Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Concordat posted:

Yeah it only spawns in small safes, I believe. The huge safe that appears in the Pear, Coffee, or China shops always has a bunch of loose cash, and the locker safe in the back of the convenience store always has a baggable set of jewelry.

There's a bunch of small safes on 1d but so far I've found cash wads, jewelry, and coin collections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Man, this talk about the spec ops pack is making me want to buy it at full price. The speed pull and arbiter sound like a lot of fun.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
Unlocking the arbiter is some semi-janky poo poo, though. The keys and cases aren't entirely exclusive to their multiday heists. Miss the first key for framing frame? Just load up art gallery. Same for cook off and the bank heists.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Shadowbag posted:

Unlocking the arbiter is some semi-janky poo poo, though. The keys and cases aren't entirely exclusive to their multiday heists. Miss the first key for framing frame? Just load up art gallery. Same for cook off and the bank heists.

Oh, so they don't have to be collected during one single mission?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jim DiGriz posted:

The funny thing is it tracks it between different jobs and even doing the heist again. Once you got them all they stay gotten for your progress to that gun.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jim DiGriz posted:

Nope. Missed the key on day 1 for rats but got the rest, then got the key helping another goon with the job, and got the ping as soon as we grabbed it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Wait, the Arbiter can't pick up ammo? That's dumb. I miss the days when using an ammo bag meant you screwed up.

I'll probably wait for it to be 50% off around Christmas.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Wait, the Arbiter can't pick up ammo? That's dumb. I miss the days when using an ammo bag meant you screwed up.

I'll probably wait for it to be 50% off around Christmas.

No, the Arbiter has fantastic ammo pickup.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Okay, I guess the wiki was wrong. Thanks.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Shadowbag posted:

Nope. Missed the key on day 1 for rats but got the rest, then got the key helping another goon with the job, and got the ping as soon as we grabbed it.

Crabtree posted:

The funny thing is it tracks it between different jobs and even doing the heist again. Once you got them all they stay gotten for your progress to that gun.

Yup, and now I have an Arbiter, ho-ho-ho.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Arbiter is basically an XM25 isn't it?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Welp, just spent $10 on DLC. Spec-Ops, Biker pack, Sydney pack, and AK/CAR pack. Looking forward to the speed pull mags, horizontal leveler, breaker, anarchist deck, and possibly the DMR AK or M16.

Is the Anarchist deck best with the LBV, or does it work with the ICTV too? I like the extra armor aspect, but I'm not sure how to use it.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's good with both. Just keep in mind that the bulkier your armor, the longer a wait you have between regen periods. So its a good idea to max the deck out to be able to get armor back with damage done, and supplement it with Bullseye aced if you want to bring your ICTV.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Welp, just spent $10 on DLC. Spec-Ops, Biker pack, Sydney pack, and AK/CAR pack. Looking forward to the speed pull mags, horizontal leveler, breaker, anarchist deck, and possibly the DMR AK or M16.

Is the Anarchist deck best with the LBV, or does it work with the ICTV too? I like the extra armor aspect, but I'm not sure how to use it.

It's a commonly used perk deck for one down in conjunction with ICTV. The only problem you have with the weaker armors is that you are giving up health to get a ton of armor, so once the armor is gone you go down like a sack of poo poo.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I use a build that runs Anarchist-LBV with no dodge on OVK/sometimes mayhem and love it. Ace Bullseye and you can take it as long as you're dishing it out at the same time. With an LBV/Anarchist setup you wind up with about as much armor as other perk decks get with ICTV, plus you're very fast. Best paired with some manner of shoot-while-sprinting skill (note this also enables melee'ing while sprinting, cuz why wouldn't you frenzerk as an anarchist?)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
We're getting new AR ammo types. I don't know the details- it was leaked in a dev stream.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

We're getting new AR ammo types. I don't know the details- it was leaked in a dev stream.

:confuoot: AP rounds?

AP Incendiary?

What would be the mechanical tradeoffs for the different types?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Drewjitsu posted:

:confuoot: AP rounds?

AP Incendiary?

What would be the mechanical tradeoffs for the different types?

http://i.imgur.com/e4InjtL.png

Looks like a penetrator and definitely an HE round, but beyond that's just a guess.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 27, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
When is the OICW coming

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I want a gun that shoots explosions with a 1000 RoF.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

grancheater posted:

I want a gun that shoots explosions with a 1000 RoF.

http://i.imgur.com/6izie4M.gifv

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I miss that mod. in fact i miss all my mods

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

chairface posted:

I use a build that runs Anarchist-LBV with no dodge on OVK/sometimes mayhem and love it. Ace Bullseye and you can take it as long as you're dishing it out at the same time. With an LBV/Anarchist setup you wind up with about as much armor as other perk decks get with ICTV, plus you're very fast. Best paired with some manner of shoot-while-sprinting skill (note this also enables melee'ing while sprinting, cuz why wouldn't you frenzerk as an anarchist?)

Works well up to DW, but is unfortunately still too squishy on OD. The problem with OD remains that builds with no dodge just don't have enough survivability.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Wastrel_ posted:

Works well up to DW, but is unfortunately still too squishy on OD. The problem with OD remains that builds with no dodge just don't have enough survivability.

Yeah on OD suit-dodge is the only thing I've managed to make work. Everything's so squishy armor lasts 2 hits tops.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
ICTV builds are entirely workable on 1D.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

What works on OD is largely a function of a series of dicerolls, both in the form of enemy accuracy, and in terms of how the police AI will break on a given run. A maxed out Anarchist will still lose all of their armor in two hits from a heavy Zeal SWAT at any range.

edit: I just noticed that (in development, not final) HE ammo mod reduces your total ammo by ~26 and adds 80 damage.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Welp. I guess I'm gonna starve to death.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

What works on OD is largely a function of a series of dicerolls, both in the form of enemy accuracy, and in terms of how the police AI will break on a given run. A maxed out Anarchist will still lose all of their armor in two hits from a heavy Zeal SWAT at any range.

edit: I just noticed that (in development, not final) HE ammo mod reduces your total ammo by ~26 and adds 80 damage.

After spending more time on 1D I find that ICTV Anarchist is probably one of the worst choices you could make. You get a poo poo ton of armor that you still lose in a few shots and with how the deck works, it takes forever to regen so you're just hosed immediately. The fact that I made it work was just bruteforcing the difficulty to completion. LBV Anarchist can survive a comparable number of shots while having a lot faster regen and movement speed. I much prefer ICTV Armorer if you wanted to go that route, since you can still make use of Second Wind and have near instant armor regen.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Welp. I guess I'm gonna starve to death.
How did you get there?!?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
do we still play this game with each other? tried the discord server and the new cts, but everything seems dead

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Beta feedback funtimes!

quote:

So, just wondering, is Overkill going to actually leave the minigun in it's poo poo condition? Like, either you get a mod that makes it actually accurate but even less controllable, or you get a mod that makes it controlable but completely inaccurate.
The minigun is currently a lovely shotgun/lmg hybrid, outmatched by every LMG and every shotgun.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Soup du Journey posted:

do we still play this game with each other? tried the discord server and the new cts, but everything seems dead

pubstove is canon in the game and in your heart

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

22 Eargesplitten posted:

As others said, Anarchist is good with both. It also synergizes extremely well with the Bullseye and Frenzy skills.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 27, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Soup du Journey posted:

I just don't know anymore dude... :smith:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

CTS has been dead for months and it was dying before that as the quality of players dropped and people just split off into their own groups. It's much easier to just roll the dice with pubs because at least you can yell at them for being bad.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

CTS is gonna be switched to something else by the end of the month. If anyone can get me a working permanent link to some Discords, I'll post them. I've just been kind of busy lately and the Discord UI is kind of blowing my mind.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yes please, someone tell me how to play with goons. I need some cheevos, like that "Don't let cops into the jewelry store" one. Or can you just stealth it and get it? I want to try my hand at the M16 DMR. Also the breaker shotgun, but I guess those attachments aren't achivement based.

Is there any reason not to use something like the loco for the reconing achievement? I can pretty much use nothing but that in a long heist like counterfeit, and since I never have to use the sights the magnification won't matter.

Is there a best hud mod? I want to keep track of buffs, get the actual directions from Rats, that sort of thing.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yes please, someone tell me how to play with goons. I need some cheevos, like that "Don't let cops into the jewelry store" one. Or can you just stealth it and get it? I want to try my hand at the M16 DMR. Also the breaker shotgun, but I guess those attachments aren't achivement based.

Is there any reason not to use something like the loco for the reconing achievement? I can pretty much use nothing but that in a long heist like counterfeit, and since I never have to use the sights the magnification won't matter.

Is there a best hud mod? I want to keep track of buffs, get the actual directions from Rats, that sort of thing.

I think this is the current Goon PD2 Discord:

https://discordapp.com/channels/228705291535908871/228705291535908871

For the recon sight, the kills count if you hipfire, so just throw it on whatever weapon you want. The Loco should be fine.

Poco HUD and Wolf HUD are probably the most popular HUDs (I use a combination of the two). I'm sure whatshisface will be here in a sec to tell you all about MSPaint HUD.

I don't think either of those will help you with meth cooking, so this mod should do the trick: http://paydaymods.com/mods/157/BCCFS

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
The Payday 2 Goons Steam group still exists. There is only one channel, it won't switch protocols or servers, and you already have to be logged into Steam in order to play Payday 2. It seems to me like that would be the ideal place to form a group and then decide where you're going to meet up for voice chat. I don't understand why it's always so dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Lynx posted:

I think this is the current Goon PD2 Discord:

https://discordapp.com/channels/228705291535908871/228705291535908871

For the recon sight, the kills count if you hipfire, so just throw it on whatever weapon you want. The Loco should be fine.

Poco HUD and Wolf HUD are probably the most popular HUDs (I use a combination of the two). I'm sure whatshisface will be here in a sec to tell you all about MSPaint HUD.

I don't think either of those will help you with meth cooking, so this mod should do the trick: http://paydaymods.com/mods/157/BCCFS

That says invalid or expired. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be channels/whatevernumbers, I think it's supposed to be discord.gg/alphanumericstring123. I'm not sure how to find it, though.

The one I'm in has a picture of Chains's actor as the server icon, channel names like #safe_house and LFG Squad. Is that the right one? I never see anybody in the channels, just listed as online.

I know people used to hang out in the steam group's chat all the time, but I never see anyone in there anymore.