Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/801178914953408512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

abraham linksys posted:

apparently there were some pre-SmackDown NXT tapings yesterday, suspect those might end up being next week's episode

as usual i did myself a disservice by forgetting to check Triple H's Twitter feed

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/801159259266355201

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
No Way Jose is getting a lot better on the Mic.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

achillesforever6 posted:

Some good rear end video promos on this episode
I really liked all these post-match promos. Their tone is a nice change of pace and one I'd like to see more often in wrestling.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Solus posted:

No Way Jose is getting a lot better on the Mic.

His angry promo a few weeks ago was really, really good.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that gargano and ciampa promo

i'm not crying, you're crying

also the billie kay/peyton royce/daria backstage segment was extremely good

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

looking forward to finding a 7am periscope stream of this Joe/Nakamura match in a couple weeks :)

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

abraham linksys posted:

looking forward to finding a 7am periscope stream of this Joe/Nakamura match in a couple weeks :)

i thought japan was going to be on the network

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

spongeh posted:

i thought japan was going to be on the network

Won't be live iirc.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I really enjoy the bitchy australians.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Solus posted:

I enjoyed the week Aaliyah came down to help out Liv Morgan and then the Australians realized,"Hang on.... it's only Aaliyah! :laugh:" and beat them both up anyway.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hinoarashi posted:

Won't be live iirc.

Yea they're taping for NXT tv.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Cross-post from Twitter thread since it's RE: TakeOver
https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/801976455773220864

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AMReese posted:

Right Owens right.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AMReese posted:

Wow what an epic tweet!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

AMReese posted:

Wow, some pretty controversial opinions from the champ there. Thanks for sharing!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is it just me or does it feel like Sanity takes forever to do anything? I don't dislike them and I feel like the gimmick has legs potentially, but they stand there and pose before, during, and after everything they do for like 2 minutes at a time. I feel like they should strike suddenly and cause chaos, then be out of there before you know what happened.

I'm glad the music department has finally caught up to the popularity of Robert Miles' 1995 hit "Children".

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Is it just me or does it feel like Sanity takes forever to do anything? I don't dislike them and I feel like the gimmick has legs potentially, but they stand there and pose before, during, and after everything they do for like 2 minutes at a time. I feel like they should strike suddenly and cause chaos, then be out of there before you know what happened.

Sometimes. I am a fan of the flailing dancing they started doing in the background when Eric Young was cutting a promo in the last episode though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, I'm fine when they're actually in motion and I'm glad they're speaking now. Before then though their intro/outro felt overly long.

I've been really high on Daria Berenato since Tough Enough so I'm really happy to see how much she's progressed. I see more potential in her than pretty much anyone right now, and part of that is her style standing out so much from anyone else, even the main roster.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Solus posted:

Yeah. I'm looking forward to when them loving over Daria comes back to bite them in the rear end

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Evie and Heidi Lovelace dropped the SHIMMER tag titles to Tessa Blanchard and Vanessa Kraven this month.

Besides that this is very #AskQuestions https://twitter.com/mcitywrestling/status/802104158962651136
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vTw04A9EyA

Heidi obviously had a tryout recently. Things look good WWE wise for her too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're still talking about doing a women's tournament in January, right?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I hope Ricochet doesn't have enough leverage when if he ever signs a contract to bring along Tessa.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

I hope Ricochet doesn't have enough leverage when if he ever signs a contract to bring along Tessa.

I don't think it'd take much given her last name?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Tessa is very good. Her promo ability alone is great. WWE would be dumb not to sign her.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Didn't she already get a shot? Not that it would stop them from bringing her in if they had a mind to.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

Didn't she already get a shot? Not that it would stop them from bringing her in if they had a mind to.

Tessa was at the same tryout Crazy Mary was at.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Do we really need to have the Tessa conversation yet again? There's good reasons why she hasn't been signed. Yes she nice to DM Punk but she's been in endless backstage fights and is known for having a horrible attitude in general. Despite Tessa's 2 year head start Racheal Ellering WILL be signed ahead of Tessa.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BarackOMamba/status/802312668476534784

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/803316005787365377

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I'll be ready. I got all my fucks lined up and ready for him to off. NXT is bad and that tweet loving sucks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Good, that means it'll be only a bit more than 2 months between Toronto and San Antonio, and a bit more than 2 months between San Antonio and Orlando, instead of 4 1/2 months between Toronto and Orlando. That should hopefully result in storylines progressing faster in NXT and the episodes being more important than they have been over the past half year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Germansimp posted:

Good, that means it'll be only a bit more than 2 months between Toronto and San Antonio, and a bit more than 2 months between San Antonio and Orlando, instead of 4 1/2 months between Toronto and Orlando. That should hopefully result in storylines progressing faster in NXT and the episodes being more important than they have been over the past half year.

:agreed:

Hopefully they just have the Takeovers be on the weekends of the "big 4" and then have another one between WM and SummerSlam to keep it from dragging.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

We are getting a new title contender now, right? As much as I like Nak, it seems like those two have been facing exclusively each other for a year.

E: Also, Aries should start doing a Cowboy Bob Orton/Lex Luger gimmick where he hits people with his eye socket as a cheating tactic.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 28, 2016

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

projecthalaxy posted:

We are getting a new title contender now, right? As much as I like Nak, it seems like those two have been facing exclusively each other for a year.

E: Also, Aries should start doing a Cowboy Bob Orton/Lex Luger gimmick where he hits people with his eye socket as a cheating tactic.

Joe vs Nak is going to be at Japan. That could logically be the last match, assuming he doesn't just win it back in Japan, giving Joe his contractual rematch

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

spongeh posted:

Joe vs Nak is going to be at Japan. That could logically be the last match, assuming he doesn't just win it back in Japan, giving Joe his contractual rematch

There's a cage match as well on the 8th in Australia and that could be the "ok I don't care who wins no more rematches" point in the feud (with the loser hopefully getting called up to SmackDown Live)

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

projecthalaxy posted:

Death to the "rematch clause."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
What they need now is multiple challengers, hell make a Triple threat or Fatal Fourway for the main event; enough of this tedious log jam bullshit.

Or better yet have Joe and/or Nakamura have legit matches on the TV that aren't just squashes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If they have to keep the stupid rematch clause, they should do it on the first TV episode after the Takeover. Just get it over with and get some new contenders in the mix, and oh hey your champ is actually wrestling on TV and you have a quality main event to promote. Instead, they just book the rematch for the next Takeover and everybody's gotta spend another 2-3 months with their thumbs up their asses.

Balor, Joe and Nakamura have been going around in circles for over a year now and it's strangled the life out of the men's singles division. Stop dragging this poo poo out and let's get some real storyline progression going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Benne posted:

If they have to keep the stupid rematch clause, they should do it on the first TV episode after the Takeover. Just get it over with and get some new contenders in the mix, and oh hey your champ is actually wrestling on TV and you have a quality main event to promote. Instead, they just book the rematch for the next Takeover and everybody's gotta spend another 2-3 months with their thumbs up their asses.

Balor, Joe and Nakamura have been going around in circles for over a year now and it's strangled the life out of the men's singles division. Stop dragging this poo poo out and let's get some real storyline progression going.

The problem with doing the rematch the next night is it becomes a foregone conclusion, jut like it does on RAW when they rematch half the PPV card every time. Rematches should be a big deal, built to properly and the outcome sold as unknown, the problem is having 4 month gaps between them.

• Locked thread