Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Alter Ego posted:

No, I want a completely addled Trump stubbornly running for reelection in 2020, against a candidate not named Hillary Clinton and with Debbie Wasserman-Schultz attached to a rocket that's speeding toward the sun.

If 2020's candidate is engaging, charismatic, and articulate? Even better.

However, I could see him resigning the office in a "gently caress you" kind of huff because he's decided he doesn't want it anymore. Trump wanted to be President the same way you or I might want a cold beer.

Mark Cuban 2020. Get in on the ground floor... comes with court side tickets if you donate at the 20k level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pixelboy posted:

Mark Cuban 2020. Get in on the ground floor... comes with court side tickets if you donate at the 20k level

I am oddly OK with this. Cuban's an actual business man and not a con artist.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

SocketWrench posted:

I dunno, watching them slowly come to understand that Obama is still in the scene leading Trump would be hysterical, the fallout would be glorious.

The tell will be how long Trump drags his feet on all of his promises. I'm sure Obama's got a line of "if any of ________ are implemented, I'm out" to keep him in line. The only question is how long until Trump believes he can actually do the job without help. I'm guessing six months before Trump's ego takes over or he pulls a GWB after a major incident and gives up any pretense of being in charge.

Trump is probably praying that Congress doesn't have a day one ACA repeal ready because if he signs it any help Obama offers is probably off the table.

C. Everett Koop posted:

The only slightly more probable scenario is that Trump becomes so overwhelmed by the position that he resigns. What makes that unlikely is that it becomes the ultimate admission of failure from a person who's built his reputation on never failing in anything in life, and living in that kind of persona surely has replaced reality in Trump's own mind.

I could see him trying it as "Here's all my Presidential signing statements/decrees to MAGA, my work here is done" and riding off to his business again. One of those "I only need 100 days to Fix America" and subtly threatening he'll run again in the next primary if they don't run with it.

stillvisions fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 18, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Sometimes freep embraces unsubstantiated rumors instead of dismisses them. Especially when they're loving terrifying.

From Trump set to make Mike Huckabee ambassador to Israel and move U.S. embassy to Jerusalem posted by freeper RoosterRedux

Commence the Israeli circlejerk!

quote:

To: RoosterRedux

Go Trump! Praise The God Almighty!!!

5 posted on 11/18/2016, 10:53:12 AM by Bellflower (Dems = Mat 6:23 ....If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!)

quote:

Huckabee will have a big target on his back. If the embassy really moves to Jerusalem, he could seriously be at risk of dying for his country. Any potential ambassador would be.

God bless him, or whoever takes the job. Prayers up for that person.

6 posted on 11/18/2016, 10:53:54 AM by married21 ( As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.)

quote:

their ‘peaceful’ muzzie neighbors already declared that if this happened they would declare outright war. Calling their bluff here?

10 posted on 11/18/2016, 10:54:39 AM by Samurai_Jack (War is cruelty, there is no use trying to reform it; the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.)

quote:

“beginning with relocating America’s embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.”

THAT is a very cold slap in the face of the Muslim that will soon be moving out of our White House. I LOVE IT.

Hey Obama, bite me.

14 posted on 11/18/2016, 10:56:52 AM by Gator113 (~DRAIN THE SWAMP~ ~ LOCK HER UP ~ ~DRAIN THE SWAMP~ ~DRAIN THE SWAMP~ ~DRAIN THE SWAMP~)

quote:

Huckabee should make a good ambassador in Jerusalem

and he will be representing AMERICA, not a foreign infiltrator enemy of USA (and Israel, for that matter)

the next step is to see who Mr Trump appoints to be our Sec of State. If he can find someone with the strength and determination to CLEAN IT UP (and get all the Nazi types OUT of the Snake Dept!)
.... SUPER DUPER!
Clean it all up, Donald!
Go Donald!

31 posted on 11/18/2016, 11:10:36 AM by faithhopecharity ("Politicians are not born. They're excreted." Marcus Tullius Cicero.)

quote:

That is what we deplorables out here in the middle of flyover nowhere refer to as a “bitchslap” of epic proportions.

Let the rabid knuckledragging muslims rattle their sabres.

33 posted on 11/18/2016, 11:14:16 AM by factoryrat (We reserve the producers, the creators. Grow it, mine it, build it.)

quote:

To: ColdOne

It just dawned on me. The Left would like the whole country to be one giant safe space where opposing thought is banned for fear of hurting the feelings of the protected classes. Sweet, smiling,... fascism.

39 posted on 11/18/2016, 11:19:59 AM by WKTimpco
... says the person posting on a forum where all opposing thoughts are banned.

quote:

He couldn’t find a nice Jewish boy to be ambassador?

Well, maybe not in the US—most politically connected Jews are Democrats!

45 posted on 11/18/2016, 11:39:27 AM by Pearls Before Swine

It took until the bottom of the page before someone pointed out that this is just a rumor.

quote:

To: Pride in the USA

This is an interesting rumor. Perhaps one to keep an eye on.

50 posted on 11/18/2016, 11:52:51 AM by lonevoice (diagonally parked in a parallel universe)

quote:

To: Blue Turtle

I laugh at LIB fecklessness and somewhat enjoy their angst. Bwaaaaahahaha. MAGA.

53 posted on 11/18/2016, 12:24:10 PM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?.)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Maybe in Israel drinking gravy with your meals is less frowned upon.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

That said and regardless of that connection, the US needs to restore its former friendly relations with Turkey and prevent it from going radical Islam. The only way to do that is through engagement.
I keep remembering that Turkey is a member of NATO and was a key Cold War ally.
32 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:35:42 AM by xzins
Remember when "diplomacy" was for pussies? Oh and when trump said he might not stand by our NATO allies for reasons?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Duke Igthorn posted:

Remember when "diplomacy" was for pussies? Oh and when trump said he might not stand by our NATO allies for reasons?

Hey, he had reasons.

The reasons were because they weren't paying 'their fair share' as determined by him.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Goddamnit, freep. Listed in creation order: There was no "harassment" by the cast. Pence got booed by the audience. At the end of the performance, a cast member made a short statement calling for unity and justice and whatever the gently caress, it was moderate as hell and was basically asked Pence to not be the bigoted dumbshit that he's shown himself to be. He allegedly walked out in the middle of that statement (or was in the middle of trying to walk out as the cast took their bows).

Not only has the RWM made this a loving fiasco, freep made 900 posts about it.

So, once again, goddamnit freep. I'm not covering any of that poo poo, someone else is more than welcome to.

e: Actually there are some people in the 275 reply thread that are upset at Trump making a mountain out of this molehill so that might be interesting. Still not doing it.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 20, 2016

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Aw poor widdle baby pence needs a safe space so his fee-fees aren't hurt

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

So what you're telling me is that Pence melted the gently caress down when asked to change a fundamental part of himself

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
No, what he's saying is Trump melted the gently caress down when Pence was asked to change a fundamental part of himself

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/799972624713420804
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/799974635274194947

The 45th president of the United States, everyone.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

John Wilkes Booth I summon thee to smite an orange Mussolini.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
There's a pretty decent chance that Trump specifically cried poo poo on this one and magnified it because it's hiding the far more damaging stuff coming out about Trump University.

I'm personally all for pain and pressure on Pence, because he's leagues worse than Trump, but that's totally what's going on.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Nah, he tweeted lies about that already. How he settled a case he was going to bigly win and that he had to because the future president should be concentrating on being president...you know, while hawking property deals to foreign diplomats invited because he's the president.

McGlockenshire posted:

Goddamnit, freep. Listed in creation order: There was no "harassment" by the cast. Pence got booed by the audience. At the end of the performance, a cast member made a short statement calling for unity and justice and whatever the gently caress, it was moderate as hell and was basically asked Pence to not be the bigoted dumbshit that he's shown himself to be. He allegedly walked out in the middle of that statement (or was in the middle of trying to walk out as the cast took their bows).

Not only has the RWM made this a loving fiasco, freep made 900 posts about it.

So, once again, goddamnit freep. I'm not covering any of that poo poo, someone else is more than welcome to.

e: Actually there are some people in the 275 reply thread that are upset at Trump making a mountain out of this molehill so that might be interesting. Still not doing it.

I'm sure we know the majority of replies

"W@ah, lieberals need to suck it up and just accept it" because freedom of speech only applies to those that agree with freep.

Shugojin posted:

So what you're telling me is that Pence melted the gently caress down when asked to change a fundamental part of himself

Pence didn't do poo poo, he left. Donald and his wacko followers however melted the gently caress down and cried like spoiled children because people dared to not lay down in the street
For all they bitch that these protests are whiny losers, they sure cry at the drop of a hat whenever something doesn't go their way

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 20, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Donald Trump, Rival Mitt Romney Have 'Great' Meeting as Trump Races to Fill Cabinet posted by freeper mdittmar

quote:

To: mdittmar

Just tweeted Donald JR.

SS is fourth in Succession line, NO ROMENY

4 posted on 11/19/2016, 12:16:07 PM by The_Republic_Of_Maine (politicians beware)

quote:

George W. Bush allowed Democrats and Leftist Republicans to serve during his administration.

Please think about how that worked out.

Mitt is a moderate. We tried moderates. It was an utter catastrophe, and ushered in one Barack Hussein Obama.

Anyone want to try THAT again?

9 posted on 11/19/2016, 12:22:25 PM by DoughtyOne (jcon40, "Are we be coming into the age of Sanity?")

This is rapidly becoming insufferable.

quote:

To: chris37

It is best not to put much stock in fake news sites like NBC.

10 posted on 11/19/2016, 12:23:16 PM by xzins

quote:

Notice DONALD TRUMP’S Alpha male power handshake.

11 posted on 11/19/2016, 12:23:39 PM by stars & stripes forever (Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. Psalm 33:12)

Oh man, they are out of touch.

quote:

Not going to worry about this. The thing with Trump is that he doesn’t hold grudges. This meeting was simply to bury the hatchet.

35 posted on 11/19/2016, 1:05:53 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (17 years of FReeping! Man I'm getting old!)

Lots and lots of this, by the way.

quote:

Put Mittens in charge of fixing the VA...

He is made for the job...

43 posted on 11/19/2016, 1:14:41 PM by Popman

quote:

Yeah, the NY SLIMES and NBC News I won’t believe. I trust DJT’s tweets more than both of these liberal fascist cabals combined.

46 posted on 11/19/2016, 1:22:07 PM by SoFloFreeper

quote:

To: dragnet2

Is this all just the most amazing thing you have ever witnessed? For a moment, I thought we’d be able to breath once he’d won!!! See, I’m still naive! I’m hanging on to the idea that many Americans have woken up to the reality some of us have been yammering about for decades. WE have to find a away to stop this media from playing with the truth/language and controlling this debate.

hxxp://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/18/poll-public-backs-trump-immigration-pause/

53 posted on 11/19/2016, 1:34:06 PM by AuntB (Trump is our Ben Franklin - Brilliant, Boisterous, Brave and ALL AMERICAN!)

You can't make this poo poo up.

quote:

To: mountainfolk

We saw a number of people who loathed Christ, even enough to send Him to Calvary, who believed afterwards.

It was then only the devil who was calling them committed enemies. Christ, personally, did not.

Even His own disciples had a hard time here.

The reason I speak this way is because we have a pretty obvious example of what bible theologians call a “figure of Christ” in Donald Trump.
Many aspects of the character of the Lord are now playing out in this sinner’s life, and it’s all due to the grace of God. It’s good that Trump, not you or even me, is the police over who deals with him and how in the future, now that he has the catbird seat.

56 posted on 11/19/2016, 1:37:19 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

quote:

To: AuntB

You think Donald, on the roll he is on now, is going to now be stymied by a bunch of losers in Soros paid press bureaus?

I don’t think so.

57 posted on 11/19/2016, 1:38:56 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

quote:

To: HiTech RedNeck

I cannot wait until his first press conference after he’s in office. He should just yell, IRRELEVANT to their stupid questions and ban them for a month until they can ask informed questions.

61 posted on 11/19/2016, 1:43:19 PM by AuntB (Trump is our Ben Franklin - Brilliant, Boisterous, Brave and ALL AMERICAN!)

Honestly, I was shocked at how many freepers were actually fine with the concept of having Romney run the VA. Most didn't approve of any other role. There was very little complete utter hate for Romney, but when there was ...

quote:

To: stars & stripes forever

BINGO!! Mitt is an BETA MALE!!! A RICH BETA MALE that thought he could INSULT his way to DEFEATING the ALPHA MALE, TRUMP!!! GO AWAY , MITTENS!!

91 posted on 11/19/2016, 4:13:47 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

as a person who owns a pickup with an 18 inch lift, owns a few dozen firearms and calls everone i dont like a cuck, let me tell you how concerned i am about politicians acting like alpha males

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Mustached Demon posted:

I am oddly OK with this. Cuban's an actual business man and not a con artist.

What's the difference?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Trump Sends Bannon to HAMILTON tonight: Trolling the Libtards!

Hahaha he's still mad about this!

quote:

To: TigerClaws

NO!! Stay away from that CRACKHEAD LOSER! He is CERTIFIABLE!

2 posted on 11/20/2016 3:29:17 AM PST by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

THIS is how you fight back against liberalism.

For years the party just rolled over and tried to make nice with a group who never would. No more.

3 posted on 11/20/2016 3:29:26 AM PST by Red in Blue PA (war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength, obama loves America)

quote:

Donald Trump is the only President-elect whose campaign I sent money to. So far, he's been worth every penny!

God, I love this guy!

4 posted on 11/20/2016 3:29:42 AM PST by Drew68

quote:

How do you know Trump sent him? He could have had tickets for awhile now. They’re hard to get and have been sold out for months.

Notice they didn’t say or do anything to Bannon, who by the way, is really the reason there is a President Elect Donald Trump.
You would think Bannon would be seen as worst than Pence to these morons.

8 posted on 11/20/2016 3:30:31 AM PST by snarkytart

23rd Dimentional Chess!

quote:

To: snarkytart

How do I know Trump sent him?

Because Trump is the GOAT troll.

And this is 23D chess trolling.

12 posted on 11/20/2016 3:40:33 AM PST by TigerClaws
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

How do I know Trump sent him

Or maybe Trump fans are learning to use humor in their counterpunches, from the master of it.

Around these parts, here's an example. So many women were clinging to hillary for any excuse, one of them being that Trump says stupid stuff about women to other guys in private. Well, then hillary brought Beyoncé and JayZ to the CLE and was on stage, embracing their music. How many of us passed out lyrics of JayZ and Beyoncé songs to our friends?....nobody had to tell us to do that.

15 posted on 11/20/2016 3:52:01 AM PST by grania
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Good grief they're even starting to talk like Trump.

quote:

To: TigerClaws; DoodleDawg

Doodle Dawg, who criticized Trump/Pence supporters for protesting this homo show on another thread, must be so bitterly disappointed: Team Trump has counterpunched his lefty teammates into both silence and submission by deploying Bannon in the battlefield.

23 posted on 11/20/2016 4:22:14 AM PST by Vision Thing (You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same...)

quote:

Tomorrow I hope he sends Kellyanne Conway.

The next night, Ann Coulter.

Then, Jerry Falwell Jr.

After that, Sheriff Richard Clarke.

25 posted on 11/20/2016 4:24:12 AM PST by SoFloFreeper

quote:

So if enough Trump administration appointments attend this anti-white production, maybe the liberals will want to cancel future performances. Apparently the producer did not connect the results of the Dixie Chicks to what might happen to his little production.

And why do I say the production is anti-white? Because of the casting call which indicated that they only wanted non-white auditioneers. That is bigoted. And the only white person on stage is portraying King George of England, so obviously the bigoted racist producer wanted to portray white people in a bad light. Bigots need to be called out; Truth To Power!

30 posted on 11/20/2016 4:25:58 AM PST by Bernard (The Road To Hell Is Not Paved With Good Results)

quote:

To: Drew68

He should send David Duke and Dannye Williams.

31 posted on 11/20/2016 4:25:59 AM PST by DIRTYSECRET (urope. Why do they put up with this.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

quote:

To: windsorknot

Stevie Van Zandt (the actor/rocker from Springsteen’s band) actually tweeted that what happened to Pence was BULLYING. Can you believe it?

Winning!

35 posted on 11/20/2016 4:27:28 AM PST by austinaero
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #40 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: SoFloFreeper

Let’s do it!

Those bitter homos will clutch their pearls and faint on their couches.

42 posted on 11/20/2016 4:34:56 AM PST by Vision Thing (You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

quote:

ENJOY THE IRONY that the Vice President-elect was lectured by the cast of a play honoring the author of our Electoral College..he he

49 posted on 11/20/2016 4:46:53 AM PST by hawg-farmer - FR..October 1998 (VMFA 235 '69-'72 KMCAS)

quote:

Has he gone or is he going?

Either way, I hope he stood/stands up and went/goes full unPC.

61 posted on 11/20/2016 5:13:42 AM PST by Hostage (ARTICLE V):)

quote:

To: mewzilla

With Trumps money—
I would buy out the flipping theater- then only give out tickets to the front row, and fill it with rude teenagers whom you have paid to blow bubbles and pop their gun- giggle and play on their phones the whole time......

66 posted on 11/20/2016 5:30:02 AM PST by eeevil conservative (GIVE ME A PLACE TO STAND AND I WILL MOVE THE thatEARTH....Archimedes)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

quote:

To: NIKK

Those lefties need to learn that they’re not dealing with your normal say-nothing, be nice, appeasing Republican. I love that The Donald gives it right back. I wonder who is attending “Hamilton” next lol.

79 posted on 11/20/2016 6:25:59 AM PST by JudyinCanada
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 75 | View Replies]

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Goddamn, they loving won the election and we're still getting a good crop of tears.

I dunno what's dumber, having a shitfit over that speech Pence walked out on or the belief sending republicans to watch the play is somehow trolling or going to really do anything

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Have they commented yet on their big shout-out in the New York Times article about How Fake News Spreads?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

So...wait. In order to get back at the Hamilton crew and the audience, the ultimate troll is to...buy lots of tickets and send lots of people from his administration? Why yes, I'm sure they'll be just brokenhearted that you're giving them more money, that'll show them!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

kartikeya posted:

So...wait. In order to get back at the Hamilton crew and the audience, the ultimate troll is to...buy lots of tickets and send lots of people from his administration? Why yes, I'm sure they'll be just brokenhearted that you're giving them more money, that'll show them!

I don't think Hamilton has a problem filling seats.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

I don't think Hamilton has a problem filling seats.

Not at all, which is why a boycott is also laughable, I just love how their 'master troll' is to keep giving them money. :allears: Maybe Trump can complain on Twitter about how Hamilton is lying about being constantly sold out to prevent his brilliant revenge.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

kartikeya posted:

Not at all, which is why a boycott is also laughable, I just love how their 'master troll' is to keep giving them money. :allears: Maybe Trump can complain on Twitter about how Hamilton is lying about being constantly sold out to prevent his brilliant revenge.

I hope they boycott it. People will be able to get tickets!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Smeep posted:

Have they commented yet on their big shout-out in the New York Times article about How Fake News Spreads?

Nothing so far, but given that freep has picked up the "no the MSM is the real fake news" meme, I wonder how it'll play out. In the mean time, let's make sure to spread that article far and wide.

From Pence: Romney under 'active consideration' for secretary of State posted by freeper BeadCounter

When we last left the discussion about Romney meeting with Trump, freep was mixed between a) thinking Romney would make a fine lead of the VA, or b) hating Romney and all he stood for. There were rumors in other circles that he was being considered as Secretary of State, but as we've learned lately, anything from an anonymous source in the Trump administration needs to be taken with a glass of saltwater.

This article is interesting, as the headline says that Pence says Romney is in the running for SoS and cites an interview on Fox News Sunday, but the actual body of the article does not directly quote him in a way that seems obvious. Numerous other articles do that, though, including Fox News' own site. This is probably safe to consider real.

quote:

To: BeadCounter

This is complete BS

Somebody needs to hammer a stake through this degenerate scumbags heart already, what does it take to get rid of this treacherous POS

6 posted on 11/20/2016, 7:01:38 AM by Rome2000 (SMASH THE CPUSA-SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS-CLOSE ALL MOSQUES)

quote:

I will be majorly disappointed if Romney is made Secretary of State.
Rewarding the back-stabber would feel like a stab in the back.

10 posted on 11/20/2016, 7:04:56 AM by Lurkinanloomin (Know Islam, No Peace - No Islam , Know Peace)

quote:

To: Religion and Politics

The one thing which isn’t talked about...is that Romney is a business-minded guy and can at least sit at a table and discuss the economy with world leaders (not like Hillary or any of the past five or six Secretaries of State). I also doubt that he’s bought off by the Saudis. You could do a lot worse.

16 posted on 11/20/2016, 7:10:07 AM by pepsionice

quote:

You can bet that if Romney ends up as SOS, his leash will be tended and he will either do Trump's bidding or go through the embarrassment of hearing, "You're fired!".

Lots of folks trying to second guess trump as he asserts that he will be the boss and he intends to fulfill his promises - I picture Romney kissing his ring to maintain a sense of relevance so he doesn't wash down the gutter with the other ashes of failed history...If Trump picks him there will be no misunderstanding of the terms and it will also serve to de-fang a large sector of the #NeverTrump cabal.

Trump has proven time and again that he's nobody's fool - I'm comfortable letting him make the decisions without going into a tailspin of the "what ifs"..

19 posted on 11/20/2016, 7:11:42 AM by trebb (Where in the the hell has my country gone?)

quote:

To: justlurking

Agree. Romney stepped way over the line and could have cost us the election. That is inexcusable.

As a leader, you have to show other would be rivals what happens when one works to actively undermine you.
Let Mittens have his moment with Trump to show magnanimity and then move on.

Mittens should know by now that, just like in business, when you gamble in a big way, you might lose big.

35 posted on 11/20/2016, 7:24:03 AM by Starboard

Meanwhile there's been a discussion about whether or not Bolton is better or worse than Romney.

quote:

To: OKSooner

Bolton is a bushbot neocon. He wants to invade half a dozen countries next week including Iran, Syria and Yemen. The news that Trump might pick Romney instead of Bolton came as a relief.

40 posted on 11/20/2016, 7:27:44 AM by Helicondelta (Deplorable)

quote:

To: Helicondelta

Keep your enemies close..

Bull. The Secretary Of Sate isn't a position to keep "an eye on" Romney. Romney is pure establishment who had little impact on the election even though he pulled out all the stops and rallied vehemently against Trump. If Romney does become Secretary Of State, it is because Trump and Romney share views & policies and our new direction diplomatically. This "keep your enemy's closer" meme is tired. Romney is insignificant in the larger scheme of things and has been marginalized, not needing of "watching" because...who cares?

45 posted on 11/20/2016, 7:29:50 AM by corlorde (11B3P)
Who cares? Didn't McMuffin win like 20% of the votes in Utah?

With inline typo corrections from subsequent posts.

quote:

To: trebb

Yes. We got as President the dream of my lifetime. There is no evidence at all that Trump is sellin out. To the contrary he is sticking to his principles.

He is a better negotiator than any of us. I trust him to make the right choice.
If he believes that Romney should be his Secretary of State then I will support that choice. There is no evidence of which I am aware tha Romney has an international vision that is different from that of Trump or the rest of us. I realize that his father was born in Mexico but I am not aware of Romney spouting globalist ideas.

Again, I voted for Trump. If he should pick Romney, that in itself will not cause me to lose hope in our President-elect.

53 posted on 11/20/2016, 7:37:00 AM by Piranha (Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have - Saul Alinsky)

quote:

I think this speaks very highly of President Trump.

He’s not driven by emotion or pettiness. He’s looking for people that can get the job done. And is not being vindictive.

The other side of the coin is that Mitt Romney humbled himself and immediately answered when President Trump called. He made it clear he doesn’t like Donald Trump. However, when now “President” Trump called to talk, his personal feelings were put aside.

This says a lot of good things about both men.

73 posted on 11/20/2016, 8:07:19 AM by StormPrepper

quote:

Vice President-elect Mike Pence said Sunday that Mitt Romney is under “active consideration” to serve as secretary of State in a Donald Trump administration.

HUGE MISTAKE - HUGE MISTAKE - HUGE MISTAKE - HUGE MISTAKE

87 posted on 11/20/2016, 8:31:29 AM by fortes fortuna juvat (Time for the 'TRUMP 2020' yard signs)

Back on Bolton,

quote:

To: traderrob6; Helicondelta

I agree with Helicondelta on this. Bolton did a dismal job at the UN. His job was to destroy it and he made it stronger. Bolton would be horrible as SOS.

115 posted on 11/20/2016, 10:11:51 AM by napscoordinator (Trump/Hunter, jr for President/Vice President 2016)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
It's incredible. Their guy wins and they proceed to tear themselves apart before he's even done anything.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

RagnarokAngel posted:

It's incredible. Their guy wins and they proceed to tear themselves apart before he's even done anything.
Did you really expect anything different? They elected Donald loving Trump.

From Trump Blasts 'Saturday Night Live' as 'One-Sided Biased Show,' Asks 'Equal Time for Us?' posted by freeper EveningStar

See?

quote:

To: EveningStar

Trump is beginning to overdo this kind of thing. It was one thing tweeting all the time during the campaign, but now he is President-Elect & he has better things to do.

2 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:17:48 PM by Twotone (Truth is hate to those who hate truth.)

Unfortunately that was pretty much the only person worrying about Trump in the entire goddamn thread.

quote:

Better get your own show, Donald.

The pinkos at NBC have no interest in anything other than money and anti-American propaganda.

3 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:17:49 PM by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either satire or opinion. Or both.)

quote:

Did he really say this?

6 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:19:22 PM by babble-on
Yup.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800329364986626048
Bot verified as coming from an Android device
https://twitter.com/RealRealDonaldT/status/800329366605627393

quote:

To: Twotone

I hope Trump never stops tweeting.

That practically fossilized media dinosaur Leslie asked him about it. He said can reach 28 million people so when the media is unfair he can fight back. He took his campaign message directly to the people, and with his social media reach has an great connection directly to the people.

8 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:20:17 PM by dynoman (Objectivity is the essence of intelligence. - Marilyn vos Savant)

quote:

To: EveningStar; All

Saturday Night Live has become an Alinksy propaganda machine for the left. They replace comedy with ridicule of conservatives.

They didn’t get the memo that Americans are tired of the left’s tactics and really, tired of all things leftist.

9 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:22:01 PM by Conservative Gato

Really? From last night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOb-kmOgpI

From last week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHG0ezLiVGc

quote:

Why wouldn’t he suggest?...hey why don’t we come up with an alternative to SNL?

How is this any different than a progressive wanting to legislate talk radio to force both sides of an issue covered?

Isn’t that the point in America, let the market decide what it wants?

Still don’t get why people get bent out of shape over words...LOL.

11 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:22:32 PM by surfer (To err is human, to really foul things up takes a Democrat, don't expect the GOP to have the answer!)

quote:

but now he is President-Elect & he has better things to do.

Not at all. These people need to be faced whenever it is necessary. For over 40 years they have had free reign over anyone or anything they decided to attack without even a thought to what is right.

Most of you don't remember the Tet of '68 when that icon of military expertise on CBS, Walter Cronkite, a hard, anti-American leftist, stated on national tv that America had lost the war. He didn't even know the facts.

The true fact was that the Viet Cong was thoroughly defeated. But that didn't matter because it was the message that was important, just like what the MSM is doing right now.

16 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:25:59 PM by Parmy (II don't know how to past the images.)
So, this predates me so I went to look it up. The only places making any sort of big deal about Cronkite's coverage of Vietnam are, you guessed it, the right wing media.

And then this happens.

quote:

He has a great point and important concern.

SNL has been slamming conservative principles for decades and until Trump, no one in government has stood up to SNL or other comedy programs.

So now, it is long past due that a president step-in and influence via legislation or FCC regulatory measures to make sure that White House officials approve their skits are fair and balanced.

17 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:26:22 PM by Timpanagos1 ( Ted)
On one hand, holy loving poo poo, freep.

On the other hand, it gets called out in the thread right away.

quote:

To: Timpanagos1

This is sarcasm, right?

18 posted on 11/20/2016 12:27:25 PM PST by surfer (To err is human, to really foul things up takes a Democrat, don't expect the GOP to have the answer!)

quote:

If he doesn’t pull federal funds to pbs can he fund conservative programing. Which is the minority view on tv.

22 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:28:56 PM by Leep (Winner winner chicken dinner!)

quote:

To: Conservative Gato

You’d think they’d drop the “Trump is a moron” meme now that’s he’s been shown to be smart enough to be one of a few dozen people in American history to be elected president, but no. The left creates a persona for anyone on the right, and sticks to it like the band playing as the Titanic slips into the icy waters of the North Atlantic.

25 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:30:32 PM by SoCal Pubbie
So I'm actually going to agree with freep here. Trump is not stupid. He has lots of other flaws that we can and should pick on instead.

Freeper Timpanagos1 continues,

quote:

To: surfer

The FCC has a responsibility to ensure that broadcast media provide programing that is accurate, wholesome and does not disparage American Values.

SNL, while some of their skits, such as Black Jeporady are occasionally funny, most are designed to attack our values.

If our values are under constant attack, we cannot enforce our values within our culture.

30 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:35:08 PM by Timpanagos1 ( Ted)

One freeper kinda gets about half of the problem.

quote:

Seriously. Enough. He better get used to it. I hope he knows they will never love him. And he likes to be liked.

36 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:42:42 PM by Hildy ("The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." Orwell)
The other half of the problem is that Trump seemingly can not let any criticism of him go unanswered. This weakness of his was exploited beautifully during the campaign to demonstrate exactly what kind of person he is. He's going to continue flipping his lid throughout his entire term as President, and it's going to be :allears: + :stonk: as all hell.

Meanwhile, it astounds me that freep can be so, so right in one sentence and then so, so wrong in the next.

quote:

To: Timpanagos1

Why do you think the government should do this?

This will lead to the fairness doctrine and will be used to create even more of a controlled message.

Let freedom of speech happen.

Conservatives need to come up with counter to this...NOT THE GOVERNMENT!

While he is at Trump should eliminate the FCC and 99% of the other departments that just waste our money and hurt productivity and increase the overall acceptance of mediocrity.

37 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:42:45 PM by surfer (To err is human, to really foul things up takes a Democrat, don't expect the GOP to have the answer!)

quote:

To: dynoman

I agree. He is continually saying “Hey, this garbage does not meet out standards as Americans”. It’s no different than telling one of his apprentices to tuck in his shirt or whatever.

Some people don’t like Twitter. Tough. Some people didn’t like horseless carriages either.

Some people think that communicating directly with millions of people without filtering everything through the MSM is somehow un-Presidential. Tough. It’s a new age.

39 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:43:46 PM by bigbob (We have better coverage than Verizon - Can You Hear Us Now?)
It's not the use of twitter, you blithering idiot, it's what he's saying and why he's saying it. What the hell would you be saying to Obama if he was doing the same poo poo? Christ, these people.

quote:

Totally disagree. He needs to eviscerate them even more now that he’s president, and he understands that.

He’s not going to let them use him as a punching bag like Bush did.

52 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:57:57 PM by aquila48

(((Echoes))) from a 2005 regdate

quote:

To: surfer

I don’t want the government to dictate content. I want the government to break up the (((BIG MEDIA))) eight companies that control 95% of the media. Bust them up so other voices can be heard. THAT would be the best disinfectant.

60 posted on 11/20/2016, 1:14:30 PM by ichabod1 (Make America Normal Again)

quote:

Bullshit. You sound like the many concern trolls we had on FR during the election. Trump fights. Let him never stop fighting all of these scumbags.

66 posted on 11/20/2016, 1:27:28 PM by ohioman

quote:

Trump is not afraid to fight anyone. They think they can just take potshots in their own little echo chamber without getting a response back.

67 posted on 11/20/2016, 1:30:53 PM by ari-freedom (The Social Justice War is over and we won!)

Ahahahahah what

quote:

Trump should break up the free TV networks;they don’t represent 2/3 of the country.

74 posted on 11/20/2016, 2:18:33 PM by Finalapproach29er (luke 6:38)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Don't know why Trump would want equal time to SNL, when he could have his own show instead.

poo poo, I'm pretty sure that losing his own NBC show is what sent us down this path....

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

To: EveningStar; All

Saturday Night Live has become an Alinksy propaganda machine for the left. They replace comedy with ridicule of conservatives.

They didn’t get the memo that Americans are tired of the left’s tactics and really, tired of all things leftist.

9 posted on 11/20/2016, 12:22:01 PM by Conservative Gato

Idiots. They're making fun of Trump, who is anything but a conservative, because he's the pres elect and a loving moron. This is the same show that skewered Hillary right along side and had episodes dedicated just to making fun of her. But never do I see her tweeting or bitching a little sob story about how it's not fair.
For all the "suck it up like a man" poo poo you guys boasted for years, all it took was you wining and now you all whine like toddlers

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

SocketWrench posted:

Idiots. They're making fun of Trump, who is anything but a conservative, because he's the pres elect and a loving moron. This is the same show that skewered Hillary right along side and had episodes dedicated just to making fun of her. But never do I see her tweeting or bitching a little sob story about how it's not fair.
For all the "suck it up like a man" poo poo you guys boasted for years, all it took was you wining and now you all whine like toddlers

Given his comments amount to 'Why aren't you making fun of Hillary anymore? :cry:' he really doesn't get it.

Well, Donald, you won. You're more important than she is now. People talk more about you than her. Isn't that what you wanted?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Michelle Obama Mother-in-Chief, Graces Vogue Cover posted by freeper 2ndDivisionVet

I wonder if they'll continue actively hating on Michelle after the inauguration.

quote:

To: Artemis Webb

Glad I finished dinner before reading this garbage: the Wookiee will not be missed.

4 posted on 11/20/2016, 1:43:47 PM by DownInFlames

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

"Michelle was a 44-year-old Harvard-trained lawyer with two children, married to an Harvard trained lawyer"

I didn't know that "Harvard-trained" was a synonym for "Disbarred."

Learn something new every day...

7 posted on 11/20/2016, 1:45:52 PM by shibumi (Cover it with gas and set it on fire.)
Fact check: False

quote:

quote:

Vogue will have to have a blank cover after Moo leaves the White House, because obviously they can’t think of anyone else to put on their superfluous rag.

9 posted on 11/20/2016, 1:50:22 PM by txrefugee

Right, there's nothing interesting about the homely, unstylish Trump women.

11 posted on 11/20/2016, 1:52:59 PM by Genoa (Luke 12:2)

quote:

Comment #12 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Mooch's Princeton thesis is one of the most racist document I've ever read.

14 posted on 11/20/2016, 1:56:18 PM by JoeFromSidney (,)
Here's a 2008 piece in Politico with Michelle's 1985 thesis in four parts, as a scanned PDF.

the article posted:

"My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before," the future Mrs. Obama wrote in her thesis introduction. "I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second."
[...]
The 1985 thesis provides a trove of Michelle Obama's thoughts as a young woman, with many of the paper's statements describing the student's world as seen through a race-based prism.

"In defining the concept of identification or the ability to identify with the black community," the Princeton student wrote, "I based my definition on the premise that there is a distinctive black culture very different from white culture." Other thesis statements specifically pointed to what was seen by the future Mrs. Obama as racially insensitive practices in a university system populated with mostly Caucasian educators and students: "Predominately white universities like Princeton are socially and academically designed to cater to the needs of the white students comprising the bulk of their enrollments."
[...]
Perhaps one of the most germane subjects approached in the thesis is a section in which she conveyed views about political relations between black and white communities. She quotes the work of sociologists James Conyers and Walter Wallace, who discussed "integration of black official(s) into various aspects of politics" and notes "problems which face these black officials who must persuade the white community that they are above issues of race and that they are representing all people and not just black people," as opposed to creating "two separate social structures."
I think the takeaway here is that freep really doesn't actually understand racism.

quote:

Vague magazine? Is there not a magazine already that panders to trans-whatevers and queers?
I though Vague was a females magazine.

15 posted on 11/20/2016, 2:01:41 PM by doorgunner69

quote:

In no way is the America-hating ideologue Michelle obama the “mother” of our Nation!!!!

The author of this piece must be one of those isolated urban elitists who could in NO WAY imagine that Donald Trump could be elected President of the Untied States.

She need to get out of her cocoon, and talk to the real people of America, who elected Trump. Then she will find that very few people consider Michelle obama to be of any positive importance whatsoever!!!!

23 posted on 11/20/2016, 2:20:34 PM by Honorary Serb (Kosovo is Serbia! Free Srpska! Abolish ICTY!)

quote:

Comment #30 Removed by Moderator

quote:

No magazine cover or media hype can grant grace or class to that nasty hearted racist.
[omitted image of Michelle Obama looking irritated]

44 posted on 11/20/2016, 4:01:04 PM by Baynative ( Someone's going to have to pay for these carbon emissions, so it might as well be you.)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

When's the last time we even had a Vogue-worthy First Lady?

The Obamas are the best presidential family and it'll be a shame when they're gone.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

chitoryu12 posted:

When's the last time we even had a Vogue-worthy First Lady?

The Obamas are the best presidential family and it'll be a shame when they're gone.

I swear to god Michelle and Barack Obama must have the patience of the Buddha to put up with this without ever cracking

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

I think the takeaway here is that freep really doesn't actually understand racism.

I'm pretty sure that's a given since they think everyone but them are racist

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

It's incredibly sad that Michelle's thesis from 31 years ago about racial privilege still resonates.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Prism posted:

Given his comments amount to 'Why aren't you making fun of Hillary anymore? :cry:' he really doesn't get it.

Well, Donald, you won. You're more important than she is now. People talk more about you than her. Isn't that what you wanted?

Trump really doesn't seem to have gotten that to be president of the USA is to be the subject of nonstop ridicule and harassment.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Cythereal posted:

Trump really doesn't seem to have gotten that to be president of the USA is to be the subject of nonstop ridicule and harassment.

Considering he was dishing out the harassment for the past half decade you'd think he really would.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

jojoinnit posted:

Considering he was dishing out the harassment for the past half decade you'd think he really would.

It's only harassment when he's the target.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I wondered what Freep et al. would focus on since the real story of the next 4 years will be one of nonstop buffoonery and corruption, and obviously we won't be reading about that on Free Republic or Breitbart or reddit. Turns out, it's #PizzaGate! (Sorry, I don't have time to go through and pick out the best but it would be the whole thread, basically. Especially when one sane person suggests maybe this is nonsense and of course he's shut down as a Clinton apologist.)

edit:

If #PizzaGate is new to you, here's a primer:

How A Completely False Claim About Hillary Clinton Went From A Conspiracy Message Board To Big Right Wing Blogs

Smeep fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Smeep posted:

Turns out, it's #PizzaGate!

I'm on it, but there are a few others to get out of the way first.

From Why Catholics Should Question, Resist Trump Administration posted by freeper BlessedBeGod

the article posted:

Late at night the day after the election, I picked up a phone call from one of my sons. He called to share how he and his friends felt moments after the election had been called for Mr. Trump. There was an urgent and fearful tone to his voice that I have never sensed before from him.

It did not take long before we got right to the core of his concerns: “Dad, my friends and I are very worried. Some of us were crying last night and wondering if Mr. Trump would continue to say the kinds of hurtful things he has said about so many people and misuse his executive power now in ways that could inflict significant harm on others.”

He continued, “How can we be assured that our democratic structures will serve as a checks and balances on his exercise of power? He’s got so much money and now the power of the oval office.” “Dad,” he concluded in tears, “I told my friends about you and mom’s theological background and invited them to have some faith.”

Without a doubt this ranks as one of the most emotional, heavy, and thoughtful conversations I have had as a father. My son made me proud to be his father, and even prouder for the kind of human values that he and his college friends witnessed on the eve of the election.
[...]
Will he hastily seek to abolish policies and executive actions undertaken under the Obama administration that have advanced core Catholic life values related to care of the earth, universal health care, and care of undocumented immigrants?

Will his proposed economic policies really benefit blue-collar workers who have been left behind, or will these policies further marginalize the dignity of these workers by increasing the disparity that exists in America between the rich and the poor?

And what about the much needed conversations on issues of justice, race, and ethnicity in our country? Will Trump listen to the cry of injustice in our streets and the unjust profiling and imprisonment of black and Latino/a lives?

What about victims of sexual harassment and sexual violence? How will he find ways to speak to women and men throughout this country who feel that he has undermined talk about the serious nature of sexual assault?

Similarly, how will he deal with the unjustified gun violence in our streets when he has at times joked about gun violence? As Catholics, we understand the creative and destructive power of words.

As a Cuban-American Catholic[...]

I'm sure that any freepers that actually read the article stopped there.

quote:

To: BlessedBeGod

Miguel.....you’re a misguided p*ssy and so is your son.....

4 posted on 11/21/2016, 2:41:08 AM by nevergore

quote:

To prove Jack Chick right?

5 posted on 11/21/2016, 2:42:14 AM by MuttTheHoople (Yes, Liberals, I question your patriotism)

quote:

To: nevergore

And not only that. If your son calls you on the phone and delivers a monologue like that, both of you surely have a big, big problem.

6 posted on 11/21/2016, 2:44:31 AM by JustaCowgirl (Father, guide us in how to Make America Great Again.)

I have never in my adult life had any serious, emotional, bonding discussions with my father before this election cycle. He's a boomer and has all the usual anti-emotional baggage that comes along with it. Thankfully he's also liberal as all hell, and he's just as befuddled by all his aging conservative relatives as I am. I showed him freep once and he was astounded, and both of my parents loved the hell out of savagesusie until they realized that she was legit insane. Anyway, the bottom line here is gently caress you freep for undermining and diminishing that kind of pointful, emotional discussion. gently caress you forever, freep. Forever and ever.

quote:

The first process Trump can employ as a priority over controlling spaces is re uniting the families of people in this country illegally. Imagine what a wonderful resource a young person who has been educated, at no small expense, in this country will be to his cousins back home! Once there, they may also wish to continue their activities in civics and civil rights. Thei understanding of the role technology plays in modern life will make them great resources to their cousins. They can help ensuring sewage treatment, providing clean water, children’s immunizations.

There is a world of good to do.

9 posted on 11/21/2016, 2:49:39 AM by wastoute (Government cannot redistribute wealth. Government can only redistribute poverty.)

quote:

Regrettable but Pope Francis is a socialist in his political background. Are there no universities south of the border? Why should these dreamers have to be separated from their families? If you are so concerned start a fund to pay for college for dreamers in their country of origin.

10 posted on 11/21/2016, 2:51:07 AM by PattyinMD (What goes around comes around.)

quote:

Bet u the writer of the peace is an anchor baby

11 posted on 11/21/2016, 2:53:44 AM by ErikJohnsky

Freep seems to have redefined "dreamers." They're US citizens thanks to birthright citizenship.

quote:

Why is it OK for the “dreamers”to break the law and steal but it it is not ok for the victims to resent it. WHY is right and wrong not applied to the s e people?

14 posted on 11/21/2016, 3:09:09 AM by TalBlack (Evil doesn't have a day job....)

quote:

And what about the much needed conversations on issues of justice, race, and ethnicity in our country?

Such a conversation cannot occur. Social Justice Warriors lecture at us, but they have nothing of value to say, and no sensible person would engage them in conversation as if they were rational.

Similarly, how will he deal with the unjustified gun violence in our streets when he has at times joked about gun violence?

This is another example of nonsense. Framing the question as "gun violence" forces the conversation along an illogical path. Unjustified violence is a problem, and there is a lot that government can do to solve that problem. In the absence of effective government solutions to violence, justified gun violence is the only answer. Thugs choose when, where, and whom they will attack. This guarantees that they will have the advantages of strength, numbers, and surprise. The best and to some extent the only way for decent people to prevail is through firearms. As long as the focus is on guns, rather than on unjustified violence, the conversation is destructive.

18 posted on 11/21/2016, 3:20:24 AM by Pollster1 ("Governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed")

quote:

Convoluted poppycock! HILLARY was the one who just LOVES her
some ABORTION, late term and otherwise. SHE & HORNDOG BILL
CLINTON CLITORIS are the ones this snowflake and his daddy
should fear, if indeed they truly fear anything.

22 posted on 11/21/2016, 3:32:08 AM by Twinkie (John 3:16)

PUT DOWN THE loving THESAURUS

quote:

To the author of the piece, Micha-el Die-rear end,

Are you a Communist, masquerading as an American?
Are you a Catholic, first, who just might be an American?
Or are you not an American, at all?

To me, an AMERICAN, quoting volume, page, paragraph and sentence, of a FOREIGN theopolitical entity, in the means to sway Americans in their personal and private political thought, is as that entity would title it:
blasphemy and anathema, with the congruent outcome necessary.

31 posted on 11/21/2016, 4:15:57 AM by Terry L Smith

quote:

This sort of tripe is precisely why so many were afraid a Catholic President wouldn’t have the country’s best interests first and foremost at heart.

38 posted on 11/21/2016, 4:33:18 AM by RegulatorCountry

quote:

The author is quite clearly a Communist first and a Christian second (if at all). The fears about Trump aren’t even based on fact. They are based on the media’s intentional misinterpretation of Trump statements. I can take anyone’s statements out of context and make them seem like a monster.

Christ did tell us to take care of the poor and downtrodden, but note He never said Ceasar was supposed to take care of them. Christian charity has absolutely nothing to do with state imposed wealth redistribution. What's up with the Gaia worship, too? Seriously. Where in the Bible does THAT come from?

41 posted on 11/21/2016, 4:49:36 AM by CitizenUSA (Proverbs 14:34 Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.)