Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt
May 26, 2003

NonzeroCircle posted:

Bees have quite a fat midsection, get yourself some tonewasps

Funny you guys bring up tone bees.

I came across this Buddy Guy song the other day, his fuzz tone basically sounds like a swarm of angry bees trapped inside a metal trashcan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrUUQvAgaT0

Tone bees.
Buddy Guy owns

Also I would like one of those metal zone knock offs. If you end up making it, post the some clips and the specs, and how you did it please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Holy poo poo. That tone.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Kilometers Davis posted:

So if VINTAGE NOS CLEAN BURNING TUBE COOKED GOLD PLATED 1950s tone dadding is the stupidest music poo poo then what is good and pure in the industry?

Just playing whatever the gently caress you want because it sounds and or feels good to you and not because some heroin addled dork breathed on one in 1967

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Kilometers Davis posted:

So if VINTAGE NOS CLEAN BURNING TUBE COOKED GOLD PLATED 1950s tone dadding is the stupidest music poo poo then what is good and pure in the industry?

AxeFX / Helix / Kemper

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

unlawfulsoup posted:

I don't mind telecasters, but they have the same kind of problem Les Pauls have, at least to me. They are ergonomically meh. The contours on the Strat shave weight and in general make it contour better to your body, fatass or not. It is why I like the SG a lot more than LPs, because the SG can get a similar sound while being a million times more practical. Also double cutaways just make a lot more sense if you play beyond the 12th fret, on my Agile LP copy it just frustrates me to no end.

Teles still hold their niche better because Teles just sound like Teles, well the single coil ones at least. I have a humbucker tele I got for cheap ironically, and it just makes no sense.

A tele with decent contouring is an awesome thing, not sure why it isn't done more. gently caress the tele neck pickup though, the stock pickups always sound like total poo poo to my ears.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Speaking of telecasters, I got this dinged up metallic purple thing for £20 a few months back (it came with loads of stuff, I just brought it for the hardcase and the monster guitar cable). Not done anything with it yet because the finish is weird, it smells like a mixture of freshly sprayed nitro mixed with beer shits and it feels like blu-tack. It was inside the case so I suppose it was by a radiator and just stayed warm for ages which hosed with the finish, never seen anything like it before though.

(picture is unspectacular but I had to peel it off the bench after. It's now got tiny bits of flaky bench varnish embedded in the back)

Edit: That mark on the bottom left was from a cable that was resting on the body.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

Gauntlet taken: Faust Post!

I wasn't, like, trying to goad you into posting, I meant that more in the wider sense of vai throwing a gauntlet going "gently caress you, my faces own" to the world

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

White Dog Eggs posted:

A tele with decent contouring is an awesome thing, not sure why it isn't done more.

I am pretty sure Fender Standard does it now, but as expected a lot of Tele fans poo poo bricks and don't consider it a 'real tele'. Because shaving 1/4" of wood clearly wood ruin the tone or something.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Arm contour with binding.:allears:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
temporarily suspending hose rules and posting poo poo that totally owns

Dirt
May 26, 2003

The Muppets On PCP posted:

temporarily suspending hose rules and posting poo poo that totally owns

That's pretty dope.

I always wanted to try one of those Agile 7 strings. Everyone on the internet seems to love their stuff, but I ordered a Les Paul knock off years ago, and it was pretty janky.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i used to own one

it's basically an ibanez with a slightly thicker neck

even came with dimarzios but they were really muddy

if you want something solid and no frills it's hard to beat the price

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 23, 2016

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
I made a stupid music thing for my out of office message for the holidays:

https://youtu.be/hHiO7lhUcRk

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

go home, Agile, you're drunk

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

I wasn't, like, trying to goad you into posting, I meant that more in the wider sense of vai throwing a gauntlet going "gently caress you, my faces own" to the world
I was trying to be self-deprecating and funny.

Swing-and-a-miss, I suppose. Sorry.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

AxeFX / Helix / Kemper

I hate that I agree with this.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

AxeFX / Helix / Kemper

its tiny affordable tube amps for the bedroom imo

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

also rat pedals

I borrowed a really great cheap ibanez rg off a mate for a tour once and it was crushed in a service elevator (rip in peace). I like a beefy neck profile with a flat fret-board but I do miss those wizard necks, gonna keep an eye out on ebay for one for the misso.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I"m a terrible nerd apparently. Two different set of knob caps that don't work tho..

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skipopatomus posted:

go home, Agile, you're drunk

I get the slightly fanned frets for ridiculous 8 and 9 string guitars, sure, but what the gently caress is going on here? I guess Kurt and the Koreans don't give a gently caress as long as someone buys it in the end, which leads to stuff like this

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Owns bones for real. Best studio tool I have ever used. Set up a comically huge, ridiculously loud wall of multiple amps/cabs that takes two assistants to manage, record them all, make a Kemper profile and never touch them again. Do overdubs any day and not waste time resetting/re-micing and possibly getting the phase of something messed up. It's genius. Also bomb for re-amping.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 23, 2016

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I'm uncertain if this belongs here or in the non-existent awesome music poo poo thread.

https://reverb.com/item/3326921-gibson-sg90-double-1988-aqua-sparkle-burst

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Schpyder posted:

I'm uncertain if this belongs here or in the non-existent awesome music poo poo thread.

Would

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Schpyder posted:

Yep this rules.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!

Schpyder posted:

At a high enough level both are one and the same.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Schpyder posted:

Finish rules, SG shape is classic, everything else onboard awful.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm in love with the pickguard being a slightly darker version of the same finish

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

NonzeroCircle posted:

Line 6 Spider bedroom amps
Behringer pedals
Encore Strat rip-offs

The Behringer HM300 is unironically awesome, a drat good modern equivalent to the venerable Boss HM-2

Swedish 90s dukka-dukka melodic death metal buzzsaw guitar is the only tone you'll ever need.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 24, 2016

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Antivehicular posted:

I'm in love with the pickguard being a slightly darker version of the same finish

Not gonna lie, didn't even notice that it had one.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

The Behringer HM300 is unironically awesome, a drat good modern equivalent to the venerable Boss HM-2

Swedish 90s dukka-dukka melodic death metal buzzsaw guitar is the only tone you'll ever need.

Does the new TC line have a rehoused version? I've got the SF-300 which IIRC is an old BOSS FZ-2 clone

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

No idea.

But you can build your own, too: http://buildyourownclone.com/products/the-swede

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 25, 2016

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

There's been a lot of cool poo poo posted in this thread, no clue what the gently caress is going on anymore.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

There's been a lot of cool poo poo posted in this thread, no clue what the gently caress is going on anymore.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-jem77wdp-steve-vai-signature-jem-premium-series-6-string-electric-guitar?rNtt=Jem&index=2

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!

KozmoNaut posted:

No idea.

But you can build your own, too: http://buildyourownclone.com/products/the-swede

I like this idea because then you can just short each knob so that you'll always have the right settings.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Even I think that is awful.

VV The Floral Print pattern was based on drapes, not wallpaper. From JemSite:

quote:

Anna Jackson Deputy Keeper Asian Department, Victoria and Albert Museum:

Her reply was;

Thank you for your unusual textile enquiry which has been passed to me by colleagues in the Furniture, Textiles and Fashion Department. This is certainly a very striking guitar. I checked the Steve Vai 'official website' where I read that the floral print 'matched' the curtains in Steve' bedroom - I'm not sure whether this implies that it was the same fabric or that it simply was similar too, or went well with. I would say that the fabric was Japanese (and I note that the guitar manufacturer was Japanese which would follow). The motif of peonies is very Japanese - these are auspicious flowers in Asia – and the general style and feel of the design also suggests a Japanese origin. The stylised pattern and the bold colours are reminiscent of 1930s design, but I suspect that the fabric dates to the period of the guitar's manufacture.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 26, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

like the wallpaper on the original jem, the wood from this comes from his grandmother's living room floorboards and the pickguard was stained by his uncle spitting chewing tobacco at it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

shiksa posted:

like the wallpaper on the original jem, the wood from this comes from his grandmother's living room floorboards and the pickguard was stained by his uncle spitting chewing tobacco at it.

It screams trailer park to me.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
more telecaster chat - check out this description, I don't know what the gently caress... I could be charitable and say maybe English isn't their first language, but I dunno

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/5896594674.html

"Custom inlayed for audience performances"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Fair Hallion posted:

more telecaster chat - check out this description, I don't know what the gently caress... I could be charitable and say maybe English isn't their first language, but I dunno

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/5896594674.html

"Custom inlayed for audience performances"

Not every day you see people as delusional as Romeo Rose.

Dude might as well be $50,000 for that thing.

• Locked thread