Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Sadly I don't think the Tempest will have an AI to insert into a sexbot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

talking about aliens they want to bone please

all of them

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I said come in! posted:

Post Tali fanart.

This is the only one you need.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Thor-Stryker posted:

They can self-identify with a sociopathic 16-year-old chav that freezes or sets herself on fire?

I didn't see a Burberry Cap on Sera's head or a cheap tracksuit. :v:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Veotax posted:

Random off topic question: I'm looking to put in an SSD after Christmas, is it worth going for an M2 (apparently my motherboard has an M2 slot, didn't even know they were a thing when I brought it) over a regular SSD?

Go to hardware / software and then the ssd thread. It is a matter of cost / benefit of becoming an early adopter. Also, we'd need to check the motherboard to make sure it is nvme vs sata m.2.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

Go to hardware / software and then the ssd thread. It is a matter of cost / benefit of becoming an early adopter. Also, we'd need to check the motherboard to make sure it is nvme vs sata m.2.

I'll dig out the box after work and post, thanks.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Dues ex? Bioshock ? Fallout ?The bungie game that's not halo. Swtor I guess.

All games I've played a lot of. Was thinking more newer or upcoming stuff.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Every so often, life delivers a few keystone opinions that reinforce our knowledge that some people are just objectively wrong about everything. It's OK if Witcher 3 isn't your cup of tea, or dislike certain aspects of the game, but if you think it's a bad game your baseline opinions on everything are so off that, axiomatically, everything you believe is probably just incomprehensibly wrong and you should keep your diseased opinions hidden away in the dark where normal people can't see them.

An example from Mass Effect is letting Ashley kill Wrex, or letting Ashley live at all.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ramadu posted:

This is the only one you need.

The Bioware forum post so horrible Bioware openly mocked it in the Citadel DLC.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Jeza posted:

An example from Mass Effect is letting Ashley kill Wrex, or letting Ashley live at all.

Yes, good Shepards shoot Wrex themselves.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
if Wrex died in your play through

you hosed up

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Veotax posted:

I'll dig out the box after work and post, thanks.

I was phone earlier. Link:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788665

Moola posted:

you hosed up

I never understood how you could lose Wrex from a playing perspective. Like, I went back and redid the dialogue such that you kill him. I literally understand HOW you can lose Wrex. What I don't get is how someone couldn't see what was going on with Wrex and see the very clear solution (choose the blue button, doofus). Did people just blindly mash through dialogue and treat the game like Modern Warfare 2: Spess Marine or not invest points into the charm skills?

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 23, 2016

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Potato Salad posted:

Did people just blindly mash through dialogue and treat the game like Modern Warfare 2: Spess Marine or not invest points into the charm skills?

This is what happened. Its also why like 90% of players pick a maleshep soldier because its the default.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Didn't doing his family armor quest turn the blue/red options into regular text options?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I thought you HAD to do his side quest and have a certain Paragon or else you'd be forced to kill him.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lt. Danger posted:

Yes, good Shepards shoot Wrex themselves.

Wrex is awesome but the Tuchanka arc in ME3 is admittedly way more interesting if Wreav's in charge. A lot of plot threads in ME3 are like this.

By the way, it is possible to never recruit Wrex ever in ME1 and Wreav's dialogue on Tuchanka is very slightly altered if you do this.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Thor-Stryker posted:

I thought you HAD to do his side quest and have a certain Paragon or else you'd be forced to kill him.

Nope, armor is optional, but the check is VERY hard to make unless you've been maxing one way or the other. The armor makes it so you don't have to make the check directly. I don't remember if it changes the dialogue options to regular conversation ones, but I don't think so. I've always gotten the armor but still try to do the Persuade option when it came up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DarkHorse posted:

Nope, armor is optional, but the check is VERY hard to make unless you've been maxing one way or the other. The armor makes it so you don't have to make the check directly. I don't remember if it changes the dialogue options to regular conversation ones, but I don't think so. I've always gotten the armor but still try to do the Persuade option when it came up.

The armor is its own dialogue wheel option that pops up at the same point that the Paragon/Renegade speech checks do. I think besides convincing Saren to kill himself, it's the highest persuasion check in the game.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Moola posted:

you hosed up

This man speaks truth.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I haven't been following coverage too closely. Has there been more than a few seconds of combat footage?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Rinkles posted:

I haven't been following coverage too closely. Has there been more than a few seconds of combat footage?

no. the big gameplay reveal is Dec. 1

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

By the way, it is possible to never recruit Wrex ever in ME1 and Wreav's dialogue on Tuchanka is very slightly altered if you do this.

somewhere out there are people who never recruited either Wrex or Garrus in me1

if you can even call them people...

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Moola posted:

somewhere out there are people who never recruited either Wrex or Garrus in me1

if you can even call them people...

I somehow missed Garrus in my first playthrough :negative:

I stopped sometime after leaving the Citadel and reloaded because gently caress missing content, and I'm so glad I did.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Moola posted:

all of them

The Asari are not sexy. I hate them.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

All games I've played a lot of. Was thinking more newer or upcoming stuff.

My good friend have you heard of the rpg sensation of the century?

It's called E.Y.E:DIVINE CYBERMANCY

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I had Wrex die in my first playthrough of ME1 because I agreed with him about not wanting to destroy the facility, but there isn't an option to say that, so I just hunted through the dialogue tree until Ashley shot him. The Wreav plot in ME3 is definitely more interesting, though, as mentioned.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

9-Volt Assault posted:

This is what happened. Its also why like 90% of players pick a maleshep soldier because its the default.

This isn't why. I mean it may have contributed, but it should be obvious why so many people went with Soldier.

"Hmm... so this is a game where I am a member of the military who goes on special missions. Like a solider?"

"Hmm... I have my choice of three backgrounds. All three of them describe how I joined the military. I guess I'm a... soldier?"

"Hmm... I have my choice of three psychological profiles. All three of them describe a key moment in my military career... LIKE A SOLDIER????"

They railroaded people into that choice. Now yeah being in the military doesn't exclude being a engineer or Abused Psyker Experiment but all that poo poo sets a certain tone. Especially seeing as you are the captain of the ship, a role to which a combat officer type role feels perfectly natural, but not so much a techie or pariah-lite-psychic. Like if you had to wait a while to become captain it would feel perfectly natural in Anderson was in command of the ship. Or Prescott. They are military men. But if would be strange if the Chief Engineer Whoever from the engine room or Kaiden were suddenly on the bridge barking orders.

Then on top of all of that you have to consider that the first time someone plays Mass Effect (at whatever point they enter the series), they have no idea what an engineer or biotic is gonna play like or if it will be a good fit for them. But "armored dude with a gun" is self explanatory. The soldier is the natural "first play" class and for many people that's as far as it goes. It's the same reason people gravitate towards whatever class is most closely described as "fighter" in unfamiliar game systems. A dude with a big HP pool, good armor, and weapon expertise is always the easiest class to ease you way into a new game world with.

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.
I like how on the face, Asari are the most boringest of all the aliens. And then you realize that they are space parasites, using space magic to gently caress with the heads of other species so that they look like attractive women to everyone. Then they steal peoples DNA and self replicate using it. Liara is basically a case of space worms. Stupid sexy space worms.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Alain Post posted:

The Asari are not sexy. I hate them.

I think they have the potential to be really interesting in that they dont have defined genders so you could go crazy on their designs and outfits

so of course bioware made them 99% sexy super models ladies in skimpy clothes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

Then on top of all of that you have to consider that the first time someone plays Mass Effect (at whatever point they enter the series), they have no idea what an engineer or biotic is gonna play like or if it will be a good fit for them. But "armored dude with a gun" is self explanatory. The soldier is the natural "first play" class and for many people that's as far as it goes. It's the same reason people gravitate towards whatever class is most closely described as "fighter" in unfamiliar game systems. A dude with a big HP pool, good armor, and weapon expertise is always the easiest class to ease you way into a new game world with.

Bioware was mostly known for Knights of the Old Republic, where you could use blasters or a lightsaber and force powers. Biotics was kind of just another way to use the Force but without calling it that and with more of a backstory.

So I don't buy that people wouldn't have known how a biotic would have played. People knew it would have played like you're using the Force powers like push and barrier and all that.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
some asari have penises

discuss

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Codependent Poster posted:

Bioware was mostly known for Knights of the Old Republic, where you could use blasters or a lightsaber and force powers. Biotics was kind of just another way to use the Force but without calling it that and with more of a backstory.

So I don't buy that people wouldn't have known how a biotic would have played. People knew it would have played like you're using the Force powers like push and barrier and all that.

I picked vanguard because after reading a brief description my brain went "Shotgun Jedi" and stuck with it.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Asari can extract genetic material from the males of other species.
Asari can extract genetic material from other members of their own species.
It is possible the extraction method doesn't have anything to do with typical male/female intercourse, but I doubt it.
So all asari probably have penises.

Have we ever had a mainstream scifi universe that didn't include a sexy alien species whose defining characteristic was being promiscuous/prostitutes/sex slaves/sybarites?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So they give birth out of giant alien penises?? Or do they have buttbabies

these are critical questions

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nevets posted:

It is possible the extraction method doesn't have anything to do with typical male/female intercourse, but I doubt it.

Have we ever had a mainstream scifi universe that didn't include a sexy alien species whose defining characteristic was being promiscuous/prostitutes/sex slaves/sybarites?

Star Wars doesn't really?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Zore posted:

Star Wars doesn't really?

Twileks are almost always seen being sex slaves / pole dancers.

Zzulu posted:

So they give birth out of giant alien penises?? Or do they have buttbabies

these are critical questions

They can have both spaceman and spacelady parts, it's the future!

Nevets fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 23, 2016

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Nevets posted:

Maybe they don't have penises but, like, biological turkey basters that slither out of their cooter like they smuggled an elephant up there and extract their mate's essence by sending that squirmy little cooter trunk up the cooter (or butt) of their fellow asari?

I think that's a legit theory. And if they ever drop their wallet or keys on the ground instead of bending over they just gotta squat a little bit and their cooter trunk can pick it up off the ground and put it back into their pocket.

really makes you think.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Drifter posted:

Maybe they don't have penises but, like, biological turkey basters that slither out of their cooter like they smuggled an elephant up there and extract their mate's essence by sending that squirmy little cooter trunk up the cooter (or butt) of their fellow asari?

I think that's a legit theory. And if they ever drop their wallet or keys on the ground instead of bending over they just gotta squat a little bit and their cooter trunk can pick it up off the ground and put it back into their pocket.

really makes you think.

I should go.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Am I on the Bioware forums wat is happening?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i checked in to see if anything new came out and holy christ what is happening in this thread