Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
democracy lol, system that gave us Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler, loving hell, no thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
lol the gop's supreme court gambit actually loving worked

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Lol remember that time Sarah Silverman spoke at the DNC. Really brought in the "oh hey, I remember that 'I'm loving Matt Damon' video. That was pretty funny." demographic.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

i'm not a big fan of appeals to 'imagine if this thing happened to your side' because i dunno when people do it to me it just makes me think they are dumb

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
imagine if the dems put as much effort into disenfranchising rural whites as the gop does to people of color, this is what they have neglected

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I mean, if Hillary had won the EC and lost the popular, I would thank heavens that the EC kept him from being in office. I know 100% that this is how I would feel.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I mean, if Hillary had won the EC and lost the popular, I would thank heavens that the EC kept him from being in office. I know 100% that this is how I would feel.

I would still think it'd be another reason for the EC to be abolished though. It's an unacceptable system even if it benefits you... and it has directly hosed the Democrats twice in sixteen years so it's doubly unacceptable.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
So is it a formal or informal rule in golf that you can talk poo poo about your golf buddies but can't actually throw them in jail?

edit: just noticed Don and Bill have matching man-nips.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Not to praise our Fuhrer, but Trump and Clinton's facial expressions there are the only normal ones. Rudy looks as ghoulish as ever, and Bloomberg looks like a peeved gnome.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nationalpost/status/801296937161019392

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

In twenty years, will we get alt-alt right and alt-alt left and will that just be Bush Family Part 3 and Clinton Family Part 3? Because I'd be fine with that at this point.

Also, I'm glad that one Never Hillary guy in the picture got his wish and instead we got an orange Nazi. fair trade.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 23, 2016

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Nichael posted:

I would still think it'd be another reason for the EC to be abolished though. It's an unacceptable system even if it benefits you... and it has directly hosed the Democrats twice in sixteen years so it's doubly unacceptable.

i think the original idea has merit, especially since it has been so rarely used really, but the fact that it was intended for the electors to be non-partisan disqualifies it from being used anytime soon with a straight face

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

i think the original idea has merit, especially since it has been so rarely used really, but the fact that it was intended for the electors to be non-partisan disqualifies it from being used anytime soon with a straight face
The original idea has no merit in our society, which is ~230 years divorced from theirs, and also doesn't have loving slaves. It's a racist system that ends up disenfranchising minorities for "real America", when the whole notion of mono-cultural "real America" mattering seems to be the antithesis of the diversity this nation prides itself on.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Nichael posted:

The original idea has no merit in our society, which is ~230 years divorced from theirs, and also doesn't have loving slaves. It's a racist system that ends up disenfranchising minorities for "real America", when the whole notion of mono-cultural "real America" mattering seems to be the antithesis of the diversity this nation prides itself on.

i mean in a sense of a last resort for preventing someone like trump or worse from winning

i don't mean in it's current form, but just a sort of "break in case of emergency" option isn't to be immediately dismissed imo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

i mean in a sense of a last resort for preventing someone like trump or worse from winning

i don't mean in it's current form, but just a sort of "break in case of emergency" option isn't to be immediately dismissed imo

If this doesn't warrant an emergency, then I can't fathom what would. Seriously, what would and also be realistically elected? A dude goosestepping around DC with a swastika on his forehead?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Nichael posted:

If this doesn't warrant an emergency, then I can't fathom what would. Seriously, what would and also be realistically elected? A dude goosestepping around DC with a swastika on his forehead?

no that's what i'm saying; the original EC was supposed to be non-partisan so they wouldn't just vote with their party in mind, but would do it for the entire country, so when you have someone who is wholly unqualified and most people who actually know their poo poo, as well as foreign leaders all over the world, say "yeah this dude is dangerous as gently caress" there's a mechanism to stop it

not saying the current form/incarnation of it satisfies that, for obvious reasons, but i'm saying the idea of an emergency release valve so to speak shouldn't be lumped in with the current EC and discarded completely

not that i'd trust the current political class to make something better, but just for the sake of posting on a dead forum about poo poo i can't really affect, it's out there

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

america has been split in two by an AT field, and everything that is happening is just strengthening the field

obama/clinton/merkel are SEELE, trying to change humanity into one big gesalt being; globalism being the human instrumentation project, breaking down all the barriers between nations

trump, I guess, is shinji. spent most of his life refusing to fight, finally forced to pilot eva against his will

the plot almost complete, one big global market everyone turned into tang but trump finds the strength to break free of his and society's self absorption

This is the best post

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

bloomberg is left handed

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Wikkheiser posted:

Maybe I should seek Buddhism

am buddhist, i could write a thread talking you out of it!

its boring and you feel bad on a species-wide level constantly!

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Conservative shithead cries about millenials and marxism, film at 11.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

remember to vote for donald j trump on november 28th

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
anime game chat time!

just finished mute route of hate plus. welp. it's rather... relevant this year. the story of the neoconfucian revolution reminds me of a robert toplin's point that conservatism isnt actually conservative, but is actually a radical ideology designed to reshape society towards a mythical goal. in this case, a society with sharp class divides and limited franchise was transformed into joseon-era neoconfucianism. god knows what would have happened if cruz won. at least the right seems too divided to this pull poo poo of right now

the press emphasizes the women's rights theme, but there's a strong economic message as well. the pre-neoconfucianism steadily stripped economic and political rights from commoners, until everyone was destitute and illiterate and locked out of the ship's computers. all progress was halted, science and engineering was crippled so no new knowledge could be made. their destruction was inevitable, if it wasnt an angry girl despondent at her mortality and abuse, it would have been a peasant uprising or some internal palace coup that would have vented the entire ship, or the cosmic ray bombardment would have dropped the birthrate to below-replacement

fortunately, by all indications trump is a total idiot who won't consolidate all power into himself anywhere near as effectively as ryu. i hope

so let us work to safeguard a future that can equitably share knowledge and resources amongst all individuals, so to build a more robust society that face the entropy of the universe

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nichael posted:

Literally Satan after Xe wins the heartland because of the -R after the incomprehensible blasphemies that pass for Xis Name on the ballot.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
I'm gonna laugh so hard when Trump and Congress just go ahead and ratify the TPP once he takes office, I know people say it's dead but like everything else I don't believe they'll follow through. Nothing about the current Republican crop points to them opposing it, they've routinely poo poo on their vulnerable constituents in favour of corporate interests before, in fact a large number seem to revel in it. They all worship at the alter of Reagan and 'free trade', and the TPP is both of those things to all hell.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they will actually listen to the populist wave on this but I just can't believe it till I see it happen. Especially now that he's back pedaling on everything

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump appointing Nikki Haley for UN ambassador. I wonder how Breitbart is taking it...

quote:

I wouldn't 'tap' her to dog sit!
-
Isn't this the same person who spearheaded the campaign to remove the confederate flag? No charges for the Hildebeast, open mind on climate change and now this. I'm starting to get an unfunny feeling about this guy.
-
She'll find lots of alpha males there to have sex with
-
Destroy the UN. IT is the beast of Revelation! It must be destroyed. America needs to get out of the UN and kick them out of America.

The 7-headed beast of Revelation chapters 13 and 17 - The G-7 of the UN.

The G-7 are the 7 heads of the UN, which have Veto power over any resolution that goes before the General Assembly for a vote. These 7 heads must be unanimous. The 7 heads are USA, UK, Canada, France, Italy, Germany and Japan.

The 7-headed beast suffers a mortal head wound. This is America.

Get out of it, Mr. Trump!
-
good. The sexist Rubio loving witch is out as the governor of the good state of South Carolina
-
This sellout, harlot, money-grubbing, lowlife, National Review pin-up trash? Ridiculous and increasingly looks like Nixonian betrayal. This must be coming from his family. She drops her panties as fast as she dropped the Confederate Flag, sucking up the NAACP.
-
What the F is wrong with him? This antigun RINO turd to the UN to support the Small Arms Treaty?

And next possibly McStain's intern Ayotte as SecDef?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I'm gonna laugh so hard when Trump and Congress just go ahead and ratify the TPP once he takes office, I know people say it's dead but like everything else I don't believe they'll follow through. Nothing about the current Republican crop points to them opposing it, they've routinely poo poo on their vulnerable constituents in favour of corporate interests before, in fact a large number seem to revel in it. They all worship at the alter of Reagan and 'free trade', and the TPP is both of those things to all hell.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they will actually listen to the populist wave on this but I just can't believe it till I see it happen. Especially now that he's back pedaling on everything

I think Congress won't vote for it. It's so unpopular that it may be used against individual congressmen, democrats or republicans in reelections. Which is a shame because the chief aim of the TPP is to contain China. I wish they had made something that was more palatable so that we had some option of countering Chinese economic dominance in the region.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
they need to stop having investor state dispute settlements being part of these trade deals. they're so loving dumb and bad

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh god even The Golden Don isn't pure enough

Ha ha ha ha ha

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Baloogan posted:

*americans thinking clearly for once*
*internet atheists and internet communists upset like usual*
*anime enthusiasts ecstatic*

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Nichael posted:

Not to praise our Fuhrer, but Trump and Clinton's facial expressions there are the only normal ones. Rudy looks as ghoulish as ever, and Bloomberg looks like a peeved gnome.

so he looks like what he is?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/801412513057411072

you know the daily news is a legit failing newspaper how come he doesn't target them

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm actually heartened to see that the Internet mutants who supported Trump have been thoroughly tricked and are super pissed about it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm actually heartened to see that the Internet mutants who supported Trump have been thoroughly tricked and are super pissed about it

Imagine the reaction when the wall is not built

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Baloogan posted:

trump
seriously
got
elected
president
not
even
joking
holy gently caress

:trumppop:

:derp:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Monkey Fracas posted:

im just hoping we get /r/the_donald to turn

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Every morning when I wake up the slap in the face of Trump hurts a little less

Esp since he seems to be jettisoning some of his more terrible supporters and is burning them like every other unwary business partner he's ever had who trusted The Don on anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
hillary found the russian sex tape kompromat

• Locked thread