Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

please give me one more cutler game

No thanks. I'm rooting for Fox somehow getting fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Jay Cutler's last pass playing for the Bears was a pick and I want things to remain that way.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shangri-Law School posted:

Jay Cutler's last pass playing for the Bears was a pick and I want things to remain that way.

That elite Brett Farve tier of qb

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
E: nm

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Mentioned to my father-in-law that the NFL ratings are lower this year, he starts talking about Kaepernick and players taking a knee during the anthem.

Happy Thanksgiving!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So you need an alibi then?

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
For dinner, I am having scotch.

It's the same thing I had for lunch.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Burginator posted:

For dinner, I am having scotch.

It's the same thing I had for lunch.

Bourbon is more authentically American. :911:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

sean10mm posted:

By Congressional Decree it is the official spirit of the US.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

sean10mm posted:

It might be more authentically American, but it sure as hell doesn't taste as good. I'll stick to my Laphroaig. I think getting drunk is American enough

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/JacobTamme/status/801931197387575300

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The first of a three part conversation that ends with Tamme getting cucked by Witten.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Sataere posted:

The first of a three part conversation that ends with Tamme getting cucked by Witten.

which then ends with Witten getting cucked as well depending on the spherical nature of Mrs. Tamme's breasts

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Or maybe his wife can get wide open enough for both

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

got any sevens posted:

:captainpop:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

got any sevens posted:

do you mean like for sex?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
https://www.facebook.com/deadspin/videos/10157812962200072/

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
God damnit, the Cowboys are actually good aren't they?

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/802212108976799744

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
They've been good for three years. They just didn't have a quarterback last year

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

They've been good for three years. They just didn't have a quarterback last year

Yep. I've been waiting week after week for Dak and Zeke to hit the "rookie wall" but that poo poo don't look like it's happening anytime soon. They are crazy impressive...that OLine is :stare:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Yep. I've been waiting week after week for Dak and Zeke to hit the "rookie wall" but that poo poo don't look like it's happening anytime soon. They are crazy impressive...that OLine is :stare:

I know the feeling. I've been waiting for the Chiefs to prove that they're not actually good for like 4 years now

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I know the feeling. I've been waiting for the Chiefs to prove that they're not actually good for like 4 years now

guess you didn't watch on Sunday

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This is great

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

What is even the right defensive strategy vs. Dallas? Load the box and hope Dak just has a bad day (and their OL doesn't beat your rear end anyway)? Concede they'll rush for 200 and concentrate on shutting down Dak with complex coverages and wierd blitzes and poo poo?

When step 1 is "Your DL is so hosed LOL" it's hard to figure out step 2 I guess.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Concede up front and pray that you have a handful of linebackers who can tackle well at the second level and also drop into coverage regularly?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

sean10mm posted:

What is even the right defensive strategy vs. Dallas? Load the box and hope Dak just has a bad day (and their OL doesn't beat your rear end anyway)? Concede they'll rush for 200 and concentrate on shutting down Dak with complex coverages and wierd blitzes and poo poo?

When step 1 is "Your DL is so hosed LOL" it's hard to figure out step 2 I guess.

Step 1: don't have an awful defense
Step 2: embarrass Dallas' bad secondary

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Load the box, give safety support to Dez and hope your other coverage guys can handle Dallas's receivers one on one for long periods of time because you're not going to get to the QB.

Basically just try and get them to 3rd and mediums and hope they don't convert a few which coincidentally is what their defense is doing.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I feel like the Ravens tried that exact strategy to just stop Elliot and hope Prescott would melt down but it didn't work and he played fine. The Cowboys are unbeatable if their defense improves even slightly as they get guys back from injury. Except for maybe Seattle.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

AFCW vs NFCE should be a some great matchups next year. Week 1 will probably be a Superbowl rematch between the Raiders and Cowboys.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

Load the box, give safety support to Dez and hope your other coverage guys can handle Dallas's receivers one on one for long periods of time because you're not going to get to the QB.

Basically just try and get them to 3rd and mediums and hope they don't convert a few which coincidentally is what their defense is doing.

What if you don't need a safety to cover Dez? :smugbird:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

MrLogan posted:

AFCW vs NFCE should be a some great matchups next year. Week 1 will probably be a Superbowl rematch between the Broncos and Giants

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

1: Have OBJ
2: Pray defense doesn't fold every drive

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I really wonder what would happen if Detroit showed up for every quarter of the game instead of just kinda rollin' up in the 4th.

sean10mm posted:

Step 2 is "gently caress it let's hope our offense can stay on the field forever"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

AFCW vs NFCE should be a some great matchups next year. Week 1 will probably be a Superbowl rematch between the Raiders and Cowboys.

Probably the last time the announcers will bring up the 2004 draft for the entire 3 hour broadcast.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Chichevache posted:

What if you don't need a safety to cover Dez? :smugbird:

No one has been able to cover Cole Beasely all year long. Twilly is a great clearout dude. And then, you can always just check it down to Elliott and watch him carve your sorry rear end defense up. Jason Witten will continue to get wide open in the middle of the field. Seattle ain't doin' poo poo to this team.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Tom Sellout posted:

No one has been able to cover Cole Beasely all year long. Twilly is a great clearout dude. And then, you can always just check it down to Elliott and watch him carve your sorry rear end defense up. Jason Witten will continue to get wide open in the middle of the field. Seattle ain't doin' poo poo to this team.

Lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

He's actually right in that if Seattle is susceptible to anything it's dink and dunk underneath stuff coupled with a willingness to keep running the ball. The Saints wore them down with long drives like that and Dallas could certainly do that too. That Dallas defense though...yikes.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Justin Pugh, Giants' left guard and best player on their offensive line, continues to be out with an injured knee he suffered a few weeks ago

His backup is injured and out

That backup's backup is injured and out as well

The backup backup's backup is also injured and has barely practiced all week, but will attempt to play

Have mercy on us, cleveland browns

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Iodised QQ posted:

Justin Pugh, Giants' left guard and best player on their offensive line, continues to be out with an injured knee he suffered a few weeks ago

His backup is injured and out

That backup's backup is injured and out as well

The backup backup's backup is also injured and has barely practiced all week, but will attempt to play

Have mercy on us, cleveland browns

lol come on man Cleveland is going 0-16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Giants aren't that great, wouldn't be that surprising to see the Browns get their first and only win against them.

• Locked thread