Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Brother Friendship posted:

We can debate what role Russia had in the releasing of the information, but honestly from optics, substance and motive (as well as our own intelligence communities assessment) I think it's clear Russia played a role in the election, he was openly encouraged by Donald Trump and the media were their typical useless selves and gladly let themselves be used for ratings. I believe this is the 'tat' for the 'tit' the Russians saw when we opened up centers to advance democracy in Russia and encouraged (McCain, of course) protests against the Russian government. This was one of the triggers for Putin's return to power and one of his first set of actions was to dismantle foreign funded political activity it deemed hostile. With Trump in power Putin will be able to cash in his chips from the Crimea to Syria, elevate Russia's place in the emerging multi polar world while diminishing the United States at the same time. A foreign power meddling in domestic politics is a classic sign of a nation's decline and our society must be vigilant in defending itself against this corrosive and corrupt influence.

As much joy as I took from watching the same people who created the most advanced and pervasive police states in human history have their own turn at the privacy guillotine and all their communications dumped into the open (how I :lol:'d) it is beyond dangerous what Russia pulled, how the media played along and how big of an impact is actually had. What happened was the equivalent of Watergate not because of what Nixon ordered but rather when the Nixon tapes were released and the true inner workings of the Clinton administration became open and obvious. Items such as Clinton orchestrating her connections in the media to promote Trump as a way of luring the GOP into self destructing were so cynical, short sighted, selfish and loving evil that it permanently killed any loyalty I could have had to Clinton even if she hadn't handed the world's oldest democracy into the hands of an open tyrant and demagogue. The knowledge is useful in that it openly identifies at least how deeply corrupted our political apparatus has become in the past generation. Even in that analysis, however, there is now the dangerous precedent that a foreign power can hack one party and, due to partisan division, the other party will not stand in unison to both condemn and counter the intrusion into our body politic.

The best part is seeing Russia realize we as a country were too drat stupid at large to realize what was up. Like if they wanted to fire a shot across our bow about meddling in their elections, but nailed us amidships and now they have to figure out how to deal with the international fallout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Karl Sharks posted:

canadian: hey that guy who is listening to nazis? yeah don't just let him do whatever he wants, get involved and fight back
mexican: lol you're not even american
everyone else: yeah listen to the mexican about the canadian about what he thinks about the american president-elect

you are right we should stop bickering with our canadian brothers and start planning the two front invasion/liberation of america

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Karl Sharks posted:

but the way to get everyone voting every 2 years is to get more involved and increase turnout

Yep agreed

Sooooo what step in that process is getting nagged by a pisspants foreigner

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Montasque posted:

I just read the first part about hating Trump the longest. He's right, he has. About the rest, BabyPolis is from Mexico, you know, the people Trump wants to round up in camps.

About mounting a resistance against Trump, maybe there should be a direct action thread. Everyone loves a Goon project!

i don't give a poo poo if he's a lesbian transgender muslim mexican if he's saying "yeah, don't actually try to resist, just chill until 2018 and then we'll fix it"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

Go play hockey or some poo poo nuck

It's possible to do things and also to shitpost so idk who you think you're convincing itt with your bold stance of "I'm real scared up here in my igloo someone do something!!!"

why won't the mean canadian just let me ignore the nazi in peace

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
lmao imagine being a HUD employee right now

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Vox Nihili posted:

"Well at least there will be agency sponsored naptime"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

Yep agreed

the one that comes after people become complacent and apathetic not even 2 weeks after he won saying "yeah, whatever, we'll fix it in a couple years i guess, nothing can be done until then"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pon de Bundy posted:

lol@ your cowardly accusation of anti semitism

you're a lil nancy boy

I would rather make cowardly accusations of anti-semitism than cowardly excuses for anti-semitism.

Yinlock posted:

again i'm not sure how my nationality means that you should ignore the nazi

just because i am, currently, fine does not mean I want a lot of people to suffer greatly at the hands of an orange rapist, why is this so hard for you to understand

You need to pretend everything is fine until it gets so bad that nothing could ever stop it, obviously. It's the American way of dealing with your problems.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

mitt romney should have this job, as his father was a good man

mitt romney therefore, must be good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

Yep agreed

well apparently you can't get off your own rear end so i have to nag you until you do

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

"Well at least there will be agency sponsored naptime"

lmao if you think trump won't outlaw naps nationwide, he hates them!!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Karl Sharks posted:

i don't give a poo poo if he's a lesbian transgender muslim mexican if he's saying "yeah, don't actually try to resist, just chill until 2018 and then we'll fix it"

You're arguing with a Canadian, who defended a Mexican, who was arguing with a Canadian.

This is how Trump won.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

babypolis posted:

you are right we should stop bickering with our canadian brothers and start planning the two front invasion/liberation of america

no, that would involve doing something other than just voting in a couple years, hard pass

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Karl Sharks posted:

lmao if you think trump won't outlaw naps nationwide, he hates them!!

There's no way Clarence Thomas doesn't side with the liberals against this legislation imo.

He appreciates a good nap in the middle of lawyers yelling more than most.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
ITT ppl saying complacency and apathy exist are projecting harder than President-elect Donald J Trump does.

I don't see any complacency or apathy anywhere other than from handwringers here lol

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

man yall are taking this in a bad way. im not saying dont do anything. do whatever you can to help your fellow man. that poo poo should have nothing to do with who is president

im talking in a real specific way here. donald trump is gonna be president. no amount of protesting will change that. only thing you can do, about that one specific fact, is vote in the next election

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Pon de Bundy posted:

wahhhhhhhhh im scared the nazis are taking over!! *is white and very well off*

okay trump thread okay

nazis taking over was a real boon for middle class whites in germany

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

can't wait to live in the Housing and Urban Development's new affordable housing project: Uncle Ben's Cabin

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

crazy cloud posted:

Yep agreed

change starts in a something awful dot com shitposting subforum

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

so many goddamn foreigners post in this thread n its got me wondering whats going on

In Trump's America they will be rounded up and sent to Que Horrible! a dying Spanish language comedy forum

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

You're arguing with a Canadian, who defended a Mexican, who was arguing with a Canadian.

This is how Trump won.

i'm not sure you understand, posting 1000s of times itt every day is making a strong stance against donald trump!!!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vox Nihili posted:

Imagine being a qualified, respected name in the field and learning Sleepy Ben is taking over that department.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Montasque posted:

This is how Trump won.

it's like american exceptionalism but for internet arguments

only americans can have thoughts about our politics

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Augus posted:

You need to pretend everything is fine until it gets so bad that nothing could ever stop it, obviously. It's the American way of dealing with your problems.

i mean yes the clear trajectory here is "do nothing until its too late, then claim its too late while doing nothing more"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

well apparently you can't get off your own rear end so i have to nag you until you do

lol ok friend sry the 6 day a week social work I'm doing isn't enough for ur royal canadian kilted postman

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

GobiasIndustries posted:

Imagine being a qualified, respected name in the field and learning Sleepy Ben is taking over that department.

this is honestly half of appointments, which is why bureaucracies set themselves up to be pretty difficult to change by a single appointment.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
where is the french nazi thread, im gonna go yell at french people to stop throwing quarters at gypsies to dance and go like do something

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

i'm not sure you understand, posting 1000s of times itt every day is making a strong stance against donald trump!!!

nobody tell baloogan

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

babypolis posted:

man yall are taking this in a bad way. im not saying dont do anything. do whatever you can to help your fellow man. that poo poo should have nothing to do with who is president

im talking in a real specific way here. donald trump is gonna be president. no amount of protesting will change that. only thing you can do, about that one specific fact, is vote in the next election

the fact you think you shouldn't resist actual actions he's going to take is the bad part though

yes, no amount of protesting or activism is going to get him kicked out really, but you can actually care about what actions he takes, get involved and follow legislation, talk to congressmen, etc.

i mean you actually did say don't do anything about what trump does until 2018, hence this discussion

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

like if you think that Ben Carson is the first woefully unqualified appointment in the history of HUD..

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

ITT ppl saying complacency and apathy exist are projecting harder than President-elect Donald J Trump does.

I don't see any complacency or apathy anywhere other than from handwringers here lol

this whole shitfest just started from me saying "hey reminder trump is bad" so uhh

i even changed it from yesterday's "this is not normal" which just got a wave of "well what is normal anyway"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Let's see how Breitbart is handling Trump's education pick

quote:

Just read more about her on Conservative review. Yep, it's time to attack Trump NOW
-
I'm beginning to become very uncomfortable, this is a sea change from his stump promise. I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach...
-
I am so 'F'ING disappointed in Donald Trump!!!!!
-
EF the any and all TEACHERs UNION. WE are experining their teaching as of this very day. SNOWFLAKES rioting with no reasoning what so every, hating the UNITED STATES and all it stands for. Indoctrination of kids at garde school all the way to college...?
-
I voted Trump. With the way things are going so far, I hope he's not going to say "Dianne Feinstein will overlook and handle the 2nd Amend, to Make America Great Again."
-
My pro-Trump account that I used for months to help him get elected was deleted yesterday after he decided to aid and abet the Clinton Crime Family.
-
Haley, embarrassment to SC according to Trump, to UN. Common core is a disaster, Trump said, now a pro common core pick. Romney a choke artist, now strong considering for Sec of State. WHAT THE F. This stopped being 4D chess or funny.

Now Rush is praising this lady, so I don't know. But he is also praising Haley. He praised Rubio too.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

i have though, or are you calling me a liar?!

that's what's so CRAZY about it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

the funny thing is that there really aren't picks to make who will make these people happy.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

like if you think that Ben Carson is the first woefully unqualified appointment in the history of HUD..

have any of them actually said "don't pick me, i'm an idiot and don't want to gently caress it up" a week before being picked? just lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

lol ok friend sry the 6 day a week social work I'm doing isn't enough for ur royal canadian kilted postman

i'm glad you're doing so, good job

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

the funny thing is that there really aren't picks to make who will make these people happy.

well the one pick they want is hillary clinton, for the dept. of in jail forever

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

quote:

My pro-Trump account that I used for months to help him get elected was deleted yesterday after he decided to aid and abet the Clinton Crime Family.

ugh you just lost my subscription, -1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

this is honestly half of appointments, which is why bureaucracies set themselves up to be pretty difficult to change by a single appointment.

True. I feel like it'd be an extra slap in the face w/ Ben tho, I mean a week ago he put out a statement saying he wasn't qualified to take that kinda job.

• Locked thread