Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

Ditch posted:

Wikipedia must be lying because "Lodune Sincaid" and "Justin McElfresh" cannot possibly be the names of real people.

I wish I could still find the image of some B-league guy's record where he had a bunch of wins over guys with seemingly fake names because they were all off shoots of well name fighters like Greg Maynard, PJ Penn, etc.,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

was literally thinking about this (im)possible fight the other day and i really want to see it

It would be good. Josh Thomson fights rule when they happen

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bundt Cake posted:

It would be good. Josh Thomson fights rule when they happen

Agreedo, but wonder if it would be AKA vs AKA.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Belle Isle Tech posted:

I wish I could still find the image of some B-league guy's record where he had a bunch of wins over guys with seemingly fake names because they were all off shoots of well name fighters like Greg Maynard, PJ Penn, etc.,

That was none other than UFC Heavyweight Champion Stipe Miocic

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hah. Paul Barry, Gregory Maynard, William Penn, and Jeremy Holm.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

That was none other than UFC Heavyweight Champion Stipe Miocic

Thank you!

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

anyway i wish michael chandler, justin goatse, and to a lesser extent josh thomson were all in the ufc

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/11/22/13718880/wsof-champion-justin-gaethje-planning-on-testing-free-agent-market

cool

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Marching Powder posted:

was literally thinking about this (im)possible fight the other day and i really want to see it

i bet it happens at AKA every day

i bet it has also contributed to at least 3 injuries

to josh thomson

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

-Atom- posted:

Name 3 other lightweights in Bellator that fit that criteria

girtz, Picolotti, Patricky, Anderson, primus, Thompson, guillard

They just signed carrington banks too

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Ufc just poached two bellator guys too. Will Brooks who is doing good and Marcin held who did not so good trying to leg lock Diego sanchez

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Ralek Gracie vs hisaki kato

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

lol

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Moosin'

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Nah

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ah yes The Young Assassin with his one win in 3 years and 4 cases of missing weight.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Chandler got handled by Will Brooks in the rematch, who then struggled to get past Ross Pearson and got tko'd in his last fight (by a welterweight after breaking a rib, to be fair). He's good but I'm not sure he's good enough to be top 10 in the UFC.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Chandler got handled by Will Brooks in the rematch, who then struggled to get past Ross Pearson and got tko'd in his last fight (by a welterweight after breaking a rib, to be fair). He's good but I'm not sure he's good enough to be top 10 in the UFC.

I think Brooks took the Pearson fight on short notice. I'm willing to chock that performance up to the short notice and maybe UFC debut nervousness.

The cowboy fight was bullshit though, Olivera missed weight by a country mile. I can't really hold that against Brooks. He looked competitive until he broke that rib.

I'm sure brooks will look better when he comes back and is fighting actual lightweights.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i don't mind brooks as a fighter but other cowboy beat the absolute poo poo out of brooks in a way that had very little to do with six pounds heavy. taking into consideration his performance against ross i'm going to say that ill will is a solid top 15 guy. and i'll stop there.

e: holy poo poo other cowboy isn't even ranked at lw. that will change, but god drat.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I was extremely drunk at the Portland fight but Brooks got injured, fight doesn't count

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

e: holy poo poo other cowboy isn't even ranked at lw. that will change, but god drat.

Actually it won't because he's going to be fighting at welter now

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

Actually it won't because he's going to be fighting at welter now

that's a drat shame. still, shouldn't be fat.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Speaking of Guillard he is currently suspended for testing positive for a "non PED" and his way around this is to fight in some bare knuckle boxing thing in the UK

2017 will be the year of #bkb as... - UBBAD Promotions | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/bbadtv/posts/1678588872454307

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOgZ56Mm4vc

Lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahaha cool

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BELLY BOING BOING HAWTORNE

(celebrates ko with the truffle shuffle)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I love my region

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Haha son of Tank Abbott takes home the win.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

quote:

In an interesting twist, Mitrione stated that he signed his bout agreement "blind," not knowing "The Last Emperor" would be the man standing in front of him come fight night. Since some may have dismissed that notion, "Meathead" appeared on "The MMA Hour" to confirm that he had no clue he was going to face Emelianenko until that night he shook his hand.

"They approached me and said, ‘We have an interesting concept for you.’ So I said, ‘Okay, what’s that?’ So they said, ‘We’re going to offer you a fight, we have an opponent in mind and we’re not going to tell you who, where or when. But, we think you’re down enough to do it,’" he explained.

can anyone think of a legitimate reason for doing this?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

So the announcement wouldn't leak

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

So the announcement wouldn't leak

It still did though, ages ago

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He also said legitimate and that is a very stupid reason.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He also said legitimate and that is a very stupid reason.

it's as good a guess as anything, but seriously who cares enough to even write up a new contract like that. it sounds like someone heard how matchmaking used to work in japan and was trying to emulate it but in a seriously lame way

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

it sounds like someone heard how matchmaking used to work in japan and was trying to emulate it but in a seriously lame way

Are you familiar with Scott Coker's career to date?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

It still did though, ages ago

I didn't know that

titoortiz1999 on Instagram: “This is for @sonnench. #juicebox #Bellator170”
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNLooEVjm2V/

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Are you familiar with Scott Coker's career to date?

:ortiz:

you know what i mean though

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I didn't know that

titoortiz1999 on Instagram: “This is for @sonnench. #juicebox #Bellator170”
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNLooEVjm2V/

Hahahah this owns

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Meathead is going to KO Fedor and that will be that.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Yeah, it's a lie. Meathead had actually said he was fighting Fedor weeks ago and deleted it, Meltzer brought it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I guess Rizin just(?) announced veteran pro wrestler/judoka Shinobu Kandori vs. Gabi Garcia for the New Years Eve show.

they already call Kandori "the Strongest Man in Women's Wrestling" so I'm afraid the jokes have already been made