Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

blue squares posted:

gently caress the cowboys!!!

Now point to the place on the Doll where Jerrah hurt you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

correll buckhalter lmfao

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Seattle about to commit the crime of avicide today. We are going to gently caress the Eagles harder than DDT did.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

gently caress the cowboys!!!

Heel turn???:chanpop:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

CyberPingu posted:

Id prefer a 1-3 with the Eagles being the only winning team

I feel like this dooms your team to be the only NFC east team to lose.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Sickening posted:

Yes because me not posting was literally the only thing preventing the Seahawks from absoultely rear end pounding us.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

CyberPingu posted:

Yes because me not posting was literally the only thing preventing the Seahawks from absoultely rear end pounding us.

Like my father used to say, when I ran home from school in tears, "if you weren't such a little bitch this wouldn't have happened."

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Chichevache posted:

Like my father used to say, when I ran home from school in tears, "if you weren't such a little bitch this wouldn't have happened."

Funny im pretty sure thats what Lynch said to Pete Carroll after the 1yd line pick during the superbowl

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

NattyBo posted:

Not to interrupt Dan vs Wentz chat, but can we talk about how bullshit the Redskins schedule is?

This weekend we play on SNF before having a game Thursday midday. So basically a 2.5-3 day turnaround. Fine whatever I guess it's only 8 hours less than Dallas gets plus travel time too.

The week before Christmas we play Carolina on MNF and then have a SATURDAY 1PM game @Chicago, so a 4 day turnaround Only team in the league with 2 short turnarounds in one season.

Thanks, Mara.

We got penalized for exceeding the salary cap in a year where there there was no salary cap. Of course they are against the Skins.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sickening posted:

agreed; Karma bitch

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You guys cheering the entire division must not actually have a NFC East team

I'm like stressing out all day today cheering on the Eagles and all the teams facing the rest of the division.

LETS GO BEARS! LETS GO RAVENS! LETS GO PACKERS!

89 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 20, 2016

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

correll buckhalter lmfao

That's what I was thinking too. It's nothing against Buckhalter. He was a competent rotation RB. But he's just not the kind of guy you expect to hear brought up as someone's childhood hero who they seek to emulate.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

89 posted:

You guys cheering the entire division must not actually have a NFC East team

Yeah this whole thread is confusing to me. I'll talk some poo poo about the AFC West's current record while it's around but I want Denver and Oakland to lose every game they play for the rest of time. San Diego just has to lose most of their games.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
No poo poo. Cowboys beating the Steelers after that crazy game almost ruined my mood from the Eagles beating the Falcons.

Also, Go Cardinals! Yay higher draft pick from the Vikings collapse!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Steve Smith please dont put any more Cowboys DBs onto IR

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
My team.

My division.

My conference.

I'm not sure when I changed from gently caress DALLAS gently caress THE GIANTS to this. Sometime relatively recently.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
lol I have my cake and eat it too, I root against NY/Philly/Dallas but when the division is doing this well I'm :smug: as gently caress too

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NattyBo posted:

lol I have my cake and eat it too, I root against NY/Philly/Dallas but when the division is doing this well I'm :smug: as gently caress too

This. Hate the Giants, Iggles and Redskins, but the NFCE has been a clown car for so long that I can't ignore how well the division is doing. It's funny.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
But the entire NFC East being good hurts your NFC East team. I'd much rather have a lot of scam wins at 11-12 wins than 7-8 hard fought wins when that 7-8 wins sends your team home after Week 17 and you get to watch your NFC East foes take your team's place.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

89 posted:

But the entire NFC East being good hurts your NFC East team. I'd much rather have a lot of scam wins at 11-12 wins than 7-8 hard fought wins when that 7-8 wins sends your team home after Week 17 and you get to watch your NFC East foes take your team's place.

Iron sharpens iron

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
I'm more talking my point of view with regards to when the Eagles are eliminated.

I'd prefer the NFCE win the Bowl, then the NFC in general.

Basically gently caress the AFC.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

89 posted:

what a coward

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

what a coward

His are the words of a fan whose team is 0-3 in the division

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's all about getting to the playoffs.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

89 posted:

It's all about getting to the playoffs.

No, Eagles Fan, it Is About Winning Superbowls

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TheChirurgeon posted:

No, Eagles Fan, it Is About Winning Superbowls

Yes, tear yourselves apart, lEasters.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles are gonna beat the Seahawks :colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

89 posted:

Eagles are gonna beat the Seahawks :colbert:

We've got Frank Clark on our team and you've got Carson "Water Closet" Wentz. If anyone knows how to dish out a beating it's us. :colbert:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Hate to break it to you folks but it looks like the cowboys are going to win today.

:smug:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chichevache posted:

Yes, tear yourselves apart, lEasters.

As a fan of an opposing team, I am afraid of Seattle having homefield in the playoffs. I am not afraid of them having to play on the road, and that's where we are rapidly heading

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

go cowboys playoffs here we come

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

go cowboys playoffs here we come

:agreed: Hail satan

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TheChirurgeon posted:

As a fan of an opposing team, I am afraid of Seattle having homefield in the playoffs. I am not afraid of them having to play on the road, and that's where we are rapidly heading

I think I would rather another heartbreaking Super Bowl loss to the Patriots than an NFC Championship loss to the Cowboys.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dak was fantastic for all but the first 2-3 drives. hard to imagine Romo would do any better. And he historically turns the ball over more, meaning the Ravens might have won if he had done so

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I think I would rather another heartbreaking Super Bowl loss to the Patriots than an NFC Championship loss to the Cowboys.

You'd rather go to the Super Bowl than not go to the Super Bowl. Wow

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I would choose the same fate.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

blue squares posted:

You'd rather go to the Super Bowl than not go to the Super Bowl. Wow

Chichevache has an odd amount of hate for the cowboys for someone who's not a eagles/skins fan

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the NFC East just keeps on winning :smuggo: :smuggo: :dukedog:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

Dak was fantastic for all but the first 2-3 drives. hard to imagine Romo would do any better. And he historically turns the ball over more, meaning the Ravens might have won if he had done so

Yeah but if I can guarantee one thing with certainty it's that Dak will throw more INTs eventually. It's just not possible for an NFL QB to average an INT rate lower than about 2% and right now Dak is at 0.7%. Which isn't to say he can't keep his INT total down the rest of the season, but keeping an INT count like that requires as much luck as skill, particularly if you are throwing downfield as much as he does. He'll average out, if not this year, then next. See also: Brady's 4-INT season, which was a massive outlier.

For what it's worth, Romo's career INT rate is 2.7%, which is decent--Here are some comparisons:
Rodgers - 1.6% (!)
Brady - 1.7%
Wilson - 1.8%
Brees - 2.5%
Rivers - 2.6%
Roethlisberger - 2.7%
Peyton Manning - 2.7%
Eli Manning - 3.2%
Favre - 4.2%

That's above the NFL average over the last 3 years (2.4%), but that also takes his tumultuous early years into account--his INT rate has dropped over the last few years, to 2.3% over the last 3 years.

Sure, Prescott could be the next Wilson (and gently caress if sportswriters aren't all pining for the stories they can write there), but I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up more on the "pretty good" side of the spectrum, and I'll be perfectly happy if he does the trick Romo has done and hovered around the top 5/in the 6-10 range for most of his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a new study bible! posted:

Yall are crazy if you take Jackson over the dudes we have now. Agholor seems busted, but you need to give him a year or two more to see. Just look at Crabtree.

Hahahahaha, look at this post.

Horrible drops aside the man cannot even line up correctly.

• Locked thread