Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

How do I get guests in my festival plaza that actually give me FC?

It's random as far as I can tell. Anyone with a red nameplate will give you FC, so you at least don't have to actively talk with everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I will use this sand castle pokemon forever I don't care how good or bad it is

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Mudbray is a tough strong friend but why does her cry sound like a sheep instead of a donkey

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Does the Pokemon Refresh button bouncing means one of my friends just wants to say hi or what?

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012
I've got a spare Genesect code. A5Z54YME2SXHTES3

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

SilverFire posted:

I've got a spare Genesect code. A5Z54YME2SXHTES3

Says the code or password is incorrect. Unless that means someone's already used it?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
How do you get one of those codes? GameStop?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh yeah someone take this poo poo i dont need another genesect, i still have the one from gen 5
A5Z5STLGXEFQ7KQ7

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

How do you get one of those codes? GameStop?

the lady at gamestop gave it to me when i picked up moon

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

kojei posted:

It's random as far as I can tell. Anyone with a red nameplate will give you FC, so you at least don't have to actively talk with everyone.

Now if only I could figure out what the hell they want with their cryptic requests

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Now if only I could figure out what the hell they want with their cryptic requests

Skilled Work means like a dye house.
The others are fairly self explanatory in my experience.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Skilled Work means like a dye house.
The others are fairly self explanatory in my experience.

"Take me to a place you think I'd like."

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Twelve by Pies posted:

Fortune Teller.

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012

Solumin posted:

Says the code or password is incorrect. Unless that means someone's already used it?

I forgot which one I used but I only used one. Maybe try the other I have? A5Z54YMAES68RPY7

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SilverFire posted:

I forgot which one I used but I only used one. Maybe try the other I have? A5Z54YMAES68RPY7

There's a different response based on whether the code was already used or just wrong. The one he got's the latter.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

So I've tried playing this and.....the AI is actually using the same dirty underhanded and cheap tactics us players use. My team almost got wrecked by that one teacher's Meowith using Bite over and over again and getting flinched 100% of time. Also fell into the trap of leading with the Happy Hour Munchlax against that Beauty with a Gastly on route 2. It used Mean Look so I couldn't switch out Munlax, kept using Hypnosis to put him to sleep, and used spite every time I tried to use Metronome which was the only move that could hit a Ghost-Type so that ran out of PP fast. The Gastly also didn't have any moves that could damage Munchlax so we were locked into a stalemate. First time I've ever had to soft reset a Pokemon game because of a random trainer battle, good thing I save often :suicide:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Starhawk64 posted:

So I've tried playing this and.....the AI is actually using the same dirty underhanded and cheap tactics us players use. My team almost got wrecked by that one teacher's Meowith using Bite over and over again and getting flinched 100% of time. Also fell into the trap of leading with the Happy Hour Munchlax against that Beauty with a Gastly on route 2. It used Mean Look so I couldn't switch out Munlax, kept using Hypnosis to put him to sleep, and used spite every time I tried to use Metronome which was the only move that could hit a Ghost-Type so that ran out of PP fast. The Gastly also didn't have any moves that could damage Munchlax so we were locked into a stalemate. First time I've ever had to soft reset a Pokemon game because of a random trainer battle, good thing I save often :suicide:

Some of the totem fights get absolutely dirty/

Its great!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Twelve by Pies posted:

oh they're deliberately harking back to Join Avenue, cool

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012

Supremezero posted:

There's a different response based on whether the code was already used or just wrong. The one he got's the latter.

That's strange. I just tried the first code on my copy of Omega Ruby and it worked (I chose not to receive the gift).

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SilverFire posted:

That's strange. I just tried the first code on my copy of Omega Ruby and it worked (I chose not to receive the gift).

He probably just typo'd.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is it for a certain game only? Some earlier codes wouldn't work for me on X/Y because they were presumably ORAS exclusive.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

oh yeah, gently caress that one.

shame "hospital bed" isn't an option

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

SilverFire posted:

Maybe they just don't work in sun/moon?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ok so I have enough points to do a scan, and I understand that today I could get Totodile if I do it on Melemele Island? Are my odds good of getting a totodile or is there something else I need to do?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Calaveron posted:

Ok so I have enough points to do a scan, and I understand that today I could get Totodile if I do it on Melemele Island? Are my odds good of getting a totodile or is there something else I need to do?
You'll get a totodile.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I'm cool with Island Scanner and Reinforcements effectively replacing DexNav.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Hi, I caught a Dewpider. I have never seen a dewpider before. Does it get cool/useful moves and good stats? It's a pretty nifty looking creature.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

oh yeah someone take this poo poo i dont need another genesect, i still have the one from gen 5
A5Z5STLGXEFQ7KQ7

Thanks for the bug troper

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Starhawk64 posted:

So I've tried playing this and.....the AI is actually using the same dirty underhanded and cheap tactics us players use. My team almost got wrecked by that one teacher's Meowith using Bite over and over again and getting flinched 100% of time.

There's this one fight where the trainer has two Pokemon with a Red Card, he sets up Stealth Rock, and his slowpoke spams Yawn.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Does Corsola only appear if the underwater rocks are bubbling? I want my Mareanie dammit, and I'm tired of wading through Magikarps to find it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

FAT BATMAN posted:

Hi, I caught a Dewpider. I have never seen a dewpider before. Does it get cool/useful moves and good stats? It's a pretty nifty looking creature.

It's stats are terrible, and it's movepool is kinda meh.

But it has Huge Power on all water moves, so it's actually pretty great.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

I'm cool with Island Scanner and Reinforcements effectively replacing DexNav.
I would much rather Dexnav had not been removed, because it was good for 2 things:
1 - knowing I'd cleared out an area of new pokemon, and 2 - being able to find pokemon you'd caught before, appearance rate be damned.
Also, pokemon occasionally had egg moves. Which was fantastic.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

You'll get a totodile.

I got Litwick 2 days in a row?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

FAT BATMAN posted:

It seems like crap, but it's ability has the undocumented effect of doubling the power of all water moves so it's actually kind of good.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

FAT BATMAN posted:

Mediocre stats, amazing ability. It doubles the base power of any water move which makes it ridiculously good at shooting water and mediocre at everything else.

But it shoots water hard enough its totally worth it. Make sure to pick up the Scald TM nearby, with that my level 17 Dewpider clowned the water Totem. With Water moves.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

someone awful. posted:

I got Litwick 2 days in a row?
Oh. Well then, Serebii's wrong about it being set days. Shows what I know.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Blaziken386 posted:

I would much rather Dexnav had not been removed, because it was good for 2 things:
1 - knowing I'd cleared out an area of new pokemon, and 2 - being able to find pokemon you'd caught before, appearance rate be damned.
Also, pokemon occasionally had egg moves. Which was fantastic.

Yeah taking out the Dexnav was the biggest and weirdest feature removal since trainer customization going away

Dexnav should've been a permanent addition like reusable TMs

Like, I cannot even imagine trying to build a full Alolan dex without being able to fill in the 1-6 Mons in ORAS then banking them over.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Let's just hope they don't bring HM's back for the next gen or remake.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Avalerion posted:

Let's just hope they don't bring HM's back for the next gen or remake.

Yeah it's great not having to have an otherwise useless pokemon on the team just to have cut, strength, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Calaveron posted:

I got mine after like a couple fights. Hardest part for me was getting to the Seaward Cave since you have to crawl through that Meadow of Infinite Mons to get to it.

If all else fails, I can breed some this evening for goons in Discord that want one.