's gonna be fine. There will be plenty of coaches lining up to take Herman's place and plenty of money to pay for one.

Yeah y'all definitely at the top of the pecking order for G5 jobs and probably above a lot of P5 jobs. I'd much rather be at Houston than Purdue

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

So would Herman even consider LSU or is he so Texas that a statue of DKR made of brisket, spurs and electric chairs would be jealous?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

LeeMajors posted:

So would Herman even consider LSU or is he so Texas that a statue of DKR made of brisket, spurs and electric chairs would be jealous?

No one with any brains wants to run into the Alabama wall outside of the title game

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

No one with any brains wants to run into the Alabama wall outside of the title game

Probably a better starting cast than Texas tho

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

They'll give him a full three years to get past Kansas.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

I'm not sure actually. There's at least a promising QB at Texas. Charlie started recruiting well recently and they're super young

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Korranus posted:

I'm going to forward something terrifying here.

Ed Oliver with two years of Ed Orgeron coaching him.

JFC.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

I'm not sure actually. There's at least a promising QB at Texas. Charlie started recruiting well recently and they're super young

True. That RB (Freeman?) is terrifying. Is he a SR?

Buechele has been pretty good too if he hasn't been hosed by bad habits and lowered confidence.

They're both great jobs. LSU has a market cornered for freaks in La though.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I request that Scionix be banned before the first of the annual Saban Bama v Herman Texas National Championship games.

Texas will never be good again actually.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Sumlin's probably getting fired at the end of 2017.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Apparently the guy "breaking" the news is a goober who is making it up.

Strong is dead man walking, but it's not official yet.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Don't lose to Kansas

USF is also magic bullet that leads to getting fired

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LSU is going to go all in on Jimbo, miss out on Herman and Fleck and whoever else is promising, then not get Jimbo and end up with, like, Brady Hoke or something, and pretend that's who they wanted all along.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Lasagna Pilot posted:

:grin:

PrinceRandom posted:

Texas will never be good again actually.

good thing you didnt get owned forever and for all time against one of these horrible texas teams OH WAIT

Scionix fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 20, 2016

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
All of Strong's hard work is going to be credited to whoever takes over his job.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tyrannosaurus posted:

All of Strong's hard work is going to be credited to whoever takes over his job.

can't believe people are praising jim harbaugh when brady hoke clearly did all the work

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

can't believe people are praising jim harbaugh when brady hoke clearly did all the work

Clearly Ron Zook really won the 2006 national championship. We don't know if Urban can even recruit yet?!*

*this was an actual widespread opinion in 06--how naive we all were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Tyrannosaurus posted:

What's that, a black dude cleaning up a titanic mess left by a white guy and then getting the blame for the mess?

This is an unprecedented event!

Seriously tho Jimbo don't go :ohdear:

• Locked thread