Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Dragomorph posted:

Is it worth saving fifty billion versions of a character if you're not actively macroing for trust masteries? I have a ton of Shantottos and Arcs based on advice that I should grind for multiples, but I'm not using an emulated version so I can't really macro it anyway, and I'm not a whale.

If you don't plan on macros and you think you'll get 20 of those units to smash together for one of their TMRs, then you probably can.. but I wouldn't recommend that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

2nd rainbow crystal in 2 days and I got this fella:

Thanks gumi :D

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Haven't drawn even one yet. Lucky.

All nine Exdeaths came from Greg-chasing over the past few days, so this banner's the time to do it!

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

oh WHAT THE gently caress IS UP, 5* Gilgamesh!
Wound up with three rare summon tickets, the first two were dogshit FFBE characters, the third was a rainbow crystal. I didn't even dare to dream - then "MWA HA HA HA HA! I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT TO DO, HADN'T I BEEN CALLED"

EAT
PISS

Hokay so i am still trying to get past veritas of the loving heavens in loving windmill town, here's the team I'm working on grinding up: L59/5* CoD, L60/4* Kain, L60/4* WoL, L31/5* Arc, L22/4* Exdeath. Here's the rest of my stable:
Rain, Lasswell, Fina, Rizer, Leah, Tronn, Eldin, Baurg, Gimlee, Maxell, Liza, Biggs, Paul, Anastasis, Sarah, King Giott, Mizell, Ronaldo, Mel, Penelo, Maria, Shadow, Krile, Edgar, Fran, Rydia, Clyne, Bedile, Kuja, Terra, Bartz, Zidane, Vaan, Roselia, Sarai, Paula, Ollie, Skaha, Montana, Russell, Miyuki, Galuf, Xiao, Locke, Leo, Rakshasa, Amarant, Lani, Karl, Seria, Agrias, Refia, Ingus, Gilgamesh.

I had been running CoD / Kain / WoL / Arc / Refia, but subbed out Exdeath for Refia because Refia can't use baraerora, and I've thrown some trash in place of Kain and WoL so the XP isn't wasted while I grind levels. I'm thinking that if I level Gilgamesh up and sub him in for Kain, that'll give me a harder hitter (WoL has some utility, and CoD has some protection buffs). And as someone pointed out, I don't have to care too hard about baraerora once I get CoD levelled up, so I might toss Refia back in for Exdeath for healing. Thoughts?

PopeCrunch fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 27, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yesterday i got shadow and today i got clyne

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

CoD/Greg/WoL/Arc/Refia certainly works, but you could sub in Agrias for WoL. Either way a quality party.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Chen Kenichi posted:

Should I be grinding the bridge for Excalipoors? Someone put it out there that there may be an exchange program in the future so I am now paranoid.

Also wondering about this, though it seems like that would be a super lovely thing of them to do.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

PopeCrunch posted:

oh WHAT THE gently caress IS UP, 5* Gilgamesh!
Wound up with three rare summon tickets, the first two were dogshit FFBE characters, the third was a rainbow crystal. I didn't even dare to dream - then "MWA HA HA HA HA! I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT TO DO, HADN'T I BEEN CALLED"

EAT
PISS

Hokay so i am still trying to get past veritas of the loving heavens in loving windmill town, here's the team I'm working on grinding up: L59/5* CoD, L60/4* Kain, L60/4* WoL, L31/5* Arc, L22/4* Exdeath. Here's the rest of my stable:
Rain, Lasswell, Fina, Rizer, Leah, Tronn, Eldin, Baurg, Gimlee, Maxell, Liza, Biggs, Paul, Anastasis, Sarah, King Giott, Mizell, Ronaldo, Mel, Penelo, Maria, Shadow, Krile, Edgar, Fran, Rydia, Clyne, Bedile, Kuja, Terra, Bartz, Zidane, Vaan, Roselia, Sarai, Paula, Ollie, Skaha, Montana, Russell, Miyuki, Galuf, Xiao, Locke, Leo, Rakshasa, Amarant, Lani, Karl, Seria, Agrias, Refia, Ingus, Gilgamesh.

I had been running CoD / Kain / WoL / Arc / Refia, but subbed out Exdeath for Refia because Refia can't use baraerora, and I've thrown some trash in place of Kain and WoL so the XP isn't wasted while I grind levels. I'm thinking that if I level Gilgamesh up and sub him in for Kain, that'll give me a harder hitter (WoL has some utility, and CoD has some protection buffs). And as someone pointed out, I don't have to care too hard about baraerora once I get CoD levelled up, so I might toss Refia back in for Exdeath for healing. Thoughts?

I had the same problem as a new player. And I'd like to suggest the same approach I eventually took.
Stop trying to beat Veritas.
Go grind levels, awaken your units, don't bother with story progression for a few days. Spend some lapis to run through the Chamber of Experience a few dozen times. When you come back you will find him trivial.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, just go max your team, maybe run Bridge ADV with a buff-rear end 6* friend, get everyone somewhat up to speed and you'll just smash him. Your team should be able to easily do it, just not if it's underleveled.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Mrit SA posted:

I had the same problem as a new player. And I'd like to suggest the same approach I eventually took.
Stop trying to beat Veritas.
Go grind levels, awaken your units, don't bother with story progression for a few days. Spend some lapis to run through the Chamber of Experience a few dozen times. When you come back you will find him trivial.

This should be advice for any newbie in general. If you hit a roadblock do something else in the game for a while instead of bang your head against a wall. Whether that be finishing quests or grinding xp/materials/crystals or lapis quests in scenarios it is better than wasting NRG trying a super difficult boss over and over again and losing. I hit a roadblock in the coliseum with ADV Archileuth so I left it for a week+. Came back to it because of the coliseum wins as part of the daily quests and it ended up being trivial because I had powered up so much in that time.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'll third that and say level up your team. Stuff like Full Break is such a big game changer. Make sure you have the materials needed for awakening before you start leveling them up. If you have lotsa free time, you can do Maranda Coast explorations to stock up on Ice Megacrysts to boot.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

almost every unit in the game is useless not at max level. like a 3* exdeath can't really do anything at all, i am pretty sure he doesn't get elemental spells until 4* even.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
The exvius unit rankings just updated their list to include the new/upgraded units. I'm a little surprised that Gilgamesh is only at 11 when I was under the impression that with Dual Wield, he could easily keep up with the likes of Luneth and Lightning.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

With the new ratings Exdeath having a 19 overall rating makes him the strongest unit in the game, while Krile is pulling a solid 15.5, both units leaving Lightning and Luneth in the dust

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Yeah, I was lamenting not getting Tilith or Refia and being stuck with Lenna as my healer, but Krile getting a decent 5* upgrade along with Curaja puts her right back in my party again. Which is fitting, because for a looooong stretch of the game she was my dedicated mage/healer in one

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

So what I'm hearing is level the balls off of exdeath, gilgamesh, and krile.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Free Ticket > Gold Crystal > 4* Shantoto. At least it wasn't Gilgamesh.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Kronikle posted:

The exvius unit rankings just updated their list to include the new/upgraded units. I'm a little surprised that Gilgamesh is only at 11 when I was under the impression that with Dual Wield, he could easily keep up with the likes of Luneth and Lightning.

They don't rank with TM rewards included. So they're rating him without dual wield.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man

Asmodai_00 posted:

They don't rank with TM rewards included. So they're rating him without dual wield.

That's what I initially thought, but for units like Cecil and Refia it says, "Note: Rating takes Dualcast into account." I guess that means if they don't explicitly mention it like in those cases, TMs aren't factored into the rating.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Kronikle posted:

That's what I initially thought, but for units like Cecil and Refia it says, "Note: Rating takes Dualcast into account." I guess that means if they don't explicitly mention it like in those cases, TMs aren't factored into the rating.

Oh well then once again we have proof that wikis are dumb as hell

deltah
Sep 28, 2012
The bridge thing is pretty great -- leveled Refia from 60-83 (come on embolden). It is still much more of a grind than chamber of experience but its twice as efficient energy use. I have a ton of Elza friends left over from the last event and even without amazing gear they can frequently just chain limit breaks back to back every encounter.

Now I just need to pull an ExDeath.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Oh hey, hello recipe for attack +10%! Forgot you were available in the new story content.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

deltah posted:

The bridge thing is pretty great -- leveled Refia from 60-83 (come on embolden). It is still much more of a grind than chamber of experience but its twice as efficient energy use. I have a ton of Elza friends left over from the last event and even without amazing gear they can frequently just chain limit breaks back to back every encounter.

Now I just need to pull an ExDeath.

Is it more efficient than explorations?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I have five exdeaths. Should I just have a team of five exdeaths for all content

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

itskage posted:

It's only better for time really, but it beats the EXP chamber.

deltah
Sep 28, 2012

itskage posted:

No, miranda / dwarven / etc are more efficient plus you get collection points. The bridge is just less time and effort if all you want is to grind some levels. Its still more hassle than chamber of experience though.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

deltah posted:

No, miranda / dwarven / etc are more efficient plus you get collection points. The bridge is just less time and effort if all you want is to grind some levels. Its still more hassle than chamber of experience though.

Gotcha. Looks much faster and easier, but about 1k/nrg less than Miranda.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
So, uh, anyone else notice you can Evoke Carbuncle in the Arena? Cause you can totally evoke Carbuncle in the Arena.

Also it has the most adorable evoke animation :kimchi:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Orgophlax posted:

EDIT: And what's the deal with Bedile that he seems to be held in high regard?

"High" regard. Since nobody gave a serious answer here, Bedile is probably one of the three worst rare-summon pull units in the game, after Shadow (who has absolutely no redeeming values) and Anzelm (whose Trust Mastery is literally craftable, like right now). There are several reasons for this:
  • His stats are poo poo. Like, even for a max-4* unit, his stats are below average.
  • Spellblade/"hybrid" attacks are garbage in this game thanks to how the game calculates damage. First it rolls as if the attack is physical (unit ATK vs target DEF), then it rolls as if the attack is magic (unit MAG vs target SPR), then it averages the two results. What you get is an attack that ends up "mediocre" no matter how good the unit is, because they're always going to do less damage than if they'd just relied on a single stat.
  • His Trust Mastery reward isn't even good, being an aforementioned spellblade attack.
  • He is goddamn everywhere in the rare summon gacha, currently. As it stands, summons are weighted so that "good" units are rarer than bad ones, and as of such, there's an unholy fuckton of Bediles, Shadows, and Anzelms to be pulled but not nearly as many Bartzes, Exdeaths, or what have you.

In other words, he's infamous because he's the very personification of wasted lapis/tickets.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Shadow has one reedeeming value

he can run

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So how does this Nox bullshit work? Every time I try the game just goes in an infinite loop of trying to connect to google play accounts.

EDIT: Got it working but the whole macro seems slightly shifted to the left slightly. Oh well, at least it works.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 28, 2016

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Did a ticket and a daily: golbez and zidane! So much tm to grind, but it'll be worth it. Game loves me this week.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
This has been an unusually great banner. Absolutely filthy with useless bunny women, but also great.

Tickets plus dailies:

Fran x3
Bedile
Bartz
Exdeath
WoL!?
Faris
Refia!!

I didn't have any of these aside from fran and bedile. I pulled as much as possible for WoL and Refia on their respective banners and got jack.

Refia will be spending a lot of quality time out on the big bridge. If I have a maxed and potted Cecil, is WoL still going to be useful? I have literally every other breaker, but I hear he's interesting at 6*.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If you have max Cecil and Agrias, I'd bench WoL. WoL had use during the Maxwell Trial for running both Cecil and WoL double tank (alongside Refia) for all of the mitigation.

When 6* WoL comes out, he takes over Cecil's job.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Quick arena question for all of you that know a poo poo ton more than I do.

So I'm currently rocking a team of Cecil cod draclaz arc and exdeath until I can get the mats together for my 3 other exdeaths. In the mean time am I better chaining a double cast elemental like firaga with ex and arc or am I better off doubling Meteor and an elemental? Does the elemental chain add more than Meteor does? It's hard to tell which does more damage because the numbers fly by so quick.

I think the chained elementals do more damage on average but I wasn't certain. Also would it make more sense then to drop draclaz or Cecil for kefka to chain up a bunch of thundagas ? I very much appreciate any advice I can get

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You're probably going to get more consistent damage out of Meteor by ignoring resistances, and you can still chain with it with timing.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Ah awesome thanks. Now to try swapping in kefka to see if his AoE will add a little more umph to things. So far it seems like strong growth magic users are the way to go in the arena, although that could be because I don't have any duel wielding dudes with area blast

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mages look cooler.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Is Osmose magic or attack based?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Quick arena question for all of you that know a poo poo ton more than I do.

So I'm currently rocking a team of Cecil cod draclaz arc and exdeath until I can get the mats together for my 3 other exdeaths. In the mean time am I better chaining a double cast elemental like firaga with ex and arc or am I better off doubling Meteor and an elemental? Does the elemental chain add more than Meteor does? It's hard to tell which does more damage because the numbers fly by so quick.

I think the chained elementals do more damage on average but I wasn't certain. Also would it make more sense then to drop draclaz or Cecil for kefka to chain up a bunch of thundagas ? I very much appreciate any advice I can get

Most things die to dual Meteor and Black Mist. Anything you add after that is just gravy. Arc and CoD chaining lightning and Cecil can just hang out since Focus can't be used this week.

• Locked thread