Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Dunno my man. Best I can do is some kind of slingshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Maybe I can find a lifehack that uses rubber bands, breadclips and a lemon to make me sound like less of a huge prick

Well you better figure it out soon because SOMEBODY's got to tell the WHO they should start saying "antivenin" instead of their current use of "antivenom," and we wouldn't want that person to sound like a huge prick.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
It's officially been antivenom since 1981, because antivenin is literally just the word "antivenom" but in French. Life: hacked

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
don't miss these ones

http://imgur.com/gallery/z5DIL

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Improbable Lobster posted:

Maybe I can find a lifehack that uses rubber bands, breadclips and a lemon to make me sound like less of a huge prick

Stuff the entire lemon in your mouth, rubber-band the bread clips to your fingers so you're unable to type. Walla!

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Pham Nuwen posted:

If you're outdoors or in the garage, both brake cleaner and automotive electric contact cleaner seem to do an excellent job against black widows and the enormous New Mexico roaches that sometimes wander into the garage

For bees: Super 77 spray adhesive and a lighter. It's like napalm. Kills them mid air.

Plus it's sticky and makes a terrible mess so that's handy.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

mostlygray posted:

For bees: Super 77 spray adhesive and a lighter. It's like napalm. Kills them mid air.

Plus it's sticky and makes a terrible mess so that's handy.

leave bees alone :(

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I have a nearly useless, but worked for me breadtag hack. I think about three tenants have left charred remains on the drip pans of our gas stove over the years and I decided this morning I was going to fix it. I started out scraping with an old ID card, but it was too big to get good leverage and not dig into my palm. I tried with the flat end of a bread tag and it worked perfectly. After three pans, it finally gave out, but it did a good job of scraping up gunk without scratching the enamel.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

starkebn posted:

leave bees alone :(

Yeah, bees are good and not aggressive. Hell, most wasps won't attack you if you aren't attack them.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Nah, dude, bees are nightmare creatures. Everyone always tells me that without bees, the planet is doomed. I'm fine with that.
On a serious note: Bees are, like, the only thing I'm afraid of. Some guy at a Renaissance faire tried to explain to me how silly my irrational fee was while selling me honey. No poo poo it's irrational, that's why it's a fear. Whatever.

Lifehack: be afraid of bees and get a 2-for-1 discount on killer bee honey.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Shared without comment...

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Where can I find gelatinized raw chicken breast?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

This fits half the bill, and avoiding cooking is a life hack.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Eponine posted:

I have a nearly useless, but worked for me breadtag hack. I think about three tenants have left charred remains on the drip pans of our gas stove over the years and I decided this morning I was going to fix it. I started out scraping with an old ID card, but it was too big to get good leverage and not dig into my palm. I tried with the flat end of a bread tag and it worked perfectly. After three pans, it finally gave out, but it did a good job of scraping up gunk without scratching the enamel.

Wow thanks for sharing!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I think I bought the car of a Lifehacker. It had a single breadtag in the trunk. We don't even use breadtags in Germany...

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I know that's supposed to be his bow tie or whatever but all I can see is a stick figure with a giant Colonel head

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

someone awful. posted:

I know that's supposed to be his bow tie or whatever but all I can see is a stick figure with a giant Colonel head

gently caress, now I can't unsee this.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zipperelli. posted:

gently caress, now I can't unsee this.

Yeah, my life just changed.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

someone awful. posted:

God drat it.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, my life just changed.

Same. Life: hacked

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Ruin corporate logos for people with this one weird trick!

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

someone awful. posted:

Finally, someone who understands

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

Shared without comment...

I think this one may be what's known as a "joke."

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Eponine posted:

Actually, I can recommend duct taping one to the inside to your thigh: that way you'll never leave home without one! Only the unprepared are unprepared!

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

someone awful. posted:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

someone awful. posted:

Ruin corporate logos for people with this one weird trick!

https://youtu.be/N4OY7ugkbxE

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dogfish posted:

I think this is the real product in the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxEfzdYttU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dogfish posted:

Yeah, it's just a chunk of cleaning gel specifically made for dusting. For a moment there, I did wonder where you'd get a chicken breast that color. Ew.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

davidspackage posted:

Yeah, it's just a chunk of cleaning gel specifically made for dusting. For a moment there, I did wonder where you'd get a chicken breast that color. Ew.

Leave it unwrapped in a fridge for a few days.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That's also a life hack for dropping 10-15lbs in a week.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Dysentery is Mother Nature's toxin cleanse.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Dienes posted:

It's like some kind of keyboard goop!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Turns out the was actually another way to remove it this whole time.

Haha that's egg on his face

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
More amazing lifehacks on Imgur. Moreso, I suspect these might actually work!

http://imgur.com/gallery/acnQt

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Samizdata posted:

More amazing lifehacks on Imgur. Moreso, I suspect these might actually work!

http://imgur.com/gallery/acnQt

If they work they're not lifehacks unless they happen to be needlessly complicated or more expensive than doing it the way everyone else does it. :colbert:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Len posted:

Lifehack: don't want to actually interact with customers? Make them go through a tree of options so they hang up in frustration before getting to a real person. Be sure to make the hold music stop every 20 seconds for a message about how you can go online to solve the problem yourself. Only the truly dedicated people will stick around long enough to bother your employees.
Our IT department did a customer service survey and found that people got annoyed when they were on hold for more than 6 minutes, so they set the system to keep people on hold for 6 minutes then hang up.

Dienes posted:

"Wait about ten minutes"
Just what I always wanted, a way to gradually clean my keyboard over the course of an hour.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

GWBBQ posted:

Our IT department did a customer service survey and found that people got annoyed when they were on hold for more than 6 minutes, so they set the system to keep people on hold for 6 minutes then hang up.

Despite all the awful political stuff happening right now, this is easily the most infuriating thing I've read all day.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GWBBQ posted:

"Wait about ten minutes"
Just what I always wanted, a way to gradually clean my keyboard over the course of an hour.

Make sure you don't wait longer than ten minutes though. If you wait too long it will ooze under the keys and then tear apart when you try to lift it up. Leaving bits of sticky gel everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mozman
Nov 3, 2010
The first one just makes more mess than it actually cleans. The perfect hack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZmjXEoN28s