Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Trabisnikof posted:

Here's the worst part of the article to me:

He's making baseless accusations, that Republicans themselves are rejecting, then will use those as an excuse to ignore the vote and crown him governor.

yeah, iirc his accusations are based on accusations from another candidate, who hired a "handwriting expert" and discovered a ton of the ballots in the election he lost had "the similar signatures". thing is, the other candidate lost by a huge margin, and handwriting experts are bullshit. even repubs on the election comittees are calling his bullshit for what it is. from what i hear though, if he tries to get himself appointed governor a federal court can hear the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Crowsbeak posted:

The argument of the neoliberal for why we cannot have what we want always boils down to. :We can't appeal to the white working class because they are all racist and want to burn the gays.

good thing the white working class voted for hillary in the majority. it is the white middle class that is the problem

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2016/11/21/pat_mccrory_is_trying_to_steal_the_north_carolina_governorship.html

Have you guys talking about NC's governor trying to steal the election by yelling VOTER FRAUD as loud as he can until the state legislature declares him the new governor?

The ultimate power play would be for him to do this, get sued, and then have the soon-to-be-stacked state supreme court also rule in his favor, with both the outgoing justice and whatever two partisan shits he appoints, being in the majority and refusing to recuse themselves.

He's probably going to do it and nothing is going to happen to him or the GOP when they outright steal the election because they know that even if people rioted that'd just give them an excuse to enact martial law.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

good thing the white working class voted for hillary in the majority. it is the white middle class that is the problem

Ah by a bare majority which is a huge loss compared by how Obama won them in 2012. So yes as it turns out you neoliberals are always wrong and should get in the back of the line.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Michelle Rhee met with Trump but is saying she won't be involved with the administration. One bullet dodged, 2,677 bullets to go

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gringostar posted:

Nice selective quoting, especially when I said it only "had" the potential not that it "would" have happened when asking me about why he specifically didn't actually march

thanks, i did it to draw attention to the places where you said the thing you supposedly didn't say. also, my quotes did in fact include your "had the potential" conditional, so i'm not sure why you're complaining other than because i called you out

quote:

oh, and read my other posts where I made the argument that him walking with protesters wouldn't have done poo poo before that selective quoting

So yes I do read my own posts, sorry you lack basic comprehension when it comes to reading them though.

yes, you've asserted that repeatedly, but it doesn't matter much that you think it wouldn't have done poo poo. apparently, the dems in wisconsin wanted him there and thought he could help and he promised he would be there marching with them. why is your doomsaying an excuse to ignore his campaign promises and abandon wisconsin dems?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2016/11/21/pat_mccrory_is_trying_to_steal_the_north_carolina_governorship.html

Have you guys talking about NC's governor trying to steal the election by yelling VOTER FRAUD as loud as he can until the state legislature declares him the new governor?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798865

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

Ah by a bare majority which is a huge loss compared by how Obama won them in 2012. So yes as it turns out you neoliberals are always wrong and should get in the back of the line.

:lol:

Can't appeal to a group of people who hate the other groups of your party.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Condiv posted:

thanks, i did it to draw attention to the places where you said the thing you supposedly didn't say. also, my quotes did in fact include your "had the potential" conditional, so i'm not sure why you're complaining other than because i called you out

yes, you've asserted that repeatedly, but it doesn't matter much that you think it wouldn't have done poo poo. apparently, the dems in wisconsin wanted him there and thought he could help and he promised he would be there marching with them. why is your doomsaying an excuse to ignore his campaign promises and abandon wisconsin dems?

I don't know how many times I can say this, but it wouldn't have done poo poo to help the cause and might have blown up in his and their faces. That's been my argument from the beginning and one you've done nothing but ignore.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I don't know why this thread keeps losing its head about the whole of Democratic identity. It's not like it's impossible to marry "the rights and wellbeing of the poor" with "the rights and wellbeing of women and minorities". In fact, it would seem that "we're the party of the people, as opposed to the party of the mega-wealthy" would be the obvious Democratic push at this point. Simultaneously addressing the problems of rural and urban demographics has always been a problem logistically but I'm not sure it's ever been a problem rhetorically.

Really, the party needs to run somebody who has been helping people on the ground (as opposed to some kind of angel philanthropist); someone who rolls up their sleeves and works hard to address the needs of the downtrodden. I'm not sure that person is or ever was Bernie but I'm sure my hypothetical person would share a ticket with him.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

Estimates are 20 million Trump voters will see an immediate pay cut.

Man I want to have empathy for these people but welp

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mendrian posted:

I don't know why this thread keeps losing its head about the whole of Democratic identity. It's not like it's impossible to marry "the rights and wellbeing of the poor" with "the rights and wellbeing of women and minorities". In fact, it would seem that "we're the party of the people, as opposed to the party of the mega-wealthy" would be the obvious Democratic push at this point. Simultaneously addressing the problems of rural and urban demographics has always been a problem logistically but I'm not sure it's ever been a problem rhetorically.

Really, the party needs to run somebody who has been helping people on the ground (as opposed to some kind of angel philanthropist); someone who rolls up their sleeves and works hard to address the needs of the downtrodden. I'm not sure that person is or ever was Bernie but I'm sure my hypothetical person would share a ticket with him.

This isn't the impossible since it is the same thing.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Crowsbeak posted:

Ah by a bare majority which is a huge loss compared by how Obama won them in 2012.

They're also simultaneously irredeemably racist. Their voting for Trump has nothing to do with anti-establishment attitudes, it's just a whitelash... against their own votes from 4-8 years ago.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

zegermans posted:

Man I want to have empathy for these people but welp

I don't. Hope that big "gently caress you" to the establishment was worth it you dumbasses.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

BarbarianElephant posted:

If you suggest a universal basic income to unemployed Trump voters in depressed rural areas, they'd spit in your eye and tar-and-feather you as an out-of-touch liberal. They want JOBS not handouts! Liberals telling them "those jobs are never coming back but here's how we can help" is WHY THEY ARE SO ANGRY.

People aren't super in love with the idea of their whole lives depending on a handout from the remote, callous political elites who sent their way of living to a Chinese slave factory in the name of improved Q4 dividends and haven't regretted it for a second (or for that matter who used the same legal apparatus to push them into a ghetto and deny them full citizenship at gunpoint for generations), no, and they aren't ever going to be; mincome would be a workable idea in a system that hadn't so totally disenfranchised those it's purporting to act in the interests of, but a legitimate progressive party (let alone a legitimately successful progressive party) in the US would need to firstly focus on empowering people to secure their own wellbeing independent of the whims of an aristocracy they have limited recourse to, not just foam about how ungrateful people are for the tenuous half-measure of voluntary charity they've been doled out from the systems they (rightly) no longer trust.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 22, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Gringostar posted:

I don't know how many times I can say this, but it wouldn't have done poo poo to help the cause and might have blown up in his and their faces. That's been my argument from the beginning and one you've done nothing but ignore.

i've addressed it plenty of times. i've told you that you don't know that for sure, i've told you that people in the state felt differently, and i've even shown you that people were begging him to get more involved. you just refuse to admit that you might be wrong

btw, if you want a more recent example of dems abandoning wisconsin (this very election) then here's this: http://uk.businessinsider.com/why-clinton-lost-michigan-wisconsin-2016-11?r=US&IR=T

quote:

In Wisconsin, local campaign officials were forced to raise $1 million in last-minute get-out-the-vote funds after Clinton's national campaign declined to provide it, operatives told The Huffington Post.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 22, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Mendrian posted:

:agreed:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

FlamingLiberal posted:

Michelle Rhee met with Trump but is saying she won't be involved with the administration. One bullet dodged, 2,677 bullets to go

Michelle Rhee is a weird situation where she is a bad person, but is probably the best bad person possible for a Trump admin job, because she is super focused on education employment reform and charters and not super focused on privatization as a goal in and of itself and funneling tax-payer money to religious schools like any other Trump pick would be.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Would Trump have won if he were against Obama running for a third term? (assuming he was allowed a third term)

He'd have a fair chance, probably. It's an interesting question, though. On the one hand, Obama's personal popularity and approval ratings remain high. On the other hand, Trump voters were very clear that "more of the same" is not acceptable anymore and that some meaningful change from the Obama era was necessary - and as charismatic and popular as Obama remains, even he would have a hell of a time trying to sell the idea that a third term would bring significant change from the previous two terms.

Like, I know "Hillary bad candidate" is practically a meme at this point, but I don't see how in the hell Obama could possibly have sold an economic message to people who think the economy has been bad under the Obama administration.

icantfindaname posted:

The second half of that article is a giant cop out saying there's no measurable evidence for it, but it's still sexist that people dislike Hillary. If there's no evidence, IMO, it's entirely fair to dismiss the idea

Do you accept that if sexism were a major influence in electoral politics, it would be empirically measurable?

"You’re less than 40. You don’t have any children. You don’t use your husband’s name. You practice law. Does it concern you that maybe other people feel that you don’t fit the image that we’ve created for the governor’s wife in Arkansas?”

If you want empirical evidence of sexism you might as well look at Hillary's entire political career, and the considerable lengths she went to in order to try to mitigate its effects.

override367 posted:

Judging by Obama being elected twice and still being so popular that he would have easily destroyed Trump, yeah I think so?

Getting elected is a popularity contest, and as Hillary and Kerry before showed, it's hard to win a popularity contest by talking poo poo about the other guy (regardless of how lovely the other guy is!)

It certainly didn't help things that we had the least popular politician in the entire country as our standard bearer.

Yeah, the famously polite and good-natured campaign that Trump ran really proves the ineffectiveness of negative campaigning. He campaigned on prosecuting his political opponent, I don't think the problem is that Hillary was too mean.

Mendrian posted:

It's actually incredibly difficult to marry "the rights and wellbeing of the poor" with "the rights and wellbeing of women and minorities". We know this because the Dems have tried that, repeatedly, over and over again, ever since the Civil Rights Act was signed and the white working class all immediately jumped ship from the Democrats for some weird reason.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Michelle Rhee is a weird situation where she is a bad person, but is probably the best bad person possible for a Trump admin job, because she is super focused on education employment reform and charters and not super focused on privatization as a goal in and of itself and funneling tax-payer money to religious schools like any other Trump pick would be.

She's really great if what you're into is selling union-busting and charter schools to the love-me-I'm-a-liberals. If that's not your bag (lol "employment reform") she's possibly the most poisonous option outside Kent Hovind

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, Michelle Rhee is aptly named because after hearing about her charter school activism I produce a lengthy bat-like screech whenever I read her name.

My co-workers are concerned.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes exactly. What's their loving deal anyway? Vote to further gently caress over the "lazy and stupid" poors so they can hold moral superiority over them?

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Nytimes logo even looks like trump

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

She's really great if what you're into is selling union-busting and charter schools to the love-me-I'm-a-liberals. If that's not your bag (lol "employment reform") she's possibly the most poisonous option outside Kent Hovind

I said employment reform, because her two big things in D.C. were standardized testing measures and performance pay for teachers and dramatically changing the administration side (lots more at the school level, lots less at the district level). It involved lots of jobs that were non-union already.

She explicitly ruled out religious schools with taxpayer money, even though it was a fairly popular idea among the black community in D.C. That puts her above almost every other likely DOE pick for Trump.

She is bad, but the least bad likely choice. Since she is out, look for a federal version of the Louisiana school reform plan under Jindal.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 22, 2016

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Main Paineframe posted:

It's actually incredibly difficult to marry "the rights and wellbeing of the poor" with "the rights and wellbeing of women and minorities". We know this because the Dems have tried that, repeatedly, over and over again, ever since the Civil Rights Act was signed and the white working class all immediately jumped ship from the Democrats for some weird reason.

People who think they have it bad don't really want to hear that anyone else has it worse. In fact they will flip the gently caress out when you so much as hint that might be the case. And people who devote most of their energy to thinking about how bad they have it really don't want to be lumped together with the people they hate, because in their minds that's just making things worse for poor ol' them.

If the left doesn't want to jettison white men entirely they should craft messages that frame policies that would help everyone as policies designed specifically for the exclusive benefit of white men. The balkanization of media in the internet age can actually help this. Talk to those shitheads within their bubble and trust that they'll never leave it.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

People aren't super in love with the idea of their whole lives depending on a handout from the remote, callous political elites who sent their way of living to a Chinese slave factory in the name of improved Q4 dividends and haven't regretted it for a second (or for that matter who used the same legal apparatus to push them into a ghetto and deny them full citizenship at gunpoint for generations), no, and they aren't ever going to be; mincome would be a workable idea in a system that hadn't so totally disenfranchised those it's purporting to act in the interests of, but a legitimate progressive party (let alone a legitimately successful progressive party) in the US would need to firstly focus on empowering people to secure their own wellbeing independent of the whims of an aristocracy they have limited recourse to, not just foam about how ungrateful people are for the tenuous half-measure of voluntary charity they've been doled out from the systems they (rightly) no longer trust.

I can't see mincome being popular among people who bitch about welfare because it gives their tax dollars to lazy layabouts who don't have the respectable work ethic to go get a job on their own. Nor, for that matter, would it be popular among the people who bitch about immigrants taking their economic opportunities. I realize the usual response is "mm-hrm, actually literally all progressive positions poll well, therefore we are objectively right and the masses are just being misled by the right-wing conspiracy", but how many "mincome for everyone" polls clarify that everyone includes "yes, even the minorities you think are lazy"?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Confounding Factor posted:

Yes exactly. What's their loving deal anyway? Vote to further gently caress over the "lazy and stupid" poors so they can hold moral superiority over them?

Yes

Edit: this only pertains to the white people screwing white people. If POC are included racism is the bigger driving force

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 22, 2016

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

People who think they have it bad don't really want to hear that anyone else has it worse. In fact they will flip the gently caress out when you so much as hint that might be the case. And people who devote most of their energy to thinking about how bad they have it really don't want to be lumped together with the people they hate, because in their minds that's just making things worse for poor ol' them.

If the left doesn't want to jettison white men entirely they should craft messages that frame policies that would help everyone as policies designed specifically for the exclusive benefit of white men. The balkanization of media in the internet age can actually help this. Talk to those shitheads within their bubble and trust that they'll never leave it.

Is this really what the answer comes down to? If the majority is going to get conned we might as well con them for the good of everyone.

I could be sold on it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

I can't see mincome being popular among people who bitch about welfare because it gives their tax dollars to lazy layabouts who don't have the respectable work ethic to go get a job on their own. Nor, for that matter, would it be popular among the people who bitch about immigrants taking their economic opportunities. I realize the usual response is "mm-hrm, actually literally all progressive positions poll well, therefore we are objectively right and the masses are just being misled by the right-wing conspiracy", but how many "mincome for everyone" polls clarify that everyone includes "yes, even the minorities you think are lazy"?

I really hope people can get over this mindset someday, because we're going to have town up to the fact that a lot of people will have to work a lot less thanks to automation and such.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Is this really what the answer comes down to? If the majority is going to get conned we might as well con them for the good of everyone.

I could be sold on it.

If you've got better ideas I'm totally open to them, but conning like this has been the secret to success for pretty much every progressive policy in the past. It's the Huey Long strategy and it works.

Confounding Factor posted:

People don't vote for policies, people vote for parties. See, each policy idea has to have its own little messaging campaign where you introduce what the policy is, who supports it, what its effects would be, and why you should vote for it. That's all well and good - there are good policy advertisements and bad ones, and they penetrate with varying degrees of success. But they are completely drowned out by the tidal wave, the absolute lifetime of monolithic messaging that the parties themselves put out. It's basically "studies show this berry juice has antioxidants that-" vs. "DRINK COKE."

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 22, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

If you've got better ideas I'm totally open to them, but conning like this has been the secret to success for pretty much every progressive policy in the past. It's the Huey Long strategy and it works.

it would be really cool for once to see dems who acted like they weren't interested in economic or social justice, but once they got power passed the most progressive policies ever. kinda like an inverse scott walker that promises to deport tons of immigrants but then opens the borders and implements mincome

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Monaghan posted:

I really hope people can get over this mindset someday, because we're going to have town up to the fact that a lot of people will have to work a lot less thanks to automation and such.

The Protestant work ethic and the fetishization of work, particularly blue-collar work, is already coming back to bite us, and will continue to do so as the percentage of the population able to work falls thanks to automation and increases in efficiency. This should be a good thing, but if we can't get over the idea that everyone must work or die, it's going to cause or contribute to enormous amounts of human suffering. Picture a world in which only ten percent of the population is even able to work, and everyone else is at best stuck on some sort of barely-sufficient dole.

e: if you're into nerd poo poo, we're headed for the Expanse, not the Culture.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Condiv posted:

it would be really cool for once to see dems who acted like they weren't interested in economic or social justice, but once they got power passed the most progressive policies ever. kinda like an inverse scott walker that promises to deport tons of immigrants but then opens the borders and implements mincome

I agree... let's call it the Let Blue Dogs Lie campaign...

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Condiv posted:

i've addressed it plenty of times. i've told you that you don't know that for sure, i've told you that people in the state felt differently, and i've even shown you that people were begging him to get more involved. you just refuse to admit that you might be wrong

I know for sure that Obama walking with them wouldn't have changed the outcome when (a) Walker ran and won on loving over unions (b) Obama and the democrats lost huge in 2010. You seem intent on carrying on about how if only Obama did more things would have been different when Walker was elected in part as a rebuke of Obama trying to do things. I've also not once said he was right to not show up, I've said he knew about (a) and (b) which is why he probably didn't.

Condiv posted:

btw, if you want a more recent example of dems abandoning wisconsin (this very election) then here's this: http://uk.businessinsider.com/why-clinton-lost-michigan-wisconsin-2016-11?r=US&IR=T

Yes, Clinton hosed up huge there. This is absolutely not in dispute.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Condiv posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for...dog-whistle equality.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Quorum posted:

The Protestant work ethic and the fetishization of work, particularly blue-collar work, is already coming back to bite us, and will continue to do so as the percentage of the population able to work falls thanks to automation and increases in efficiency. This should be a good thing, but if we can't get over the idea that everyone must work or die, it's going to cause or contribute to enormous amounts of human suffering. Picture a world in which only ten percent of the population is even able to work, and everyone else is at best stuck on some sort of barely-sufficient dole.

e: if you're into nerd poo poo, we're headed for the Expanse, not the Culture.

Eh. By the time AI is advanced enough to run the economy from end to end it should also be advanced enough to figure out a solution.

And I think we're a good deal further away from AI takeover than people realize.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Has a sitting president ever walked with strikers? I'm not sure it's productive to condemn Obama for not doing something I've never heard of a president doing ever.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Has a sitting president ever walked with strikers? I'm not sure it's productive to condemn Obama for not doing something I've never heard of a president doing ever.

Nope.

Several have broken them, but non have marched with them.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

This is because the framing is bullshit and we need to fix the framing. Bringing up minorities or people who are lazy and don't want to work etc only works because we let it. The focus needs to be on the people who are the cause for the suffering. You lost your job because the factory shut down? Bring up that the company that owned the factory is still making money, hand over fist. They gave you an unfair deal where they asked you to invest your time, money, home, your entire life in a job where they invested so little they're just fine with up and leaving. They cheated you out of what you already earned and deserved. They were allowed to get away with it before but they won't now, and we're going to make sure they pay you back what they owe with interest.

If you stop letting the discussion go towards whether or not it's other poor peoples' faults and towards focusing the blame on whose fault it actually is, that's how progress can be made. Identify causes and solutions to problems as opposed to trying to shut down every nonsense conspiracy theory one by one. The people who are solely motivated by racial animus can't be convinced of anything anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Politico Editor Resigns After Doxxing White Nationalist Leader

quote:

A Politico editor has resigned after publishing what he said were addresses for prominent white nationalist Richard Spencer on Facebook.

The Daily Caller reported that national editor Michael Hirsh had resigned after publishing a Facebook post Tuesday that read “Stop whining about Richard B. Spencer, Nazi, and exercise your rights as decent Americans."

“Here are his two addresses," Hirsh continued, before listing two addresses he claimed belonged to Spencer. The post the Daily Caller piece referenced are no longer accessible on Hirsh's public page.

After receiving criticism below his Facebook post about publishing the addresses (“Send a letter?” one commenter wondered), The Daily Caller reported that Hirsch wrote “I wasn’t thinking of a loving letter, Doug. He lives part of the time next door to me in Arlington. Our grandfathers brought baseball bats to Bund meetings. Want to join me?”

I have to admit, I wouldn't have expected a Politico editor of all people to go full-on "bash the fash".

• Locked thread