Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action George
Apr 13, 2013

There never has been nor will there ever be a time when Amumu is not the correct answer to this question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
My favorite game of League ever was a gimmick comp of Amumu, Zyra, Blitz, Xin, Brand. On-demand apocalypse.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Amumu, Vi, Warwick. Rammus, Skarner are all really good right now in lower elo.

What about high elo? Any good peeling champs? I'll go buy vi.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

LegalPad posted:

I hate how there's almost zero thought to team comp in Silver. Nobody will declare champs, so I'll first pick Elise or something, and then the rest of my team will be 3 assassins and a squishy support. So frustrating.

This doesn't change

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Radical posted:

yeah hes been pretty decent for a long time (made some appearances at worlds even.) people actually hated the rework so much that no one will play him though, which i find pretty funny.

Nobody played him before the rework either aside from me + my friend Tonetta. Where is that homie these days anywya

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Teikanmi posted:

Also Skarner is really boring to play

Shut up tei he was really fun in the day when you could get a billion movespeed on him and he was faster than a mobi boot hecarim

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

THE DANIELNATOR posted:

Anunu is good, willump I mean. Pretty good at peeling and zone denial. Ummmm I can't really think of any more good disengage junglers...poppy maybe? Can she still jungle? And fiddlesticks but I heard he's bad

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

THE DANIELNATOR posted:

Ivern!!! (Note: very difficult)

Nunu peels and basically nothing else

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

here's a good rule for league of legends: if you want a tank on your team, you better be picking it because your other teammates dont give a gently caress

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
i'll be honest, i havent played a tank support in like 4 months. even when its obviously the right pick, it just sucks so bad. rather lose than get stuck playing braum every goddamn game.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Darth Windu posted:

Shut up tei he was really fun in the day when you could get a billion movespeed on him and he was faster than a mobi boot hecarim

i miss not stupid capture zone skarner so badly

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Leona is an extremely fun lane bullying, hard engaging, relatively high damage rank support that can totally stomp people who don't know how to position against her.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

rather than pick a tank, pick janna and easily win the game. thats my autofill advice.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Every team needing a tank is a bullshit rule that people at every level can safely ignore. Things every team needs:

A way to engage (can we start a fight on an out of position champ?)
Damage (can we kill anyone? (this one is the easiest))
Lane pressure (this is the hardest to explain, but if every lane is weak you can't have a Yi or Shyvana or Diana jungle because you'll just lose all your towers and objectives and the game will end before anyone can scale)

Why this is different from having a tank is that you can have decent engage with Lissandra or Thresh or Lee without having a real tank. You can also have a tank who has poor initiation like Nunu or Braum or Taric and not have a good way to win.

Here's a good no-tank team comp:

Kennen
Lee
Ahri
Jhin
Janna

...because it has lane pressure, great teamfighting and engage, insane pick potential, and scales well.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Radical posted:

rather than pick a tank, pick janna and easily win the game. thats my autofill advice.

Yeah. The only times I'm like WHY DID I PLAY JANNA is when my team has some no-engage top and jungle like Fiora/Graves.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

tanks are a lot harder to gently caress up than squishy engages

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
They also deal about the same damage this patch

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

on average riven does less damage per game than maokai, really makes u think

Orv
May 4, 2011
Support Nautilus all day every day.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Radical posted:

This is thrown off by the fact that in losing games, mao can sit in their team dealing AOE damage for half a minute, whereas Riven buys tears and intentionally feeds

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Radical posted:

Nothing can make me think!!!!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Crazy Larry posted:

There never has been nor will there ever be a time when Amumu is not the correct answer to this question.

Amumu doesn't do all that great in high ranked games. Doesn't he basically never get picked in pro games?

Pretty much everywhere else Amumu is so good. I really doubt he'll ever get nerfed and when it comes to solo queue his engage is a big ol' WE'RE FIGHTING NOW YOU DUMB FUCKS beacon.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Amumu doesn't do all that great in high ranked games. Doesn't he basically never get picked in pro games?

Pretty much everywhere else Amumu is so good. I really doubt he'll ever get nerfed and when it comes to solo queue his engage is a big ol' WE'RE FIGHTING NOW YOU DUMB FUCKS beacon.

Amumu actually was played pretty effective in one or two LCK games this year when a team used their pick/ban phase to actually build a targeted team comp. But generally yes, if you're queuing up with literal profesional LoL players then he's not a good champ and you're also not going to be asking the original question.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
leona is insanely fun to play up until the second you fall behind. she then becomes insanely unfun.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Amumu works in lower elo because people don't know how to mind-game the ganking Amumu into throwing his bind the wrong way

High elo players will make you work for that poo poo and then just flash it if it's coming at them

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The most satisfying lowbie wombo I've ever seen is Kallista slingshotting a Morgana into everyone on the enemy team and Amumu Bandage Tossing in and hitting his ult while they're all knocked up, followed by Morg's ult. You just can't get those kinds of quality sick plays at higher Elos where people understand things like "don't stand on top of each other, especially when the enemy team has an AoE death combo."

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the most satisfying wombo is curse of the sad bullet time

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

rabidsquid posted:

2010 still the best

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

With a friend I once got a 5 man morgana ult into a fully charged nunu ult.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Most people pretty obviously mean "initiator" when they mean "tank", the latter is just quicker to say and more embedded in MMO lingo. Also easier to manage for bad/mediocre players than squishy engagers.

It's not like beefy items are hidden from certain heroes.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Servaetes posted:

i miss not stupid capture zone skarner so badly

did you see the thing about credit cards used at league finals being compromised

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Welp, it turns out, again, that I know absolutely nothing about this game because Malza seems to be roughly in the same spot, winrate wise, as before the changes, rather than completely dead like I expected.. I have no idea why, his laning feels like absolute dogshit now.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 27, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Aumanor posted:

Welp, it turns out, again, that I know absolutely nothing about this game because Malza seems to be roughly in the same spot, winrate wise, as before the changes, rather than completely dead like I expected.. I have no idea why, his laning feels like absolute dogshit now.

because the only people who play him anymore are malzahar whisperers

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Making voidlings only speed up if the enemy is in 600 range was such a poo poo decision, hell yeah lets make the dogs useless if you dont walk an enemy to their team

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Does tonetta even play/post anymore, where my homegirl at

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Philip Rivers posted:

The most satisfying lowbie wombo I've ever seen is Kallista slingshotting a Morgana into everyone on the enemy team and Amumu Bandage Tossing in and hitting his ult while they're all knocked up, followed by Morg's ult. You just can't get those kinds of quality sick plays at higher Elos where people understand things like "don't stand on top of each other, especially when the enemy team has an AoE death combo."

The secret is to only play ARAM where there's nowhere to run, cowards

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

God I am so bad at this game. I am always pushing my lane too hard and open myself up to ganks. Don't be like me guys.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

This is horrible, this is bad, this is unplayable.

People wander around without rhyme or reason then when they get picked off they cry "team" then after 3 lost teamfights they go "ALL MID" while every other lane is pushing and when we lose the teamfight as expected they cry about focusing whoever.

I can't do anything, no matter, it's pointless.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

stump collector posted:

did you see the thing about credit cards used at league finals being compromised

Yeah I read about it a little, was it like a personal information leak thing? Thus far nothing so far happened to me so I'm gonna assume things are alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Bholder posted:

This is horrible, this is bad, this is unplayable.

People wander around without rhyme or reason then when they get picked off they cry "team" then after 3 lost teamfights they go "ALL MID" while every other lane is pushing and when we lose the teamfight as expected they cry about focusing whoever.

I can't do anything, no matter, it's pointless.

The game is much more fun if you play with a friend.

Right now I'm grinding out first wins of the day in norms with a buddy playing voli jungle while I play zil supp. Speed into his flip never gets old, we call it boosted animal.

• Locked thread