Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Anderron Shi posted:

Sorry man I've been really busy...nothing really jumps out at me though.

I was assuming draft picks in any trade. The question is whether you would be willing to move one of them for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
AJ Green nooooooo! I never get to see the healthy version of my team :(.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Anderson Shi and/or Azhais. I understand my team is hot garbage. I understand that it would cost draft picks to make a trade. What I don't understand is why you guys won't answer my PMs. :argh:

poo poo, if anyone is willing to trade running backs, talk to me.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Bernard tore his ACL, gently caress, gently caress, leading my division but championship hopes are dimming.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Sataere posted:

Anderson Shi and/or Azhais. I understand my team is hot garbage. I understand that it would cost draft picks to make a trade. What I don't understand is why you guys won't answer my PMs. :argh:

I can trade them, I just can't trade good ones

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Sataere posted:

I sent you a trade offer for your RB.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Sataere posted:

I told you why.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Anderron Shi posted:

I told you why.

I saw that, but I was wondering if draft picks wouldn't make something work. I know nothing jumped out at you, but I was trying to see if I could make something happen.

Nawid posted:

I sent you a trade offer for your RB.

You understand that I am looking for running backs, not hoping to give my only functional one away. Check your PMs

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alucard posted:

I can trade them, I just can't trade good ones

Your running backs look pretty good for next year

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Yeah I just have to take a bath this year though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Look at my team if you want to feel better. I was really high on Treadwell and I am very nervous that he is going to be a complete bust. My running backs are atrocious. Like, I don't even know how I have managed to win games this year, my roster is so bad. I am excited for next year though. I think I finally understand how dynasty works, which I didn't when I gave Beer a 1st and 2nd for Cameron Jordan and Christine Michael.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The worst 9-2 team.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Let's talk about how I'm 3-7 but have a .527 all-play record.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I'm sorry if I came off as rude sataere but law school finals etc etc and I'm stretched super thin...long story short don't go to law school don't even think about it

Also ive never done any trading with draft picks so not really sure how to value them against players and things of that nature

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Oh my god this game right now

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Anderron Shi posted:

I'm sorry if I came off as rude sataere but law school finals etc etc and I'm stretched super thin...long story short don't go to law school don't even think about it

Also ive never done any trading with draft picks so not really sure how to value them against players and things of that nature

It's all good. I tend to use dynasty calculator to get a baseline, then go on feel. You would know just as much as me, since you've been doing this longer.

I'm just trying to find an RB that I can trot out that is actually startable this year. If you aren't comfortable with trading for picks, I understand. I'm gonna shoot you a pm and detail what I was thinking.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

Oh my god this game right now

Raiders biiiitch!

Also yeah it sucks that Beer is getting a playoff spot and either me, Papes, or lovely Diaper are not.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Most important fantasy game of the season for me and my TE1 is not likely to play, my WR1 died last week, and my RB1 has a concussion. Come on, bullshit luck, give Dez 3 TDs.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm open to forsaking my potential this year if you're willing to forsake your future as a franchise.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I don't know what happened that led to Papes benching David Johnson, but bless the world.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The fourth playoff spot is for the guy with the most points-for who didn't win his division, right?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Anderron Shi posted:

The fourth playoff spot is for the guy with the most points-for who didn't win his division, right?

Yup

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Nawid posted:

I don't know what happened that led to Papes benching David Johnson, but bless the world.

Say what? This morning I benched duke johnson for Chris ivory. Or so I thought....

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Well, glad my playoff chances just went down the toilet due to misusing the worst user interface on the internet.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Papes posted:

Well, glad my playoff chances just went down the toilet due to misusing the worst user interface on the internet.

Not really. You are still in the thick of it for the wild card. It'll be between you and Anderson Shi. You lost your points advantage though.

Azhais, check your PMs! :argh:

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Papes posted:

To be fair, I probably won anyway (depends on tonight), and I definitely would've won anyway had I not started Gronk.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Nawid posted:

To be fair, I probably won anyway (depends on tonight), and I definitely would've won anyway had I not started Gronk.

No doubt, but the 20 points I lost puts me behind the 8 ball in the points race.

Hopefully Sammy Watkins can be godly down the stretch.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
That Rob Kelley for Dion Lewis switch up was slick.

When is the trade deadline btw? I think I'm keeping my roster for the rest of the season, but I'm going to offload some of my good players as soon as the season ends.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Nawid posted:

That Rob Kelley for Dion Lewis switch up was slick.

When is the trade deadline btw? I think I'm keeping my roster for the rest of the season, but I'm going to offload some of my good players as soon as the season ends.

Thanks. I'm still not sure trading Kelley was the right move long-term. There is a 50/50 chance he ends up being the lead back next year, but they also have Marshall in the wings. The problem is that I like Kelley as a runner, but I don't love him. If he looked like Howard running, I never would've traded him.

I think he beasts out the rest of the year and wish you the best. I still need a second running back for the rest of the season. As it stands, it'll take a miracle for me to get the number one pick. But I like my chances,if building a strong team going forward.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Sataere posted:

Thanks. I'm still not sure trading Kelley was the right move long-term. There is a 50/50 chance he ends up being the lead back next year, but they also have Marshall in the wings. The problem is that I like Kelley as a runner, but I don't love him. If he looked like Howard running, I never would've traded him.

I think he beasts out the rest of the year and wish you the best. I still need a second running back for the rest of the season. As it stands, it'll take a miracle for me to get the number one pick. But I like my chances,if building a strong team going forward.

I think he won't start next year, a pure win now move for me.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Thank god, I play Sataere the week where everyone on my team died.

RIP Gronk, AJ Green, Gio, JMatt.

I don't see myself winning the championship without Gronk AND AJ Green so hopefully Green is back in two weeks.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Nawid posted:

Thank god, I play Sataere the week where everyone on my team died.

RIP Gronk, AJ Green, Gio, JMatt.

I don't see myself winning the championship without Gronk AND AJ Green so hopefully Green is back in two weeks.

This hurts my feelings. :(

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging

Sataere posted:

This hurts my feelings. :(

I know free agency is a wasteland but you have an open roster spot as well as an open IR spot that could be another roster spot. FYI.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How the gently caress do I keep winning.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How the gently caress do I keep winning.

It's some serious BS and you being in the playoffs instead of Papes is a crime.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I still have a slim shot, but I feel pretty good about being top 3 in points scored without Keenan Allen or Watkins all year.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
My team is doing really well now that I have no chance of being in the playoffs.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

OhSnapGangsta posted:

I know free agency is a wasteland but you have an open roster spot as well as an open IR spot that could be another roster spot. FYI.

I have been active. I have just mostly picked wrong. The IR spot just opened up. I don't think I have an extra roster spot.

FAKE EDIT: loving son of a bitch, I did have a spot.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

i have actually improved my team this year. This makes a change for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Jeez, I went from the best team (or at least very close) to the worst team in the league the past two weeks. Unless AJ Green comes back, I am hosed for playoffs

Goddamn injuries.

• Locked thread