Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Jack Trades posted:

You use your reasonable walk speed to stay just outside of the range of her buttons and when she does press a button you react and punish on her recovery with your own good long-range button buffered into a special.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

You post a lot about a game you don't like, and aggressively. I hope you're ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Sade posted:

Probably therapeutic considering they were burned by it and likely bought it for 60 bucks hoping it was a good game and is now still feeling the effects of all the wasted hours playing. (I feel like this game was literally 17 bucks a few days ago too lol)

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
It's ok to feel burned by a purchase, and it's even ok to be angry at the corporate bureaucracy that allowed for the creation of Street Fighter V in its current state. It's ok to cope by screaming into the pillow - for a little while. Not for 500 posts. I wonder how many words.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Surely there is a number of posts that crosses distinctly from "criticism" to "extended tantrum".

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sade posted:

After having spent an absolutely unholy amount of time playing SF4 I was incredibly hyped for SFV to be a fresh start in a brand new SF game that improves the formula.
Too hyped for my own good as it turned out because SFV quickly turned into my biggest video game disappointment ever over the course of the 100 hours that I did play it.

Sade posted:

It's ok to feel burned by a purchase, and it's even ok to be angry at the corporate bureaucracy that allowed for the creation of Street Fighter V in its current state. It's ok to cope by screaming into the pillow - for a little while. Not for 500 posts. I wonder how many words.

You're not my dad.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if someone asks an actual question i think its cool to answer their question even if many of us do not like this game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

anime was right posted:

if someone asks an actual question i think its cool to answer their question even if many of us do not like this game.

Cool beans. I'm not stopping anyone from giving an actual answer.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Jack Trades posted:

Cool beans. I'm not stopping anyone from giving an actual answer.

yes, but you are kind of aggressively and constantly threadshitting.

We get it, you don't like the video game. I don't even think it's great either, but jfc man give it a break.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bleck posted:

Surely there is a number of posts that crosses distinctly from "criticism" to "extended tantrum".

I think like 3 or so.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

In Training posted:

I think like 3 or so.

My posts are in fact under 3% of this whole thread.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I mean just talk about the game and ignore him i guess?

issue is there is nothing to talk about.

Akuma is coming,

Pro cup is coming and it will likely be the same 5 characters ad nausem.

We're unlikely to see any upsets.

The only thing to look forward to is to see how extremely they change the status quo for season 2.

it was nice to have sf alongside my anime fighters, but right now I'm left without something there so :shrug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is urien good enough for a top 8 showing or are we gonna see all nash and chun with a token vega and shoto again?

i would like to see infiltration lose to someone with a lot of heart at cpt. or see him utterly dominate again and throw out more sick burns. either is good.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Real hurthling! posted:

is urien good enough for a top 8 showing or are we gonna see all nash and chun with a token vega and shoto again?

i would like to see infiltration lose to someone with a lot of heart at cpt. or see him utterly dominate again and throw out more sick burns. either is good.

I don't expect him to show up in the CPT finals, but I think that's more a function of his newness than anything else. RB has been doing incredible things with Urien.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maximillian Dood (tm) put out a video to his jillion subscribers where he calls sfv lame and requests a bunch of common sense basic poo poo that is broken in the game to be fixed so hopefully there will be more casual players complaining about it
AA jabs ruining the game
limited combo routes making it boring
Input lag being higher than most other games
Loading/waiting for matches ruining the experience of playing the game, comparing it to pokken's instant menus/matching
lack of arcade/hidden bosses and other surprises that make the game replayable for casual players

he doesn't go beyond that into anything more meaningful or original like i've seen on the forums in some great posts by you all but if the game is going to get a second year as i'm sure we will find out after cpt i will be happy if there's a louder hate train for it with his fans joining in to say they didn't actually fix the game play experience.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
AA Jabs own though.

(play Alpha 2)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alpha 2 is pretty fun

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I don't necessarily mind anti air jabs, but not when you give already really strong characters really easy anti-air options. Ryu and Necalli spring out as two high tiers that absolutely should not have such easy anti airs when they already have fantastic everything else compared to the rest of the cast.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

imo scrub opinion it feels like certain characters benefit from aa jabs much more than others and the game already has a problem with diversity of characters played.

i've had a bunch of good looking jump ins elbowed or light kicked then, dashed under and combo'd into CA and its like i think good players start dummy accounts and just troll me in super bronze league for practice

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 21, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/yqdcmj.webm

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

remember when this thread was good?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SectumSempra posted:

That was pretty great. Not gonna lie.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

SectumSempra posted:

yah it was before the game was released

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i liked it when the people who were into the game posted in here

now they don't

so now it's a boring dead thread

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

General Morden posted:

now they don't

I don't think people like that exist anymore. Other than a few handful of weirdos on r/StreetFighter.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

General Morden posted:

now they don't
there aren't any people who are into this game anymore

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
There's a lot going on in SFV that I can like, but Capcom has ruined the game for me. Sorry.

Watching Daigo and Tokido pull their hair out over Guile recently has rekindled that a bit for me, but I'm still mostly done with this game.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

There's a lot going on in SFV that I can like, but Capcom has ruined the game for me. Sorry.

Watching Daigo and Tokido pull their hair out over Guile recently has rekindled that a bit for me, but I'm still mostly done with this game.

It's okay. If you want to find a sfv player to root for, go with knuckledu. He's doing well.

If you actually want to see good fgs played, check out the american and japanese streams of Xrd, which are really good.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Booyah- posted:

It's okay. If you want to find a sfv player to root for, go with knuckledu. He's doing well.

If you actually want to see good fgs played, check out the american and japanese streams of Xrd, which are really good.

Guilty Gear has nothing I want. Go ply your wares elsewhere.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
uniel is pretty good in a hypothetical universe where anyone outside japan plays it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
XrdRev confuses the gently caress out of me but Ramlethal has my heart sort of like FANG does in this game. If it wasn't for her/him and some fun mechanics they have I wouldn't be playing Rev/SFV.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
I'm still having fun with this game, but it's mostly because Urien is incredibly fun to play. He has good walkspeed, excellent pokes and buttons that feel good, and aegis setups are actually pretty easy to pickup (the resets are much more difficult, of course).

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

General Morden posted:

now they don't

We made it through 7 years of people hating SF4 but posting about it anyway, we can make it through this

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I can't quit speedo Urien even though I lose all the time with him.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

mango sentinel posted:

We made it through 7 years of people hating SF4 but posting about it anyway, we can make it through this

sf5 makes sf4 look like a masterpiece

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Zand posted:

sf5 makes sf4 look like a masterpiece

I keep saying the joke was we'd look back on SF4 with fond memories because we're all a bunch of complainy poo poo-bitches, but the joke is that it actually did happen and it's actually b.c. SF5 is just terrible.

I also don't have many fond memories out of 4, but it produced some good EVO matches.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Faffel posted:

I keep saying the joke was we'd look back on SF4 with fond memories because we're all a bunch of complainy poo poo-bitches, but the joke is that it actually did happen and it's actually b.c. SF5 is just terrible.

I also don't have many fond memories out of 4, but it produced some good EVO matches.

the initial leadup and experience in the early days of 4 was genuinely quite nice. the way capcom marketed and distributed the game made it a lot more exciting as a westerner because as a hardcore player it was a dripfeed of playing and info in the days where media sharing was more difficult and less commonplace, smart phones were not in every pocket, etc. it was also after a several year lull and a pretty serious drought of mainstream games people wanted to play. i have fond memories of sf4 not because sf4 turned out to be a great game, but because the excitement surrounding the game and the experience of first learning it was wholly different than sfv. it was in an era where mystery was still a thing for a product people were wayyyyyyyyy more excited for.

this was in the era where fgs were still growing out of grime. there were no esports. everything was mostly run by randos with a lot of passion. a lot of the events were manufactured, but the enthusiasm wasn't people seeing the money train come in. people just wanted to play sf4 and we were all drinking and sitting in tiny rooms in queens learning the mechanics together.

i remember standing in line for a few hours just to play sf4 in a basement venue and in retrospect i still enjoyed that. now, idk, there was a beta test i guess.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 21, 2016

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I'm holding on to the tiny chance that Capcom will make a new Vs game and maybe not gently caress it up like they did SFV. Capcom Vs Capcom? Vs Nintendo? Vs SNK3? Vs Marvel 4? I'd love any of those.

Like someone else mentioned, Urien is literally the only reason I still play this game. He really feels out of place in SFV. He has grown man normals, good specials and even some sick setups and mixups. I would have dropped this game months ago if not for Urien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

there aren't any people who are into this game anymore

remember when cams posted in here