Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I forgot the 70K reward was 15% MAG, I thought it was the moogle. Anyway, long story short, after getting Maxwell and ticket pulling Seriah, my team of BCLid/Kefka/Maxwell/Karl/Seria with friend Elzas ran into two 3x metal gods over the last few days and now I have everything I could want from this event. Holy poo poo did it suck when this started, but man was it easy to max out with the event units. Now I can either ignore the event or start stockpiling 6* mats, I'm not sure which I'd rather do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Hate all the jerks who lucked into/whaled for BF units.
Meanwhile I'm still doing the most horrible grind in the game to date, this event makes the Gravity Rod look reasonable.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Did one more ticket pull on the BF banner, blue crystal turned gold!

...Shadow. :suicide:

This is gold crystal #5 or 6 in a row that gave a 4* max trash unit.

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008

Trilin posted:

Hate all the jerks who lucked into/whaled for BF units.
Meanwhile I'm still doing the most horrible grind in the game to date, this event makes the Gravity Rod look reasonable.

I very foolishly decided to dump a hundo, plus lapis I was saving, into the event to try and get Elza. I've done about three and so far all I've gotten is a single Karl and about twenty billion Sabins.

edit: It seems like you either whale like nuts or you don't spend money at all. Anyone in between gets hosed or obscenely lucky. I've heard Japan doesn't have it this bad.

Dazh fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 24, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Dazh posted:

I've heard Japan doesn't have it this bad.

You're right, it's far, far worse in Japan.

fedit: also way to drop $100 on the worst banner since I started playing

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Looking at the FF5 units I was kind of excited to maybe get a unit with Full Break, Faris, but she's garbage tier according to the Japanese tier lists. And Bartz is only mediocre. Worth rolling for Gilgamesh and Exdeath still?

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Im still trying to do the Limit burst for Maxwell

Prolly not gonna happen, but w/e I got the fucker with the res thingy

Do you have a decent Elza friend? She makes this doable.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Man I'm up to my neck in exdeaths. Pulled my 4th yesterday so between all of them and arc I can roll with an all duel cast mage team in the arena if I ever get around to awakening all of them.

What's the general consensus on butz 6 star form? I missed out on lightning and Luna so my main physical guys are cod, dark Cecil and draculaz. I don't really have that great of gear for cod so I've been wracking my brain on how to build my team.

Right now it's usually Cecil cod draclaz arc and either dark Cecil, Refia or kefka or WoL depending on the circumstances. Once ex and butz awaken I think it will be exdeath arc draclaz Cecil and butz, and for real tough bosses I can slap in Refia I think. Decisions decisions

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

aherdofpenguins posted:

Looking at the FF5 units I was kind of excited to maybe get a unit with Full Break, Faris, but she's garbage tier according to the Japanese tier lists. And Bartz is only mediocre. Worth rolling for Gilgamesh and Exdeath still?

Exdeath is a 3* base, so you've got a pretty decent chance at him, I would say yes, especially since he's gonna rule with his 6* abilities. Plus, if you don't have a full breaker at all, even a trash tier one is useful

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Exdeath is a 3* base, so you've got a pretty decent chance at him, I would say yes, especially since he's gonna rule with his 6* abilities. Plus, if you don't have a full breaker at all, even a trash tier one is useful

Awesome, I'll definitely put some tickets into it then if I don't get what I want by the end. Thanks!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is there any way to build a balanced team that includes both Refia and Tilith? Is both of them too much white magic? I haven't pulled any remarkable DPS units - using Rain, Lasswell, and Kain right now - but got both of these within three pulls.

Oh and I need more goonmeat to throw at the story, 225 985 375, you can delete the VidPaine with a max 4* arc.

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 24, 2016

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008

aherdofpenguins posted:

Exdeath gets magic-based killer passives at 6 star and his limit break will gently caress people up harcore in arena. He's a top tier mage.

Gilgamesh is mostly for his TMR, Genji Glove, which has dual wield attached to it. I'm not certain how good of a character he is beyond that.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Grimalkin posted:

Do you have a decent Elza friend? She makes this doable.

Yep, She gets the limit even less than a whaled Call of Duty buddy I have despite the limit buff. Go figure.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

aherdofpenguins posted:

Keep in mind three things.
  • Japan's meta has about 6 to 8 months of powercreep past us. Anything and everything is mediocre now since Orlandu exists, and now, the various Veritases exist.
  • Altema's tier listing assumes full access to any TM you want. In those circumstances, raw bruisers like Firion and DK Cecil will pull ahead of more utility-minded characters like Bartz and Ramza. Bartz does a decent amount with what he has, and he's good with very little outside TM influence. He'll get surpassed eventually, but he's on par with CoD in normal questing, I'd say, especially if you have a Refia around to turn him into a walking Elixir. I wouldn't particularly call him great for arenas, though.
  • Full Break is still Full Break, even on the worst person who can use it. Faris is basically a spicy fire-flavored Vaan and should be treated as such.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Maxwell with Limit Getto somehow
Thank you Call of Duty. I had to chain 3 Limit Bursts to make sure the SOB went down.

That drat target was totally not fuckin cool. I kinda have to thank the fact I was also listening to a PSO rendition of a Phantasy Star Final boss theme when I was doing this, so it made it more tense than it needed to be.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 24, 2016

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

KataraniSword posted:

Keep in mind three things.
  • Japan's meta has about 6 to 8 months of powercreep past us. Anything and everything is mediocre now since Orlandu exists, and now, the various Veritases exist.
  • Altema's tier listing assumes full access to any TM you want. In those circumstances, raw bruisers like Firion and DK Cecil will pull ahead of more utility-minded characters like Bartz and Ramza. Bartz does a decent amount with what he has, and he's good with very little outside TM influence. He'll get surpassed eventually, but he's on par with CoD in normal questing, I'd say, especially if you have a Refia around to turn him into a walking Elixir. I wouldn't particularly call him great for arenas, though.
  • Full Break is still Full Break, even on the worst person who can use it. Faris is basically a spicy fire-flavored Vaan and should be treated as such.

I have a Refia around, no Full Break, and I love Mexican food. PERFECT.

What is it about Orlandu that completely breaks the game? Is he really THAT much better than everything they have currently?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
We can still trade in stuff to King Mog tommorow after Maintenance right?

cause I literally was right in front of him when Maintanance hit

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Holy explosion is a 200% 7 hit ignore 50% DEF and add a - 50% light res debuff that is comically easy to chain with (primarly itself by using an Orlandu friend leader). And you're also immediately taking advantage of that light vulnerability because if you equip anything but Excalibur on him (since he has Greatsword mastery), your game uninstalls itself out of shame.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Shoenin posted:

We can still trade in stuff to King Mog tommorow after Maintenance right?

cause I literally was right in front of him when Maintanance hit

King Mog remains redeemable for about one week after the current King Mog event finishes, until the next one starts.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Excellent

But I think I was like 10 Karma off of getting the last Ticket. If thats the case oh well, Id probably need them for 6* Mats for Tree anyway

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Shoenin posted:

Excellent

But I think I was like 10 Karma off of getting the last Ticket. If thats the case oh well, Id probably need them for 6* Mats for Tree anyway

The Brave Frontier event should still be active tomorrow. Events tend not to switch over until Friday, even if we have maintenance on Wednesday.

Also I forgot that the maintenance started early tonight. RIP 3 hours of stamina and arena orbs.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Christ every single employee at Gummi is going to be able to retire the day orlandu comes up. I'm sure they will drop him right around Christmas so they can just bilk hundreds out everyone's Christmas money. So many people are going to drop so much money and probably still won't have an Orlandu to show for it. He's the one guy I'm kinda toying with the idea of dropping like 50 on trying to get but I know that's probably going to be nowhere close to enough and good God how pissed am I going to be when I blow through a hundred bucks and the best character I get out of it will be a 5 star galuf. The die is cast!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

aherdofpenguins posted:

What is it about Orlandu that completely breaks the game? Is he really THAT much better than everything they have currently?

In addition to this:

AegisP posted:

Holy explosion is a 200% 7 hit ignore 50% DEF and add a - 50% light res debuff that is comically easy to chain with (primarly itself by using an Orlandu friend leader). And you're also immediately taking advantage of that light vulnerability because if you equip anything but Excalibur on him (since he has Greatsword mastery), your game uninstalls itself out of shame.

There's also this, which I noted in the old thread:

KataraniSword posted:

• 210% mod attack with a 30% Stop proc, and, as we've learned with Agrias's LB, very few things resist Stop and if they don't it's downright crippling
  • A -40% ATK/MAG debuff attack, basically both of Ramza's debuffs wrapped up in a single action (albeit 3-turn instead of 5-turn)
  • A better source of self-MP restoration than Osmose
  • A Thunder-element mini-barrage as well as Agrias's Cleansing Strike/Delita's Northswain's Glow
  • Immunity to most of the physically-crippling statuses (save for Stone) along with his huge ATK boost for equipping a Greatsword.

He is more than just Holy Explosion spam, it's just that Holy Explosion spam is so broken that nobody looks at it.

And that's all on top of stats that are comparable to a max-leveled DK Cecil or 6* Chizuru. So yes. Orlandu is obscene; he's on par with the best of the best without TMs, but then you slap Dual Wield and two Excaliburs on him and everything that isn't immune to Holy melts into a puddle of dead.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 24, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I finally got Maxwell down with a LB thanks to Mylan's Elza. I had to cheat a bit to get it though. Maxwell was low on health and I wasn't sure if the LB would actually finish her off, so I tried to get her as low as possible with Elza's regular attack...which ended up dealing too much damage. I quickly closed the game before it registered Maxwell as defeated, restarted, and I was back at the beginning of my turn. This allowed me to attack with Agrias/CoD, and get Maxwell down low enough that I was sure Army of One would take her out.

I'm about 63k karma right now. I probably will pick up the MAG+15% because why not, especially if I get a couple of metal god fights, and then I'll just spend the remaining karma on 6* mats.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
When I brought Mylan's Elza, everyone was dead on the last turn but I had the auto revive skill on her. She got back up and killed Maxwell. Thanks Giant Dad Elza.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

you can still farm karma today. events don't change until fridays.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Looks like the maintenance was extended 2 hours.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Looks like the maintenance was extended 2 hours.

Oh god gumi maintenance is like a cat on a table eyeing a glass of water, it always ends up on the floor

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
gently caress I really wanted to pull and then swear a lot when I got bedile'd.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

MrLonghair posted:

Oh god gumi maintenance is like a cat on a table eyeing a glass of water, it always ends up on the floor

Exclusive footage of Gumi headquarters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoUEQYjYgf4

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Servers up! ExDeath here I come.....!!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Woo

E: by which I mean I'll log in

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Banner is not up. Will be up at 00:00 PST I guess... Gumi pls.... :negative:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You can awaken exdeath today so both of mine are being leveled with Arc :getin:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, a key, a ticket and a Quartz for 350 Lapis!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
New Olderion 45 NRG
Pirate Ship 50 NRG
Stormy Seas 50 NRG
Ghost Ship 50 NRG
Widow's Cape 55 NRG
Subterranean Stream 60 NRG
Waterfall Way 60 NRG
Water Shrine 65 NRG
and THEN you can go for Carbuncle

(Less of an issue with getting up to 50 lapis per mission but still in case anyone was wondering how to get Carbuncle. Also you gotta talk to NCPs..)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 24, 2016

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Two new bundles too! The smaller one at 350 lapis seems worth it since it comes with a summon ticket and 50 energy. The larger bundle comes with 2 tickets and 10 Gigantaurs among other things, though it's pricier (a little above 1000 iirc).

Notably, you'll be able to buy them daily for I believe a week, so it's a good way to stock up on tickets til TG Cid.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
A ticket is equal to 500 Lapis, the cost of a single pull. The smaller bundle is worth it, the larger one not so much, in my opinion.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

But I need Gigantuars to level 6* Exdeath!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

My regards to all you folks putting Thundaga havers up for friend units, makes my mage nuking push easier. Four five refreshes left and I should be Carbuncling at two stars, hope I can get the important Bar spells and save so much space.

• Locked thread