Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

change my name posted:

Don't cabinet members have to be confirmed by the senate or am I making things up (or does it not even matter anymore)

in what universe would the Republican-controlled Senate not confirm literally anyone he put up for the job?

e: riggEd Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Serf posted:

in what universe would the Republican-controlled Senate not confirm literally anyone he put up for the job?

They won't confirm Bolton for SoS at the very least.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

A-ATTENTION, ATTENTION BARRON TRUMP

BARRON I KNOW YOU'RE THERE, I CAN HEAR YOUR DEFORMED HANDS FROM HERE

*sigh* what dad

"IS..IS YOUR REFRIGERATOR RUNNING"

*sigh*

"ANSWER ME BARRON"

yes dad

"THEN YOU HAD BETTER GO CATCH IT, BOOM ANOTHER SLAM DUNK" *a brief "excellent joke sir" is heard before the intercom turns off*

*sigh*

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Bert Roberge posted:

drat that guy is missing out on some good love.

yeah hes a real piece of poo poo but what are you gonna do?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
lol Jill Stein somehow ended up being a national hero.

Serf
May 5, 2011

zegermans posted:

They won't confirm Bolton for SoS at the very least.

I bet you that if Trump appointed him they'd let it pass without a peep lol

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

lol Jill Stein somehow ended up being a national hero.

she was always a national treasure

https://somebodyssister-steinselcer.bandcamp.com/album/circuits-to-the-sun-somebodys-sister

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Oh man, that was a good hearty laugh, the recount could be called a total success if it stopped right now.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Serf posted:

I doubt it'd be without a peep as Bolton is one of the most abrasive and repellent humans currently alive, and would be guaranteed to spend a fair amount of his confirmation hearing sneeringly condescending to just about everyone in the room.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Serf posted:

Rand Paul has been pretty outspoken about it and I'm not sure he really has a reason to back down

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

i deeply hope at least one state flips because that will be the nicest meltdown to end all nice meltdowns

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I doubt it'd be without a peep as Bolton is one of the most abrasive and repellent humans currently alive, and would be guaranteed to spend a fair amount of his confirmation hearing sneeringly condescending to just about everyone in the room.

this only makes his appointment more likely

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4r0gkByCvY

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Serf posted:

Ben Carson denied his qualifications for a Cabinet position only a week before he accepted one. That might make his HUD confirmation hearings fun.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

wonder what his username is

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zegermans posted:

Rand Paul has been pretty outspoken about it and I'm not sure he really has a reason to back down
I am at the point now where I hope Rand Paul can save us all and Mittens was SoS. I am past the cob stage, I'm just a can of creamed corn.

Philip Rivers posted:

i deeply hope at least one state flips because that will be the nicest meltdown to end all nice meltdowns
:same:

Yinlock posted:

:yeah:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Yinlock posted:

I never said they wouldn't eventually confirm him.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

if anyone asks later when we learned for sure that the country/world was officially doomed its this moment fyi

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Philip Rivers posted:

Hope its WI so Paul Ryan gets blamed.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
At church today the rector said that Episcopal church stands firmly against Trump and his "nazi-like supporters and agenda" :unsmith:

My fav part was when she said that "good Christians don't tolerate nazi scum" :stare:

Serf
May 5, 2011

zegermans posted:

Paul the Lesser is useless

but this is all ridiculous because Trump is gonna appoint Romney for maximum stupidity

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

FistEnergy posted:

if anyone asks later when we learned for sure that the country/world was officially doomed its this moment fyi

I'm wondering how long it'll be before he claims to have actually won every state, and every legitimate vote.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Oiled and Ready posted:

I actually believe Clinton as president with congress being the same result as now would harm more Americans and also kill millions more foreigners

I do not like the GOP, i would prefer Trump having to work with a blue congress as he probably will in the latter 2 years of his first term. If he ends up being a rubber stamp, that sucks, but that is why it is a good thing that he is a petulant child who will listen to his base, the base that even before adding rustocrats would literally vote to behead Paul Ryan on live TV

you're all right but this is a really dumb post, you should feel bad

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

o/u 1 month on how long it takes trump to start accusing people of being treasonous and unamerican anyone?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is your saint of the month reminder that the Episcopal church was thrown out of the Anglican communion for being "to far to the left"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Venom Snake posted:

My fav part was when she said that "good Christians don't tolerate nazi scum" :stare:

It's a nice sentiment, but historically nice Christians have tolerated Nazi scum pretty much every time.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

o/u 1 month on how long it takes trump to start accusing people of being treasonous and unamerican anyone?

from now or from inauguration?

lol who i am kidding, under for both

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's a nice sentiment, but historically nice Christians have tolerated Nazi scum pretty much every time.

That was the entire point of her sermon today. If you tolerate Nazi's you might be "nice" but you lose any right to claim you are "good"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

That was the entire point of her sermon today. If you tolerate Nazi's you might be "nice" but you lose any right to claim you are "good"

but you just ask for forgiveness later

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

liberal ideology in a nutshell

if you dont tolerate nazis youre the real nazi

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Brown Moses posted:

Donald Trump is trying to delegitimise the election he won. 2016, folks.

This is the second time he's done this. The first was 5 days after the election.

quote:

I hated-- well, you know, I’m not going to change my mind just because I won. But I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes and somebody else gets 90 million votes and you win.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-donald-trump-family-melania-ivanka-lesley-stahl/

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Say after me:
President Infowars

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Karl Sharks posted:

from now or from inauguration?

lol who i am kidding, under for both

I'm glad I printed out my Trump campaign contribution in case I get questioned by the goldcloaks

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Nichael posted:

No shitpost
No shitpost
You're the shitpost!

What you actually believed is just about wrong in every sense, and has been proven to be wrong over and over. The woman was far from perfect (no one actually is perfect though so who cares?) but she wouldn't have harmed more Americans or foreigners. This is the man who wants to deport millions of hardworking people living here on day one. Those people are, frankly, more American than I am because they chose to live here, and they struggle to stay here and contribute. I was just born here and perennially exist here as a shitposting lump. I'd question my American credentials prior to theirs. As for foreigners, I will just reiterate that this is a guy who thinks torture works, and explicitly wants to kill children of suspected terrorists instead of accidentally killing children of suspected terrorists, the Bush/Clinton/Obama status quo. Both suck but one's a lot more evil.

We will not have a blue House or Senate in two years. It's naive to think that when the man has constructed a Kim-esque personality cult for himself. He's immune to criticism, and will instead install more daughter-screwing Trumpian GOP lackeys in the legislature in 2018. He is a petulant child, but he has not demonstrated that he'll even necessarily listen to his base. And listening to his base will accomplish what exactly? Political imprisonment of former opponents and Muslim internment camps? Yeah, let's not listen to those guys, thanks.

Illegal immigrants are not Americans because the word American means, at least to me, American citizens. Clinton is a criminal who broke the law, and if she isn't she will not be put in jail just hassled yet again. There is no current plan to implement internment camps or even to ban Muslim immigrants except those from volatile nations. There is nothing unconstitutional about a religious test on immigrants, those protections begin only once they are within US jurisdiction.

His base is now sufficiently large and center-right enough that he has already reversed on torture use, the two most liked aspects of Obamacare, and his initial decision to not put through the lobbyist ban in his transition team. He will soon save millions of lives by ending the conflict in Syria and returning control to the Assad regime.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Oiled and Ready posted:

Illegal immigrants are not Americans because the word American means, at least to me, American citizens. Clinton is a criminal who broke the law, and if she isn't she will not be put in jail just hassled yet again. There is no current plan to implement internment camps or even to ban Muslim immigrants except those from volatile nations. There is nothing unconstitutional about a religious test on immigrants, those protections begin only once they are within US jurisdiction.

His base is now sufficiently large and center-right enough that he has already reversed on torture use, the two most liked aspects of Obamacare, and his initial decision to not put through the lobbyist ban in his transition team. He will soon save millions of lives by ending the conflict in Syria and returning control to the Assad regime.

i always hated we were supporting allah ackbars in syria who are alqueda or just like a name change away from being alqueda

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Karl Sharks posted:

you're all right but this is a really dumb post, you should feel bad

I will feel bad when im wrong on the direction Trump takes, it's been a while since that happened though

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Oiled and Ready posted:

He will soon save millions of lives by ending the conflict in Syria

saving this one for later

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baloogan posted:

i always hated we were supporting allah ackbars in syria who are alqueda or just like a name change away from being alqueda

The "good guys" the US military trained ended up joining groups like Al Nursa a few months later.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Quoting this for posterity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/803000163820126208

• Locked thread