Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

oh no! the used car salesman lied?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Context? What is this pro-confederate sad about and looking for a silver lining for?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Covok posted:

Listen, while the point of the EC is to stop people like Trump and all that, they just won't. The EC is made of a bunch of spineless cowards and idoits, just like most of government. They will let Trump walk in as a facist leader, destroy this country and all it stands for, and be left questioning "how did this all go so wrong?" in 8 years. The government has failed us, the people have failed us, and the EC will fail us.

That doesn't mean we take it lying down, but what purpose does yelling at people to vote faithless serve? It's a pointless exercise.

that doesn't mean we should give up immediately though

there's value in trying something even if it fails, it sends a message to others both for and against

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I keep oscillating between depression, amused detachment, and anger and I just can't seem to pick one

is there a 20-syllable German word describing my current state of being?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Covok posted:

Context? What is this pro-confederate sad about and looking for a silver lining for?

Oops it is about Trump not prosecuting Clinton

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

please turn your monitor on

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

that doesn't mean we should give up immediately though

there's value in trying something even if it fails, it sends a message to others both for and against

Yeah, I know the faithless elector thing is doomed to failure, but it's still worth trying if only for the message.

gregday
May 23, 2003

My brain is actually refusing to accept this, so it just kind of feels like after Obama leaves we simply won't have a president for awhile.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Serf posted:

Trump is inevitable. There is literally no way to escape him.

The Electoral College isn't going anywhere either. The Republicans need it to win and the Democrats need something to blame for their failings rather than attempting to make real change. It is useful to both sides.

I don't think it's a likely thing, but it is a possibility. Obviously we're going to need to do more things but my problem is that the motivation for most people won't be there except as a reaction to Trump's hosed up actions, not as a preventative measure. The EC thing is the last preventative measure we have within the system.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
if you haven't personally called every single gop elector and screamed at them to switch from trump to clinton because he is hitler you literally want trump to be president and are a fascist sympathizer

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Vox Nihili posted:

Trump up to almost +0 approval levels. Americans are so loving useless.

Everyone who wins an election gets popular for a while. There's always a honeymoon.

This time next year, he'll still be around 42% positive, it'll take until 2018 for him to drop to 17%.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gregday posted:

My brain is actually refusing to accept this, so it just kind of feels like after Obama leaves we simply won't have a president for awhile.

We'll have an illegitimate regime propped up by dead slaveholders, alive Russian vote hackers, and the KKK.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Nichael posted:

Yeah, I know the faithless elector thing is doomed to failure, but it's still worth trying if only for the message.

I don't think the average Trump supporter understands how any of this works, and would view faithless electors as liberals trying to rig the system. And of course FoxNews would run with that narrative as well. It's no-win.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

gregday posted:

continue to refuse

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I really am interested to see how noticeable the reaction among his supporters will be when Trump can't/won't do half of the crazy-rear end wild poo poo he claimed he was gonna do during the course of the primaries and election

WE WILL BUILD A GREAT WALL

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Breitbart took off the story of Trump campaign not prosecuting :lol: it had 10,000 comments

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mlcalderone/status/801114098222014464

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Civil War 2 probably maybe won't happen but I think we could at least get a general strike out if it if Trump starts rounding up Muslims and Latinxs and the economy shits itself completely and we all know that it will poo poo itself completely.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

deathbysnusnu posted:

Civil war 2 is still a better outcome. Fuher trump spent an afternoon berating the media, and has a cadre of people already seeing the media is an evil fith column. At least in civil war 2, the left will have an attempt to fight back.

Idk about most people but I'm not willing to die to make cnn not poo poo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

WarMECH posted:

I don't think the average Trump supporter understands how any of this works, and would view faithless electors as liberals trying to rig the system. And of course FoxNews would run with that narrative as well. It's no-win.

No one cares what they think.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

GOP electors are never going to vote for Clinton you dumb turds. The only *technically* possible out here is if you get 37 GOP electors to vote for someone like Kasich or Romney and then throw it into the house and hope the GOP Not Trump prevails over Trump. You will never, ever get 37 GOP electors to vote for Clinton or the GOP house to vote for Clinton.

Also the GOP would likely fall apart but you'd likely get a warmer general public reception to this than you think given the garbage approval ratings of both Trump and Clinton.

we're not saying it will happen, just that it should

this is somethingawful, we obviously hosed up big time for the most part on predicting poo poo, this is a discussion and it goes all over the place

but i guess we can only talk about things that are likely, like sun rising in the east and setting in the west and not much else

[cue trump proposing blowing up the sun so liberals quit whining about global warming]

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
also i just wanna say lol to the twitter liberals who are all 'ok this is going to suck i guess maybe i shouldve voted but everyone stay safe and make sure youre hydrated and take time for selfcare' like its a video game and if the trumpenstaffel stop you you have to have your h2o bar at a high level itll allow you to master the saving throw

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mannerup posted:

if you haven't personally called every single gop elector and screamed at them to switch from trump to clinton because he is hitler you literally want trump to be president and are a fascist sympathizer

that's a bit extreme

i would appreciate it if we at least tried to oppose the nazi though

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Has the media 100% moved on from Trump, Inc unabashedly using the power of the presidency to loot the us treasury and world economy and gotten to a solid concensus re Hamilton yet?

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Monkey Fracas posted:

I keep oscillating between depression, amused detachment, and anger and I just can't seem to pick one

is there a 20-syllable German word describing my current state of being?

I am appalled by Trump and everything he represents yet could really use vouchers to pay for my kid's private school and tax cuts. What's the word for being afraid you and saddened that you'll actually benefit in some small way from a Trump presidency?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ben Carson for hud??

What the gently caress does he know about housing and urba....

Oh

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

WarMECH posted:

they think it's rigged anytime they lose, no matter the means or the margin, so gently caress them

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Nichael posted:

No one cares what they think.

Democrats fighting for their vote do.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

oh no! the yuge car salesman lied?!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

WarMECH posted:

so their opinions literally would not change except that they might hate the reason donald trump won

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Civil War 2 probably maybe won't happen but I think we could at least get a general strike out if it if Trump starts rounding up Muslims and Latinxs and the economy shits itself completely and we all know that it will poo poo itself completely.

The sad truth is, Trump could commit mass deportation (that results in millions of death) and could construct concentration camps, and most Americans will not care at all. Nothing matters isn't just a meme or a joke, it's the reality of our situation.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
just gently caress you you dont get selfcare now youre in the loving machine and you dont get to take a rest to have your emotional needs met or feel reinforced you gotta harden the gently caress up

Serf
May 5, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

I don't think it's a likely thing, but it is a possibility. Obviously we're going to need to do more things but my problem is that the motivation for most people won't be there except as a reaction to Trump's hosed up actions, not as a preventative measure. The EC thing is the last preventative measure we have within the system.

I don't disagree on any particular point.

do they have proper padding for all that knee-bending they're about to do?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

A faithless GOP elector revolt for a Kasich/Romney ticket is probably the only actual chance to not elect Trump. If you bring with most of the OH electors, grab a few from WI, MI, and PA, and then grab some Mormon electors from out west you might get close to the 37 required to throw it into the house, and if you can grab enough democratic house delegations to support the Kasich/Romney ticket over Trump you might actually pull it off.

Still less than 1% chance but I guess it's technically possible.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

WarMECH posted:

Democrats fighting for their vote do.

then they're idiots? turnout is more important than trying to get some idiot who was okay with [300 pages of awful poo poo trump said/did]

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Why on earth does anyone believe that sack of poo poo will be on time to anything

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

StashAugustine posted:

Idk about most people but I'm not willing to die to make cnn not poo poo

Trump is putting racist conspiracy theorists into the upper echelons of power and is stoking anti media sentiment that is absolutely going to end in journalists being killed. People are unitonically saying heil Trump. At your thanksgiving table there's probably going to be a few people who would jump at the bit for internment camps. This isn't about making cnn not poo poo, this is about making it so that the free press gets to survive. Trump is doing nothing to ease fears that he's going full fascist, he's too busy making sure we all know that's what he's doing.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Oh god, I've seen this movie before. Why aren't they running yet????

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

Why on earth does anyone believe that sack of poo poo will be on time to anything

hes already 15 minutes late as of now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

euphronius posted:

Ben Carson for hud??

What the gently caress does he know about housing and urba....

Oh

hes black their black who cares

• Locked thread