Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

"well i am a non-white person who has to go see my white and blatantly racist relatives but i guess i just have to sit there and respect them because they are my family and i am a terrified coward."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

cams posted:

"well i am a non-white person who has to go see my white and blatantly racist relatives but i guess i just have to sit there and respect them because they are my family and i am a terrified coward."

You have deep rooted mental illness. You should seek help

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

You have deep rooted mental illness. You should seek help
"the REALLY brave thing is to do is to continue being around these people and pretending you don't find them abhorrent because it's thanksgiving and tradition and family" - giant pussies

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

cams posted:

"the REALLY brave thing is to do is to continue being around these people and pretending you don't find them abhorrent because it's thanksgiving and tradition and family" - giant pussies

The Reason Trump is President

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

The Reason Trump is President
yeah trump is president because giant pussies hang around people who say and believe lovely things and are too afraid to say anything, completely accurate

*laughs at rape jokes, is a gutless fish*

cams
Mar 28, 2003

best thing about trump win is that the giant terrified pussies who wanted big daddy to make everything alright are now in power and all they can do is continue pretending to be persecuted

cams
Mar 28, 2003

protip: the majority of the people who post "ironically" and act detached from everything are scared babies that find having actual opinions or convictions too challenging cause what if someone argues with me and i'll start crying waaaaaaah

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rape jokes can be funny

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

Rape jokes can be funny
okay billy zane from back to the future

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

cams posted:

protip: the majority of the people who post "ironically" and act detached from everything are scared babies that find having actual opinions or convictions too challenging cause what if someone argues with me and i'll start crying waaaaaaah

yeah same

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Trump won because bill Clinton was a lovely president.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I had a fun time with my right wing relatives. I feel bad for your families if you can't have a heated conversation and take it personally enough to cause real issues. I think we had more fighting over the vikings game than anything.

One of my young cousins is straight up alt-right though, despite not having a job and also practically begging me for a 3ds/pokemon for christmas since I have disposable income and he doesn't.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Deki posted:

I had a fun time with my right wing relatives. I feel bad for your families if you can't have a heated conversation and take it personally enough to cause real issues. I think we had more fighting over the vikings game than anything.

One of my young cousins is straight up alt-right though, despite not having a job and also practically begging me for a 3ds/pokemon for christmas since I have disposable income and he doesn't.

Yeah, my cousin who treated us to his musings on how a 10% flat tax and getting rid of all forms of "entitlements" would fix everything in the world is a 20 something bottom bitch at a realty place and still lives with his parents. He's almost a textbook libertarian but I guess the allure of the hat was too much!

If they kicked him out he'd be straight up loving destitute within a week but lol he's an only child so there's basically zero chance of him encountering the real world anytime soon with his parents.

Ave Cheeto

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Thanksgiving went okay this year. Politics were discussed quite a bit- my family seems to be mostly Johnson backers, with some Trump and Stein supporters (and me, the sole La Riva voter)- there was a bit of mild argumentation at first about Trump's potential foreign policy stances, and about third party voting, but ultimately we were all able to discuss and articulate our viewpoints with open minds and accepting hearts, and most of us left that night learning a little something. I guess this is because our love and respect for one another- our ' family bond' in a manner of speaking- is considerably stronger than any of our political beliefs. It also helps that none of us have lots of holes in our brains from years of drugs abuse and sexually transmitted disease.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
If you can't even loving talk to your family how the gently caress do you expect to talk to anyone about politics, I don't get this "ugh I'm so MAD at my DAD" bullshit

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bunch of people who can't understand other people's families being legitimately awful people and not wanting to spend time with them. but dumb people always gonna universalize their own experience, soooo

my thanksgiving was great btw because i am blessed with a family who doesn't suck poo poo. lots of people i know aren't so lucky.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

cams posted:

bunch of people who can't understand other people's families being legitimately awful people and not wanting to spend time with them. but dumb people always gonna universalize their own experience, soooo

my thanksgiving was great btw because i am blessed with a family who doesn't suck poo poo. lots of people i know aren't so lucky.

Sure lol

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cams posted:

you should do what the OP says to do and call vilerat's mom a bitch

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

Yeah, my cousin who treated us to his musings on how a 10% flat tax and getting rid of all forms of "entitlements" would fix everything in the world is a 20 something bottom bitch at a realty place and still lives with his parents. He's almost a textbook libertarian but I guess the allure of the hat was too much!

If they kicked him out he'd be straight up loving destitute within a week but lol he's an only child so there's basically zero chance of him encountering the real world anytime soon with his parents.

Ave Cheeto

why did you say this to us instead of to him

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

but seriously did no one else notice that in the OP there is a line calling Vilerat's mom a bitch?

seems a bit disrespectful imo

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Why would I read the OP?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Grondoth posted:

Why would I read the OP?

its pretty funny

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zen death robot posted:

I've been making GBS threads all day

oh god same

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

zen death robot posted:

My wife and I had the flu so we stayed home and had roast and watched movies

Did you discuss politics?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

why did you say this to us instead of to him

I say that to him even when there isn't an election on because it's the only way to make him shut up for even an instant

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Bull burr had an awesome tactic for dealing with these arguments that probably made for better thanksgivings then the ones in the Op. It boiled down to two words: "Fair enough."

Someone tries to intiate political discussion? Hear what they have to say and then respond "fair enough" and then go back to watching the cowboys or eating potatoes or sneaking into the garage to smoke bowls with your cool aunt.

Be a peacemaker. "Fair enough." It's better than pouring beer on the floor or jumping out of your stepdad's car or whatever.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im eating a full compliment of leftovers

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

My niece is adorable, board games with the family were fun, and Doanld J. Trump is president elect of the United States of America.

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Black Baby Goku posted:

Actually Hitler was really, really good, and smart.

because of presidential term limits, trump would only have enough time to do all the good stuff hitler did, like the autobahns and the economic recovery and not start a world war

def. and improvement on hillary starting a world war right away

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot
as a foreigner

why do americans get together once a year to overeat to the point they pass out and give themselves horrible diarrhea

why did i do this to myself

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Trumpenproletariat posted:

as a foreigner

why do americans get together once a year to overeat to the point they pass out and give themselves horrible diarrhea

lol if you think americans only overeat to the point they pass out and give themselves horrible diarrhea only once a year

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Trumpenproletariat posted:

as a foreigner

Dont be racist. Its our culture. And be glad we make quality high flow toilets.

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot

TheLightPurges posted:

Dont be racist. Its our culture. And be glad we make quality high flow toilets.

i'm remembering that gbs thread where a goon complained about the crappy low-flush toilet his wife made him get, and then bragged about getting a 5 gallon american standard or something

then it was discovered that model didn't exist, so it was an elaborate toilet fantasy

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I make the wine, beer, and desserts for thanksgiving so if anyone decides to spout rush limbaugh or turns on :foxnews:. I do my best impression of the seinfeld soup nazi and don't let them have any of those things I made. It garnered some rage at first but, the end result is the idiot hillbilly branch of the family actually behaves. Its a feat that had not occurred for apparently the last 50 years according to older family members.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cams posted:

good im glad of it

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

My Linux Rig posted:

Aka how trump won

We live in NY. It does not matter.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

cams posted:

I'm not detached. I'm attached... To my kind, loving and understanding family. :)

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Believe it or not, most of the people who disagree with you politically aren't terrible human beings, but, within the context of their understanding of reality, are doing the best they can to be the best people they can!!

For an effort post: my pops is a Christian pastor and "Reagan" Conservative, and all that goes along with that. He thought that Hillary was the devil. He thinks that homosexuality is a sin. However, none of that stops my dad from being the kindest, gentlest person I know. He loves and appreciates every gay person he meets, never lectures them or imposed his viewpoints on them. He treats everyone equally. He sat down and had several lunches with an Aryan Neo-nazi and genuinely tried to help the guy, even though my mom is Jewish and in this dude's worldview she was subhuman. My pops is really into the bible, and because of that he would put himself in danger or even lay down his life for a perfect stranger, even if they were the sinniesst "sinner" who had ever sinned.

And yeah, he probably voted for Trump (I haven't asked and I'm not going to). It's not because he's malicious, "deplorable", a nazi, or evil. It's really depressing to me to see on here people vilifying the millions upon millions of people who voted Trump and painting them all with the same brush. That's how we lost, and we'll lose again and again and again if we keep it up. That Neo-nazi I mentioned? I my dad had just screamed, "gently caress you buddy, my wife is Jewish" and socked him, then the guy would have one more reason to hate Jews. Instead, because loving people like my dad and that guy's family reached out, years later he came back into the fold of the Chrisian church and recanted his nazism.

So yeah, happy thanksgiving everybody. Treat you family members who disagree with you with kindness. Forgive them their Trump support, for they know not what they do. Recognize that politics is temporal and fleeting, but that family lasts Ito eternity.

Or jut be a smug little bitch and make everyone hate you.

lol gently caress ur dad

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i used to get a kick outta calling my racist cousin from Vidor (super racist town in east texas) racial slurs since they made him so mad

the n word is the worst thing you can call a white racist person in their mind but you can change it up too by using some classic terms from the 20s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm not detached. I'm attached... To my kind, loving and understanding family. :)

Hell, same.

• Locked thread