Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
yeah i usually go cheap, the only expensive thing i own are some cw-x compression tights. i thought they might help my knee. i dunno. they do look cool at least imo other than that i get cheap poo poo anyway

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lmao just wear a tank top and some shorts god drat. Who spends that ridiculous amount of money on workout clothes?

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lmao just wear a tank top and some shorts god drat. Who spends that ridiculous amount of money on workout clothes?

how else will everyone know what a tryhard i am if I don't wear/drive/eat/live in all of my money

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lol if you wear clothes while training.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I only have one pair of shorts I work out in. Plain black Nike shorts. It also has a hole in the crotch. And they get stinky easily cause I might wash them once a week. I figure maybe I could get a couple of pairs for $10 each hopefully :shrug:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Update: 6pm.com is where it's at.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Compression tights own.

I own compression tights.

Ergo

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
ive been awake since 6am yesterday so im mad as heck on deadlift day, convenient

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Sleep is as important as diet and exercise. If you are gimping any of the 3 you will be getting a visit from the gains goblin.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

satanic splash-back posted:

You should squat with your mind instead of body

He who squats with his body has forgotten the face of his father. I squat with my heart.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I bought some cheap whey on the friday sales :buddy:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Zzulu posted:

I bought some cheap whey on the friday sales :buddy:

I know there's a joke here somewhere, someone show me the whey plz

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I am at the gym.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Deadlifting after the Xgiving. I'm grateful for iron plates.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I had to go to another gym the past few days because I'm out of town. There's only one squat rack. Guy decided to do 5 sets of squats, bench, and deadlift consecutively. Took 55 minutes. Dick move

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
That's when you're supposed to passively aggressively ask "how many sets you got left bro?"

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

FedEx Mercury posted:

That's when you're supposed to passively aggressively ask "how many sets you got left bro?"

Yeah yeah I know. I was relatively content doing other stuff though. But I like to start with the big stuff so it kinda threw me off

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
When all the racks are full is when I go use the cardio machines (just joking)

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

buddhanc posted:

I had to go to another gym the past few days because I'm out of town. There's only one squat rack. Guy decided to do 5 sets of squats, bench, and deadlift consecutively. Took 55 minutes. Dick move

Thats a pretty intense work out tho good for him

dunno why he was deadlifting in a squat rack though...

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Fallows posted:

Thats a pretty intense work out tho good for him

dunno why he was deadlifting in a squat rack though...
There's only 1 rack. Likely only 1 barbell.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I go to Planet Fitness for the free pizza

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I know it's a bitch move, but I'm using gloves for shrugs on the smith machine. That poo poo tears the gently caress out of my hands. Skin cut and hanging every time.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Khorne posted:

There's only 1 rack. Likely only 1 barbell.

That's me the last couple days visiting the in-laws in nowheresville. The only gym that's open is an Anytime and it's got one squat rack, no dedicated bench for bench presses and very little space for deadlifts.

At least it was slow and I didn't have to wait at all for things to open up.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I lifted on thanksgiving

It was really good

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Same. I earned that turkey god dammit

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

i was lazy and wore my workout clothes to eat food, and people were grabbin my biceps all night like it was a turkey wing

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
People keep saying things about my muscles at work the past couple of weeks. I kinda figured they were just loving with me, but its not stopping and more customers keep saying it too :c00l:

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

89 posted:

I know it's a bitch move, but I'm using gloves for shrugs on the smith machine. That poo poo tears the gently caress out of my hands. Skin cut and hanging every time.
A real bitch move is having to stop your workout before you have worked your muscles fully. That said how is it tearing your skin? It is a 4 inch up down range of motion (like when I gently caress) there isn't much room for friction to be created like on a olympic lift.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I've been eating like poo poo these past two weeks. Need to get back on track I don't want to spend my 20s stuck in "it's so nice you started working out" phase.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I just experienced post thanksgiving gains today due to the large amount of ham, salami and brisket yesterday. Going 8 reps on the last set of deadlifts when I normally can only get 5 felt so drat good.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

GORDON posted:

He who squats with his body has forgotten the face of his father. I squat with my heart.

Rereading that right now. I get reference!

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://youtu.be/qmBvFzxtRxE

Crocop is getting pretty jacked by lifting a bar no plates.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

E_P posted:

Sleep is as important as diet and exercise. If you are gimping any of the 3 you will be getting a visit from the gains goblin.

working a lovely job is already the gains goblin

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

89 posted:

You're holding the bar wrong.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

You're holding the bar wrong.
How do you hold the ez curl bar for skullcrushers? I think that's what's grinding up the mid part of my palm. It's not too ground up or anything just a bit of a callus. And only on one of the palms.

I'm just holding it on the closest curled part right now. It's kinda too narrow though, and I haven't found a wider grip that doesn't suck. I've watched videos and they all hold it on the close part, but for me that's kind of too close? I don't know. Maybe I'm just doing something stupid like letting the bar roll in my hand at some point.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 26, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
how the hell are you destroying your hands using shrugs and skullcrushers

Deadlifting is the only handdestroyer I know

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

How do you hold the ez curl bar for skullcrushers? I think that's what's grinding up the mid part of my palm. It's not too ground up or anything just a bit of a callus. And only on one of the palms.

I'm just holding it on the closest curled part right now. It's kinda too narrow though, and I haven't found a wider grip that doesn't suck. I've watched videos and they all hold it on the close part, but for me that's kind of too close? I don't know. Maybe I'm just doing something stupid like letting the bar roll in my hand at some point.

The bar shouldn't be in the mid part of your palm. Grip with your fingers.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

The bar shouldn't be in the mid part of your palm. Grip with your fingers.
It starts in the mid part and then it rolls back to my fingers once I'm not sitting up, and then when I am sitting up again it is back in my palm. I'm not sure how I'd hold it in my fingers during those parts. It doesn't roll around during reps or anything.

My skullcrusher routine goes like: pick up ez bar, kinda do the power clean motion to get it held in my hand the right way except hold it like a press instead of in the rack position, awkwardly sit down, lay down while holding it in a locked out bench position, get in position to do reps, do reps, either sit up or lower the bar to my abdominal/hip area and put it down and then sit up, put bar on floor. I don't know how dumb I am for doing it this way.

Zzulu posted:

Deadlifting has been exceptionally kind to my hands. So far. Maybe it is from deadlifting. It's hard to identify what it's from given that it is a callus and I only notice it after my session is over. It could also just be from bench because the bar definitely is near that area of my hand during bench and it's in a weird part of my hand that could easily fold. I also grip the bar like my life depends on it while benching and not during other lifts.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 26, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Zzulu posted:

how the hell are you destroying your hands using shrugs and skullcrushers

My super hoss buddy suggests I should try it with a mixed grip and also trim down my callouses so it's not there to rip up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

It starts in the mid part and then it rolls back to my fingers once I'm not sitting up, and then when I am sitting up again it is back in my palm. I'm not sure how I'd hold it in my fingers during those parts. It doesn't roll around during reps or anything.