Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm sure some people will handwave away all complaints about Zoom because "he's crazy".

He can be crazy and poorly written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm sure some people will handwave away all complaints about Zoom because "he's crazy".

He can be crazy and poorly written.

Or crazily poor written! :v:

I'm willing to write off his actions as excusable due to crazy, but the execution can't be. Everything made sense on paper:

Kidnap hero, pretend to be hero, betray team to drain Barry's speed, make your move once he's depowered, take over Earth 1 with evil meta army, well gently caress while we're at it lets destroy all other Earths because I'm a crazy sumbitch that thinks it makes me more important

Even the thing with Caitlyn makes sense, since she showed actually genuine concern for his well being, which he never had as a child. Especially when you find out he has Killer Frost locked up too, which is...kind of creepy when you think about it.

It's just the execution was so goddamn bad and tortured that it took a good, if not original, story and turned it into a giant chunk of SFIAGES. A little of that is to be expected and even fun, but man they overdid it and wrecked the pacing of the back half of the season as a result.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He didn't lock up KF until she betrayed him.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Zoom's plan of having a Jay in Earth 1 and then killing him was just dumb.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Every single action Zoom takes makes his motivation less and less clear. Why an army of metahumans?

And what were that one guy in the back in the zoot suit's powers?!

irlZaphod posted:

Zoom's plan of having a Jay in Earth 1 and then killing him was just dumb.

The Jeyes are the men who will not be blamed for nothing.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 21, 2016

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Why do anything that Zoom did if he's just gonna destroy the world? Sorry, the multiverse. Which, way to shoot yourself in the foot, show. It's kind of hard to escalate from the threat of "Annihilation of everything possible and impossible across all worlds and timelines." Thawne wasn't even really a threat to Central City, he was mostly a threat to Barry specifically. They skipped threat to the city, threat to the world, AND threat to the universe and went straight for omniversal eradication. Nowhere to go from here but down.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just to be clear, Zoom didn't have a double the whole time. He was posing as Jay himself for a while, the double only came when necessary.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still think the time remnant is a great idea, especially when your family and friends are threatened. Barry should have a room at STAR where he keeps backups of everybody for just such occasions.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When you go back in time the old you dissolves and you replace them in the timeline, unless you're planning to go forward in time again, in which case the old you sticks around, right?

But if you go forward in time, there's just two yous there indefinitely

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

When you go back in time the old you dissolves and you replace them in the timeline, unless you're planning to go forward in time again, in which case the old you sticks around, right?

Maybe it's like Futurama and the temporal double is doomed to die horribly?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

SPEED FORCE

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
They really need to tone down on the "plinky plonky" music when new Wells (or other character) is doing something whacky. In fact can we just get that thing expunged from all TV? - we know when characters are doing something silly or amusing, as the actors are acting it out in front of us, we don't need some poo poo trope music spelling it out.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

You know the best part about Flashpoint? It means Zoom will probably be back some day! :shepicide:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

You know the best part about Flashpoint? It means Zoom will probably be back some day! :shepicide:

Zoom became Black Racer so prolly not.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mr Beens posted:

They really need to tone down on the "plinky plonky" music when new Wells (or other character) is doing something whacky. In fact can we just get that thing expunged from all TV? - we know when characters are doing something silly or amusing, as the actors are acting it out in front of us, we don't need some poo poo trope music spelling it out.

Same, but scenes that are heroic, sad or intended to strongly evoke a particular emotion.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I like music that evokes appropriate emotions. :downs:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Scyantific posted:

Zoom became Black Racer so prolly not.

Black Flash. :flashfact:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think they call him Kid Flash in this one.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I just rewatched the last episode, and man... the villain of the week got completely sidelined in favor of the Wally/Alchemy plot. I mean, I don't think he even got to say a single word. We didn't hear his backstory or anything like with Magenta.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think they call him Kid Flash in this one.

Badum~tish.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

I just rewatched the last episode, and man... the villain of the week got completely sidelined in favor of the Wally/Alchemy plot. I mean, I don't think he even got to say a single word. We didn't hear his backstory or anything like with Magenta.

I actually found that kind of a refreshing way to mix it up, have the VoW defeated approx 30 minutes in and then get on with the season plot. It sucks that it happened to Shade instead of someone like generic sand guy or generic lava guy or any various guys from last season.

But hey, since Barry is now actually keeping his villains alive in this timeline, maybe they will juice him up and bring him back? Or hell, didn't H.R. mention that his universe had a villain named Shade? Maybe they will give us a proper Shade from there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The best villain defeat is still Rainbow Raider.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Guy A. Person posted:

Or hell, didn't H.R. mention that his universe had a villain named Shade? Maybe they will give us a proper Shade from there.

He also mentioned intelligent gorillas!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

I actually found that kind of a refreshing way to mix it up, have the VoW defeated approx 30 minutes in and then get on with the season plot. It sucks that it happened to Shade instead of someone like generic sand guy or generic lava guy or any various guys from last season.
I would have liked to see them gloss over generic speed guy.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Just once, I would like to see Cisco spitefully deny someone a nickname because they are boring or they've already been done.

:rolleyes: "Oh, boy, here comes Generic Speedster Number 47."

:black101: "MY NAME IS SPEED DEMO--"

:v: "Oh, sorry Number 47, were you saying something? I fell asleep because of how generic you are."

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Can't wait to see whose life Barry snuffs out/ruins tonight. :munch:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Savitar is the fastest way through their special effects budget

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Joe, you have three skills, don't forget your fabulous voice.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Yeahhh better not open that up now unless they want a helping of some Wally soup

Edit: Joe's got your nose!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ledded Goh :v:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I appreciate Barry punching the kid from Harry Poter.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
God dammit Cisco, didn't we already go through this earlier this season

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Mr. Funktastic posted:

God dammit Cisco, didn't we already go through this earlier this season

Yah but I don't mind watching them acting off each other.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Iris has really come into her own as a character this season.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm enjoying Caitlin calling out Barry as the true villain.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Julian also has a point

Everyone's criticisms of Barry are valid tbh

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Uh yes Iris, Julian is correct about Barry.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Eat poo poo, Barry.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Surprise surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

:sigh: of course he was alchemy

• Locked thread