Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

I can do it. Friend code is 2836 0545 8951.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How many generations until we get a pokemon that evolves when you heal it at a Pokemon Center? They're not branching out enough with conditions that aren't "level in an endgame area" or "level unreasonably high", dammit.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How many generations until we get a pokemon that evolves when you heal it at a Pokemon Center? They're not branching out enough with conditions that aren't "level in an endgame area" or "level unreasonably high", dammit.
I still want an ghost-type eeveelution that evolves if it levels while fainted.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
First try at the alleged ripple, first call for help from the Corsola, caught a Mareanie

It has Merciless

Am I... a wizard? Did I accidentally make a deal with Satan?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if you want the freest elo of your life use Mega Pinsir on ladder. it bodies the entire meta right now

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress I haven't run into a Grubbin once and I have every non-SOS 'mon on route 4 aaaaaa kill me

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Inflammatory posted:

Cool. I've added you.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I just hit the Elite 4 and my team is actually quite underleveled due to me constantly switching people in and out. Are my only grinding options wild pokemon on the "Victory Road" equivalent?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cams posted:

I just hit the Elite 4 and my team is actually quite underleveled due to me constantly switching people in and out. Are my only grinding options wild pokemon on the "Victory Road" equivalent?

buy a shitload of items. most of my team was around level 46-48 when I fought the E4 and I had to use a bunch of X-Stat boosters, revives, etc since I turned off EXP Share immediately. felt really good to beat though and I didn't have to go back and grind.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

leftist heap posted:

Holy gently caress I haven't run into a Grubbin once and I have every non-SOS 'mon on route 4 aaaaaa kill me
I stepped in a single patch of grass and caught it instantly.

I also fished up a Feebas in one try at a spot I didn't know had Feebas.

...stealth brag :shobon:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Inflammatory posted:

Hey friend wanna do me too?
1177-9741-5009

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yep yep also dude is starting to take hits and keep going don't even care anymore that he still has one digit speed.

When I fought the Kahuna on the first island, Munchlax used Happy Hour and immediately got the poo poo wrecked out of him by an incredibly unexpected Z-Fighting Move. I was a bit over-leveled though, so Munchlax hung on with like eight HP. It was when I simultaneously realized Munch was the poo poo and that this game was not kidding around anymore.

I was immensely proud of him, especially because he's named "Heart" after the guy from Fist of the North Star who famously takes a shitload of hits and dies, and he did not do that. Good boy, Heart.

grilldos posted:

Are you keeping him from evolving?
Oh no! He's a Snorlax now, I'm just only on the second island so it's a recent change.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i cant find this lovely stuffed animal bear

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

RC Cola posted:

Hey friend wanna do me too?
1177-9741-5009

Sure. And maybe someone can tell me how this works, because I can't find a friends option for trading.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Minior feels so good to use. Shell Smash while it has high defenses and when it changes to its offensive form wipe the floor with the enemy.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
My festival plaza has continued to stay empty and I have no idea why. Has anyone else encountered this?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Inflammatory posted:

Sure. And maybe someone can tell me how this works, because I can't find a friends option for trading.

Same here. My guy is called Dade Stoom.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Inflammatory posted:

Friends will show up in your Plaza along with the mess of other people who show up there, add them to your VIP list and they'll always be there, and you can choose to link trade them

It's a little awkward though, imo.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I'm rc cola in game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Like you're not naming your owl Robin Hoot anyway.

i named it Owl

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

His name is Owliver Queen. After five years on an island region, he's returned to Unova for one reason: To save his city.

MECHARL WINSLOW
Mar 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Chaining for a level 10 Salamence, got a shiny Bagon instead. I'll take it.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Inflammatory posted:

You may need to hit the Internet button in the bottom left

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Now to box my charjabug boltle until endgame so I can evolve him :sigh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so I find myself gravitating toward pokemon that I'm familiar with

i've done a few trials and i'm about level 30. what are pokemon that may be newer that are pretty good that I could try

I'm really wanting a decent fire type, water type, or electric type

right now I've got evolved grass starter, snorlax, kadabra, eevee, magmy, and something else

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Obligatum VII posted:

Salazzle feels like it's basically stuck with life orb or choice specs in order to present a credible threat. Probably better off with the specs. Were you finding that even with that it was not capable of providing a sufficient threat?

Yeah Salazzle strikes me as a lot like Heliolisk; her time in the meta might come but it is not this early. No one knows what she's any good at, and with so many threats carrying Earthquake it seems like she's just...not gonna find a niche anywhere higher than RU (or NU, whichever is higher). MAYBE UU if she's lucky.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Blaziken386 posted:

I still want an ghost-type eeveelution that evolves if it levels while fainted.

i don't think an evolution should require a rare candy, but that is a nice concept

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

that ivy guy posted:

i don't think an evolution should require a rare candy, but that is a nice concept
Wouldn't necessarily require a rare candy. Could also be triggered by leveling up in a trainer battle and then subsequently fainting.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

RC Cola posted:

I'm rc cola in game

Found you and added you as a VIP, haven't found snot corn's dude yet.

Edit: think you need to change your settings to allow trade requests.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 21, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

good dog.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm getting really, really glad that the game vomits free healing items and pokeballs at you, because I go broke from fashion on each new island.

Also, I'm surprised at how much dancebird is pulling its weight. I originally put it on my team as filler until something cooler came along, but now I think I'll keep it. :3:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also wowzers, I just realized what a pain its going to be to get pokemon from old games

are most of the pokemon in relatively recent games? I guess old event legendaries are basically lost to me forever too

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Inflammatory posted:

Cool. When it levels up make sure it learns all the moves.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

eonwe posted:

also wowzers, I just realized what a pain its going to be to get pokemon from old games

are most of the pokemon in relatively recent games? I guess old event legendaries are basically lost to me forever too

anything you have in gen 5 or 6 you'll be able to get in... january, i think? when the pokemon bank gets updated. gen 1 support will be added too.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
They're on the tail end of a year of giving you (almost?) every event legendary for free in gamestop/wi-fi events, you just have bad timing.

Since the giveaways are so recent you might have less trouble finding someone willing to give you one, at least.

e: Also, if you want to add a 3DS friend to your plaza, go in the castle and talk to the pager NPC(back left). You can scroll to your friends list and pick from there, instead of hoping your friend shows up randomly.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MECHARL WINSLOW posted:

Chaining for a level 10 Salamence, got a shiny Bagon instead. I'll take it.
Where is Bagon?

e: and yes I believe every single legendary has been given out this year, except one: I started caring in June and I got everything but loving Diancie, which was in 2015 and hasn't gotten a second round unlike Hoopa.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

Where and how? And I don't see you on here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haifisch posted:

They're on the tail end of a year of giving you (almost?) every event legendary for free in gamestop/wi-fi events, you just have bad timing.

Since the giveaways are so recent you might have less trouble finding someone willing to give you one, at least.

e: Also, if you want to add a 3DS friend to your plaza, go in the castle and talk to the pager NPC(back left). You can scroll to your friends list and pick from there, instead of hoping your friend shows up randomly.

aww

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Where is Bagon?

route 3, in the patch of grass on the right with the berry tree, south of the bridge

it's a 1% chance :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

someone awful. posted:

route 3, in the patch of grass on the right with the berry tree, south of the bridge

it's a 1% chance :(
poo poo, it's on island ONE? Well, I'll fly my rear end back there once I get Fly and get a Salamence, then! Thank you.