Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

All I remember him saying was, "Well..."

Ronald Reagan? I was doing my Keanu Reagan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Gavok posted:

Huh. I'll fix that, then. Thanks.

Can't blame me for misunderstanding when there's a reference to making America great.

Believe me, I was as surprised as you were.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

The new Venom is not what I expected it to be at all.

I'm genuinely intrigued by the hook. Reminds me of Hybrid from the 90's, only Hybrid's host was just violent and vengeful while Venom's new host is a total piece of poo poo.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What happened to Flash? I will have to wait until it comes to Marvel Unlimited otherwise. Spoiler tag it up for those who don't want to see it, obviously.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What happened to Flash? I will have to wait until it comes to Marvel Unlimited otherwise. Spoiler tag it up for those who don't want to see it, obviously.

They don't say. At the beginning of the story, the Venom symbiote is alone and stranded in an alley. It still strongly admires Flash, so whatever caused the split wasn't Venom's idea. For all we know, Flash could be dead.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Gavok posted:

To celebrate the new Venom series, I got to be on-brand and write this baby:

We Are Venom: 40 Characters That Wore the Symbiote

I like that, but it's totally missing the time Squirrel girl beat up a venomized Nightmare.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gavok posted:

They don't say. At the beginning of the story, the Venom symbiote is alone and stranded in an alley. It still strongly admires Flash, so whatever caused the split wasn't Venom's idea. For all we know, Flash could be dead.

Wow, thanks!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

cant cook creole bream posted:

I like that, but it's totally missing the time Squirrel girl beat up a venomized Nightmare.

Goddamnit.

No prob. The main idea of the new series is Venom still wants to do good and help the world, but his new host (another soldier who lost pieces of himself in war) is a total monster and has the willpower to take control while Venom can only beg him to stop.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Almost doubted you for a moment until I got to the honorable mention.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gavok posted:

Goddamnit.

Don't worry, it's as valid as Galactus, because it's not really the symbiote, it's Nightmare inside SG's head.

Plus it's a long set-up to a scene where SG basically wins by throwing up the horns in a lightning storm.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Gavok posted:

Goddamnit.

No prob. The main idea of the new series is Venom still wants to do good and help the world, but his new host (another soldier who lost pieces of himself in war) is a total monster and has the willpower to take control while Venom can only beg him to stop.

Since soldier-boy needs to go to sleep at times, what excuse do they find for the symbiote not simply running away at night?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Decius posted:

Since soldier-boy needs to go to sleep at times, what excuse do they find for the symbiote not simply running away at night?

We haven't gotten that far yet.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

We haven't gotten that far yet.

I know in Venom they said that if you are bonded to it for a certain amount of time, its "permanent"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So he's back I guess. When's Kaine tho??

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So he's back I guess. When's Kaine tho??

Uh, Kaine's already back or are you not actually reading the crossover?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Uh, Kaine's already back or are you not actually reading the crossover?

I just glanced at it after making the post. Hope we get a Kaine solo out of this? idk, i'm on Unlimited time.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So this was a twist that came from miles away. And there's no reason for Peter to not immediately beat the poo poo out of Ben for digging up Uncle Ben's grave. I can't even imagine he would entertain the notion to resurrect Uncle Ben for even a second.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I just glanced at it after making the post. Hope we get a Kaine solo out of this? idk, i'm on Unlimited time.

Kaine is dying of plot cancer again.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Kaine is dying of plot cancer again.

Because that's what it was like when Dan was 13.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gaz-L posted:

Because that's what it was like when Dan was 13.

ComicWriters.txt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

So this was a twist that came from miles away. And there's no reason for Peter to not immediately beat the poo poo out of Ben for digging up Uncle Ben's grave. I can't even imagine he would entertain the notion to resurrect Uncle Ben for even a second.

When CC was announced someone in the Marvel or chat thread said "I bet ___ ______ is the bad guy" and it's hilarious to me that he was just bullshitting and it actually happened.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Please don't drag that character through the mud, Slott. I actually liked him, way back in the long ago.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Ignoring the incredibly childish plan of nobody dies forever, my least favorite thing about this issue was Spidey spoon feeding Jackal that red suit comment to set up his dramatic reveal.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

TheHan posted:

Ignoring the incredibly childish plan of nobody dies forever, my least favorite thing about this issue was Spidey spoon feeding Jackal that red suit comment to set up his dramatic reveal.

I am going to just say that over elaborate setup's that result in lines like "This suit isn't red. It's more Scarlet..." are one of the things I love most about comics.
Long may they reign.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I came here because I saw about Clone Catastrophe getting stupid in that very Slott way, but then the thread reminded me that I need to pick up and read Renew Your Vows still so something good came of 'but what if we just resurrected Uncle Ben' being trotted out once again.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Please don't drag that character through the mud, Slott. I actually liked him, way back in the long ago.

Dragging characters through the mud is all Slott does these days when it comes to Spider-Man.

RandallODim posted:

I came here because I saw about Clone Catastrophe getting stupid in that very Slott way, but then the thread reminded me that I need to pick up and read Renew Your Vows still so something good came of 'but what if we just resurrected Uncle Ben' being trotted out once again.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to be picking up a 616 Spider-Man book at all in the foreseeable future, not when there's a superior Spider-Man book (no pun intended) available.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just saw some rumor milling that Marvel is ready to push Slott off Spider-man to give the book a full refresh in time for the film.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Keep your eyes peeled for a monkey's paw.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

speaking of the film, I saw the trailer recently and it looks good. hosed up of peter to steal ganke from miles tho

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Getting my hands up in the air to give Yost my power for him to write.

Timing-wise, this would probably mean Clone Conspiracy is the last big thing and there'll probably just be a couple of issues to cap off the run after it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
They should bring back Spider-Man and the X-men

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

They should bring back Spider-Man and the X-men

Yes please.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Getting my hands up in the air to give Yost my power for him to write.

Timing-wise, this would probably mean Clone Conspiracy is the last big thing and there'll probably just be a couple of issues to cap off the run after it?

Next thing is apparently 'Parker vs. Osborn' which is wiping Parker Industries off the board. So yeah, I guess that could be it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Kaine back to dying (i guess? not following exactly), Ock has an out to come out of this alive and Peter no longer owning a company, other other toys Slott's been putting back to how they were? Some that still need to be put back in the last second like Bendis reviving Wasp at the end of his run?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember when a writer would just leave poo poo unresolved and the incoming writer had to sort that poo poo out?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Kaine back to dying (i guess? not following exactly), Ock has an out to come out of this alive and Peter no longer owning a company, other other toys Slott's been putting back to how they were? Some that still need to be put back in the last second like Bendis reviving Wasp at the end of his run?

Kaine has his degeneration again but I'm honestly not clear why the gently caress they'd bring him back just to kill him off again, it seems entirely pointless so I'm expecting some kind of out.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

Keep your eyes peeled for a monkey's paw.

The comics will be taken over by Scott Lobdell

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Some that still need to be put back in the last second like Bendis reviving Wasp at the end of his run?

Huh? Both Wasps are around now, though? Am I missing something?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ImpAtom posted:

Kaine has his degeneration again but I'm honestly not clear why the gently caress they'd bring him back just to kill him off again, it seems entirely pointless so I'm expecting some kind of out.

It's kind of weird his degeneration is back when Slott himself cured him of it back in Spider-Island before he ever got entangled with The Other. Unless he caught the Carrion virus or whatever, I've not been paying much attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's kind of weird his degeneration is back when Slott himself cured him of it back in Spider-Island before he ever got entangled with The Other. Unless he caught the Carrion virus or whatever, I've not been paying much attention.

The explanation is that Kaine's death in Spiderverse killed the Other but not Kaine himself and for some reason that brought back the degeneration. It really doesn't make a lot of sense.

I just really hope they don't kill him off again. He's a really good Scarlet Spider. :smith:

• Locked thread