Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Look, I kinda agree that Merkel should have emphasized more that Europe is still a fortress and people who have no chance of staying should not waste money on travel here. But I seriously doubt that it had that much of an impact, certainly not as much as the right claims it did.

Merkel didn't handle the situation perfectly, that's for sure, hindsight is 20/20. But the mistakes were rather minor in the greater scheme of things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GaussianCopula posted:

Sie haben nicht gegen Dublin 2 verstoßen, sondern es gab eine Anweisung, Teile von Dublin 2 nicht mehr anzuwenden, insbesondere den Artikel 10.

Könnte daran liegen, dass Dublin II schon seit einiger Zeit durch Dublin III ersetzt wurde. Und Dublin III erhält explizit eine Ermessensregelung, die es Mitgliedsstaaten erlaubt sich um die zu kümmern, für die eigentlich andere Dublinstaaten zuständig wären.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The crazy thing is that the "solution" now is basically the situation we had until the beginning of 2015, with Greece simply putting everyone who arrives into camps, which prevents them from getting to central Europe, which in turn reduces the number of people that try to come to about ~1% of the arrivals we had a year ago (source: http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/country.php?id=83). That source also shows you, that the month with the most arrivals in Greece was not August but October, well after Merkel decided to let the people from Hungary in.

But for this solution, which would have been available in September 2015 (or August), to be actually used we first had to have the Visegrad countries take a lot of flag over building a wall and a faux-treaty with Sultan Erdogan, so that the populist Greece government can justify to their voters that they need to intern illegal immigrants again?

Randler posted:

Könnte daran liegen, dass Dublin II schon seit einiger Zeit durch Dublin III ersetzt wurde. Und Dublin III erhält explizit eine Ermessensregelung, die es Mitgliedsstaaten erlaubt sich um die zu kümmern, für die eigentlich andere Dublinstaaten zuständig wären.

Which is basically what I said as Dublin III has similar provisions to Dublin II wrt sending potential refugees back to other countries.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 24, 2016

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

GaussianCopula posted:

Which is basically what I said as Dublin III has similar provisions to Dublin II wrt sending potential refugees back to other countries.

Man, I heard of moving the goalpost, but taking it and running back and forth with it, is something completely knew.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

GaussianCopula posted:

Step 2: Don't let refugees take selfies with you.
Wouldn't want to be on the same picture as an ausländer. That would send 'em the wrong message. Avoid Ausländer like the geschmeiss they are. Let's keep keep our borders closed and our blood pure.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

It's actually genuine. And amazing.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Drone posted:

Genuine or not, it's pretty great.
It's legit.

https://twitter.com/ZDFinfo/status/801471147623776256?lang=de

And ZDFinfo is legit good, btw.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Speaking of the ÖR, in the future there might only run a Tatort Wiederholung on 4 stations simultaneously instead of 9

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Drone posted:

Das ist eine berechtigte Frage, denn die Weltkriegs-Dokumentationen des öffentlich-rechtlichen Rundfunks sind inhaltlich unter aller Kanone.

Ich habe bis jetzt in noch keiner einzigen deutschen Weltkriegs-Dokumentation zum Beispiel was über die Kriegsverbrechen der Japaner im zweiten Weltkrieg gehört. Die einzigen die neben der Wehrmacht als Täter von Kriegsverbrechen dargestellt werden sind die Russen. Das hat auch irgendwie ein Geschmäckle, wie man am Lerchenberg sagen würde. Denn wenn man sich auf den Standpunkt stellt "Wir dürfen nur über die Verbrechen Deutschlands berichten, um den Rechten keinen Raum zu geben." dann aber die Russen quasi in den gleichen Topf schmeißt ist das m.E. eine Frechheit. Denn die Russen haben wesentlich mehr unter dem Angriffskrieg Hitlers gelitten als die Westallierten (insbesondere die Amerikaner, die sich ja gerne als die einzig wahren Retter Europas vor dem Faschismus profilieren).

Okay, das ist wahrscheinlich nicht der Gedankengang der AFDler, aber die Dokus vom ZDF sind trotzdem Müll. :colbert:

(Historisches Trivialwissen: Das ZDF wurde von Adenauer mit der expliziten Intention gegründet, der auch als "Rotfunk" verschrienen ARD ein bürgerlich-konservatives Angebot entgegenzusetzen. :eng101:)

Randler fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 25, 2016

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Look, I kinda agree that Merkel should have emphasized more that Europe is still a fortress and people who have no chance of staying should not waste money on travel here. But I seriously doubt that it had that much of an impact, certainly not as much as the right claims it did.

Merkel didn't handle the situation perfectly, that's for sure, hindsight is 20/20. But the mistakes were rather minor in the greater scheme of things

There are definitely people who say "let them all in, there's no such thing as an economic migrant", but Merkel is probably not one of them.

I think leaving the borders open for months after the initial situation (people stuck in Hungary rioting) was resolved, was a mistake. Initially taking those few thousand people in was the humanitarian thing to do though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Drone posted:

what does that say

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Kurtofan posted:

what does that say

Why is it that, in the WW2 documentaries on ZDFinfo, the Germans are always the perpetrators? #afdquestions

AfD being the German trumpist party.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Drone posted:

Why is it that, in the WW2 documentaries on ZDFinfo, the Germans are always the perpetrators? #afdquestions

pretty good, thanks.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Does it refer to just WWII? I interpreted it as "why do you always claim the Germans started WWI / WWII?"

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Lunar Suite posted:

Does it refer to just WWII? I interpreted it as "why do you always claim the Germans started WWI / WWII?"

I was loosely translating you see

because AfD are nazis

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Drone posted:

The background is that the AfD faction in a state parliament released a catalogue of 630 questions about public service broadcasting, most of which can easily be googled.

Another great Anfrage of theirs was when they asked the Saxon government about an alleged rape (by a refugee of course) in Maxim Gorki Park and if the government was covering it up. To which the government replied that they have no knowledge of a Gorki Park in Saxony.
It's actually in Moscow

Peggotty fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Nov 25, 2016

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

cebrail posted:

The background is that the AfD faction in a state parliament released a catalogue of 630 questions about public service broadcasting, most of which can easily be googled.

Another great Anfrage of theirs was when they asked the Saxon government about an alleged rape (by a refugee of course) in Maxim Gorki Park and if the government was covering it up. To which the government replied that they have no knowledge of a Gorki Park in Saxony.
It's actually in Moscow

So they never listened to Winds of Change.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
oh good i looked at the comments on that ZDFInfo twitter and it's full of white dudes so upset that there are GENDERS and THEY GOT GENOCIDED TOO and I don't think I can take this much idiocy sober.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I legit want more immigration.

Not random stuff. I want more Indian women here. Asians. Iranians. That whole region.

Refugees/asylum is a different topic, but immigration I want more of.

Randler posted:

Ich habe bis jetzt in noch keiner einzigen deutschen Weltkriegs-Dokumentation zum Beispiel was über die Kriegsverbrechen der Japaner im zweiten Weltkrieg gehört. Die einzigen die neben der Wehrmacht als Täter von Kriegsverbrechen dargestellt werden sind die Russen. Das hat auch irgendwie ein Geschmäckle, wie man am Lerchenberg sagen würde. Denn wenn man sich auf den Standpunkt stellt "Wir dürfen nur über die Verbrechen Deutschlands berichten, um den Rechten keinen Raum zu geben." dann aber die Russen quasi in den gleichen Topf schmeißt ist das m.E. eine Frechheit. Denn die Russen haben wesentlich mehr unter dem Angriffskrieg Hitlers gelitten als die Westallierten (insbesondere die Amerikaner, die sich ja gerne als die einzig wahren Retter Europas vor dem Faschismus profilieren).

Randler confirmed for Putinversteher

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

cebrail posted:

It's actually in Moscow

Also, the government wrote in the reply letter "Die Fragen sind inhaltlich nicht bestimmbar, von einer Beantwortung wird abgesehen." :allears:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Also, the government wrote in the reply letter "Die Fragen sind inhaltlich nicht bestimmbar, von einer Beantwortung wird abgesehen." :allears:

It is seriously impressive how many nuances there are in they way you can tell somebody to go gently caress themselves in Beamtendeutsch.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

This is about the first good thing coming from the ZDF in god knows how long.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Putin is my spirit anime, Cingulate.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Randler posted:

Putin is my spirit anime, Cingulate.

So you're Putin-Kin? Putkin? :v:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

System Metternich posted:

So you're Putin-Kin? Putkin? :v:
Putimkin, obviously.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Randler posted:

Das ist eine berechtigte Frage, denn die Weltkriegs-Dokumentationen des öffentlich-rechtlichen Rundfunks sind inhaltlich unter aller Kanone.

Ich habe bis jetzt in noch keiner einzigen deutschen Weltkriegs-Dokumentation zum Beispiel was über die Kriegsverbrechen der Japaner im zweiten Weltkrieg gehört. Die einzigen die neben der Wehrmacht als Täter von Kriegsverbrechen dargestellt werden sind die Russen.

https://www.welt.de/geschichte/zweiter-weltkrieg/article140502095/Vergewaltigung-Trophaeenjagd-Verbrechen-der-GIs.html
Im Ranking der Kriegsverbrechen kommt nach Wehrmacht, Roter Armee und Kaiserlicher Japanischer Armee erst mal lange nicht, was bereits unter Ausklammerung der Ideologie aufgrund des Landkriegs und der Truppenstärke logisch ist. Daher verwundert die scheinbare Unterrepräsentation der westallierten Verbrechen nicht.

quote:

Das hat auch irgendwie ein Geschmäckle, wie man am Lerchenberg sagen würde. Denn wenn man sich auf den Standpunkt stellt "Wir dürfen nur über die Verbrechen Deutschlands berichten, um den Rechten keinen Raum zu geben." dann aber die Russen quasi in den gleichen Topf schmeißt ist das m.E. eine Frechheit. Denn die Russen haben wesentlich mehr unter dem Angriffskrieg Hitlers gelitten als die Westallierten (insbesondere die Amerikaner, die sich ja gerne als die einzig wahren Retter Europas vor dem Faschismus profilieren).

Okay, das ist wahrscheinlich nicht der Gedankengang der AFDler, aber die Dokus vom ZDF sind trotzdem Müll. :colbert:

(Historisches Trivialwissen: Das ZDF wurde von Adenauer mit der expliziten Intention gegründet, der auch als "Rotfunk" verschrienen ARD ein bürgerlich-konservatives Angebot entgegenzusetzen. :eng101:)

Ich würde auch niemandem raten, sich über Fernsehdokus zu bilden, aber die Gleichsetzung "Rote Armee=Russen" ist unzutreffend. Die Rote Armee bestand aus so ziemlich allen Ethnien der Vielvölkerdiktatur Sowjetunion. Verbrechen haben nicht nur die Russen begangen und nicht nur die Russen haben gelitten. Nur weil das postsowjetische Rußland sich bis heute auf die Tradition der Roten Armee einen runterholt, weil seitdem wenig gelungen ist, muß man ja nicht ganz steinmeierisch das Narrativ von Putin übernehmen.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

^^^ good for you! :) I'm still unsure which party I would want to enroll in in the first place. Wahlomat and similar stuff tell me that the ÖDP might be the best fit for me, but otoh it would be nice to actually, you know, win seats in parliaments other than the local Stadtrat ^^^

Also: sorry for posting dumb Lokalnachrichten articles twice on the same page, but I figure that as long as Germany can be as sitcom-esque as this things can't be too bad :haw::

My hometown :unsmith:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yes I have a public announcement to make, if Gabriel that ratfucker ratfucks Schulz out of the chancellor candidacy I'm gonna drive to Berlin and poo poo on his porch. He is the worst. Thanks for your attention

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
hell of a toxx

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Yes I have a public announcement to make, if Gabriel that ratfucker ratfucks Schulz out of the chancellor candidacy I'm gonna drive to Berlin and poo poo on his porch. He is the worst. Thanks for your attention

im in

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
goon project :sotw: ill get the website read good sirs :phone:

az
Dec 2, 2005

sorry im busy that year

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

sorry i already did poo poo on his porch

e: and in that very second I get the Eilmeldung that Fidel Castro has died, rip

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

sorry i already did poo poo on his porch

e: and in that very second I get the Eilmeldung that Fidel Castro has died, rip

As he suffered from diverticulitis Castro probably took a dump on his own intestines.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

If you like Schulz, why would you want him to be wasted on an election he has no chance of winning?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

cebrail posted:

If you like Schulz, why would you want him to be wasted on an election he has no chance of winning?

We might be getting a Belarus coalition and therefore a SPD chancellorship. Look at the Sonntagsfrage, dude.

Schulz is infinitely more popular than Gabriel, but he is also kind of an outsider. I suspect Gabriel is going to try to pull a "it's my turn" and make people lose even more trust in the system.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

cebrail posted:

This. Schulz should depose Gabriel after Gabriel drags the SPD down to 15% in the election. Then Schulz can do a stalinist purge fire some empty suits and use the next legislative cycle to fix the SPD.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 26, 2016

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

I suspect Gabriel is going to try to pull a "it's my turn" and make people lose even more trust in the system.

bring back the holy roman empire

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The HRE is dead, deal with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

https://twitter.com/janboehm/status/802500423495995392