Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why would she be? it's not like she did anything wrong. hell, she saved a lot of lives by turning off that stupid death cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Teenage Fansub posted:

Slott/Allred Silver Surfer rules. Don't listen to anyone who's about to contradict me!

Who would contradict you that book is awesome

Wheat Loaf posted:

If Marvel eventually goes for this big triumphant relaunch of the Fantastic Four (I can see the front cover to All-New Fantastic Four #1 already - it'd be Reed, Sue, Ben and probably Franklin and Valeria in the Fantasticar with Johnny flying alongside them, soaring over a New York street while the crowd below them cheers exuberantly, possibly drawn by Alan Davis or George Pérez) who should they get to write it?

I mean, obviously it would be Bendis (:cripes:) but who'd be a good candidate, barring anyone who's been regular writer before?

Al Ewing seems to have cosmic marvel on a pretty solid lock right now
Ryan north could do a funny foundation book while still having some science in it
Just throw gobs of money at Hickman to get him to write a reintroducory arc before handing it off

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!
The Ultimates will find out that the being responsible for chaining Eternity is none other than Bentley 23.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Flergatron 3000 posted:

The Ultimates will find out that the being responsible for chaining Eternity is none other than Bentley 23.

Tbh I don't really get who it could be other than Franklin, but I guess there's just gonna be another layer between the ff and where eternity is for the bad guy to hide out in

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Manatee Cannon posted:

why would she be? it's not like she did anything wrong. hell, she saved a lot of lives by turning off that stupid death cloud

She sure as hell looked crazy and evil at the end of Death of X, and she's clearly got an agenda going forth, and I doubt it's good.

I kinda liked this Civil War 2 issue?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Like Aphrodite said, the Inhumans consider the Terrigen Mists to be sacred - they're basically the centerpiece of their entire culture. By altering it - by making it essentially not-Terrigen, and there's good reason to believe that the changed cloud will no longer allow Inhumans to go through Terrigenesis anymore either - he's basically attacked their entire sense of who the Inhumans are.

Now, personally I think that's perfectly defensible, but the reason I think Cyclops is getting a terrible rep out of this is that by going about this unilaterally and in the fashion he did (well, "he", given the ending of Death of X #4) he essentially made it impossible for the Inhumans to not consider themselves at odds with the mutants. He took a bad situation and made it worse. He was right, of course, but then he usually is.

Sure, but how is that hitler-y? Didn't Toad freak out and try to kill Yung Cyclops a few weeks ago? Why would he give a poo poo?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

Sure, but how is that hitler-y? Didn't Toad freak out and try to kill Yung Cyclops a few weeks ago? Why would he give a poo poo?

The mutant reaction to Cyclops does not fit what happened.

The Inhuman one does though because they're crazy inbred cultists.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

site posted:

Who would contradict you that book is awesome

There are major haters here, but for some reason they haven't popped in yelling "Dr. Who" yet.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Cyclops is a jerk and should remain a villain.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Trast posted:

Cyclops is a jerk and should remain a villain.

Actually Cyclops is a hero and always has been. He was also so right that even Emma's psychic projection of him didn't do anything wrong.

Not even death can stop Cyclops from being right.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Like Aphrodite said, the Inhumans consider the Terrigen Mists to be sacred - they're basically the centerpiece of their entire culture. By altering it - by making it essentially not-Terrigen, and there's good reason to believe that the changed cloud will no longer allow Inhumans to go through Terrigenesis anymore either - he's basically attacked their entire sense of who the Inhumans are.

Now, personally I think that's perfectly defensible, but the reason I think Cyclops is getting a terrible rep out of this is that by going about this unilaterally and in the fashion he did (well, "he", given the ending of Death of X #4) he essentially made it impossible for the Inhumans to not consider themselves at odds with the mutants. He took a bad situation and made it worse. He was right, of course, but then he usually is.

This doesn't answer what he's asking - the Inhumans are creepy shitbags and can be mad that Scott messed up their sacred poison cloud, but absolutely nobody else should give a poo poo about what he did let alone consider it a bad thing.

Instead we're supposed to believe that regular humanity not only turns on mutants for making one of the multiple poison clouds not kill and sterilze mutants, they turn on them with such a zealous fervor that they no longer even fear reprisal and force mutants to flee the Earth. Scott has been unironically compared to Hitler by non-Inhumans to the point it's projected onto his young version. Magik had to be restrained from killing Sunfire on sight for "what you and Scott did". Mutants, even ones who attended his funeral where he was buried as a hero turn around blame him for all of mutants woes.

Death of X is basically completely divorced from the entire 'mystery' it existed to resolve in the first place.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Right at the end of Death of X, Havok is hanging out with Emma.

Hmm...

And Havok does have a history of hooking up with his brother's crazy ex-girlfriend...

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
It probably didn't help that Magneto, the ultimate extremist, was brought in to do really nothing but make everyone look bad by association. And also, Colossus was with him too for some reason. Not that last part has anything to do with it, I just thought it was weird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They never showed Alex getting inverted back to his old self did they?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mmm, that's a good look on Havok.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I wonder if IvX will lampshade the parallels to AvX in that the basic set-up of each is:

X-MEN: You don't understand, we NEED the Phoenix Force to allow more people to be converted into our insular evolutionary offshoot of humanity.
AVENGERS: Yeah but it's probably going to kill all of us.
X-MEN: WORTH IT

And now

INHUMANS: You don't understand, we NEED the Terrigen Cloud to allow more people to be converted into our insular evolutionary offshoot of humanity.
X-MEN: Yeah but it's probably going to kill all of us.
INHUMANS: WORTH IT

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Rhyno posted:

They never showed Alex getting inverted back to his old self did they?

I think he and Sabertooth were explicitly not inverted back

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

I think he and Sabertooth were explicitly not inverted back

Neither was Tony but he popped up post-SW just fine.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

hope and vaseline posted:

Mmm, that's a good look on Havok.

The I-Just-Won-A-Fight-With-Scott look?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Neither was Tony but he popped up post-SW just fine.

He was killed by Steve before the event and resurrected good again later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SilverSupernova posted:

He was killed by Steve before the event and resurrected good again later.

The last time we see either of them they were locked in combat and neither was dead.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The last time we see either of them they were locked in combat and neither was dead.

Doesn't Ultimate Nick Fury's Triskelion fall on them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Tortuga posted:

Doesn't Ultimate Nick Fury's Triskelion fall on them?

Can you point to an issue where that actually happens on panel?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

It's one of very last issues if something before Secret Wars #0. I can't remember what particular issue. It may not have been the Triskelion, now that I think about it, just some random aircraft or building.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tony wasn't on the raft, so he died with the universe and had to be rebuilt.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Well, the last time Franklin did that he just put him back the way he remembered him so I guess it happened the same way.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Decius posted:

Oh, wow the book only sells 10k. I thought it was doing a lot better, now I'm scared for it. Hope it gets some decent digital and TPB numbers.

I bought the first trade twice! I'm helping!!

X-O posted:

Ultimates2 is so good. That last page with the tease of the upcoming year has me ready to read the whole thing now. I'm pretty sure that was Justice from the New Universe Also Galactus as a full time member of the Ultimates is going to be the best.

Except that poo poo art. Actually, that poo poo coloring, it wasn't until the credits page at the end where I saw it was Foreman that I realized what I hated about the book. I'm going to keep reading it, because I love Ewing, I usually love Foreman and all the characters are great, but ugh. That coloring killed it, so many gradients.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Aphrodite posted:

Sabretooth and Havok died with the universe too though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but what does Doom or the F4 care about those jerks?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

It's almost like there's... some sort of... inconsistency in comics. But that's... impossible.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Marvel just needs to soft reboot the X-Men line, which is hopefully what the Blue and Gold and all the other titles are about. Just go back to telling superhero stories without their race being extinct or fighting extinction or any of that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So what you're saying is Cyclops was right?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Codependent Poster posted:

Not even death can stop Cyclops from being right.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Can't stop the 'Clops.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm sort of wondering how hamfisted the contrast between AvX and IvX is going to be.

Avengers: We want to stop the Phoenix Force because it will kill a lot of people
X-Men: gently caress you, we need it to help our people reproduce!

X-Men: We want to stop the mists because it will kill a lot of people
Inhumans: gently caress you, we need it to help our people reproduce!*

*except the inhumans won't be portrayed in anywhere near as bad a light as the X-Men were

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 25, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what I still don't get is why the inhumans don't just get the mist and put it in something again, then let anyone that wants a go at being inhuman in. ask storm, I bet she'd be happy to help push your dumb cloud in a jar

like if they just want more inhumans then that'd still work without the whole "sterilize and kill the entire mutant race" thing they have going for them now

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Clawtopsy posted:

I'm sort of wondering how hamfisted the contrast between AvX and IvX is going to be.

Avengers: We want to stop the Phoenix Force because it will kill a lot of people
X-Men: gently caress you, we need it to help our people reproduce!

X-Men: We want to stop the mists because it will kill a lot of people
Inhumans: gently caress you, we need it to help our people reproduce!*

*except the inhumans won't be portrayed in anywhere near as bad a light as the X-Men were

And if it's like AvX, the Inhumans will be right despite all logic so I'm looking forward to it. :colbert:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 25, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Manatee Cannon posted:

what I still don't get is why the inhumans don't just get the mist and put it in something again, then let anyone that wants a go at being inhuman in. ask storm, I bet she'd be happy to help push your dumb cloud in a jar

like if they just want more inhumans then that'd still work without the whole "sterilize and kill the entire mutant race" thing they have going for them now

That's an excellent point.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Yeah, the terrigen cloud doesn't make any sense as a threat. The Inhumans would never let the cloud continue to hurt people, and the mutants would just get rid of it once they realized that the floating fartmass is a genocidal menace.

And they keep acting like the only way to track the cloud is just by looking at it. Really? They haven't built a terridoppler 9000 by now? I thought the X-Men had satellites. Or maybe they just hack NASA when they want satellites. Or they would just follow the #murdercloud hashtag on social media. Or, you know, the regular news would freak out whenever the cloud that gave people super powers was coming to town.

Whatever. It doesn't matter, because if Havok starts dressing up in Emma's clothes and calling himself The White Goblin, it will all be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're shown tracking them by computer in Death of X.

There's more than one cloud.

• Locked thread