Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Cecil, Refia, CoD, Exdeath, Bartz (which autocorrects to Barry on my phone) will be very, very good. Tellah is good if you want to do more mage stuff, and Faris is a good Full
Breaker, so switch them in if you feel lacking. Faris for Cecil (you won't NEED a tank for a while, but you WILL eventually) and Tellah for CoD or Bartz (both of which are monsters at 6 stars, but not that great until then.)

Thanks! Big help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

For those throwing themselves against Antenora, my Lightning's at 588 attack, double plant killer, non-elemental weapons.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Aw yeah, finally Exdeath is on a banner! Time to pull!

Anzelm :rolldice:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Arena random close again,
Literally just turned on the freggin thing not even for a minute.

Im goin back to Nox, Memu is completely going apeshit now.

E:Against better judgement, tried Memu again because Im in a hurry and dont have time to update in Nox.
It crashed AGAIN, and it happened in the exact same thing. Killing WoL guarding someone literally kills the game. That was too consistent and too much of a coincidence to happen twice in a row for the exact same reason.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 25, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
lol that today's 50 lapis are gated behind wasting 3 orbs in the colosseum

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Please Please Gumi give us maze and ill shower you in lapis. I have like 7 units or more to level right now.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Repeating a question I had last week because I still don't think I worded it clearly:

Am I supposed to be able to get 40 lapis from fighting 5 times in the arena every day? Some days I'll do one arena fight and get 20 lapis so I'll know I can do four more fights and get another 20 lapis on the last fight. Other days, I do an arena fight and... nothing, so I just spend orbs clearing the Colon. I don't know if it's a bug or if you can only get the rewards so many times or what.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I think the five (Lapis/Ether/StarQuartz/Potion/Lapis) Arena rewards is daily, just it resets at a weird time. I'd guess it's timed to reset at the same time as the weekly rankings except daily but I haven't really experimented with it to find out.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yes. 40 Lapis a day, but the reset time is not the same time as everything else, it's at like, 4pm Central time or something like that.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Oh jeez no wonder I'm so confused. Thanks!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Hardbody posted:

Please Please Gumi give us maze and ill shower you in lapis. I have like 13 units or more to level right now.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Did an 11 pull. First crystal came out rainbow. Gilgamesh! 2nd rainbow ever, and first base 5*. Now I got even more tm grinding to do. Got exdeath #2, Faris, and my first locke too ,so pretty awesome. Already have Bartz ×2 so I'm done with this banner.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
pulled 15 times with tickets, got 4 Exdeaths, a Bartz, and two Faris. No Gilgamesh but thems the beats. Still gonna half off pull though.

How good is Doublehand, or should I just like TM farm with two Bartz and fuse em? I know Bartz himself isn't terribly special at 6*

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Servaetes posted:

pulled 15 times with tickets, got 4 Exdeaths, a Bartz, and two Faris. No Gilgamesh but thems the beats. Still gonna half off pull though.

How good is Doublehand, or should I just like TM farm with two Bartz and fuse em? I know Bartz himself isn't terribly special at 6*

Doublehand is ok, but it gets really good if you put it on one of the characters with their own native doublehand, like Garland or Demon Rain since their native doublehand stacks with the materia.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Doublehand materia not stacking on global is a massive gently caress you from Gumi.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Event done, not too bad of a fight compared to the last event.

Time to grind levels and awakening mats again.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Dropped 5 tickets

3* bartz
3* exdeath
3* duane
3* fran
4* wol

Sweet!

PathAsc posted:

Time to grind levels and sacred crystals again.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of crystals, I was disappointed the 1200 lapis bundle has Rainbow blooms instead of sacred crystals today.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\/\ It does say that the Awakening materials change every day. The Sacred Crystal one was worth it to me; this one is not.

My Zidane is at 98.9 percent thanks to guy Greg's moogle. So close, so very, very close... cannot justify using another moogle on him at this point.

I've missed like three missions but have otherwise cleared the Big Bridge.

Time to get Carbuncle and farm build up Butz I guess.

The Big Bridge has a reward of "tickets"and I know how the singular/plural thing works in English, Gumi...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 25, 2016

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also a reminder to do the weekend crystal thing in the vortex even if all your Espers are maxed for the 150 Lapis.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
and for a chance at fire megacrysts in case you need to make more tiger masks

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Can I do the bridge thing if I'm brand new or will that be wasted energy

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

You might as well try; the first couple of stages might be doable.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

big cummers ONLY posted:

Go along the extreme left or right of the bridge, there are less encounters. I sleepwalked through the first three stages like that. The last two are a ...little harder.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
A goon friend lead can carry you through at least the summon ticket stage. You probably need some damage for the Twin Lance, since that was the point at which the mook enemies wouldn't die to a since physical aoe.

deltah
Sep 28, 2012
If anyone wants an average Luneth friend: 660,234,922. Not that amazing at current event bosses but good for normal farming.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm glad I pulled a Butz because at least i can use that on any future poo poo-wrecker since god knows if/when I'll pull Zidane (or Gilgamesh) on a future banner. Shame that Gumi and SEQX are shits who won't let it stack on global (not that it isn't broken as poo poo in JP).

It's a shame earthshaker is an ability and you can't doublecast it because that severely reduces its appeal on Exdeath.

Dias posted:

did you steal fenrir's magical pull talisman

can i have it for a second

I call dibbs for it on the Orlandu banner and I will cut anyone who tries to deny me. :argh:

Cat Pilot posted:

I did an 11 pull:

Zidane#3, Tree Husbando and Greg! Last event I got an Elza. Actually feel lucky considering how poo poo my other pulls were lately.

You fucker.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So seeing as how we are getting nerfs in global (no double hand stacking) are the trials going to be tuned accordingly?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Can ELT be a friend carry if I go heavy defensive? I still don't have great DPS yet (Luneth is almost there, 2 CoDs I just pulled like 3 and 4 days ago)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

/\/\/\/\ It does say that the Awakening materials change every day. The Sacred Crystal one was worth it to me; this one is not.

Today's bundle was still tempting to me simply because of the Gigantuars but in the end no Sacreds tipped it over to a pass.

I was trying to think of a decent unit I have to use Twin Lance and I don't think I have any. I don't have Elza, and I do have Lightning but I either use Barrage or Crushing Blow with her, neither of which Twin Lance helps out with (in fact, it would actively harm them, because of the lower attack power). I guess there's Maxwell but I don't feel like she's worth using anyway.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Twin Lance on Lightning would probably be a nightmare. Every time you hit attack you'd be able to go make a sandwhich before it finishes.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

m.hache posted:

So seeing as how we are getting nerfs in global (no double hand stacking) are the trials going to be tuned accordingly?

I can't see why they would be, Maxwell came in the same as the one in JP from what I understand, and over there they had more powerful characters to deal with her when their event happened

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

Today's bundle was still tempting to me simply because of the Gigantuars but in the end no Sacreds tipped it over to a pass.

I was trying to think of a decent unit I have to use Twin Lance and I don't think I have any. I don't have Elza, and I do have Lightning but I either use Barrage or Crushing Blow with her, neither of which Twin Lance helps out with (in fact, it would actively harm them, because of the lower attack power). I guess there's Maxwell but I don't feel like she's worth using anyway.

The twin lance can be used on Cecil or WoL. Give them a little extra oomph.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

AegisP posted:

Twin Lance on Lightning would probably be a nightmare. Every time you hit attack you'd be able to go make a sandwhich before it finishes.

Someone should do this on their friend unit for troll purposes. Like that guy with Locke and charm bangle. If you give her an Aurora Scarf also will her norma attack hit 8 times? 12 times?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

m.hache posted:

The only things that have been nerfed so far are Doublehand, and Maxwell's Trial. The latter was a very minor nerf (the encounter in JP begins with a Genesis as soon as the fight starts, and she has small ticking damage to your party members occasionally), so it's looking like the Doublehand nerf is an exception. Antonella's Trial, for instance, is buffed from JP, but that makes sense because we're a few months late on getting the Trial.

So they're adjusting Trials/Fights specifically to incorporate differing release schedules, but as we catch up with JP, this is likely to lessen.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

Someone should do this on their friend unit for troll purposes. Like that guy with Locke and charm bangle. If you give her an Aurora Scarf also will her norma attack hit 8 times? 12 times?

As I understand it twin lance and aurora scarf use the same effect and won't stack.

deltah
Sep 28, 2012

Chen Kenichi posted:

Can ELT be a friend carry if I go heavy defensive? I still don't have great DPS yet (Luneth is almost there, 2 CoDs I just pulled like 3 and 4 days ago)

My attempt was with a friend DW CoD ... 500'ish atk maybe? I feel like they were doing 80% of the damage but I couldn't keep up with healing (Cecil + Fina is my main healer, still leveling up Refia). I also don't have provoke yet. I think CoD with a defensive team could do it but I only got to 50% so don't really know what else there is to the fight.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

AegisP posted:

The only things that have been nerfed so far are Doublehand, and Maxwell's Trial. The latter was a very minor nerf (the encounter in JP begins with a Genesis as soon as the fight starts, and she has small ticking damage to your party members occasionally), so it's looking like the Doublehand nerf is an exception. Antonella's Trial, for instance, is buffed from JP, but that makes sense because we're a few months late on getting the Trial.

So they're adjusting Trials/Fights specifically to incorporate differing release schedules, but as we catch up with JP, this is likely to lessen.

Don't forget that they increased the Bedile and Shadow drop rates for global. :frogout:

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
If Brave Frontier taught me anything its that Doublehand not stacking is due to gross negligence on the part of Gumi, and not an intentional nerf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Pretty sure there has been confirmation directly from Gumi that it's an intentional nerf.

• Locked thread