Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Got more dew codes. Same rules as before. Must have posts in this thread. I'll send anyone two, and if I already sent you two and you didn't get the skin or takedown I'll send you two more. (Honor system people)

Details:
You go to the https://www.dewanddoritos.com website (Not the titanfall one!) and register an account and link your gamertag/PSN/origin ID. From there you enter a code. Each code gives you automatic 1x 2xp and a coliseum ticket. The 2xp is a one-time use, per-match, it's kind of bullshit. When you start a game you'll receive a prompt in the bottom right to activate it if you have the code redeemed. In addition to the above you get a "chance" at the dew ion skin, "in your face" takedown, and early access to Ronin. Only the first two really matter. The takedown is pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Give me some, mr Dicks

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
:mad:
https://gfycat.com/LivelyJauntyAfricangroundhornbill
At least I got my battery back afterwards

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Got more dew codes. Same rules as before. Must have posts in this thread. I'll send anyone two, and if I already sent you two and you didn't get the skin or takedown I'll send you two more. (Honor system people)
I'll take some codes

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Boy hackers really are bad at hiding it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Fh8PwHaPk

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Boy hackers really are bad at hiding it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Fh8PwHaPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWK8RlMIQRU

agreed

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=Wtu3fUs9i7M&video_start=0&audio=CvZ0BIDekmg&audio_start=2

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I wish Northstar had any of the kit I used to run with the railgun in the first game. Particle wall, multi target missiles or damage core would be awesome. Flight core makes zero sense, I really wish it was more like the amped railgun with a quick or even instant charge up.

Northstar needs a buff

Tone needs a nerf

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Anime sucks

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=Wtu3fUs9i7M&video_start=6&audio=yfp2Bg6iUdY&audio_start=0

no jk I want the anime paint job

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Just played through the campaign,mostly because I figured I could at least classify it as practice and figure out my optimum loadout. Didn't realize I'd enjoy it so much.I mean,sure,it still ain't Shakespeare,but A Boy and his Robot is still a massive upgrade over the first game's "story".
I am a tad disappointed you don't get to fight Whatshisface at the end. Guess you need your EA-mandated sequel/DLC hooks.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

If you have any left to spare,I wouldn't mind a couple codes.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
I love it when cheeky pilots forget about ronins sword :getin:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Starting a Oceania Goon network on PS4.

Look up AuSA as the tag.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
is there any interest in starting an oceania network for PC? also i put my name in the spreadsheet questionnaire wrong because i couldnt remember exactly what it got changed to, i accidentally put "stretched quite wide" because im a fuckwit

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Score was 490-498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4S9eDJskXo

Felt good man

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
get falled on

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I wish Northstar had any of the kit I used to run with the railgun in the first game. Particle wall, multi target missiles or damage core would be awesome. Flight core makes zero sense, I really wish it was more like the amped railgun with a quick or even instant charge up.

I've said it before, but I think Northstar's sniper gimmick and flight gimmick should have been two separate Titans. Maybe give the flying one the quad-rockets from T1 and then give the sniper some sort of active camouflage or something.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I think those clone thingys would be better for Northstar than cloaking

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Details:
You go to the https://www.dewanddoritos.com website (Not the titanfall one!) and register an account and link your gamertag/PSN/origin ID. From there you enter a code. Each code gives you automatic 1x 2xp and a coliseum ticket. The 2xp is a one-time use, per-match, it's kind of bullshit. When you start a game you'll receive a prompt in the bottom right to activate it if you have the code redeemed. In addition to the above you get a "chance" at the dew ion skin, "in your face" takedown, and early access to Ronin. Only the first two really matter. The takedown is pretty rad.

The only code I look for at this point is the Target one with the universally usable camo. If you ever come across one naturally I'd be interested, otherwise I'm good. :cool:

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Jesus Christ, Legion spews out a shitload of damage.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

ninjahedgehog posted:

I've said it before, but I think Northstar's sniper gimmick and flight gimmick should have been two separate Titans. Maybe give the flying one the quad-rockets from T1 and then give the sniper some sort of active camouflage or something.

This is the kind of stuff where I miss the days with modding and private servers. It used to be if I had an idea of tweaking the game I could do it and host my own server and have my friends join it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

guns for tits posted:

Jesus Christ, Legion spews out a shitload of damage.

I'm curious how fast the new legion kit will shoot the second power shot. It does a surprising amount of damage, like a charged north star shot.

Also, does North stars piercing shot work on barriers/shields or only Titans?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Pretty amateur question (I'm level 5) but are the titan classes/chassis locked to a specific weapon?

In the first game I could pick a chassis and a gun, is that option locked behind a certain level or have they simplified things?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I want codes, I want them all. Also I already posted in this thread about how terrible I am in this fun game.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Beastie posted:

Pretty amateur question (I'm level 5) but are the titan classes/chassis locked to a specific weapon?

In the first game I could pick a chassis and a gun, is that option locked behind a certain level or have they simplified things?

The chassis are more generalized here. Ronin is shotgun and sword, Scorch is lumbering firemonster etc. You've got customization options that can change the behavior of certain abilities, but you can't exchange weapons and abilities.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Cool that's what I thought but the menus were so overwhelming to me that I didn't know if I was interpreting them correctly.

I'll happily pony up a few bucks for premium skins. I like Respawn and I like when companies don't strangle their user base for more cash.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
So you guys are right, Ronin with nuke eject is good and lots of fun once you get the hang of it. I just executed 5 titans in one game.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

-Thought I was running stim and accidentally dropped an amped wall facing the wrong direction
-Somehow didn't notice an enemy run right by me
-Still somehow got a triple kill

http://imgur.com/zpgNOsQ

lmao

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 23, 2016

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

squidgee posted:

So you guys are right, Ronin with nuke eject is good and lots of fun once you get the hang of it. I just executed 5 titans in one game.

One game I nuke ejected took down two Titans, and dropped another Ronin the second I landed from the eject. And then I did it again.
:getin:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

squidgee posted:

Follow-up noob question. In the campaign I only managed to execute a titan like twice. When they are about to go critical I run up and hit melee , correct?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Knifegrab posted:

Alright so you just started titanfall 2, and you're thinking, I'm getting all these creds, what should I get?!

I know, I know, you're eyeing that shotgun, and the smart pistol. WELL WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE MY FRIEND!

First off play video games, have fun and get what you wanna get. Now you want the dirt? Alright follow these steps to ensure you're unlocking quality first and foremost.

Do you like to help teammates and build titans incredibly quick? Get low profile asap, it may just as well be the best perk in the game.

Do you like to blow up titans and lay traps? Get satchels, they unlock late as hell but absolutely can decimate titans and pilots alike (set it up on the bank for a beaucoup bucks surprise).

You want to just be a pro and use the best tactical? Get phase shift, it is hands down the best (I DID NOT SAY MOST FUN!)

You want to run and gun like a dick? Well good news is you get stims super quick (lvl 3) so spend your money on the volt. Best smg in the game, the others are good too but the volt is hands down the best for people who never want to ads.

You want the best AT weapon? Well they all unlock pretty quick but the Thunderbolt is the best one, but they all have they're uses (don't use charge hack, its a gimmick bad pilots use!)

You want the best titan? Its pretty cheap you could pick up tone, they all unlock at low levels though.

You want to farm grunts and do nothing else in your life? Get the EPG and consider buying the smart pistol boost.

Congratulations pilot, you're now sperging your way to the top!

Do tell about the AT weapons? My thunderbolt shots always just sail on by doing gently caress all damage. Also the charge hack laser seems to be really useful in building Titan meter and staying on the move.

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

Xguard86 posted:

Do tell about the AT weapons? My thunderbolt shots always just sail on by doing gently caress all damage. Also the charge hack laser seems to be really useful in building Titan meter and staying on the move.

The best thing about the Thunderbolt is that it feels like it charges your Titan meter really fast. It does decent damage and it has more range than the MGL, but I still feel like the MGL is my preferred AT weapon because it seems to do the most damage.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Beastie posted:

Follow-up noob question. In the campaign I only managed to execute a titan like twice. When they are about to go critical I run up and hit melee , correct?

Yup, exactly. Once you see the striped health meter start mashing melee.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I could do it all the time in the first game, and I tried like hell to do it in this one but I guess I done hosed it up.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Xguard86 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DcNp0Y-4Y

FrothyOmen was a competitive TF1 player, he goes over all the equipment in this video, charge rifle/mag launcher being the best AT weapons by far.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

YouSpoonyBard posted:

The best thing about the Thunderbolt is that it feels like it charges your Titan meter really fast. It does decent damage and it has more range than the MGL, but I still feel like the MGL is my preferred AT weapon because it seems to do the most damage.

Thunderbolt shoots a slow moving, enemy piercing, AOE that can hit multiple times. Unless you're hitting direct shots with the ball you're not doing much damage, but when you fire it into a mess of Titans it generates a whole lot of meter.

MGL is definitely the most deeps, only issue is it's pretty easy to get out ranged. Really, all the AT weapons are good they just have their own niche.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

There's a lot of talk that maybe Titan executions are a little glitchy and don't always activate when they should. Don't know why but it definitely seems to be true. But yeah, just melee when they're doomed.

RE: Thunderbolt - I don't have any concrete evidence but I think it might actually do more damage if you let it sail by the enemy instead of landing directly. More time to do splash damage that way. I could be wrong though.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Xguard86 posted:

AT weapon roundup (from best to worst):

Thunderbolt: OK, here's the thing about the thunderbolt: it loving wrecks poo poo. FIrst off, you don't need to hit a titan directly to do damage. If a titan is standing still and you shoot the thunderbolt right over its shoulder, it will do about 1/3 - 1/2 of pip damage to the titan. If you hit it directly it will generally do just under a full pip of damage.

But here's the thing, the indirect damage is where the thunderbolt crushes. Say the enemy has four titans all grouped up down a corridor. Toss a thunderbolt just over their heads and you will do 1/3-1/2 a pip of damage on each of their titans. That right there will probably give you half titan build meter off one shot.

A tone dropped a shield? Shoot the thunderbolt around the side or over top and still do that indirect damage. If there is only one titan, sure try and hit him directly but if there are more just use it for that sweet sweet indirect damage. The area of effect is surprisingly huge and while against one target its not amazing against multiple it really stacks up damage incredibly.

Archer heavy rocket: I know what you're thinking. That slow rear end rocket?! Yes. It loving destroys titans. Yes it can be dodged by a competent pilot, yes it gives them a locking notification, but a direct hit does almost an entire pip's worth of damage, and if you amp it it does 1.6 pips of damage, 1.6! An amped archer will one shot a doomed titan. Use it in conjunction with cloak and the lock notification means you likely won't get retaliated against. Also one of the best post-eject AT weapons. Its really good and often overlooked.

Maglauncher - The second best indirect fire AT weapon. Use its massive arch and magnetic lock on to your advantage. Never expose yourself to an enemy titan. It actually has the highest DPS against a single titan in the game. However its limited range is it's achilles heel. However, again, that can be managed by making sure you arch it over obstacles so the nearby titans can't gib you.

Charge rifle - Its still really good, but it got nerfed. It has damage fall off and it does a pretty pathetic amount at distance. However amping it removes the fall off, an amped charge rifle is pretty darn good! Don't use charge hack. Charge rifle is already a giant laser pointer telling the titans to "shoot here"! Charge hack just lets you put out more and more of those little laser pointers. Best used on fast moving classes imo. Don't forget you can feather your trigger to keep a charge rifle almost at full charge to fire at a notice.

squidgee posted:

You can start nuke eject while in the phase dimension!

runchild posted:

There's a lot of talk that maybe Titan executions are a little glitchy and don't always activate when they should. Don't know why but it definitely seems to be true. But yeah, just melee when they're doomed.

RE: Thunderbolt - I don't have any concrete evidence but I think it might actually do more damage if you let it sail by the enemy instead of landing directly. More time to do splash damage that way. I could be wrong though.

I actually did these tests last night in a private match. Engaging a single titan it is always better to go for a direct hit. However as soon as there is more than one enemy titan letting it sail close by but not impacting will do more DPS and generate more build time.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Knifegrab posted:

You can start nuke eject while in the phase dimension!

:drat:

Going to have to try this!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I just can't do better than 45s in the training :negative:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hulk Krogan posted:

-Thought I was running stim and accidentally dropped an amped wall facing the wrong direction
-Somehow didn't notice an enemy run right by me
-Still somehow got a triple kill

http://imgur.com/zpgNOsQ

lmao

THe amped wall was inside u all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

Unless you're hitting direct shots with the ball you're not doing much damage

The ball itself does 200 damage, each tick of the lightning arcs does 150. If you hit a titan with the Thunderbolt you're doing way less damage than if you purposefully graze it.