Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Today I decided to see how far the prices for Mavs tickets have dropped. Before the season started, lower bowl tickets were generally selling for around $150. Now you can find some for under $40. That's roughly the same price range as Nuggets home tickets during their best (regular) season of all time. Slightly more than lower bowl tickets to the last Nuggets playoff game. (vs the Warriors)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Didn't he used to be a plus defender? That swing in DefRtg is absurd

Paul Zuvella posted:

Russel Westrbrook leads the league in usage by 6%.
Which is to say, Russ owns.
He's at 40.8 and Joel Embiid is at 38.6

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Jabari Parker is turning out to be a very different player than I was expecting. I wasn't expecting him to be so physical and explosive. I mean the dude almost knocked himself out hitting his head on the rim on a dunk. Not sure who an apt comparison would be. Blake Griffin?

Also great to see his three point shot develop.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Let Jabari be proof that Coach K is a dumb and bad coach.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Hand Row posted:

Jabari Parker is turning out to be a very different player than I was expecting. I wasn't expecting him to be so physical and explosive. I mean the dude almost knocked himself out hitting his head on the rim on a dunk. Not sure who an apt comparison would be. Blake Griffin?

This just reminded me that the Bucks could've had Embiid. Imagine getting past Giannis and Middleton only to run into The Process.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wiggins Jabari Embiid is still just an insane top 3

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

This just reminded me that the Bucks could've had Embiid. Imagine getting past Giannis and Middleton only to run into The Process.

I would settle for Larry Sanders. Doh.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

Wiggins Jabari Embiid is still just an insane top 3

Before that draft, a friend that went to Kansas told me Embiid is easily better than Wiggins. He also had a framed poster of Mario Chalmers making a big shot. I thought he was crazy, and decided maybe Embiid looked better because the college rules stink. Then Embiid turned into the coolest rookie this century.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

official

https://twitter.com/DetroitPistons/status/801155802467827712

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I've figured out what is going to happen after the Mavs get healthy and ruin their draft spot.
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/isaiah-hartenstein
If they are going to bust, bust hard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This year's basically been the redemption story of draft 2014 because man that draft was looking bad as the bennett one for a while there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Process doesn't count for rate stats yet

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hand Row posted:

He's really good in transition, but he doesn't have the size that Blake has. It's kind of funny because people were comparing him to Melo out of college, but it looks like he has more Lebron in him than Melo.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I was looking at the current MPG leaders on Basketball Reference, and I was surprised to see Kyle Lowry leading the pack, at 38.7. 10 players are currently averaging 3 full quarters played - Westbrook not being one of them, which kinda shocked me.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have Fred VanVleet of the Raptors, who has averaged a grueling 0:26 MPG.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Before that draft, a friend that went to Kansas told me Embiid is easily better than Wiggins. He also had a framed poster of Mario Chalmers making a big shot. I thought he was crazy, and decided maybe Embiid looked better because the college rules stink. Then Embiid turned into the coolest rookie this century.

Ahem. It's not "a big shot" it's "Mario's Miracle".

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Embiid legitimately went from raw as hell athletic big to really skilled in a very short period of time so it's not completely out of the question for someone to think that at the time. Also self didn't do Wiggins any favors.

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's really good in transition, but he doesn't have the size that Blake has. It's kind of funny because people were comparing him to Melo out of college, but it looks like he has more Lebron in him than Melo.

Tbf he played a lot like melo at Duke

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Obama says mj is more than just an Internet meme, big if true

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Paul Zuvella posted:

Russel Westrbrook leads the league in usage by 6%.
Which is to say, Russ owns.

Please explain what this means to me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

NickRoweFillea posted:

Please explain what this means to me

russell westbrook takes the most possessions out of anyone.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Thank you for this post.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm very excited about this but wish it weren't costing so much taxpayer money.

Also an Australian production company is making a Delly biopic.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I was looking at the current MPG leaders on Basketball Reference, and I was surprised to see Kyle Lowry leading the pack, at 38.7. 10 players are currently averaging 3 full quarters played - Westbrook not being one of them, which kinda shocked me.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have Fred VanVleet of the Raptors, who has averaged a grueling 0:26 MPG.

The Raptors are a fringe playoff team without Lowry busting his rear end every game. I'm kinda worried for this offseason cause Masai has looked like he's been exploring his options for a replacement starting PG, but at the same time Lowry is our oldest player with a really rough playstyle that has probably taken a toll on his body considering every time we get near the playoffs he's got health issues.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

russell westbrook takes the most possessions out of anyone.

Does it mean in the entire NBA? Sorry. I need some stats goons in here to hold my hand on this

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Does it mean in the entire NBA? Sorry. I need some stats goons in here to hold my hand on this

Westbrook is using a possession (either shot, FT, or turnover) on 40% of the possessions he is on the floor. This is ridiculous and no one has even done this across an entire season. The average is 20% (5 guys on the floor to share possessions), and 30% is usually considered "a lot".

On top of that, he also has a ridiculously high rate of assisting other guys shots. This means every single possession that gets used by the Thunder while Westbrook is on the floor, 75% are either him using it, or him assisting someone taking a shot.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
https://twitter.com/OfficialNBARefs/status/801090886524354560

This is pro level trolling.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Let me be of some assistance my friend nick it means Russ is god

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
Fun fact. There are currently 7 centres in the league shooting a higher 3pt% than Klay Thompson.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

On the subject of upper deck trolling, half of Sixers twitterdom celebrated last night's victory by baiting Jeff Sessions.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Levin/status/800175884757962753

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

I'd really want to see more Curry/Durant pnr that was used earlier or even Durant/Green pnr. Right now they're basically just letting Durant anchor the 2nd team as their way of staggering minutes (Except the pacers game yesterday which was weird) but it's really weird to say literally the best offensive efficiency in decades can improve.

Current team ORtg of 116.7 That would be the highest ever but I'm sure it will drop.

Fast Luck posted:

Didn't he used to be a plus defender? That swing in DefRtg is absurd

It's only 76 minutes so I wouldn't read a ton into it. That's like two games worth of data.

It would help if he had prime KG defending with him though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

On the subject of upper deck trolling, half of Sixers twitterdom celebrated last night's victory by baiting Jeff Sessions.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Levin/status/800175884757962753

What is the background for this because I don't get it.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
jeff sessions doesn't like the devil's lettuce

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

chunkles posted:

jeff sessions doesn't like the devil's lettuce

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the devil's lasagna

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/iamRandyCruz/status/801225856823726080

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

straight up brolic posted:

the devil's lasagna

You find a girl who knows that one you marry that girl

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid is close to doing this

( not taking anything from zing, he's great too)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why was Milwaukee so set on Jabari . I remember if being a lock they were taking him.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

euphronius posted:

Why was Milwaukee so set on Jabari . I remember if being a lock they were taking him.

He's a Chicago guy who really wanted to be close to home and Milwaukee was a solid answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Because Jabari was a top prospect who actually wanted to play there because Milwaukee is close to his Chicago home

• Locked thread