Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

seiferguy posted:

For me, it's between that and the Arboretum. Both have fantastic music, cool aesthetics, decent boss mechanics, and the ability to do some big pulls. Gubal has better final boss music, but Arboretum has the best glamour drops (nope, not biased about this at all).

Arboretum is great because you can pull literally everything from the first to the second boss and only have to kill the walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
remember, dont let fister roboto and his cronies browbeat you into having fun in exdr

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

also didn't see this mentioned, but the base game and HW are each $10 (or $20 bundle) if you have any friends who are on the fence about getting into the game: https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282822/final-fantasy-xiv-online-pc-download

no these arent on sale on steam lmao get hosed

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'd like the megapull at the end of Gubal HM a lot better if not for the fact that like 80% of the tanks who go for it, can't be hosed to pop a single goddamn cooldown until they're nearly dead. And/or they try it when the DPS has clearly shown up to this point in the dungeon that they're not exactly melting things.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vil posted:

I'd like the megapull at the end of Gubal HM a lot better if not for the fact that like 80% of the tanks who go for it, can't be hosed to pop a single goddamn cooldown until they're nearly dead. And/or they try it when the DPS has clearly shown up to this point in the dungeon that they're not exactly melting things.
Every loving time when I have a no-cooldown tank they don't stop at the frogs up the stairs and die because they also grab the robots :(

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

If you ask me, Gubal HM is a strong contender for best dungeon of Heavensward.
?! how can anyone like how the adds in that place spawn infinitely far away from each other so you're gonna spend forever gathering them up

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Black Stones posted:

So I have a question. Does selecting an in progress queue do nothing if your queue will be auto filled? I ask because I wanted to do Ex roulette as my bard because it is way better geared then my tank. We got Gubal HM and Tank left immediately because apparently it takes longer than Xeph (I say bullshit) and he would have been late for work. We sat on our thumbs and waited, and nothing. So I figured I could leave, switch to Tank, and queue for in progress so I would be matched back with them but I got thrown into all new party that wasn't an in progress. Is in progress supposed to take priority? It could be the party just decided to peace out at that point but wait times were brutal so I doubt it.
There's a high chance the group didn't exist anymore by the time you queued up.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
3.4 is the best EXDR pair in HW so far but Arbo is still my favorite individual dungeon. We need a music roll from there

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
Question: Does it matter which Grand Company I choose? The info I'm Googling up on it seems to all be pretty outdated or lacking.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Darius099 posted:

Question: Does it matter which Grand Company I choose? The info I'm Googling up on it seems to all be pretty outdated or lacking.

Only difference is the outfit glamors.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
I just assume they don't do it because they don't know you can, and pull the robots for them like an rear end in a top hat. If they're bad I don't get to dps and if they're really bad I have to bomb lustrates, but E4E and Rouse cover long enough for a few things to die to reduce the damage.

Darius099 posted:

Doesn't really matter, and you can change pretty easily.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Groggy nard posted:

Only difference is the outfit glamors.

Maelstrom it is then

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Reiterpallasch posted:

remember, dont let fister roboto and his cronies browbeat you into having fun in exdr

I never strive to have fun in EXDR. I always selflessly tell players how to better utilize their job abilities to maximize DPS and and stress over dungeon mechanics. It's a good thing selene heals while I type.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Darius099 posted:

Maelstrom it is then

Good choice

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Darius099 posted:

Maelstrom it is then
The other post was just a test; it matters, a lot.

And you made the right choice.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

VHGS posted:

I just assume they don't do it because they don't know you can, and pull the robots for them like an rear end in a top hat. If they're bad I don't get to dps and if they're really bad I have to bomb lustrates, but E4E and Rouse cover long enough for a few things to die to reduce the damage.
I never pull the robots for them, because even as a BLM who's going in planning to LB the entire group, it's always that kind of pubbie tank.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

Heh, no. Fun is suboptimal.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I really like the last set of Hullbreaker HM a from a flavor standpoint, especially as a Maelstrom catte, but good god that first boss is annoying.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Is there any good non-instanced content to do while waiting for a queue, after being pretty much done with the story?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

hunts

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Augus posted:

Is there any good non-instanced content to do while waiting for a queue, after being pretty much done with the story?

Beast tribe dailies and gathering are what I usually do to kill time. Pop into the gold saucer for your daily mini cactpot ticket if you haven't yet.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

is there a Doomtrain encounter in this game yet

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

They need to save something for the expansions

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Well Stormblood IS bringing the next round of fights against not-Germany and their magitech, so.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

doom train is in the 2.0 story you morons

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Babe Magnet posted:

is there a Doomtrain encounter in this game yet

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
There will be a Godbert suplex of the Doomtrain, mark my words.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fister Roboto posted:

Heh, no. Fun is suboptimal.

Like Neverreap has shown. Everyone did it and it sucked compared to the awesomeness that was Fractal.

ilifinicus posted:

doom train is in the 2.0 story you morons

More correctly, it's depot is!
(Phantom Train Depot in Castrum.)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Who is this npc and where is he located

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Who is this npc and where is he located

it was during that anniversary event where the rising stones was taken over by all the devs

another pic

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Netherreap was fun because it was really pretty and you could do the thing where you hold a totem after the boss dies and carry it around forever. I don't remember anything funny about Fractal so it must have been boring.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Sabin suplexed the Phantom Train, not Doomtrain you loving shoobie

Sinners Sandwich posted:

sub cancelled

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Is there a GIF of Yoshi-P walking off the Fanfest stage?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

the only person getting suplexed is yoshida himself

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Babe Magnet posted:

This isn't loving FFVI, it's a game where anything and everything is fair game for inclusion into the game and by extension Hildibranding.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Hildibranding.

Murder on the Doomtrain Express

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I just got a paladin in exdr who used exactly 17 combos in the entirety of the dungeon run. 13 rage of halone combos, 4 royal authority combos. I.. I was wondering how I was stealing aggro constantly from them but.. that explains far far too much.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Netherreap was fun because it was really pretty and you could do the thing where you hold a totem after the boss dies and carry it around forever. I don't remember anything funny about Fractal so it must have been boring.

Yes but it immediately became the worst dungeon when they "fixed" the totem thing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And also the dhalmel thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

Then its a good thing the phantom train already exists in Eorzea

• Locked thread