Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Docjowles posted:

yeah. He's the only living pass catching TE on the Falcons now, and they score a ton of points, so he's as worthy of a flier as any other shitlord TE.

The problem with TE is the position is so bad. You either have Gronk, a few other usable guys, or a bunch of crap who might score 8 or 0 any given week. Giving up your first round pick for someone in the "bunch of crap" tier doesn't seem worth it. Gates is better than the guys I listed, but is he enough better to outweigh the (slight) chance Gurley lives up to his talent for a game or two and balls out for 20 points? Or as someone else said, maybe you can prey on whatever poor fucker has lost Charles/Langford/Matt Jones and is running on fumes at RB and swing a better deal.

We have a 10 team league so a lot of people are decently well off at RB.

I'll just keep Gurley and probably go Hooper/Cook/Tye in that order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm in the "Bad TE" boat, too, but for me it's just picking who will be my Gronk Insurance for another week. Jason Witten has been doing fine for me, but I don't want to play him on a Thursday against the Redskins. I'm leaning toward dropping him for Vance McDonald based on matchup, but there's people like Jared Cook, Will Tye, Austin Hooper, and Gary Barnidge available who could all have okay games, too.

Who should I drop Witten for in 0PPR? Or is Witten still better than all of those options?

EDIT: I just realized I really don't want to play Witten on a Thursday just to learn that Gronk is fine and active on Sunday, too.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 22, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Totally unhelpful, but I'm really happy that Tye is getting fantasy consideration. :shobon:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inspector_666 posted:

Totally unhelpful, but I'm really happy that Tye is getting fantasy consideration. :shobon:

He shouldn't. Eli hates throwing to short TEs.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

He shouldn't. Eli hates throwing to short TEs.

Yeah as much as I think he's good and helpful to the Giants in real life, it seems like he'll never put up solid fantasy numbers. I just like him and want good things to happen for him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
So.. safe to just drop Alshon now?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Intruder posted:

So.. safe to just drop Alshon now?

I would. He won't have value this season at this point.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Santheb posted:

To all the people wondering "Do I really start Kirk Cousins over X?" I'm just gonna go ahead and say this man is playing for a 100+ million dollar contract and has 6 more games to ball out. I rode the Cousins2Reed combo to the championship last year because over the second half of the season this dude played out of his mind.

I know its Dallas. I know its a short week. I know its Thursday. Fuckin go for it.

That said the only two bankable Redskins receivers are Crowder and Reed. He spreads the ball around a good deal.

Do I fire up my Rivers/Williams combo, or ride Cousins/Crowder for another week?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Target Rishard Matthews and Gates with Fat Rob (+ something)?

Here's my roster:

Carr
Gordon, Gore, Hill, Kelley, Henry
AJG (RIP), Evans, Nuk, M. Jones, T. Hill, Floyd
Henry, L. Green

TE and WR could use some work, but I'm pretty solid at RB. Thoughts?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is there anybody here that can make sense of the Marvin Jones situation? It feels like he's getting Golden Tate'd but is there something I don't know? I don't watch Lions games :/

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Lost Zach Miller this week. Is Henry or Polish Hat the better replacement?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Why isn't Gio on the IR yet? Come on Bengals I need to make room.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Someone just offered me Fiedorowicz and Stafford for Jimmy Graham. I could use a QB upgrade, but I doubt Stafford is better than Bortles and my TE would take a hit. Definite no, right?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DTaeKim posted:

Someone just offered me Fiedorowicz and Stafford for Jimmy Graham. I could use a QB upgrade, but I doubt Stafford is better than Bortles and my TE would take a hit. Definite no, right?

Yeah that's a no.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

So my bet on Zach Miller going Super Saiyan lasted about a single half, leaving me with no TE and Brate and McDonald as the top WW options.

I offered Latavius for Eifert and he mashed accept, didnt take 5 minutes. So after Murray, I'll still have DJ, Ware, Martin, Kelley, and Rawls.

I guess its not bad considering I had no TE and a surplus of RB2s. Its .5 PPR.

MalleusDei posted:

Do I fire up my Rivers/Williams combo, or ride Cousins/Crowder for another week?

I'd go Cousins/Crowder for sure but I'm a Redskins homer. I just really think that they've found their groove with Fat Rob in the backfield and that the offense could be fantasy gold for the last push. The Redskins really can't afford to be dropping many more games so they'll be balls to the wall from here on out.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 22, 2016

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Oops sorry double post

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Is there anybody here that can make sense of the Marvin Jones situation? It feels like he's getting Golden Tate'd but is there something I don't know? I don't watch Lions games :/

Seems like most teams have been limiting his big play potential that he showed early on and forcing the lions to throw underneath more than they'd like. Also he sees a lot of the opposing teams best corner and lately that's been Jalen Ramsey and Josh Norman and other decent defenses.

Just my take, he's been on my bench for the last few weeks. Rip

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Give Rob Kelley, get Terrelle Pryor?

I'm down AJG, and the guy with Terrell Pryor has good WR depth (Julio, Benjamin, D. Adams, Pryor) but just lost his RB2 in Gio Bernard for the season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Santheb posted:

I'd go Cousins/Crowder for sure but I'm a Redskins homer. I just really think that they've found their groove with Fat Rob in the backfield and that the offense could be fantasy gold for the last push. The Redskins really can't afford to be dropping many more games so they'll be balls to the wall from here on out.

I just realized that Thanksgiving is going to be really awkward since I'll have Cousins/Reed/Crowder on my team. Thankfully they're playing the Cowboys, which gives me a very easy way to justify rooting for them with my father and brother right next to me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cervixalot posted:

Give Rob Kelley, get Terrelle Pryor?

I'm down AJG, and the guy with Terrell Pryor has good WR depth (Julio, Benjamin, D. Adams, Pryor) but just lost his RB2 in Gio Bernard for the season.

Eh, I don't know if I like Pryor going forward. But at the same time I'm torn whether or not I'd want Adams. I think Kelley is worth more than Pryor though.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

pubic works project posted:

Eh, I don't know if I like Pryor going forward. But at the same time I'm torn whether or not I'd want Adams. I think Kelley is worth more than Pryor though.

Not wild about Pryor, but he's a good player, and McCown/RGIII could be positive for his value and are more likely to go downfield than Kessler.

The other trade I posted was trying to send Kelley (+ something?) for Rishard Matthews & Gates to shore up TE as well, but not sure that's the right move either.

I need a win this week (and probably the following) to make the playoffs.

My roster:

Carr
Gordon, Gore, Hill, Kelley, Henry
Evans, AJG, Hopkins, M. Jones, T. Hill, Floyd
Henry, L. Green

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.
So, I've locked up the #1 seed (don't need a win until week 15), but am hurting at WR. Full PPR league, trade deadline passed.

Currently have Steve Smith, Davante Adams, Garcon, and Alshon (:lol:).

Should I blow what's left of my FAAB on Sammy Watkins and hope for the best? Lots of garbage on the WW...

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
The greatest thing about my win this week (taking down the #1 team who hilariously left Rashad Jennings and Dez on his bench), isn't that I'm somehow now in contention in the playoffs (I'm not really)... but that I am no longer capable of getting the sacko "award." Which, this year, is eating an entire Carolina Reaper pepper in one sitting.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

MacheteZombie posted:

I started Ben and lost by the points Carr would have given me..

Now I get to agonize all week about starting Cam, Carr, or Ben. Thanks fantasy football.

I started Eli over Carr and lost by the points as well

AND im debating doing it again because Eli vs. Browns and Carr vs. Carolina.

and NO im not asking for help just saying.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

BonoMan posted:

The greatest thing about my win this week (taking down the #1 team who hilariously left Rashad Jennings and Dez on his bench),

Who were their other RB options? Sitting Jennings (well, not going forward so much, but up until now) isn't really an indefensible move, or at least it's not in the same league as sitting Dez.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Inspector_666 posted:

Who were their other RB options? Sitting Jennings (well, not going forward so much, but up until now) isn't really an indefensible move, or at least it's not in the same league as sitting Dez.

Yeah Jennings was less "he's dumb for sitting him" and more "ha he would have won if he would have played him." He had Ware, Hill and McCoy. I probably would have made the same decision.

And he sat Dez over Crabtree and Hilton which, still isn't egregious, but give how hot Dak and the Cowboys have been... I would have played him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Yeah Jennings was less "he's dumb for sitting him" and more "ha he would have won if he would have played him." He had Ware, Hill and McCoy. I probably would have made the same decision.

And he sat Dez over Crabtree and Hilton which, still isn't egregious, but give how hot Dak and the Cowboys have been... I would have played him.

Definitely would have played Dez over Crabs

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
So with Gio toast and put on IR this week I am looking to pickup another RB off of waivers. Below is the top ranked YTD players for the top ~12 remaining RBs available as FA or on Waiver (please just ignore the players on IR - I couldn't figure out how to get them off this list). Wondering if any of these guys are worth picking up and dropping Gio for?

1pt PPR in a 12 person league, I need a backup RB2/3 or RB Flex to help get me some points out of my ever falling apart team and playoff hopes.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Anyone starting the Steelers Def against a Luckless Colts team?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pissingintowind posted:

So, I've locked up the #1 seed (don't need a win until week 15), but am hurting at WR. Full PPR league, trade deadline passed.

Currently have Steve Smith, Davante Adams, Garcon, and Alshon (:lol:).

Should I blow what's left of my FAAB on Sammy Watkins and hope for the best? Lots of garbage on the WW...

I would. If he's healthy, Watkins is way better than any random waiver turd at this point in the season.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm going to be starting TY Hilton and either Cory Coleman, Dion Lewis, Crowell, or Marvin Jones. I sure hope Luck and AJ Green come back soon.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Would you rather have Cousins, Rivers, or Carr ROS? Or some mix of two of them?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

IKillForPie posted:

So with Gio toast and put on IR this week I am looking to pickup another RB off of waivers. Below is the top ranked YTD players for the top ~12 remaining RBs available as FA or on Waiver (please just ignore the players on IR - I couldn't figure out how to get them off this list). Wondering if any of these guys are worth picking up and dropping Gio for?

1pt PPR in a 12 person league, I need a backup RB2/3 or RB Flex to help get me some points out of my ever falling apart team and playoff hopes.

At this stage in the season, sorting by overall performance for the season is bad. You'll completely miss guys who are now the RB1 because the previous RB1, who played for eight games, got hurt or whatever.

I suggest if you can, sort by (say) scores over the last two to four games, and see who pops up.

If the list is the same, I guess I'd lean towards maybe Damien Williams (clear #2 behind Ajayi who has been worked hard, and there's no #3 on the roster) or McKinnon (something like a 50% timeshare, but on a terrible offense).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Would you rather have Cousins, Rivers, or Carr ROS? Or some mix of two of them?

I'd rank them Carr > Cousins > Rivers, but not separated by very much. Take a look at matchups, maybe. Carr and Rivers play each other week 15. If you have all three, definitely try to trade one away for depth, you don't need to roster three similarly decent QBs.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Leperflesh posted:

I'd rank them Carr > Cousins > Rivers, but not separated by very much. Take a look at matchups, maybe. Carr and Rivers play each other week 15. If you have all three, definitely try to trade one away for depth, you don't need to roster three similarly decent QBs.

I've been rolling with Rivers for several weeks, picked up Cousins for the bye and was going to play him again this week, and just noticed Carr is on the wire.

Rivers' schedule for the end of the season is really nice, but it's really hard to keep picking the "safe" choice over guys who have been putting up better numbers pretty much all season.

It's a 1QB league so really I'd like to just get down to one, and the trade deadline passed.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
e: nevermind! Figured it out myself.

Bobby Cox fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 23, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Anyone starting the Steelers Def against a Luckless Colts team?

If I can't get the Vikes back, I'm going for them.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ronnie Hillman is now a Charger.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
12 team PPR league, I just lost Gio and the AJ Green owner is showing interest in my DeAndre Hopkins.

Am I crazy to trade Nuk and Kenneth Dixon for Jeremy Hill and Tyreek Hill? Jeremy has a really good looking upcoming schedule and is the obvious bellcow now. Nuk has been struggling to even hit 10 PPR points weekly. Not sure what to expect from Tyreek if/when Maclin is back, but he's been solid and has a favourable schedule too, other than Denver this week.

My team:

QB: A. A. Ron
WR: OBJ, Nuk, Snead, Corey Coleman
RB: Gore, Blount, Dixon, CMike
TE: Eifert

My depth has been decimated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Gobias Ind. posted:

12 team PPR league, I just lost Gio and the AJ Green owner is showing interest in my DeAndre Hopkins.

Am I crazy to trade Nuk and Kenneth Dixon for Jeremy Hill and Tyreek Hill? Jeremy has a really good looking upcoming schedule and is the obvious bellcow now. Nuk has been struggling to even hit 10 PPR points weekly. Not sure what to expect from Tyreek if/when Maclin is back, but he's been solid and has a favourable schedule too, other than Denver this week.

My team:

QB: A. A. Ron
WR: OBJ, Nuk, Snead, Corey Coleman
RB: Gore, Blount, Dixon, CMike
TE: Eifert

My depth has been decimated.

I don't think he accepts that trade. I would definitely do it in your shoes.

• Locked thread