Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I was just outside looking at the night sky, and at the exact moment I thought how many years it has been since I saw a shooting star, a brilliant one streaked across the milky way. Its been about 8 years since I've seen one. Call me superstitious, but I won't say what I wished for.

But I can say for the first time in a long, long time I think its gonna be okay. Don't know when or where or how, but its gonna be okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I was just outside looking at the night sky, and at the exact moment I thought how many years it has been since I saw a shooting star, a brilliant one streaked across the milky way. Its been about 8 years since I've seen one. Call me superstitious, but I won't say what I wished for.

But I can say for the first time in a long, long time I think its gonna be okay. Don't know when or where or how, but its gonna be okay

:unsmith:

Just don't freeze your balls off out there.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

As much of a joke as this sounds I've blown the crotch out of both of my thermals and now the crotch of my pajama sweats that took over the duty. If anyone else is willing to send out a small package of like the tackiest what the gently caress 4 dollar goodwill sweats to wear under my work pants it'd make my life eminently more comfortable. I don't need a bazillion pairs showing up and I really do mean tacky and cheap lol. Pants size is 36W 34L

Will be there Tuesday.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Locator posted:

Will be there Tuesday.

Incredible. Thank you all for allowing me to be part of this story. Its really brought my life back and I can't put a price on how much that means to me

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just, just, :unsmith:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

So much empty quoting this.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Incredible. Thank you all for allowing me to be part of this story. Its really brought my life back and I can't put a price on how much that means to me

Mission accomplished, AI.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

steady posted:

Mission accomplished, AI.

Getting this truck on the road was always a secondary objective.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
i've done the lidless coffee between my legs coffee drive out of a muddy festival ground in a 5 speed eurovan whilst rolling ciggies for my friends if you rotate your torso correctly you can shift with your elbow as well as steering.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Thank you, for sharing. It's been a wild ride and I think we're all thrilled you're having a blast and finding yourself again. At least, I am.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Hell yeah. Remember, we're all rooting for you, always :h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Something good is coming out of this year.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Dude, I'm so glad to hear that. Also, your adventures with the truck have literally been a shining spot in an otherwise depressing few months. Keep on shining on you crazy loving bastard.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I think a big part of this is that you're doing what you love doing, and instead of getting paid a pittance for it, you're doing it out of the goodness of your heart. Makes a world of difference imo.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

14 BAR RIFF posted:

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Beach Bum posted:

Thank you, for sharing. It's been a wild ride and I think we're all thrilled you're having a blast and finding yourself again. At least, I am.

This thread :love:

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Yeah, I'm gonna come out of lurking to say I've been following 14"s adventures ever since the Honda appeared and I'm glad to see him finally happy. It's seriously heartwarming :buddy:

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

14 BAR RIFF posted:

...But I can say for the first time in a long, long time I think its gonna be okay. Don't know when or where or how, but its gonna be okay

... and if you ever doubt this again remember that both of your parents and a whole host of internet strangers have been and will always tell you the same thing (even when some scream turn back). Hope you find yourself, finding yourself out there, get your poo poo cleaned up (as much as you want and will allow) and get on to your particular set of tracks again.

In advance - Happy Thanks Giving - and what are your plans for that particular day? You've got a meal available?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Willing to ship a box of mashed potatoes.

No, I don't mean the instant flakes.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

M.Ciaster posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna come out of lurking to say I've been following 14"s adventures ever since the Honda appeared and I'm glad to see him finally happy. It's seriously heartwarming :buddy:

Same.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Rotten Cookies posted:

Willing to ship a box of mashed potatoes.

No, I don't mean the instant flakes.

https://www.amazon.com/Potato-Pearls-Excel-Mashed-Potatoes/dp/B00513J04I
send these, they're almost indistinguishable from the the real deal, best instant mashed taters I've had.

also: 14, keep pushing, this is where it all gets better, the uphill is over, it's soon coasting time, get ready for good times.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Cached Money posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Potato-Pearls-Excel-Mashed-Potatoes/dp/B00513J04I
send these, they're almost indistinguishable from the the real deal, best instant mashed taters I've had.

also: 14, keep pushing, this is where it all gets better, the uphill is over, it's soon coasting time, get ready for good times.

I just wanted to make a visual of a box of cold mashed potatoes. Those are pretty good instant spuds.

Also, add my voice to the chorus of people wishing well and happiness for your happiness, 14.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cached Money posted:

"And it was right about there I realised I never finished the brakes. Poor Kia."

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

This is all we wanted. It'll be great to see the War Rig rolling but this.

This.

:glomp: we love you, man.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Glad you're doing well bud :)

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Lots of dust in this thread, must be why I'm tearing up!

How do we start a Patreon for 14 so he can continue his journey when the War Rig arrives in Florida? Will we need to have more projects for him to work on? Does he have to do them all in decent weather but then it starts to get bad towards the end of the project?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Broken truck fixes broken man fixes broken truck, the ai circle or life.

14 I think it's been said before but I'm glad your firemobile got you to the truck, seems like the field of vehicles has been just what you needed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What's left to be done on the war rig? I saw the drive train seems to be together and you were working on the harness. So, complete electrical, then... brakes and tires? Anything else? Suspension maybe?

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

n/m

TheShazbot fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 21, 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I don't know anything about cars. I usually post in subforums where people argue about videogames and coldly compile lists.

Seriously, when Car Talk comes on, I google some of the parts they mention just to figure out what the hell they're talking about. I don't mean really complicated stuff, either, like "what size of p39 sub-thermal interocitor belt pulley bracket will fit a '94 Ranger," I mean stuff like "what is a caliper, where is it on the car, and why is it being 'stuck' a problem?"

That said, this adventure is one of the most amazing and heartwarming things I've had the pleasure of stumbling upon even if I'm clueless most of the time. I may not know what is going on in some of the photos posted of engines and stuff, but I can definitely recognize a man that's found his calling when I see one.

Stay warm, 14, and best of luck :peanut:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'm glad to see this thread has ascended to a higher purpose than showcasing my poor impulse control.

It really is amazing what just getting out and having something to do, just something to get your mind off life can do.

Best wishes Dave. The end is in sight!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 235 days!)

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm glad to see this thread has ascended to a higher purpose than showcasing my poor impulse control.

I think it's great that you gave Dave the escape from what was into a freedom of "now", which has shown him not only his self worth, but the fact that there is always still hope. Thanks to everyone who came together to help get Dave there, and special thanks to those who spent armchair time with me to find the cheapest and most reliable ways to get Dave much needed cash to get there.

Dave, I'm uprooting and moving to a bit more rural- I cannot do the work I once did, and I was never happy doing it, myself. I've got a lot of work to do- but you're welcome to hang here for a week, or a month- I doubt I'll be out of here for several months, anyhow. Congratulations on making your way forward, man. Go do what makes you happy.

bend
Dec 31, 2012
Good on you 14, and you too Sims and everyone else who's helped.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Keep going man, I feel like there's something amazing waiting for you at the end of this journey.

underlig
Sep 13, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

What could go wrong? :shepface:

14 BAR RIFF posted:

This has been the most amazing journey i have ever followed. We love you man

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Call me superstitious, but I won't say what I wished for.
Was it meth?

It was meth, wasn't it?

Keep up the good work man, glad it's been such a positive force for you.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
HELL YES JERKEY AND DUCT TAPE

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

HELL YES JERKEY AND DUCT TAPE

That isn't duct tape.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

The Locator posted:

That isn't duct tape.

yea, its a marital aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Locator posted:

That isn't duct tape.

OK fine 100mph TACTICAL TAPE