Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Oh jesus what are these rules for Arena

no healing that is beyond hosed up. At least stuff like Drain still works.

Daily Pull, second 3* Void Tree. I am ok with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got a 4* Agrias. What's she do that's good? I remember people were saying she's goodish.

EDIT: Then I roll a 3* bartz. I'll take it.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Nov 25, 2016

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Wow, uh. Big Bridge Gilgamesh part two on ELT is a sudden jump in difficulty from the rest of the map. And his first fight on ELT. I might not be able to get the ten lapis for doing it with five peeps.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nuebot posted:

I got a 4* Agrias. What's she do that's good? I remember people were saying she's goodish.

Full Break and actual decent damage output.

Edit: hey, can any of you guys hook me up with the new tmr farming macro? The one I found on Reddit doesn't really work if you're not trying to burn Lapis, as optimized as it is.

Dias fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Nov 25, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i burned 10 tickets and did a daily half price, i got three 4*, faris, exdeath, and cecil. that's my fourth of each exdeath and cecil but its better than a bedile i guess.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dias posted:

Edit: hey, can any of you guys hook me up with the new tmr farming macro? The one I found on Reddit doesn't really work if you're not trying to burn Lapis, as optimized as it is.

The ones on reddit come in 2 flavors: lapis spending and non-lapis spending. Are you sure you found the right thread? The TM Macro I've been using from that thread is the best one out there. Well tested to not click on anything destructive, can click back into the app if the app crashes, and runs super fast.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dias posted:

Full Break and actual decent damage output.

Yeah I read the wiki and laughed because I was about to awaken my vaan because I really need a full break. Now that my tilith is max level I guess I'll just give her my Rosa's hat and poo poo, awaken this Agrias and enjoy a slightly more effective party.

The new trial is still wrecking my poo poo in though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

The new trial is still wrecking my poo poo in though.

It's actually one fight where Barrage's unfocused damage is a really, really bad thing, since you want to focus down one part at a time and under no circumstances let the flower die before everything else. CoD really shines here for two reasons - one, Call of the Void is focused, heavy damage (and if they're strapped to an Ifrit, they get Plant Killer for free), and two, Aura Ball is an AoE attack debuff, which really, really helps survivability.

Speaking of Aura Ball, is it a -30% debuff or -40%? I see conflicting statements about it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
1/2 pull, Penelo
Ticket, 4* Russel

Did an 11 pull:

My first Exdeath! Kinda unlucky compared to people here though.
Amarant and 4* Garland were new too.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

My first rainbow crystal ever and my god it was worth the wait :monocle:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

It's actually one fight where Barrage's unfocused damage is a really, really bad thing, since you want to focus down one part at a time and under no circumstances let the flower die before everything else. CoD really shines here for two reasons - one, Call of the Void is focused, heavy damage (and if they're strapped to an Ifrit, they get Plant Killer for free), and two, Aura Ball is an AoE attack debuff, which really, really helps survivability.

Speaking of Aura Ball, is it a -30% debuff or -40%? I see conflicting statements about it.

I'm definitely going to try aura ball next time. As it stands every time I start the fight, I get like a sixth of the bar off and then the second turn they just spark chain and destroy my healers.

HGH posted:

Did an 11 pull:

drat, making me want to make an 11 pull myself. But depending on whether or not we get Dark Fina, it looks like we're getting Orlandu in two or three more banners. We skipped the other Type 0 units so we might not get those. There's a slim chance we might actually get Orlandu next, and if not then probably on christmas just basing it off the update schedule.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Lol

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
2000 karma of compensation I got. Better than nothing.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
11 pull netted ExDeath #2 and 3, Bartz, and another Agrias. I feel like I have every decent unit at this point except for a 5* and Zidane, so no dual wields for me.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Six summon tickets used in the FFV banner... of course now I don't draw any Kriles :v:

I drew two Exdeaths!

Also a Faris and a Galuf(at least he can go 5* now)

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Burned 10 tix + Daily:

- Bartz
- Edgar
- Faris
- Bartz
- Duane
- Bartz
- Bedile THANK GOD
- Anzelm DONT GIVE UP NOW VAX YOU CAN DO THIS LETS GOOOO

- EXDEATH
- EXDEATH
- !GOLD! EXDEATH

I call him Professor 999

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

So, uh, I had some lapis saved and wanted to take my chances at a Gilgamesh and, thus, dual wield. I have a Luneth and a Lightning, I've been lucky as hell already, but why not shoot for the moon! Did an eleven pull. It sucked. Did another eleven pull. Garbage. Out of lapis. Angrily looked at the store, noticed the $50 lapis purchase includes more than usual for right now, so gently caress it. Did an eleven pull.

:monocle: Four (FOUR!) rainbow crystals. I am now the proud owner of another Luneth, Ramza (did not have him!), Faris (ehhh), and Gilgamesh! :monocle: I should have screenshotted it, but I am a moron who doesn't know how to take one!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shmtur posted:

So, uh, I had some lapis saved and wanted to take my chances at a Gilgamesh and, thus, dual wield. I have a Luneth and a Lightning, I've been lucky as hell already, but why not shoot for the moon! Did an eleven pull. It sucked. Did another eleven pull. Garbage. Out of lapis. Angrily looked at the store, noticed the $50 lapis purchase includes more than usual for right now, so gently caress it. Did an eleven pull.

:monocle: Four (FOUR!) rainbow crystals. I am now the proud owner of another Luneth, Ramza (did not have him!), Faris (ehhh), and Gilgamesh! :monocle: I should have screenshotted it, but I am a moron who doesn't know how to take one!

did you steal fenrir's magical pull talisman

can i have it for a second

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
So that's where the fucker went...

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Dias posted:

did you steal fenrir's magical pull talisman

can i have it for a second

Right after that last pull there was a high pitched scream and it broke in half. I have to send it in to the shop, sorry!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Pro Tip:

If you run down either side of the bridge in the FF5 event, you will skip a large majority of the fights.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Pulled two 4* Bartz's this morning... I'm pretty stoked.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Need to boost my espers, but on the other hand FFV event. Decisions..

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Tried elite with only 5 and was able to clear, but the no-death mission is impossible. gently caress that, 10 Lapis can kiss my rear end, I'm not coming back for that.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It sure was worth staying up until 3 AM for that sweet, sweet 4* Penelo on my half price.

I have two more tickets left to collect this month (one from ADV and one from login) and I have 17 right now, so I'll just spend 4 right off the bat and see if I get anything decent.

Edgar
Kuja
Penelo
Exdeath

So the answer is no, I didn't get anything good.

Okay, Exdeath is good, but I already had one.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Glad to see everyone getting some good pulls today. Did an 11-pull and got Alma, Faris, Exdeath, and Cecil, none of which I had. Could really use some advice on making a balanced team that will let me push through content. I feel a little white mage/support-heavy:

Tellah
CoD
Refia
Tilith
Kain
Exdeath
Cecil
Faris
Alma
Kuja
Roselia
edit: And just drew Buttz from my 1/2 price

My other pulls are garbage from what I see on the wiki.

Also 225 985 375 !

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 25, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Alright, got my first Excalibur done. Once I polish off this Rising Sun I'll be ready to tackle the Antonella trial.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Voodoo posted:

Pro Tip:

If you run down either side of the bridge in the FF5 event, you will skip a large majority of the fights.

Quoting this because holy poo poo that's hilarious.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Bridge elite done, it wasn't too bad but multiple rezzes were used.

Managed to get Gilgamesh in three 11 pulls.

Yay for yet another thing to TM.

I noticed the new Fatty Chobo was in, but the stuff there isn't as important to get vs the Earrings for me.
The shield does look nice, but I don't need the 200 quartz rod-equip materia, and as good as they are 300 quartz for a TM Moogle is nuts.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

That's a lot of Butts

EDIT: From what I'm hearing, the Excalipoors can be traded in sometime later?

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Threw all my 24 tickets and 15000 lapis on summons, because forget saving for Orlandu, Gilgamesh and Faris are my faves and I want them. Also I could use an Exdeath. Trip report:

7x Exdeath!! (3 gold)
5x Vivi (1 gold)
5x FARIS!
4x Fran (2 gold)
4x Anzelm (1 gold)
4x Penelo
3x Sabin
2x Shantotto
2x Lani
2x Edgar (1 gold)
2x Bedile
2x Luna
2x Duane
Ingus (gold)
Cyan (gold)
Vaan! (gold)
Maria (gold)
Agrias! (gold)
Garnet! (gold)
Golbez (gold)
Cerius
Shadow (my second Shadow ever, lol)
Cyan
Mustadio
Firion!
Alma (gold)

59 pulls, 5 new characters, what the gently caress am I going to do with 7 Exdeaths

EDIT: Cast 10 meteors in one round, that's what

jaclynhyde fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 25, 2016

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So the new spear from this event: is it worth using over the Halloween one?

It's lower attack but the double attack thing isn't quite clear how useful it would be.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

m.hache posted:

So the new spear from this event: is it worth using over the Halloween one?

It's lower attack but the double attack thing isn't quite clear how useful it would be.

It doubles normal (non special move) attack hits. Give it to say a dual wielding Elza or Maxwell and you get 4 * 2 (dw) * 2 (twinspear) attacks for a total of 16 hits. This tends to generate a ton of lb/esper crystals.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
1/2 pull, gold crystal disappointment time...

:toot: Butz :toot:

And with that, I am done with the FF5 banner because lol chasing Gilgamesh and IDGAF about Faris. Now do I focus on Butz or wait until I get Exdeath #3 to 6* and dualcast meteor, or even just singlecast meteor... Thinking the latter because it's still massive gently caress you spike damage for events and the arena while Butz would be a decent but not amazing physical DPS alongside CoD.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

The man called M posted:

EDIT: From what I'm hearing, the Excalipoors can be traded in sometime later?

Doesn't seem like it. Nobody in the reddit thread mentions for sure they can be, there is some speculation that they theoretically could be but given the crossover with the Japanese version, if there was an item you could craft with them then we'd have heard about it right away. Either way there's no reason to farm the event for them until we hear something conclusive. My guess is that it's just a gimmick, joke item like it always is.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

big cummers ONLY posted:

Glad to see everyone getting some good pulls today. Did an 11-pull and got Alma, Faris, Exdeath, and Cecil, none of which I had. Could really use some advice on making a balanced team that will let me push through content. I feel a little white mage/support-heavy:

Tellah
CoD
Refia
Tilith
Kain
Exdeath
Cecil
Faris
Alma
Kuja
Roselia
edit: And just drew Buttz from my 1/2 price

My other pulls are garbage from what I see on the wiki.

Also 225 985 375 !

Cecil, Refia, CoD, Exdeath, Bartz (which autocorrects to Barry on my phone) will be very, very good. Tellah is good if you want to do more mage stuff, and Faris is a good Full
Breaker, so switch them in if you feel lacking. Faris for Cecil (you won't NEED a tank for a while, but you WILL eventually) and Tellah for CoD or Bartz (both of which are monsters at 6 stars, but not that great until then.)

Got a Butz in the half-price draw today. I knew I was gonna get one. Never had him before, so this is good!

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I did an 11 pull because I am weak as a kitten with a credit card. I got 4 Exdeaths, and a rainbow! The rainbow was Agrias. :mad:

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

I did an 11 pull:

Zidane#3, Tree Husbando and Greg! Last event I got an Elza. Actually feel lucky considering how poo poo my other pulls were lately.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kalas posted:

Bridge elite done, it wasn't too bad but multiple rezzes were used.

Managed to get Gilgamesh in three 11 pulls.

Yay for yet another thing to TM.

I noticed the new Fatty Chobo was in, but the stuff there isn't as important to get vs the Earrings for me.
The shield does look nice, but I don't need the 200 quartz rod-equip materia, and as good as they are 300 quartz for a TM Moogle is nuts.

You get star quartz fairly easily now, though. It's within reach for non-cheatersmacro users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Mr. Swoon posted:

I did an 11 pull because I am weak as a kitten with a credit card. I got 4 Exdeaths, and a rainbow! The rainbow was Agrias. :mad:

Four dualcasts of Meteor if you have it in you to grind them up.

• Locked thread