Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Oh right, duh, DOTT Remastered has Maniac Mansion in it. One down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

IIRC, though somebody stop me if I'm wrong, Dark Souls uses frames to calculate certain things like fall damage, so when some guys tried to get it working at 60 FPS it turned out the slightest tumble would kill you since the game thought you'd fallen way farther and modified how much damage you took accordingly.

Might be another game but I'm pretty sure it was Dark Souls.

You also get less iframes on your rolls when you play it in 60 fps and your jump length is slightly shorter (which was really annoying when I was doing a hard-ish jump at 60 fps and wasn't aware of it).

The 60 FPS drawbacks are manageable if you are aware of them and already know how to play the game. New players should probably stay at 30, at least at the start of the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There is one jump to an optional area that is so hard to make at 60 fps that I bound a button to toggle the framerate down to 30 specifically for when I want to make that jump for the all of 1 time you have to do it in a playthrough. :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

There is one jump to an optional area that is so hard to make at 60 fps that I bound a button to toggle the framerate down to 30 specifically for when I want to make that jump for the all of 1 time you have to do it in a playthrough. :v:

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the exact same jump. I also ended up binding toggle key to it after googling stuff about not being able to make that loving jump.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The durability/frame rate issue in DS2 was hilariously dumb too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Slime Rancher is the cutest game ever and I have created a safe haven for my mutant cat firefly slimes where they can eat cube watermelons all day and never worry about a thing.

Andrast posted:

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the exact same jump. I also ended up binding toggle key to it after googling stuff about not being able to make that loving jump.

If you're thinking of the jump from the secret elevator dropoff in Firelink, to a teeny little buttress which leads to the nest which takes you back to the asylum then yeah we're talking about the same one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man the EU PSN Black Friday sale is real bad

It's 90% just AAA games at retail prices instead of their usual awful £55 digital prices

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GG Revelator is £11 but it keeps giving me an error when I try and buy it. That's literally the only good discount.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I got Cats Are Liquid because it is 74 cents and is a game about a cat that is a liquid

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycKQ-h-nFGY
days left

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

I got Cats Are Liquid because it is 74 cents and is a game about a cat that is a liquid

Related blobby cat games:

http://armorgames.com/play/5379/sushi-cat

http://store.steampowered.com/app/447890/

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

CJacobs posted:

Slime Rancher is the cutest game ever and I have created a safe haven for my mutant cat firefly slimes where they can eat cube watermelons all day and never worry about a thing.

Nooo don't shoot them with the Phazon Beam :ohdear:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Who here still plays Phantasy Star Online 2? Is it a hugely popular game in Japan? I use to play it for a very short amount of time and ever since signing up I get an e-mail every single day from Sega about PSO2 and I wish I knew what they were about. There is no way to unsubscribe to these e-mails, but the game must be booming if Sega is able to give daily updates about their game.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Who here still plays Phantasy Star Online 2? Is it a hugely popular game in Japan? I use to play it for a very short amount of time and ever since signing up I get an e-mail every single day from Sega about PSO2 and I wish I knew what they were about. There is no way to unsubscribe to these e-mails, but the game must be booming if Sega is able to give daily updates about their game.

You get to fight this:

but it's like flying about and shooting lasers everywhere.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Oh my God there's so many good deals now.

I already got Battlefield 1. Dishonored 2 is going for 35 and Civ 6 for 40. Stop my car insurance was due this month. My metrics :qq:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Scrap Dragon posted:

Wait, is preordering online the only way to get the $99 New 3DS?

It's a black friday deal, so they're only available in small quantities. You can grab it at the actual stores if you do the doorbuster thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving American gamers, and enjoy the gamer holiday of Black Friday deals

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm all about cyber monday

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Happy Thanksgiving American gamers, and enjoy the gamer holiday of Black Friday deals

Thank you

I am gonna have duck stuffed with ground turkey & cornbread stuffing :D

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Thank you

I am gonna have duck stuffed with ground turkey & cornbread stuffing :D

I hope you call it a turduckorn.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

Korn....

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, I had turduckcorn, but it just seemed needlessly clunky...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My thanksgiving was over a month ago but nobody made a fuss about it then!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

My thanksgiving was over a month ago but nobody made a fuss about it then!

You should've said something, happy late thanksgiving!!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

You should've said something, happy late thanksgiving!!

Lol, tbf nobody gives a gently caress about Canada. Not even us.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

For sides we have limp bizkits, green beans, the cranberries sauce, all the good stuff you want.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

Lol, tbf nobody gives a gently caress about Canada. Not even us.

Regardless, I hope your thanksgiving went well. I'll just leave it at that since I'm not really familiar with what the differences are between canadian and american thanksgiving as far as practices and traditions and history.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

haveblue posted:

Shadow of Mordor or Wolfenstein TOB, in the black friday sale. Kick in a couple of your own dollars and you can get Dishonored 1 or Arkham Knight.

I own Mordor and Dishonored on Steam, couldn't give a gently caress about Arkham Knight and isn't TOB meant to be played after TNO???

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

Titanfall 2 has a great single-player campaign but if you don't want to shoot other folks maybe just Redbox it for a couple of days.

I don't have a current gen console, so that's out unfortunately. Both games are 40bux right now though...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphKSOuaov0

pod people

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL4Js_LaRCQ

The most wonderful time of the year

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Prepare for Gobblefall

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

Prepare for Gobblefall

The best single episode of television ever? Perhaps.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

These sales are killing me. In the last week I've grabbed Titanfall 2, AC: Syndicate, Mad Max, XCom 2, Jackbox Party Pack 3, Jazzpunk, and Trackmania Turbo, and that's just for the PS4 and to fill the gap until FFXV. I grabbed Brigador(?) on Steam and.that seems like good fun once I wrap my mind around the controls. Is it worth learning the game pad controls for it, or is m&kb fine?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

LawfulWaffle posted:

These sales are killing me. In the last week I've grabbed Titanfall 2, AC: Syndicate, Mad Max, XCom 2, Jackbox Party Pack 3, Jazzpunk, and Trackmania Turbo, and that's just for the PS4 and to fill the gap until FFXV. I grabbed Brigador(?) on Steam and.that seems like good fun once I wrap my mind around the controls. Is it worth learning the game pad controls for it, or is m&kb fine?

It's best played on m&kb using default tank controls, if you can get used to it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

'Swhat I thought. It reminds me of Future Cop L.A.P.D. with the amount of action and mechs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm really tempted by Telltale Batman due to it being on sale but can anyone say if it's actually worth it? I recall people being positive about it but I don't know how that's held up.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ImpAtom posted:

World of Warcraft is, what, 12 years old? Frankly the fact it's still going is pretty goddamn impressive.

They're still making expansions for Ultima Online and Everquest. The last for both were released just last year.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

LawfulWaffle posted:

The Square Enix site sale seems to have inexplicably changed the discount on the Final Fantasy digital downloads (possibly other things) from like 66% to 30% and I feel like I was tricked into buying FFIX, a good game I already own!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I'm really tempted by Telltale Batman due to it being on sale but can anyone say if it's actually worth it? I recall people being positive about it but I don't know how that's held up.

I think it's worth it. Each episode has a decent amount of action, detecting and dialogue. The story does things you won't expect, and I feel like the decisions you make have more significant effects throughout the story than the previous Telltale games.

• Locked thread